Discussion - When do you think the series dropped in quality substantially? (I.E Which arc/chapter) | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion When do you think the series dropped in quality substantially? (I.E Which arc/chapter)

sobreno

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Honest question everyone, if you knew before that the manga would have turned into that state, at which stage you would have dropped it completely?

Bebo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
Honest question everyone, if you knew before that the manga would have turned into that state, at which stage you would have dropped it completely?
Beginning of the first DK fight (while Mel was absorbing the commandments)

Jdmp53

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I will...i dont think last 2 arcs define the author's writing skills in general...we had very good 200+chps...anyway I really like knights and magic lore...

praisethesunshine

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Probably after the Ten Commandments arc.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Actually I’m curious, how many of you guys and gals are planning to stick around for the sequel?
N e v e r

TylerHawke

Reaction score
Country
United States
Shortly after Dolor & Gloxinia died.

Zahvix

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Most likely after Escanor beat Dolor and Gloxina. That whole "Merlin is my sun" thing was bs and everyone knows it.

Though if I had to pick another moment for me to hop off the series, it would be after Estarossa was revealed as Mael. The series just tanked so hard when it happend.

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Tbh every arc so far has been a substantial drop in quality that it makes all the other arcs look good
Exactly. Looking back from today's quality, Mael one-shotting the original demon and having Merlin fodderize the masters looks good...

Also is anyone else pissed the masters got removed from the series in a single chapter? Such lazy writing lmao

MrSchmitty7

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Exactly. Looking back from today's quality, Mael one-shotting the original demon and having Merlin fodderize the masters looks good...

Also is anyone else pissed the masters got removed from the series in a single chapter? Such lazy writing lmao
Never liked the masters so I don’t really care about them. It’s stupid that Nakaba introduces them and then goes “oh but they never fought”

Killerbee12

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
After dinner was hype up

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
The series was alright until the end of the first arc. The arc of the 10 Commandments started good and promising (inclusion of the power levels aside), but, in my opinion, it decayed by the time the Commandments atacked Liones (during the day) after Meliodas's death and all the members who participated in the raid got clapped hard by Escanor/Merlin/Meliodas.
From that point onwards the manga was alternating between good, decent and awful moments, but it went straight to the trash by the time awakened King was able to soloing Mael with 4 Commandments by himself. Then the Original Demon and Jobber King came and everything went downhill up to the current arc.

Last edited: