Support - XenForo 2 Upgrade Thread | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Support XenForo 2 Upgrade Thread

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Say Pat, what is the max limit of tags in a single post, or people you can have in a PM convo? Tho afaik mods have a bigger limit than normal users, but not sure how much.

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Say Pat, what is the max limit of tags in a single post, or people you can have in a PM convo? Tho afaik mods have a bigger limit than normal users, but not sure how much.
For regular users, only the first five people receive alerts if tagged, the rest are ignored, also they can have five recipients in a PM convo. Mods (greens/blues/reds) don't have such limitation and can tag or PM as many users as they want.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
For regular users, only the first five people receive alerts if tagged, the rest are ignored, also they can have five recipients in a PM convo. Mods (greens/blues/reds) don't have such limitation and can tag or PM as many users as they want.
For a little context, would this restriction also be lifted for hosts/pseudo mods of the Mafia Section or is it tied to the usergroup? If the latter, could it be changed?

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
For a little context, would this restriction also be lifted for hosts/pseudo mods of the Mafia Section or is it tied to the usergroup? If the latter, could it be changed?
It's tied to the usergroups but it's possible to remove restrictions on a per user basis or by creating a new usergroup with appropriate permissions and adding MG mods to that usergroup. I don't get to decide which privileges MG mods will have though, xi0 can make relevant changes if necessary.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, so the remove link button has disappeared from the current menu?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Hey guys, so the remove link button has disappeared from the current menu?
when editing a post with a link inside, click on the link and a new menu bar will pop up. One of the buttons is Remove Link.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Or you can toggle BB code and delete it manually but the one Kiki said is the easier way.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The site doesn't seem to be able to store my preferences when it comes to the width slider. Sometimes, and the timing is a little random, the width will reset to default.
I think I have found a solution for that but it will wait for our XF 2.1 update since it makes a few changes in this regard.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Ok, the setting should stick unless you log out. :)

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hello Pat. I noticed strange things in using tags on phone/ipad. When you start a tag it gives you filled out suggestions, then when there‘s the suggestion and I press the enter button it deletes the full line, meaning the tag and everything before it.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey pat - the issue with the mobile img link via the menu click paste, disappears when you click insert. I brought it up before and seems to be there still.

Browser used was mobile fire fox, not sure if this occurs on other mobile browser(s).
Theme is Cosmos.

Again not a big issue, for example for gifs, when you paste them in the comment box (where we type normaly to post)- it auto adds the code. So its kind of makes it a non issue on the mobile. On the PC the button works fine ofc.

Just wanted to alert you to the issue again.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Hello Pat. I noticed strange things in using tags on phone/ipad. When you start a tag it gives you filled out suggestions, then when there‘s the suggestion and I press the enter button it deletes the full line, meaning the tag and everything before it.
I couldn't replicate the problem on my browser test, did the problem start recently? @Charlie Do you have the same problem?

Hey pat - the issue with the mobile img link via the menu click paste, disappears when you click insert. I brought it up before and seems to be there still.

Browser used was mobile fire fox, not sure if this occurs on other mobile browser(s).
Theme is Cosmos.

Again not a big issue, for example for gifs, when you paste them in the comment box (where we type normaly to post)- it auto adds the code. So its kind of makes it a non issue on the mobile. On the PC the button works fine ofc.

Just wanted to alert you to the issue again.
I think we updated XF since you last reported the problem and AFAIK they updated the editor in the new releases too, so if the problem still occurs, chances are they also think it's a minor issue and keep it low on their priorities list, assuming it's not a problem tied to a single browser/platform. Still it may be fixed in the following releases. :nod

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I couldn't replicate the problem on my browser test, did the problem start recently? @Charlie Do you have the same problem?
Don‘t think it‘s on browser too, is just a phone thing. Very annoying when tagging and pressing enter, it deletes the whole line. Used to work iirc. Now you gotta press with your finger onto the suggestion or press space to make the suggestion disappear. I‘d say this is very inconvenient, especially because it‘s a habit of mine so I‘m sure it used to work before.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Don‘t think it‘s on browser too, is just a phone thing. Very annoying when tagging and pressing enter, it deletes the whole line. Used to work iirc. Now you gotta press with your finger onto the suggestion or press space to make the suggestion disappear. I‘d say this is very inconvenient, especially because it‘s a habit of mine so I‘m sure it used to work before.
Chrome has an iPhone emulator in developer tools, that was what I tested, it doesn't delete the line. I installed an add-on recently which extends editor functionality, I suspect it might have caused an issue on your side, we can report it to the add-on author if it's a general issue, i.e. others have a similar problem too.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Hey Support Team! I'm sorry if this is perhaps the wrong thread to ask but did the Upgrade change the maximum file size allowed for Avatars and Signatures? I'm currently working on a Gif-Set but before i start with compressing file sizes and taking off some frames i thought i'd ask you guys first about it.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Avatar and signature file size limits were enforced by the forum software in the previous version but not anymore, still users are expected to obey the limits stated in the Signature & Avatar Guidelines thread, no changes in that regard.