Wilhelm Van Astrea vs Gray Fullbuster | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Wilhelm Van Astrea vs Gray Fullbuster

Who wins?

• Wilhelm Van Astrea

• Gray Fullbuster

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
True...I actually hated how he treated Juvia. :nah
I guess at least he's off to get revenge for her :XD
That's true, but Whilelm has already done that by killing the giant monster who had taken his Waifu away from him!
Without mentioning the fact that he revenged Theresia's death in a badass way!
Another good reason to vote for him! :verily

Kantos

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oho, do we have a husbando and a waifu sending love messages in a husbando war thread? Plot twist :teehee

@Emperor Spriggan m8 Gray is nothing compared to Wilhelm :3c
Shut your dirty trashy mouth. :nah

Windhelm is nothing compared to Gray.

Gray for husbando material. :hip

What a thing to say! :gwah
At least Wilhelm was honest with his feelings toward Theresia since the beginning, differently from Gray, who only realized recently how much he cares for Juvia...
He sure took his sweet time and look at the current situation in FT!
Um, Gray realized it since Tartaros arc, the time they spend time together, before this arc, definitely not recently.

If you're going to state something, atleast make sure you know what you're talking about instead of propelling Wilhelm up. :bnah

True...I actually hated how he treated Juvia. :nah
I guess at least he's off to get revenge for her :XD
He treated her the best he could, given his knowledge, and inexperience dealing with romance, compared to an old veteran fart.

Last edited:

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Shut your dirty trashy mouth. :nah

Windhelm is nothing compared to Gray.

Gray for husbando material. :hip

Um, Gray realized it since Tartaros arc, the time they spend time together, before this arc, definitely not recently.

If you're going to state something, atleast make sure you know what you're talking about instead of propelling Wilhelm up. :bnah

He treated her the best he could, given his knowledge, and inexperience dealing with romance, compared to an old veteran fart.
Let me rest in peace, Kantos. The FT spoilers are making me cry :emocat:emocat

Wilhelm is a much more loyal and loving husbando than Gray anyway :hmph

Kantos

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Let me rest in peace, Kantos. The FT spoilers are making me cry :emocat:emocat

Wilhelm is a much more loyal and loving husbando than Gray anyway :hmph
Loyal enough to commit suicide for the sake of the woman he loves, I don't think so.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Loyal enough to commit suicide for the sake of the woman he loves, I don't think so.
Hey, he was under Ice Lock. That was the only thing he could've done and were it someone else, they would've done it too. :pleased

Kantos

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey, he was under Ice Lock. That was the only thing he could've done and were it someone else, they would've done it too. :pleased
Gray gave up his long life, his ambitions for END by his father's mission, just to see Juvia live. Can't get any more loyal than that.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Too bad that I know what I'm talking about. :XD
After Tartaros arc Gray did say that, but had no courage to openly confess his feelings for her.
Wilhelm was sure of his feelings since the beginning and became strong in order to not let his wife lead the life of a swordsman, which she loathed from the depths of her heart. :hee
Besides, what's wrong with propelling my Husbando? You're doing the same aren't you? :derp

Kantos

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Too bad that I know what I'm talking about. :XD
After Tartaros arc Gray did say that, but had no courage to openly confess his feelings for her.
Wilhelm was sure of his feelings since the beginning and became strong in order to not let his wife lead the life of a swordsman, which she loathed from the depths of her heart. :hee
Besides, what's wrong with propelling my Husbando? You're doing the same aren't you? :derp
You don't, specifically when you mention recently.

It's not that he didn't have any courage, it's the fact that he isn't experienced in to know what he's about to do in the matter, you act as if he has that level of experience an old fart has.

If you're into old guys, all means go for it lol.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
You don't, specifically when you mention recently.

It's not that he didn't have any courage, it's the fact that he isn't experienced in to know what he's about to do in the matter, you act as if he has that level of experience an old fart has.

If you're into old guys, all means go for it lol.
:XD
Wilhelm confessed his feelings when he was young by the way.
So you could say he was inexperienced too.
Still, he confessed his feelings anyway, despite being embarassed.
You should watch some videos about him and his wife.
You will understand why he's a better Husbando candidate than Gray.
Don't get me wrong though, I love Gray too, but I favor Wilhelm even more. :verily

Kantos

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
:XD
Wilhelm confessed his feelings when he was young by the way.
So you could say he was inexperienced too.
Still, he confessed his feelings anyway, despite being embarassed.
You should watch some videos about him and his wife.
You will understand why he's a better Husbando candidate than Gray.
Don't get me wrong though, I love Gray too, but I favor Wilhelm even more. :verily
I can't speak for Wilhelm, but Gray was brought up and nurtured to a point that he was only about fighting. Fighting was pretty much his life, he didn't go around hanging with girls, or interracting with them. Training, fighting, becoming stronger, being someone who wanted to seek revenge for what someone did to his family, comrades, etc is what brought up most of his childhood. Even in later years, it was all about fighting and comradrie. So his inexperience is clear at this point in time, plus different mangakas portray characters feeling to one another in a different manner. It took Gray long, mainly because it's for building up and being used in shipping development.

Nevertheless, Gray has a lot more husband material than Wilhelm does imo, especially when he gets to know and feel comfortable with the girl more.

He's the type of guy where action does more of his feelings than the latter.

Plus right now, Gray has the husband material candidates, Good looker, has that fashion sense (when not stripping), charming, knows what's acceptable it is when it comes to speaking to a woman, etc, and also, because he's not old. :XD

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I can't speak for Wilhelm, but Gray was brought up and nurtured to a point that he was only about fighting. Fighting was pretty much his life, he didn't go around hanging with girls, or interracting with them. Training, fighting, becoming stronger, being someone who wanted to seek revenge for what someone did to his family, comrades, etc is what brought up most of his childhood. Even in later years, it was all about fighting and comradrie. So his inexperience is clear at this point in time, plus different mangakas portray characters feeling to one another in a different manner. It took Gray long, mainly because it's for building up and being used in shipping development.

Nevertheless, Gray has a lot more husband material than Wilhelm does imo, especially when he gets to know and feel comfortable with the girl more.

Plus right now, Gray has the husband material candidates, Good looker, has that fashion sense (when not stripping), charming, knows what's acceptable it is when it comes to speaking to a woman, etc, and also, because he's not old. :XD
I wanted to give DiMaria a picture of young Wilhelm, but unfortunately I couldn't find any that was decent. LOL
But honestly I didn't care, considering that in the chosen image he's still badass and quite charming. :verily
Anyway, Wilhelm and Gray are actually extremely similar.
The first part of their lives are exactly the same, in the sense that Wilhelm had to become a strong swordsman, no matter what, because he couldn't think of any other way to protect what was dear to him.
Besides, even Wilhelm had comrades ready to help him whenever he was in trouble, so add also that to what I said just above.
As for Wilhelm's wife, he did get to know her better, to the point that he fell for her soon after.
As for the charm, fashion sense and speaking in a refined manner to women, he has it all, which means that he doesn't lack anything in the education and attraction department. :derp

Last edited:

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
Of course , my vote will go to GRAY here......:):)....He has the abilities to be a good husband with capabilities to give pleasure to his partner...

Who the heck is that Ossan ? :confused::confused:..Just do not know him......:)

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Gray is just a teenager with magical powers, can't treat a woman right...That Wilhelm has it all though, the badassity and know how. One vote for the old man from me

Kantos

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
@Zasz Here you go, some sweet Wilhelm pics :) :

Tell me he doesn't look more badass, cooler and hotter (see what I did here ;)? ) than Gray :).
Still doesn't compare much to DeS Gray especially in terms of badassery and looks.

Dlanor_A.Knox

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
my vote goes to gray.. seems like that other guy can no longer give his waifu a baby.
He already has a son and daughter in law.
Heck he already has a grandson!
Whom is also competing in this "Husbando War" btw

Wilhelm didn't know how to handle love either when he was young and just like Gray, all he did was learning to fight.

So yeah, the moral is the same for Wilhelm and Gray.

But Wilhelm manned up and confessed his love for her BEFORE it was to late, he did everything to make his wife happy.
He didn't waver taking revenge on his wifes killer (It was sooooo bad ass!! Like, I never cheered this hard anymore after Gurenn Lagan :gar)
Seriously, Wilhelm already proved that he is the perfect husband...
Gray proved he could never become a husband unless he forgets Juvia:pjsalt

Wilhelm is also the type of guy that shows his affection through action.

But let's be serious, Wilhelm looked really hot when he was younger and still looks pretty good dispite his age.
Gray might look good now but he might be waaay worse when he's older :hurr

Wilhelm:
-Great fashion sense, he always looks good.
-Charming.
-Knows whats acceptable in any circumstance.
-Master Swordsman.

on the other hand we have Gray:

Status
Not open for further replies.