Josei - Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii by Fujita | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Josei Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii by Fujita

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii
aka WotaKoi

Author: Fujita
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Demographic: Josei (possibly Shoujo)

Overview
Childhood friends Narumi and Hirotaka find out they work in the same company, go out for some drinks after work and start dating. Both are otaku's - Narumi is a fujoshi and Hirotaka is a gamer. They have 2 close friends, Kabakura and Koyanagi, who are dating and are otaku's as well. The story revolves around their relationships and lifestyles.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
This has been pretty funny so far. The first few chapters were hard to follow in some parts, but generally it flows (chaps are usually small). Both relationships are nice and hilarious as well, I would pick Kabakuri x Koyanagi if I had to. There's a few running gags, my favourite is Koyanagi and Narumi's shipping rivalry in BL manga. Well they ship the same, they just disagree with who is top/bottom xD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Don't post all at once!! :P

21.5 is out. It's the 4th date from chapter 14. And it was good, I thought they were going to kiss...

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
@Brandish heard a lot of great stuff about it I ditnt expect to find a thread, thxs so much for this, definitely on my list
(i just need a lot of precious time to read everything on my to-read growing list and a lot of money and some and better eyes too
)

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Ch26 was the first flashback iirc, Koya x Kaba are always good for a laugh. I never find Koyanagi to be ugly though, so I take character comments as truth on that matter.
27 came out the other day, a lovely Nao x Kou chappy : ) The highly anticipated meeting of Kou and Hirotaka was a little too short for me, though I'm just greedy.

I was expecting another flashback chapter, but it seems, like the 'Date' chaps, they'll be pop up here and there.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Caught up , and im really enjoying this. :zomg

Theres a ton of sweet moments and a lot of funny moments, its fun to read and really enjoyable, love also the references, a really underrated manga, sadly.

:teehee

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Has anyone got any news on the status of the manga's continuation?

I came across the volumes during my trip in Japan and it automatically reminded of the anime which I enjoyed big time. So, I bought two volumes and ended up reading all the chapters. It's such a glorious and funny read, with the necessary smooth touch of feels to make it somehow special. I like the whole bunch of the cast, but Hana-chan is the one and the only! :wub

Here some of my favorite panels:
Gotta love Kaba speaking out the truth and Hana's reaction. :lmao

Best gurl Hana-chan.

Loved the turn of events here and Hana looks so sexy there. <3

These two can be so adorable.

How I imagine myself talking with a BL-fan. :lmao

Simply hilarious...

Herotaka!

Best boi Kabakura!

Fate Grand Order cosplay, they are both perfect! <3

These fanrequests xD...

True gacha players...

Hana-chan top waifu! <3

Maximum cuteness level

And this is - without any doubt - my favorite one:
:crying

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Im really so glad you read wotaku too, syx-kun, didnt know :zomg
The flash back scene was the best for me too and it does look even better in manga than in the ova.

Of cours love almost all hanako x tarou scenes its one of my fave all time ship ♥

some of my faves moments aside the fb and hana x tarou.

those scenes :zomg

Nifuji is actually really adorable.

Regarding releases, bad news, seems Edited Manga has stopped. Current japanese releases is up to 7, the 8th volume is supposed to be released on December 2019. BUUUUUT English volumes are 2volumes in one (vol E3 = vol J5+6 ), so currently only volume 3 is out. Vol 4 (including Japanese 7 & 8) will be out on Jun 2020 !!!! so we wont have any online reading before minimal, summer 2020, unless some Edited Manga team decide to pick this little gem. :pout

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Hopefully, there is more to come. Chapter felt quite short after the series has been absent for a relatively long time. But I liked the chapter. The discussion about how to spend your money on a game or how to enjoy a game is still a debatable one among friends. By the way, I could find myself in Naru this time:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Oh i think they re translating the Japanese volume (7) that was released on december (in Japan), so i expect 6 chapters minus this one, hopefully they will do it on regular basis. Coz if they dont we will probably have to wait till summer. I will keep checking regularly, i admit im surprised, i had lost hope to see anyone picking this series, so was so happy when i came across this this morning ! :zomg

@syx @Brandish chap 47 ouuuuuut seems we re getting more regular releases :zomg Sorry for the tag, but just it made me too happy, didnt expect it to be released that close from last one !
As usual, an adorable, funny and heartwarming chapter :wtf (too short though) Kou is so cuuuute.

Faves panels

So do you prefer shonen or shojo ? :arf

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I couldn't read it until now, because MangaDex wasn't working for whatever reason. The chapter was way too short again, unfortunately. Content-wise it was okay I guess, nothing stood out in particular. Ko is a lovable character and I know her shyness is part of the comedy and her character, but I hope she gets more used to our mains soon.

My favorite page:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I actually prefer the shorter chapters when they need to be short, like this one was. There's no filler or excess when it's that way.

BUT, I agree with your overall sentiment, syx. To wait for 12 pages or so isn't really cutting mustard. If we got 3 x small chapters, then we could be happy. Consumers are hard to please :hmph

I agree with both of you about Kou.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Chap 48 is out ! im so glad its currently, being released on a regular basis, happy that some team picked that. chap so funny and "feel good", ft halloween, but too short again (please give us more :crying !). Not much to say except that was an enjoyable chap.

faves panels
Cute cover :

I love them really ! :arf (lovely cosplay btw)

priceless Momose face ! :teehee

so cuute (1)

so cuute(2)

looking forward next chap ! :zomg

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
This chapter felt inconsistent, like I didn't get the comedy. The cosplay/halloween designs were indeed fun, that's for sure.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
For some strange reason, I'm seeing major similarities between Narumi and Power from Chainsaw Man.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
For some strange reason, I'm seeing major similarities between Narumi and Power from Chainsaw Man.
I can understand from an aesthetic point of view, but they really are quite different. The Wotaku cast are much closer to 'normal people' in character, young adults who work and game together.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
This chapter felt inconsistent, like I didn't get the comedy. The cosplay/halloween designs were indeed fun, that's for sure.
I dont think the chapter was inconsistent, but i get maybe what you mean, the way it was structured might sound weird, at least i did read it twice when it was released, maybe it was too short, or maybe its due to the translation idk. Comedy was imo only revolving around Narumi being scared. i dont think theres anything more to it. Unless i missed something or misinterpreted something. she just had a nightmare after being scared by hana and tarou, and then get afraid by the wind /opened window when Hiro called her. Yeah it probably sounds simplistic and i get your potential frustration (maybe wrong wording ?) , but i dont think theres any other meaning, or if there is, i totally missed it.

Haha i honestly fail to find any similarity except the color of their hair. :errr personality-wise they re diametrically opposed imo.

Last edited:

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I can understand from an aesthetic point of view, but they really are quite different. The Wotaku cast are much closer to 'normal people' in character, young adults who work and game together.
It's not necessarily personality, it's like overall surroundings and the way they act.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Chap 49 out !
Cute and funny Hanako x Tarou moments. Hanako thoughts about communication with her partner is so fun, and actually interesting, she missed the spice part/her legendary fights with him , and somehow maybe is missing early stages of their relations, and maybe shes fearing of them becoming more mature/acting more adult ?

this lol ! not just a bf but a rival ! :teehee

fighting nostalgia, i love the dramatic tone :teehee

some cuteness needed, i really like when wegot flashback from their past, tarou is such a nice guy he always makes a move to make things up when he messes ! :zomg

Buuuut lol :XD

yare yare :arf

characters snacking preference :errr