Shounen - World Trigger | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen World Trigger

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The first episode of WT's second season was really good. Go watch it if you haven't already, guys.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Is it just me or is Katori getting more fanart since the first 2nd season episode aired/she and Osamu got put together in a team?^^

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Been a while but ch.206 is almost upon us! Only two days, WT-bros and sisters! Seems to be a very mellow chapter though, lots of talking and guessing about the test teams by the A-rank observers.

Honestly, this "border fantasy league" chapter was more fun than expected. Reminded me of all the fan talks I had as a kid about various kinds of teams, sports, fantasy creatures like Pokemon, etc.

Well, the first rule already prevents Utagawa telling his future teammates to change into female trion bodies for the mission to deal with Sayoko's boy problem. Except he does it on day 1 during the week away mission but I dunno if Ashihara would go for such a move though it certainly is possible considering we got Agents like Katori increasing her bust size or Kako's trapper Kitagawa who looks more like a mascot than a human being.

Given the Captain Interviews were skipped I expect some and parts of them to be shown during this new arc which seems to be a much longer one than I expected. 2 phases, one a week and one like 1,5-2 days fighting in a row with 11 teams ala 4 Agents and 1 Operator. That could really go for dozens of chapters depending on how many teams and how often Ashihara gonna focus on them.

Also interesting that Border chose this opportunity to also test the evaluation and expectation abilities of their A rank Agents. This whole 45 minutes for evaluating 11 suddenly randomly chosen teams in two different tests tells me that Border is thinking of choosing an "in-field commander" who's rule will be to oversee and lead the largest Border Neighborhood Operation so far.
I am curious to see who they gonna pick and based on what exactly. I doubt only right placements will be taken as measure for that position.

Ooooh, Katagiri squad! And lol, in room 1008 nonetheless. XD
No wonder Midorikawa is proud of his Kusakabe squad, they all look and are competent and they are the sole squad where their Operator is also the Captain. I expect big things from Saki, not gonna lie, real curious to see how an Operator with 4 Agents is juggling both operating and making up plans/strategies on the fly.

Risa Maki - HOTHOTHOTHOT~ This girl will get a lot of juicy fanart for sure. <3
Also interesting note by Fuyushima, "putting their brains to work", so we are talking about stuff happening like in NASA tests where new Astronauts need to deal with problems rising in their ship/station.
That certainly will be interesting to watch. I already really liked that kinda stuff with Space Brothers and I expect to like it even more with WT.^^

Rofl, poor Tsuji! XDDD

How Utagawa will deal with Sayoko's boy problem and Urushima's independence issue will be interesting to see. We all can already guess how he wants to use everyone he chose in battle but it will be interesting to see what gonna happen in that one week they are sealed off.

Hahahaha! Hyuse just standing there, arms crossed, all "hmpf, deal with this pesky machine refusing to do my dinner right" while smoke comes out of the microwave. What a spoiled proud brat. XDDDDD

"Zoe is...really round". First words spoken by Mai Kitagawa and I already like her.

Kage and Inukai totally gonna blow up for sure inside that ship, no way around it. And big sis Nono gonna stop them with the power of her E-cup boobs! Or just in general beating their heads in until they stop fighting while Kakizaki has to mop up the remains.^^;
Lol, Taichi's description as a ticking timebomb, bet he gonna blow up the shíp on day 3 by pressing buttons he is not supposed to press.

Asumi's role as "supporter" is interesting. Gunner, Attacker, Sniper and Shooter seems to be the regular jobs, while there are some Trappers but so far she is the sole Agent described as "Supporter". Hope we get to see her in a fight.

Who wanna bet that Mizukami actually gonna get a lot of problem with having so many geniuses on his ship once it comes to dealing with the "brain problems"? Like a lot of cooks could mess up any decent menu if they all work at once on one pot.

Kodera squad boooooring~

Squad 10 is so stable and comfy I would expect watching them will be like a sitcom just without jokes.
Lol about Konami's answer about Hiyami's levelheadness considering her position as Opreator in Ninomiya's squad. xD

Dang, Saki hitting us with mobility stats and later trion stats, man, this really gives it a fantasy league feel.
Wait, is Osamu slower than Kitazoe? Dang, Megane-kun really needs to train more.
Interesting though that there are only 3 squads with such a mobility problem which I assume means we gonna have some focus on them in the battle test on how to deal with that. Also interesting as this means the other captains were not only able but also knew the speed/mobility of the agents they chose to work with.

Also Midorikawa's thinking and later the top brass mentioning the knowledge about Hyuse being a Neighbor shows that Border is totally fine having different evaluations based on different levels of knowledge. Seems unfair to me, but I am sure they know what they are doing.

Really liked how the A Agents reacted to the news of a total rookie team getting to 2nd place in their first Ranking Wars.
I also really hope the forest map will be the one they gonna battle on for up to 26 hours.

Man, Wakamura and Suwa Squad really ain't getting that many pluses of the A Agent judges. Lol at that "Kazama's mine" comment from Suwa, nice reference to the Information book about WT. <3
Man, 4 times 11th place and 4 times 10th place (I bet Suwa Squad was 4 times 11th placed as well) and only one time 5th placed by... "ri" A squad. Wonder why there was that high of a placement with that one A team in particular.

Hahaha, Karasawa getting shit on by his colleagues for preferring Suwa Squad because of Osamu being in there. XD

April 1 (don't be an April fools!) we hopefully will get two chapters about the first phase with each 19 pages. This 29 page chapter was nice, but I really want 38 in total if I can get them. I know I am greedy...

For a chapter with only talks and speculations this was really fun to read though that's probably due me being such a huge WT otaku. :P

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I really need an infographic to remember all these temp squads.

Kinda hyped for these tests, not sure why.

duenneud

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Riverrun
stage play for WT will be held in Nov-Dec 2021.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, no new WT chapters for us in a couple days. Let's make sure to include Ashihara's health into our prayers.

duenneud

Reaction score
Country
Riverrun
Yay, we'll get one chapter with 39 pages this month! I'm excited right now.

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
wait... world trigger season 2 came out?!?!

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
wait... world trigger season 2 came out?!?!
Yeah and it was awesome! Truly remarkable work for Toei.

As for chapter 207, also really good. Another "nothing happens" chapter but it was still a blast to read it because we finally got our Team 7 interaction and we got to see all other teams as well. It was a good read, I'm a happy WT camper. <3

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm really interested in how the dynamics will be when fighting. Also, I enjoyed reading the reasons to make the teams.

This will be good.

duenneud

Reaction score
Country
Riverrun

There will be one chapter this month (chapter 208)... let's see if it's a long chapter like the previous one... I'm thinking he's switching the number of chapter per month from two to one...

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Seems to only be 23 pages, but if Ashihara needs time to wind down after all the color page stuff in winter, then all the more nap power to him. Also we get more Katori nagging on Osamu but we all could expect that easily.^^

Thehoennhippo

Reaction score
Country
United States
The format for this arc is pretty interesting, honestly I think with how many characters are being followed at once I think the more Jump SQish page length last chapter worked really well, but if 20 pages a month is all Ashihara can do than I'll gladly accept it, though in that case we better buckle up cause I could see this arc lasting a while.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
2 Chapters this time, each 19 pages. Maybe a sign that Ashihara's neck pain has gone a bit better?

duenneud

Reaction score
Country
Riverrun
I hope the pace will be a bit faster and the special mission will end in one chapter....

Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I kinda liked that they asked them that. I would have waited a bit longer, but it's nice to see what they're trying to do.

Instead of letters they should go by metal ranks. So it becomes a MMO XD

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I hope the pace will be a bit faster and the special mission will end in one chapter....
Why? This is like Space Brothers but set in WT universe. I doubt this will remain at such special questions or that every team gets the same one, there will most likely be different challenges for the teams depending on their composition.
Plus Ashihara has never ended something one chapter, even the last B rank battle in which none of our main characters was in got a bit more than one.

I kinda liked that they asked them that. I would have waited a bit longer, but it's nice to see what they're trying to do.

Instead of letters they should go by metal ranks. So it becomes a MMO XD
I got a feeling that they asked this at the start because this gonna tie in with a question at the end of the week. Not sure how exactly that would work though.

All in all, a very talky chapter yet I still liked it because the many characters I care about were so engaged about it. Yuba and Osana going all "yoooo" on each other was fun and it was interesting to see how Zoe's easy-going attitude gave Hana the chance to talk broadly about her idea whereas Ai didn't had the chance due the strict leadership of Kodera. It's good to see how different styles play out and how the big brass value each differently. Can't wait to see the "battle game" on day 2, I bet Katori will be way more hype about that than the homework, lol. xD
Also poor Osamu causing the ship to shut down cause his trion is so incredible low. But good thinking to make photos and work "ahead" so that he can keep up tomorrow. Even if Suwa team is currently last place they will surely jump a couple ranks next day if Osamu focus his trion on the laptop. I wonder how many days it gonna take for Katori to warm up to Osamu and give him some respect or when the last drop hits Osamu's patience and he starts hitting back, with words obviously. Same wondering how Suwa intends this team to fight together, not only in those pc games but the 36 hour long one afterwards. I'm sure he got a plan already or an idea of a plan but like there is no way Osamu can survive 36 hours with his low trion level.

Raw's out. Gotta admit, Katori not throwing her phone around is more chara development than I expected for her. XD

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why only one chapter this week?

Also why is Kodera contacting Suwa squad, none of Suwa squad members are in his group?

Love how Kuga and Hyuse are in the same predicament and are can rely on their battle abilities, and Mikumo has an easy solution. I feel bad for the other characters though, some of my favorites didnt do so hot :(

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Why only one chapter this week?

Also why is Kodera contacting Suwa squad, none of Suwa squad members are in his group?

Love how Kuga and Hyuse are in the same predicament and are can rely on their battle abilities, and Mikumo has an easy solution. I feel bad for the other characters though, some of my favorites didnt do so hot :(
Because Ashihara has a painful neck.

Probably has something to do with the point system, at least that would be my best guess. Surprised such calls are allowed then again so are apparently taking photos from the test and doing it in your free time instead.

Remember how Konami predicted that Hyuse would be the real problem and Yuuma would be easy since he would talk about his problem? Turns out it is the other way around, lol. Hyuse suggestion is on point in my opinion, if talking freely about the solutions doesn't get them points deducted neither should sharing information otherwise. Curious to see how Wakamura decides tomorrow and how many more teams will do something similar once they realize that this is impossible to finish on their own.

Kakizaki's reaction to Taichi offering to help cooking was hilarious. As was Katori's panel where she grit her teeth or let out her silent scream. xD

Maybe next month we get 2 chapters again~
Let's pray for Ashihara's health.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Our prayers were heard, we got our two chapters! Praise be to Ashihara taking care of his health!

Given how slowly we move on, I believe he is determined to tell his whole story no matter how many decades it gonna take. For now we see that Kodera is worried about the low A-rank points performance of his team and I think he is right to worry about that, as it is the only number set that stands out besides the whole 10 battles per day stuff which we have yet to see points for.

Suwa had a big bro/vet captain talk with Osamu who I think benefits tremendously from being in 2nd rank now. Decisions and Leadership stuff is left to Suwa while Osamu can still do his support and smart thinking stuff. I believe he gonna learn a lot during this week. Also still no scars shown on Osamu instead we get Ikoma showering and being a Souma-like cook. Lol at his tears thanking Jin for being a bro with this tip of taking cooking up as a hobby. Same with Hyuse convincing his team he needs to sleep alone because that's what authentic Canadians do. XD

I'm so curious to see how the battles gonna unfold now. I imagine some sort of Xcom style or Fire Emblem or LoL kinda stuff. Suwa's team also got 4 really strong A ranks as back-up, can't wait to see who will use what character in which fight and why. Hope Katori's gamer skills gonna come into play here as well.

duenneud

Reaction score
Country
Riverrun
Still curious about the rules of visual battle... and I admire Suwa so much in these chapters. I wanna see Osamu shine...

next issue WT will get a cover..... that means we'll get one chapter? hopefully not...