Support - XenForo 2 Upgrade Thread | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Support XenForo 2 Upgrade Thread

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Alright, I'll just edit this post with any issues I run into.

- A minor alignment issue that might not be an issue but there you go.

- The CSS for Avatar placement on Media comment pages is a little wonky. (Update: They're wonky in any Comment Page)

- Spacing for Medals sometimes overlaps with larger flags.

- The small icon indicating whether you have posted in a thread cuts off just short of its right dimensions.

- The Width Change option doesn't also change the length of the banner.

- Global Mod blue is still nearly unreadable on darker themes.

- Little weird header class thing I found under Account Details.

- Emoji Tab Menus aren't very visible on dark themes.
Had a look at those, fixed avatars on media pages and medal spacing, the staff doesn't really want to change user colors, the rest is more trouble than it's worth due to how the theme system is designed. If by "length of the banner", you mean stretching it along the screen, I guess it'd severely distort the banner. :wonder

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Had a look at those, fixed avatars on media pages and medal spacing, the staff doesn't really want to change user colors, the rest is more trouble than it's worth due to how the theme system is designed. If by "length of the banner", you mean stretching it along the screen, I guess it'd severely distort the banner. :wonder
Then I could only suggest moving the banner to be centered while using wide mode then :)

That's also a pity about some of the colours. There should be easy ways to change user colours on certain themes only using add ons or CSS. Some of the heavier ones truly are eye cancer.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
The thing is they bind one color to many elements and when you change the color of one element, it has the unintended consequence of changing many other colors on the theme. Gary pointed out the editor smilie tab problem occurs on all three dark themes, so I added a CSS rule for that to the extra.less template. Creating different extra.less template for every style isn't something I desire though because whenever I make a small change in styles by this method, instead of changing two base themes, Flat Light and Dark, I'd be forced to change all seven themes and possibly more in the future, so it'd be difficult to maintain from a tech perspective.

I'll see what I can do about centering the banner. :nod
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Then I could only suggest moving the banner to be centered while using wide mode then :)
Centered the banner. :)

That's also a pity about some of the colours. There should be easy ways to change user colours on certain themes only using add ons or CSS. Some of the heavier ones truly are eye cancer.
Changing username colors is easy but the staff is concerned that they won't be consistent across themes I think. I was talking in general in my above post, just in case. :nod

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I understand the dilemma. I really do :sweat

It's just a pity. To fix it then you'd just need to change the colour of the GM usergroup.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I have some problems with turning off italics on phone sometimes. The button for on/off doesn’t do anything at that point and just keeps it stuck. But it only happens sometimes, so not sure how to recreate the problem yet.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I have some problems with turning off italics on phone sometimes. The button for on/off doesn’t do anything at that point and just keeps it stuck. But it only happens sometimes, so not sure how to recreate the problem yet.
These kinds of problems can only be solved when the new release of the Froala editor is released which fixes the bug and XF upgrades to that version. As a temporary solution, you can toggle BB code, write a word and return back to the rich text editor which lets you continue with normal text.

Pelikan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Ghana
Currently, it's 20 posts per page. How do I increase that figure to like 50 posts per page. I have searched everywhere, can't find it. Help out

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Currently, it's 20 posts per page. How do I increase that figure to like 50 posts per page. I have searched everywhere, can't find it. Help out
That's currently not possible. The short reason is there is no XF 2 version of the add-on, the long and more important reason is when people change those settings, some forum links may be broken, for example the link to your post is

https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/xenforo-2-upgrade-thread.3012466/page-5#post-4980206

which wouldn't be page 5 for people who have 50 posts per page, it also creates problems when sharing a page on social media, so we didn't implement it.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, noticed this issue yesterday on the mobile.
I was trying to add a link to a text and when the prompt shows up, on the attempt to paste the url link in the prompt section (first box) the prompt box disappeared. Currently using the Ultra V. Not sure if its a theme related issue. Tried multiplie times and same thing happened.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Hey guys, noticed this issue yesterday on the mobile.
I was trying to add a link to a text and when the prompt shows up, on the attempt to paste the url link in the prompt section (first box) the prompt box disappeared. Currently using the Ultra V. Not sure if its a theme related issue. Tried multiplie times and same thing happened.
I don't think it's theme related since all themes have the same base. For issues related to the rich text editor, you can check if the same issue appears on the original version and if it does, you can report the issue on Froala GitHub repo and it may be fixed on subsequent releases.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think it's theme related since all themes have the same base. For issues related to the rich text editor, you can check if the same issue appears on the original version and if it does, you can report the issue on Froala GitHub repo and it may be fixed on subsequent releases.
So the site to test the idea didn't have the button to link a text.

Also just noticed that if you click the insert link and enter the link and then write the text for the link. It comes out fine.

The issue seems to be when you highlight a selected text and then click the insert link button and attempt to add the url and press insert. Nothing happens.

So maybe not a big deal.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13

Also just noticed that if you click the insert link and enter the link and then write the text for the link. It comes out fine.

The issue seems to be when you highlight a selected text and then click the insert link button and attempt to add the url and press insert. Nothing happens.

So maybe not a big deal.
I see, I guess it disappeared on mobile view. There's a full featured version of the editor too but since you kinda solved the issue, it may not be entirely necessary to report it.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
I see, I guess it disappeared on mobile view. There's a full featured version of the editor too but since you kinda solved the issue, it may not be entirely necessary to report it.
Okay so just tried it with the second link and it worked fine like its supposed to.

I wrote hallo world in the editor but misspelled it workdo and then highlight /selected the text went to the link button and inserted the text and it worked.

But for here people can just manually enter the text in the prompt box and link their text that way so it probably wont be an issue overall. Anyways, just wanted to report the issue, thanks Pat.

Reactions: Pat

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Okay so just tried it with the second link and it worked fine like its supposed to.

I wrote hallo world in the editor but misspelled it workdo and then highlight /selected the text went to the link button and inserted the text and it worked.

But for here people can just manually enter the text in the prompt box and link their text that way so it probably wont be an issue overall. Anyways, just wanted to report the issue, thanks Pat.
Ok, thanks for checking, if other mobile users confirm they have the same problem, I can report it on XF forums, they must have broken something then. :nod

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, thanks for checking, if other mobile users confirm they have the same problem, I can report it on XF forums, they must have broken something then. :nod
Yes, if any one here on the mobile can check and see if they have the same issue. It would be nice.
My mobile has an antivirius software on it so not sure if some setting disabled a code or whatnot.
Forgot about that .

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
@Pat Something for your attention:

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
@Pat Something for your attention:
Thanks for reporting, fixed it now, something we need to pay attention to when we create notices.

So maybe not a big deal.
@Arjuna do you have the same problem as Charlie on mobile? Appreciated if you can check, thanks.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Thanks for reporting, fixed it now, something we need to pay attention to when we create notices.

@Arjuna do you have the same problem as Charlie on mobile? Appreciated if you can check, thanks.
Haven't checked it but is the "Insert" button is just left of image box?

If that is the button "Insert" then yeah it seems problem is happening to me too.

Reactions: Pat

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The site doesn't seem to be able to store my preferences when it comes to the width slider. Sometimes, and the timing is a little random, the width will reset to default.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
The site doesn't seem to be able to store my preferences when it comes to the width slider. Sometimes, and the timing is a little random, the width will reset to default.
It's a feature of the Flat Awesome theme, it adds a cookie which is deleted when the browser is closed and the cookie value has 14400 in it which may mean it also returns to the original state after four hours.

I may change the default values when I have time to see if it sticks.