Shounen - World Trigger | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen World Trigger

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, we got a cover but no chapter. There's hope (and prayers for Ashihara's health) for next month though. PLUS the anime which starts in a couple days. Yay.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The anime is out! 3rd season, baby! The dream is real! Let's pray for Ashihara's health and that there may be a 4th season in the comign years (or a whole redo of the first season, I'd like that too after seeing the OP with some redos of the first season, like Osamu laying in a puddle of blood or the spear guy winning against the Afto guy).

Thehoennhippo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just caught up on the manga after having fallen off it for a few months. Really loving this arc and really interested to see how the battles will go. Need to start season 3 of the anime.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm expecting Osamu to shine in this kind of challenge. He looks like a good moba player anyway XD

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally starting World Trigger season 2...I missed this anime so much.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany

New Volume cover looks great. First time we got 5 characters at once, also first time an Operator got featured and funnily enough both Oki and Ui got their cover before Kage did, lol. Oh and Arafune. Also makes it the 2nd time Suwa and Katori are featured on a cover, third for Osamu. Good stuff.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Random thought: Operators are MOBA players.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well well well, new Suwa squad got squashed, lol. Like damn, not a single won game in 5 games and then they get hit with the special assignment right during their break time. They just can't catch a break. xD
Think Suwa already got an idea how Mizukami was so good and coordinated right from the first game and seems like Osamu is also getting it after the assignment. After all many teams won't be able to fight and write an assignment in time, so they might also split their work and realize the efficiency in it. Not quite sure what the goal of Border here is but I think they want to show that fighting outside of Border in the Neighborhood will be different as there are no reinforcements, no fortress to bail out to and that if you lose your ship you basically lost the mission. Curious to see if Suwa squad will be able to turn their bad winning streak around and win some or even all of the coming 5 matches. Would be nice to get some extra match points at least for them in the first third of the battle matches.

iijyanaika

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
South Korea
great coming back to this series. hoping health stays up and we can get more consistent chapters

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
When 218 is due to come out? I miss this series so much.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, the anime was really pretty well done. And the to be continued part gives me hope that Toei plans a 4th season in a couple years once we get enough material. For which Ashihara has to stay healthy as much as possible, so always keep praying, guys.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Chapter 218 and 219 are out.

I'm amazed by how interesting this manga makes doing homework XD

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Chapter 218 and 219 are out.

I'm amazed by how interesting this manga makes doing homework XD
It's because we don't read this for the homework but for the character interaction as even the side side characters are likeable, believable and consistent characters you care about.

Wakamura is on a real bad start, Sasamori saved his butt with his volunteer but A rank judge wise Mueller is going down.

Osamu should get a lot of points from the A rank judges for his simple suggestions on communication and map usage and especially the simple numbering of unknown enemies. And ofc I expect him to rank high with his special assignment, I doubt he will be first place but like 3rd place or top 5 with 300-400 points in-between should be possible. That and now he should have been able to climb up with his universal assignment due the whole preparing of answering the questions first to just put in the answers in the morning.

Suwa squad got 2 wins and a draw with 7 loses on day 1, not really good but with the low points it is day 2 and 3 where the wins really start to count. Like a draw on day 3 is almost as much as a win on day 1. I hope they can really push up in the rankings on day 2, like from 11th place to 8th place or so.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I know, it doesn't mean much but 4 days ago on the 9th November WT had its 9th birthday! Congratulation!
It also means in another timeline WT might be up to 400 chapters now if Ashihara's health had not taken a horrible turn for the worse.

*prays for Ashihara's health*

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So, two chapters at once. Love when that happens.

I'm honestly surprised by Suwa. I was expecting him to be more reckless than he's being right now. I like this development on all characters, makes me feel we're setting all this up to showcase all of them later.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just one chapter but better one than none.^^

Osamu pimping out Torimaru for results with Katori was funny, same with his mentor's reaction being all cool with that. Here's to hope that the judges see it similar and give Osamu points for that move.

The strategies for their last day are super important, here are the real points, here every win and draw counts a lot more then in the previous two days. I really hope Osamu got an idea or two on how to improve their team's performance and how he can make himself more useful instead of being a bullet magnet. >.<
Again, no real idea how but I trust in Ashihara. After all he gave us Pimp Osamu this chapter to raise Katori's spirits all-high instead of the usual pep talk followed by begrudging respect you would expect from a shounen series.

duenneud

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Riverrun
Oricon chart: 29 Aug-04 Sept.

1. World Trigger 25 (3 days on sale): 164,995!

nice start!

wing_gundam

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ugh I started to catch up on this manga but I just can't anymore. I'm entirely sick of how pointless it's all become. It went from an action to a strategy story, which is fine but then endless analysis and homework and the pacing of the pre and post analysis has just killed it. And when they're actually "fighting" it's just endless ranking battles. I wish the author the best of health but I can hardly skim chapters anymore. I honestly don't think they will ever start the away mission.

I feel like I'm watching someone meticulously wash and clean a 1996 Toyota Tercel and maybe try to improve HP one HP at a time. Not an exciting nor an important/special car and underwhelming.

Best of luck to fellow readers who want to continue. I just can't.

Tymano

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Two new chapters today. And he number one thing I got from it is that Teruya is adorable.

But as well, there was a whole lot of strategic talking between Suwa squad, Kodera, and Utagawa in 227, all of which was pretty good.