Discussion - would your rather see allen together with lennali or road? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion would your rather see allen together with lennali or road?

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
this probably a lame question, but i since a hint of romance between lenalee and allen like in the chapter when she first sees allen after tyki attacked him by sumans corpse and they both shed a tear (in the anime at least)

but road seems to throw herself at allen and in the recent manga chapters allen isnt exactly throwing her off of him

Last edited:

ying_su

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Road :)

Lenalee is more like a sister. And surely, Nea and Road had "something" :)

Aracely

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Just two choices? I like both Lenalee and Road as characters, but in terms of possible future romance, I'd say that Lenalee is the only choice out of the two. Road is a villain who's stabbed Allen in the eye and tried to kill Allen's friends, and thinks nothing of human lives, plus she's trying to kill humankind. Even though she has a thing for Allen and doesn't want him dead, there's no way he would want to be in a couple with her unless she becomes a whole new person somehow.

It's hard to say whether DGM will become a series with a proper romance for Allen. It could easily end without one. But if any characters do get together, I'm sure Hoshino won't allow it to overshadow the plot.

but road seems to throw herself at allen and in the recent manga chapters allen isnt exactly throwing her off of him
You must mean chapter 203. In that point of the chapter, Allen is shocked and traumatised over the situation with the Apocyryphos and what just happened before Tyki and Road arrived. Tyki comments on that and thinks "The boy didn't even call out to me...! He's really shaken up." Pretty much anybody could have hugged him then. Allen had a lot more to be worried about than being hugged by someone who arrived to save him and was even trying to comfort him.

Lenalee is more like a sister.
I'm not sure about that. Lenalee's feelings are less clear, but Gray Ark's relationships chart lists Allen's feelings towards Lenalee as being "she's so cute...", and in the extra comic in the Character Book he does an awfully large amount of blushing in reaction to her. That doesn't seem a very brotherly action...Unless it's more an incestuous sibling type of relationship. (Speaking of which it's not unheard of for people to ship Komui/Lenalee.)

Last edited:

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just two choices? I like both Lenalee and Road as characters, but in terms of possible future romance, I'd say that Lenalee is the only choice out of the two. Road is a villain who's stabbed Allen in the eye and tried to kill Allen's friends, and thinks nothing of human lives, plus she's trying to kill humankind. Even though she has a thing for Allen and doesn't want him dead, there's no way he would want to be in a couple with her unless she becomes a whole new person somehow.

It's hard to say whether DGM will become a series with a proper romance for Allen. It could easily end without one. But if any characters do get together, I'm sure Hoshino won't allow it to overshadow the plot.

You must mean chapter 203. In that point of the chapter, Allen is shocked and traumatised over the situation with the Apocyryphos and what just happened before Tyki and Road arrived. Tyki comments on that and thinks "The boy didn't even call out to me...! He's really shaken up." Pretty much anybody could have hugged him then. Allen had a lot more to be worried about than being hugged by someone who arrived to save him and was even trying to comfort him.

I'm not sure about that. Lenalee's feelings are less clear, but Gray Ark's relationships chart lists Allen's feelings towards Lenalee as being "she's so cute...", and in the extra comic in the Character Book he does an awfully large amount of blushing in reaction to her. That doesn't seem a very brotherly action...Unless it's more an incestuous sibling type of relationship. (Speaking of which it's not unheard of for people to ship Komui/Lenalee.)
well more or less i was referring to when alma was being resurrected and road and allen were viewing kanda yu's memory and road was hanging all over allen and he actually seemed quite comfortable

i definitely see some romance between lenalee and allen

but in all fairness i watched the anime up to the end and then began reading the manga at 159 so i didnt read the manga for the larger portion of the story

i imagine the anime writers could have made the romance between allen and lenalee more of an issue than it truly was in the manga

Aracely

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
well more or less i was referring to when alma was being resurrected and road and allen were viewing kanda yu's memory and road was hanging all over allen and he actually seemed quite comfortable
Ah, right, so you probably mean chapter 193. That makes more sense than chapter 203.

The reason Road was hugging Allen at that time was to drag him back from getting lost in Kanda's memories, and he was naturally pretty out of it at the time. After that, Allen was busy watching the memories, and freaked out from seeing what was going on. But yeah, after that he didn't get Road to let go of him at the first opportunity. Probably helps that she's no longer attacking him at this point in the plot.

but in all fairness i watched the anime up to the end and then began reading the manga at 159 so i didnt read the manga for the larger portion of the story

i imagine the anime writers could have made the romance between allen and lenalee more of an issue than it truly was in the manga
They didn't. Actually, I'd say the manga contains more Allen/Lenalee content than the anime does, because the scene from volume 3 of the manga where Lenalee smiles at Allen and says "Welcome home, Allen" and then Allen looks at Lenalee, blushes and thinks "She's so cute..." never happened in the anime, if I remember right. It's probably because they shoehorned in an anime filler story and cut out some of the original story to make it happen.

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
To me, Lenalee. I believe that a lot of best friends can become couples, and they are so cute together... Hoshino has confirmed Allen's love for Lenalee, but he only kissed road xD Well, for real, I think that he'll end alone in this aspect. :/

capricorn

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Neither, I really don't think this series cators much for romance and i'm kinda okay with that. Hoshino introducing the romance aspect now would feel too contrived and forced. And lastly as it relates to Road I really don't think her love is directed to Allen persay but more specifically to what lies within which is Nea. I really like seeing Allen and Lenalee togethor but not as a couple. I think they have a different type of chemistry togethor that is mostly seen when they team up in battle, because quite frankly they make the most badass tagteam i've personally seen to this very day. Even if there are lingerring feelings of love between the two I really don't think these feelings will be fulfilled.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah, right, so you probably mean chapter 193. That makes more sense than chapter 203.

The reason Road was hugging Allen at that time was to drag him back from getting lost in Kanda's memories, and he was naturally pretty out of it at the time. After that, Allen was busy watching the memories, and freaked out from seeing what was going on. But yeah, after that he didn't get Road to let go of him at the first opportunity. Probably helps that she's no longer attacking him at this point in the plot.

They didn't. Actually, I'd say the manga contains more Allen/Lenalee content than the anime does, because the scene from volume 3 of the manga where Lenalee smiles at Allen and says "Welcome home, Allen" and then Allen looks at Lenalee, blushes and thinks "She's so cute..." never happened in the anime, if I remember right. It's probably because they shoehorned in an anime filler story and cut out some of the original story to make it happen.
THANK YOU!!! i will have to go back and read that now, i figured something like this happened along the way

what about the episode of the anime where lenalee went shopping to get a present for her brother and allen was staring at her and lavi comes over and says something about allen staring at her??? i always assumed that was a filler episode due to the lack of meaningful content, but could it be that something like that was also in the manga?

Dlanor_A.Knox

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Road!! Definitely Road!
I think Allen has more of a big sister admiration towards Lenalee.
And to be honest, Lenalee suits Lavi more + The anime had quite alot of Lavi x Lenalee moments.

ying_su

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Ahh :D
I like this thread because in this subject is where fans always collide!!
xDDDDD
Arg, so sorry i cannot stop here as much as i want, but there you go, an open question:
If Nea had a "something" with Road, how much weird could be an AllenxRoad?
:D

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ahh :D
I like this thread because in this subject is where fans always collide!!
xDDDDD
Arg, so sorry i cannot stop here as much as i want, but there you go, an open question:
i must say when road kissed allen there was a healthy saliva trail between their lips, and lenalee did seem AWFULLY jealous

personally i would be happy either way, as road is a very lovable villian, sure she can be very dirty and vicious

but she has a very likable personality

Aracely

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
what about the episode of the anime where lenalee went shopping to get a present for her brother and allen was staring at her and lavi comes over and says something about allen staring at her??? i always assumed that was a filler episode due to the lack of meaningful content, but could it be that something like that was also in the manga?
No, your first guess was right, that was a complete filler episode. I don't remember that scene, but it probably is there.

I guess it would be hard proof that even though Noahs as a group and individually consider each other siblings, they could still be in a romance. Which if you think about it we already knew, since the original Noahs repopulated the Earth together. And Road definitely seems to want a romance with Allen while knowing that he's got a Noah memory....And maybe Sherril wants one with Road, in a way. Man got very jealous about the suggestion Road has a history with Nea.

Other than that, unless the theories about Allen being a de-aged and amnesiac Nea are true, which they might be, Nea's not the same person as Allen even if they are are in the same body, and so the viability or not of Nea/Road doesn't affect that of Road/Allen. Although...no, it probably does, because if Nea/Road turns out to be canon, it's increases the chances that Road's feelings for Allen are actually her feelings for Nea.

i must say when road kissed allen there was a healthy saliva trail between their lips, and lenalee did seem AWFULLY jealous
That must be a difference between the anime and manga. In the manga there isn't any saliva trail - not that a saliva trail means anything in particular - and Lenalee didn't act jealous. (Actually, her reaction at the time in the manga isn't shown.)

But! In Gray Ark, there's a section on mission reports. Lenalee writes the part of the report taking place in that room, and she does comment on the kiss.

Allen entered the tower, and is greeted by Road’s kiss! What went on between the two of them since the incident in Rewinding Town?
Is that jealous or not? I tend to think it is, but it could be interpreted either way. It's quite a change in behaviour from the last time Road met Allen, so a person would wonder if anything happened between those times, though we as readers know nothing did.

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I vastly prefer Allen with Road over Allen with Lenalee. I think both pairings have great dynamics and solid ground, but it's my personal preference. Besides, Road has a kiss with Allen holding over Lenalee's head. :p Say what you want. Hahaha.

Love the forbidden air Allen and Road have always had between them. And let's face it. The two had one hell of a first meeting.

Coah

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
@ Niko
Uh...When did hoshino confirm this? News to me o.o If you are referring to his comment about her being cute it's more of a compliment then a confession..

Dlanor_A.Knox

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I think he means in one of those "Ask the characters" thingy xD?
If I remember it right, there was a question if Lavi liked a girl/Lenalee and Lavi said something like yes.
Allen was quite flustered/troubled by that... But! That could also mean that he was worried for Lavi, since Komui is overprotective xD

Coah

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
That's not confirming anything... Until she comes right out and says it then she didn't. Hints yes, but the truth? no. =S

Reactions: xi0

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I think its interesting that both Road and Lenalee are so similar to each other, and yet have had such little interaction with one another. Personally I feel Hoshino-sensei is using Allen's relationship with Lenalee and Road to show his struggle against his inner Noah, as well as play up the "forbidden love" angle.

Nothing is black and white in D.Gray-man. It makes sense that romance wouldn't be so black and white either. There are always hints, but nothing really gets confirmed until the very end. But that's what I like about D.Gray-man, it doesn't have any blatant unrequited love tropes like other series do. Even Roufa's admiration/crush on Allen is played for comedy.

For the topic itself, I would rather see Allen with Lenalee, because I like their dynamics. They are good friends. I like Allen and Road too, and I understand they have Batman/Catwoman written all over them, but to me it would only work if Road flat-out betrays the Noah family. I don't think Allen would settle for anything else, quite frankly.

Alert

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I personally think none, because Lenalee is more of a friend or close friend to be exact, and Road seem like an older sister.
  1. Road is indeed a lot older than Allen.
  2. There was a part where Road wishes the 14th to come back, but it doesn't mean Allen.
  1. Lenalee does blush a few time, but its not love.
  2. She cares about him, because he has similar pain and they're pretty much close.

yukilove21

Reaction score
Country
United States
Aaa, this subject. Well, I'm on the side of "I can't see any serious romance happening in this series."

I like both pairings a lot but I just can't see Allen getting with anyone canon wise.

In another universe, yes. I can easily see Allen/Lenalee or Allen/Road happening, but not in this one.,
I think if Allen gets into a relationship at this point, which I doubt seeing the recent chapters, it will feel forced.

Also, I don't think Road feels anything 'that way' when it comes to Neah. The Noah are family. They could've been close, of course. In the chara book, Road says that she thinks of Neah as a traitor. So her feelings for Allen could be for Allen.

THM Nindo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, my favorite character of the manga is Road, so of course I would like to see Allen and Road ending up together.

But, in all honesty, I don't think this is going to happen.
I think that either there's not gonna be any romance in the manga, or he's going to end up with Lenalee (or worst, Allen's going to die at the end!).

The most I can hope is for more hugs from Road, and maybe a few kisses as well! :hee