Character - What's the deal with Krauser? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character What's the deal with Krauser?

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Another thing about Krauser that wasn't mentions was his "name change". In the original series, it was just Krauser all in katakana and made to look like a foreign name. However, in the series now his last name is all in Kanji and is Kurausa. I think they changed his character to be at least half japanese. That or there's some hidden story element that he changed his name to be a japanese citizen or something so he could compete in the U-17 team.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting Sai...the intricacies one misses due to language barriers can be funny at times.

Last edited:

taniquetil

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Two points:

First, I'm well aware of the 'r', 'l' barrier in Japanese, but if you watch the OVA, one of the foreign players says 'Klauser, allows a passing shot?', with a very obvious 'l' sound. I'm assuming that these foreign guys are the ones who know the real pronunciation. I know there was a discussion on this a while back.

On another hand, how come 1st Year Krauser/Klauser never got a rookie showdown with Ryoma?

Bowser

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In any case, about all of this discussion, as I stated in another post, I think Nagoya isn´t so bad. Ok, they haven´t got a National SF level, but if they defeated Yamabuki with non-regulars, the regulars will won VS Fudoumine, Higa, St.Rudolph... for sure. Shiten and Hyotei (I doubt a bit about Hyotei) would beat him, but even with this they are a good team
Fudomine is better than Yamabuki, but I dont think they might've won...Higa Chuu might, with their awesome Shukuchi method. Why even bother mentioning St Rudolph :D?

It's possible, of course, than none of the others will be as strong as Krauser (IMAO, I don´t think so, because then he would have played Singles 1),
Strongest dont have to play Single 1. It could be their strategy for a fast 3 win.

He also destroyed Kanto's Tachibana, a player that even Tezuka respected.
If Tachibana played to his fullest and wasnt injured, he would've won.

javimgol

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
If Tachibana played to his fullest and wasnt injured, he would've won.
That's why I referred that player as "Kanto's Tachibana". Tezuka wanted to play VS that Tachibana since District Tournament, so althoug he is only, for example, at 65%, he is really a very good player. If non-Devil Mode Kirihara beat him, Krauser for sure would do it.
Maybe he could have won the two matches Kirihara lost in Kanto, vs Kanto's Fuji and Ryoma, beacuse Krauser was owning Kirihara 5-0, 40-0.

And we have no proofs of how bad is Nagoya. S3 "lost" VS Yaggyu, a A Rank.We don´t know the true difference between them.Except TOP 8, the rest of players of PoT could have lost VS Yagyyu.
D2 the same, but VS the second best pair of Japan. And if you justify Krauser, the best of the team in Singles 2 because of a fast win, D2 is also the best pair. Maybe they are the 3rd best doubles of Japan
Krauser almost beat Kirihara (with one point more, Final would have been Seigaku VS Nagoya).
D1 was owned VS an excellent doubles pair and S1 VS Rank S, Sanada
So, me have no real idea of Nagoya's level. Of course, they aren´t in Seigaku-Rikkai level, but who knows, maybe they could fight VS other teams. Why? Because, although maybe the best player (we don´t know, like most of the information about Nagoya) is not as good as Devil Kirihara (Rank A, very good player), maybe the rest of team is Rank B or similar, being a great team without a Top star palyer.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Reviving a thread older than my activity on this site but I found it to be the appropiate place to post this.

Some weird headcanon I just heard in discord that I found fun:

Krauser has a back story that hasn't kicked off. His desire to not come back from his country was because he had unfinished business in Japan.

What if he was always compared to someone else, and he left his country to prove his worth outside? Just like Yuuta did with his brother, perhaps, Krauser has a brother/relative in the German team. More specifically, Q.P. They look similar, the name of the latter has been kept in the dark, and finally he is "Perfect" so being disturbed from comparisions doesn't sound crazy.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Would be interesting if true. I assume that's also why you put Krauser as the second most likely replacement for Oishi?

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Even if it's mostly that, he has a lot more going on for him:

-As you pointed out in the past, for some strange reason, he is the only player from the 3vs5 matches whose stats haven't changed. This never got even a clue of an explanation.
-He had screen time in an official match, performing well enough to be said to have huge potential (even his databook profile talks about his potential a bit).
-He is "special" enough to remain hidden.

Had he been Gin's replacement he would be my number one option I think.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm not sure if I'd consider him that special, but I guess there are a couple points in his favor. If it was him I definitely wouldn't complain (outside of methodical concerns, because... you know), he's more interesting than most other options.