Josei - Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii by Fujita | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Josei Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii by Fujita

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Wotakoi is usually very straightforward and often just a wholesome read during the day, thus there aren't much topics to discuss. Espcially since it has no (long-lasting) drama chapters/arcs. It doesn't even need such, because it's not within the series' genre. It works well the way it is.

However, the first panel of chapter 48 already made me chuckle. :lmao

I would be also worried if I haven't been fighting with the people close to me recently. I'm a strong believer of the 'if you don't fight, then there is something wrong with your relationship' sentiment. :lmao Fights are part of a healthy relationship in my opinion. (Not to mention... the best part after a fight is the 'make up for it' part. :hurr). Because of this view of mine, I absolutely loved this chapter from the very first panel on. It will be great to see them play detectives in the next chapters. :zomg

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'm a strong believer of the 'if you don't fight, then there is something wrong with your relationship' sentiment. :lmao Fights are part of a healthy relationship in my opinion. (Not to mention... the best part after a fight is the 'make up for it' part. :hurr). Because of this view of mine, I absolutely loved this chapter from the very first panel on. It will be great to see them play detectives in the next chapters. :zomg
Yea a challenge. Even if it's not fighting, there's gotta be some witty banter of some kind. Gets the blood flowing, if you know what I mean.

Not sure what Tarou is simpin' about. He's always up for it, it's unlike him to be this way... maybe she missed something big? Maybe he prepared a proposal and she diced him for a cosplay event or something. IIRC he planned to propose at one point earlier in the series?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Maybe I'm thinking of another manga/confusing a similar scene.

Was there a date Tarou arranged a hotel room with champagne on ice and Hanako fell asleep? For some reason I can picture a ring, or the implication that he'd propose...

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Was there a date Tarou arranged a hotel room with champagne on ice and Hanako fell asleep? For some reason I can picture a ring, or the implication that he'd propose...
That doesn't ring a bell either. =/

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
yare yare, i dont remember either, so i used my investigation skills, so he did indeed, its in volume 7 probably upcoming chaps :

+
edit HUGE SPOILER

Looking forward to see it :zomg
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Dont remmeber this, that must be from another manga, though, i guess ?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
lmao, well it's definitely another manga, but the instinct was on the money, somehow :lmao

It's gonna bug me if I don't remember which manga that scene is from...

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
lmao, well it's definitely another manga, but the instinct was on the money, somehow :lmao

It's gonna bug me if I don't remember which manga that scene is from...
Those hunches lol you read so much romances that at some point you can predict things. :teehee
Now im looking forward next chapters, seeeeeems wonderful :wtf this might make the series close to perfection. Didnt epect that at all lol

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Yea I can't figure it out.

Those hunches lol you read so much romances that at some point you can predict things. :teehee
It's not really that, but Tarou's character. I share similarities with him, and I think quite a few guys would too, and be able to understand that acting out of character like that means he's contemplating something that troubles him or is important. Being angry with Hanako, or disagreeing with her, is something he can do very directly without hesitation. It was a guess that it'd be a proposal, because it kind of fits (and I was having a memory problem too lol).

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Yea I can't figure it out.

It's not really that, but Tarou's character. I share similarities with him, and I think quite a few guys would too, and be able to understand that acting out of character like that means he's contemplating something that troubles him or is important. Being angry with Hanako, or disagreeing with her, is something he can do very directly without hesitation. It was a guess that it'd be a proposal, because it kind of fits (and I was having a memory problem too lol).
Oh was joking lol (i dont feel Wotaku fits necessary the most of usual romances tropes, being otaku & workers make already characters & setting unique somehow).
yeah agree, even though i didnt expect that scene to happen, at least now, im only half surprised, i dont think though its out of his character, i actually think its a totally tarou-like thing lol but just that he tends to do things in unpredictable ways. But if its a character you can relate to, at some point, yeah i guess its easy for you to understand /anticipate his way of thinking/actions and even to predict that kind of things. Now thinking about it, maybe bc i like looking for connections lol, i feel even last chapter's scene Hanako mentioned and the present he brought her, is somehow hinting lol. i really like both Hanako and Tarou, they re really a beautiful pair, and i like their personnality, i dont dislike any character in the series, but those 2 are really standing out and they are the most relatable and realistic, imo. Im really looking forward next chapters.
im still curious and want to know where the scene you mentioned is from, feel free to tell once you remember, onegai :zomg

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
i dont think though its out of his character, i actually think its a totally tarou-like thing lol but just that he tends to do things in unpredictable ways
Koyanagi was more or less saying he was acting different. And how he was acting when she turned up. That's what I'm referring to.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
oh yeah she did, my bad, i was refering to the proposal scene. yes got it totally.

Chap 50 out, extremely frustrating, coz short only 10 pgs, otherwise its cute, its Nao sending to Momo pics of his bro when he was a child, not much to say. the expected scene we were mentioning above should happen in upcoming chaps, it in volume 7 (japanese) so the one we re currently are.

fave panel, like momo's expressions in it, and shes really easily scared lol :

Tarou fave food ( im surprised i thought he would be less into sweet and more into salt/spiced food )

--- Double Post Merged, ---

chap 51 & 51.5 out !

Both great especially the 51.5.
51 - about Nifu, and being easy or not easy to read person, and to be able to read or not to read into situation, it was cute.
But 51.5 Hana lost her precious necklace Tarou offered her in highschool, shes devastated, he doesnt understand why. they end up arguing, shes really a great char !! and its i think, the build up of what should be coming Asap :wtf

Best panel :zomg

chap 51 selected panels :

chap 51.5 selected panels

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Ah damn, what a tearjerker chapter 51.5 was. :pout

It is one of these moments where circumstances put a dent into your relationship, even though no one is at fault, and no one makes a mistake. I really despise such situations. It was so sad to see Hana heartbroken like this. But I honestly felt more sad for Kabakura, because he is in no position to turn the tides in Hana's favor. Whatever he does, it won't satisfy the both of them unless he finds Hana's original necklace.
  • buy a new necklace: won't work in Hana's eyes, which is quite understandable because it won't have the same sentimental value
  • try to fool her by pretending to have found the real one: not only you lie to the person you love (with good intention though), it also bears a high risk as seen in this chapter
  • play the situation down like Kaba already did this chapter: Hana will question how much everything truly meant to you

It's almost impossible to come out of this unscathed. :crying

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
1st i dont get why the chap is 151.5 and not 152. 151.5 sounds like an extra chap, but to me it looks as a normal chap, and long enough, with story related content.

Ah damn, what a tearjerker chapter 51.5 was. :pout

It is one of these moments where circumstances put a dent into your relationship, even though no one is at fault, and no one makes a mistake. I really despise such situations. It was so sad to see Hana heartbroken like this. But I honestly felt more sad for Kabakura, because he is in no position to turn the tides in Hana's favor. Whatever he does, it won't satisfy the both of them unless he finds Hana's original necklace.
  • buy a new necklace: won't work in Hana's eyes, which is quite understandable because it won't have the same sentimental value
  • try to fool her by pretending to have found the real one: not only you lie to the person you love (with good intention though), it also bears a high risk as seen in this chapter
  • play the situation down like Kaba already did this chapter: Hana will question how much everything truly meant to you
That scene was so realistic, cant tell why, but i guess it has to do with fe/male psychology, in the scene, as you said noone was as fault, just both of them value things diferently. Both doesnt care about the material thing, but for hana the necklace is precious due to the circunstances and their story, she doesnt care getting a new necklace, she wants only this one, she views it from an emotional/sentimental perspective. for Tarou, its just a material thing replaceable he sees this from a practical perspective., just a different way of thinking, it cant be helped.
And yeah felt bad for both, but seeing Hana in tears was heartbreaking, but tarous scene when she left made me really feel bad for him, yes he will have to make this up. and he definitely will :wtf

It's almost impossible to come out of this unscathed. :crying
Well its just a necklace, if they cant come out of this unscathered, they wont be ever able to sort any issue, out :arf you make it sound as if something tragic that will break their life forever, happened. :teehee #jokingaroundasusual

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
for Tarou, its just a material thing replaceable he sees this from a practical perspective., just a different way of thinking, it cant be helped.
Not sure if I agree with this. I don't think it's just a cheap replaceable thing for Kaba either. Maybe it is, but I'm missing some sort of inner monologue from Kaba confirming this. So far, it just looks like he is playing things down intentionally to comfort Hana, but it just didn't work out. I would rather say he has a different way of dealing with such situations as in 'welp shit happens, but we/I have to move on' rather than having a different way of thinking about the (sentimental) value of the necklace itself. It's a small but big difference. I doubt Kaba is that kind of person who would give his own necklace (which is the matching pair with Hana's) or something else which he received from Hana with no tangible value to someone else just because or wouldn't be emotionally affected if lost. Pretty sure he treasures them as well, but if it's gone... it's gone.

Well its just a necklace, if they cant come out of this unscathered, they wont be ever able to sort any issue, out :arf you make it sound as if something tragic that will break their life forever, happened. :teehee #jokingaroundasusual
But fact is, they didn't come off unscathed, that's the whole point of this chapter. =) My comment was actually wrong and didn't make any sense. The moment Hana got mad and left Kaba's place because he proposed to buy another necklace, was the moment their relationship was affected in a negative way. Sure, it's far from being a relationship killer, but if we are talking about unscathed, then there should have been no drama, no crying Hana, and no Kaba left alone on the streets. =/

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Not sure if I agree with this. I don't think it's just a cheap replaceable thing for Kaba either. Maybe it is, but I'm missing some sort of inner monologue from Kaba confirming this.
well he said it plainly, but realized his mistake.

I doubt Kaba is that kind of person who would give his own necklace (which is the matching pair with Hana's) or something else which he received from Hana with no tangible value to someone else just because or wouldn't be emotionally affected if lost. Pretty sure he treasures them as well, but if it's gone... it's gone.
Oh agree i didnt mean he was not at all affected, of course hes is, but deep inside, he probably doesnt understand the degree of attachment Hana has for it, he proposed to replace by a new pairs, if he was understanding/reading the mood he wouldnt have, he missed something, to him its replaceable for sure, but that doesnt mean he has no emotions at all.

no he doesnt understand her, he tries to, hes doing his best, but he still feels lost.

But fact is, they didn't come off unscathed, that's the whole point of this chapter. =) My comment was actually wrong and didn't make any sense. The moment Hana got mad and left Kaba's place because he proposed to buy another necklace, was the moment their relationship was affected in a negative way. Sure, it's far from being a relationship killer, but if we are talking about unscathed, then there should have been no drama, no crying Hana, and no Kaba left alone on the streets. =/
My bad syx, i was joking, or more exactly partly joking ofc they hurt mutually, but thats not going to affect their love, thats some arguments that happens pretty often in a couple, yeah it hurts on the moment, but they will recover from that, i would even tell that this argument would even be a springboard for upgrading their relationship. Tarou will eventually understand and come up with a solution. its just an "April showers bring May flowers" moment like in every relations.

just quoting you :teehee , so do you really believe they cant come out of this unscathed. :arf (#jokingagainbutstillcanthelp)
I would be also worried if I haven't been fighting with the people close to me recently. I'm a strong believer of the 'if you don't fight, then there is something wrong with your relationship' sentiment. :lmao Fights are part of a healthy relationship in my opinion. (Not to mention... the best part after a fight is the 'make up for it' part. :hurr).
joke aside, i agree with what you said its just that maybe to me the word "unscathed " i would personally apply it for really a serious or tragic event or some trauma, rather than this kind of argument, otherwise, yep totally agree, the scene was heartbreaking, they both were hurt.

Chap 52 out btw, very short, it ft Nao & Kou playing video games with friends, nice but nothing really special compared to 51.5.

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Chap 53 /53.5 out :wtf

-53 ft Naru and hirotaka, that was so sweet, hiro is really a nice guy, and Naru was so cute :zomg

Selected panels

- 53.5 ft Tarou and Hana ♥ it started with tarou calling Naru & Hiro coz he cant find Hana, Naru was awrsome she lectured properly this man who needed it :arf Naru is starting to grow more and more on me, was slightly indifferent to her at the beginning, but she shows more and more depth, shes a caring and really nice person. Sure Hanako's personality is brighter, but Momose deserves maybe a little more love.
thaank you Naru, you re awesome :zomg !

more panels, the whole chap deserves to be quoted, honestly.

Thiiiiiis , YEEEEEEEEEES ! nice tarou !!!!!!!!!! oh love that scene !! :wtf

Annnnnnnnnnd it happened ! ♥
sorry havent resized the pics but no need ! :arf such a satisfying resolution !

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Great that it's up to 61.5 now, thanks to the translation group who I should try to remember...

I think we need some Nifuji x Momose stuff. Some fluffy romance. I feel it's coming.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Yep possibly one of the best cover ive seen lately, so bright, so cool & so meaningful, things are moving the best way at a nice pace, and realistically. looking forward to it. shes so damn gorgeous :wtf maybe i should start rooting for greenhaired chars :arf . this must win best cover for anime manga awards :hmph

I think we need some Nifuji x Momose stuff. Some fluffy romance. I feel it's coming.
I dont know if you caught up, i havent posted them not to spoil but this scene Nifu x Momo is so adorable (an funny too), they re really growing on me lately :zomg im liking Momose more and more, i like how attentive she is, and Nifu is such a troll lol. and yep their romance is taking a cuter turn.

..".In his list of priorities, video games are on par with breathing" :lmao