Support - XenForo 2 Upgrade Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Support XenForo 2 Upgrade Thread

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
@Pat now we can only copy image links and put it in image URL site unlike before when we could also directly copy paste the images right?
They changed the quick reply editor in this version, yes, it seems to be the case. Well, we can paste images but they're uploaded as attachments, we disabled adding attachments to posts, so the feature became unfunctional.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
They changed the quick reply editor in this version, yes, it seems to be the case. Well, we can paste images but they're uploaded as attachments, we disabled adding attachments to posts, so the feature became unfunctional.
And no copying images from a phone unlike earlier?

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
And no copying images from a phone unlike earlier?
Hmm, they're connected I think, when I click on "Insert Image" button, it allows me to upload/drag-and-drop one but most likely as an attachment.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Hmm, they're connected I think, when I click on "Insert Image" button, it allows me to upload/drag-and-drop one but most likely as an attachment.
In phone it is being said if I put in image link

"Something went wrong please contact your administrator"

But if I do from PC or laptop that problem doesn't exist.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
In phone it is being said if I put in image link

"Something went wrong please contact your administrator"

But if I do from PC or laptop that problem doesn't exist.
When you insert an image by URL?

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
When you insert an image by URL?
Yup only by phone

Like this

When I insert the image URL in the box

Then this comes after clicking "insert"

Mind it this doesn't happen in PC.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Ok, we need to find out if it's an isolated issue or a general problem, I'll ask other phone users about it.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
It‘s when you‘re already scrolled down far enough to see the box and then press reply, it will add the quote onto the box but not scroll down automatically. Probably because you can already see the box, but it‘s not as far down as it usually is when replying from any other post when it does scroll, which is kinda annoying. Maybe a bit hard to explain in words like this for you to recreate it, and it‘s not too big of a deal, but still.
I see, in my case, when I can see the whole box, it doesn't scroll, it is a JS issue, assuming they didn't do it on purpose. Unfortunately XF isn't as friendly to JS editing compared to other stuff, people asked us to increase member tooltip delays too but there's not much we currently can do.

Yes they are visible inside the thread, but meant at section they are not showing on phone. So that makes me have to press on the thread name or on the date of last post to get into the thread, but I can‘t just press on one of the last few pages directly. Apart from it looking very unnatural on phone not seeing the boxes.
Hmm, yes, XF CSS removes them on purpose to prevent clutter I think, I brought it back.

I thought so, so I know we can‘t have everything the same. But some touches can still be done to make it more like old Coffee I think. If it‘s not too big a bother.
No, it's not a bother but I didn't work on the color schemes and don't know what has been done on purpose and what hasn't, we can make necessary changes accordingly.
I missed that :facepalm You‘re right, it really is a very harsh contrast. Just like most of the other black that bothers me on the theme.
Ok, that'll be taken care of, also @Jammin .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Can't edit post with media/videos
There's no Edit button or you get an error when you try to save?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Hardy I looked into the avatar issue, the cropped version looks like this:

Dunno if it looks better than the slim version? :wonder
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Thread sticky ordering is also unavailable/non-functional.
3. Sticky order for threads is gone. Was very nice for Mafia section, to keep threads in place regardless of who posted when.
The feature is now available.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Prefixes look better? :wonder
Better than before for sure, but not sure if a lighter brown shade fits better. Like, still a dark shade but not as dark. But this is already much better for my eyes. Can ask @Jammin too what he thinks.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Ok, made the color a bit lighter, we can keep it if Jammin finds it satisfactory too.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
@Pat just noticed something. Is the delay for posting PMs now much longer than before? Would be pretty annoying for MGs, the old 30s were already inconvenient.

And is there a doublepost/post delay?

Ok, made the color a bit lighter, we can keep it if Jammin finds it satisfactory too.
Just for reference/comparison, it used to be like this:

But don‘t mind the newer brown shade being a bit darker.

I‘d also change most of black color in Coffee to that same color of the prefixes, but maybe just me. And the black color of current page to orange and notification color orange. But this is already better than at start.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
@Hardy I looked into the avatar issue, the cropped version looks like this:

Dunno if it looks better than the slim version? :wonder
I think that would look better. For that matter, our avatars also look cropped when you click on them to see profiles (even your own) so if it's all the same it would work nicely, I think.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
@Pat just noticed something. Is the delay for posting PMs now much longer than before? Would be pretty annoying for MGs, the old 30s were already inconvenient.

And is there a doublepost/post delay?
Reduced the minimum time between both posts and PMs to 15 secs, the PM delay was 180 secs.

Yup only by phone

Mind it this doesn't happen in PC.
Apparently the problem stems from the remote servers, they don't always serve the picture properly, for example imgur responded with a 403 server error in some of my tests. XenForo uses Froala editor, if it doesn't work there, it won't work here.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Better than before for sure, but not sure if a lighter brown shade fits better. Like, still a dark shade but not as dark. But this is already much better for my eyes. Can ask @Jammin too what he thinks.
Thanks Pat, sorry for being a pain.

That said I'd go even lighter than this. Previously they were a shading scale of the background color much like the quotation boxes and avatar and profile boxes are.

Before..

After..

You can see the issue. Now I'm not saying it needs to look exactly like it did before but I think we can still do a bit better.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Ok, we have noted these color change requests, not sure to what extent now but we'll make some changes in the themes based on user feedback, it may take a while though, our hands are full with other stuff too. :)

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, we have noted these color change requests, not sure to what extent now but we'll make some changes in the themes based on user feedback, it may take a while though, our hands are full with other stuff too. :)
Oh that looks much better already. Thanks, Pat.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Thanks Pat, sorry for being a pain.

That said I'd go even lighter than this. Previously they were a shading scale of the background color much like the quotation boxes and avatar and profile boxes are.

Before..

After..

You can see the issue. Now I'm not saying it needs to look exactly like it did before but I think we can still do a bit better.

I guess this is closer now? @GrySun @Jammin