Support - XenForo 2 Upgrade Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Support XenForo 2 Upgrade Thread

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The BBcode value is the old numbering, but the button offers the Font size you'd see in Word Processors. The dropdown menu not displaying the actual size of each option is rather dumb though. Not sure why they altered that, another one of their "improvements", I guess.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Change the text size with the button, then toggle BB code off (on the right, the gear). Then you can change the numeric value however you want.
The gear is this right

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Thread sticky ordering is also unavailable/non-functional.
It was a feature of an add-on, we don't have its 2.x version. I think I saw another add-on which allows sticky ordering, I'll look into it.

It's working quite well, feels pretty smooth, at least in my phone. To log in I kind of had to... "Click" in a very tight spot because the "menu" bar kept blocking the log in one '-'

Avatars look goofy, sadly, dunno if there is a fix for that. It's hard to explain:

Like, completely unproportional. This only happens in portrait mode, and even if ugly the avatars at least occupy way less space on the screen, so it's not all negatives I guess.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Got the same proportion "problem" with the banners. Really minor stuff overall I admit
I'll check the Log In issue, as for the avatars and banners, they look proportional to me (width vs height aspect ratio) but they are very small. XenForo wasn't really designed for 150x300 avatars, showing the whole avatar in mobile view reduces it to a very small size unfortunately. :wonder

Alright, I'll just edit this post with any issues I run into.

- A minor alignment issue that might not be an issue but there you go.

- The CSS for Avatar placement on Media comment pages is a little wonky. (Update: They're wonky in any Comment Page)

- Spacing for Medals sometimes overlaps with larger flags.

- The small icon indicating whether you have posted in a thread cuts off just short of its right dimensions.

- The Width Change option doesn't also change the length of the banner.

- Global Mod blue is still nearly unreadable on darker themes.

- Little weird header class thing I found under Account Details.

- Emoji Tab Menus aren't very visible on dark themes.
If the minor alignment issue is centered user title, that's how it is in XF 2. My user color doesn't play well with darker themes too, not sure if there's an easy solution to that. I'll look into other issues.

Looks fine so far. Not sure if it'll be like that from now on but the font size and width in general are smaller now?

When I see Tux, Hardy and Jammin's screenshots, it doesn't look like they have the same issue as me.
The font size is perhaps a bit smaller, not sure, the width is the same though, actually it's 1200 pixels now compared to 1180 pixels last version. What's your screen resolution?

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The font size is perhaps a bit smaller, not sure, the width is the same though, actually it's 1200 pixels now compared to 1180 pixels last version. What's your screen resolution?
1920 x 1080.

Everything is fine now for some reason.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
.username--style5 {
  1. color: #2d7cfc;
  2. font-weight: bold;
}
This comes up with a nice easy to read shade of blue.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
This comes up with a nice easy to read shade of blue.

I'll ask other staffers about it, I don't know yet what they think about changing username colors on certain themes. Thanks for finding a suitable color in any case.

@Hardy Can you take a screenshot of Log in button under the menu? That's how it looks like on smaller resolution for me.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I'll ask other staffers about it, I don't know yet what they think about changing username colors on certain themes. Thanks for finding a suitable color in any case.

@Hardy Can you take a screenshot of Log in button under the menu? That's how it looks like on smaller resolution for me.

I just checked, I'm a fucking idiot all I had to do was fully scroll up lol, mb.
as for the avatars and banners, they look proportional to me (width vs height aspect ratio) but they are very small. XenForo wasn't really designed for 150x300 avatars, showing the whole avatar in mobile view reduces it to a very small size unfortunately. :wonder
But yeah, I think this still is a "problem". Is there no way to enlarge the "avatar window" in mobile? Nothing too massive, it's just that Milly's avatar is not as wide as Jammin's for example, yet it looks so much bigger and nicer '-'

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
But yeah, I think this still is a "problem". Is there no way to enlarge the "avatar window" in mobile? Nothing too massive, it's just that Milly's avatar is not as wide as Jammin's for example, yet it looks so much bigger and nicer '-'
Hmm, I'll see what I can do, increasing the width alone breaks the aspect ratio and there's not much space to increase the width and height of the avatar at the same time. Using cropped avatars is an option but not sure if it's the best idea.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hmm, I'll see what I can do, increasing the width alone breaks the aspect ratio and there's not much space to increase the width and height of the avatar at the same time. Using cropped avatars is an option but not sure if it's the best idea.
How did it work with the older software? On mobile avatars were always just sort of squished and cropped into this little square. Not perfect but it did the job.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
How did it work with the older software? On mobile avatars were always just sort of squished and cropped into this little square. Not perfect but it did the job.
Don't remember since I don't visit the site on mobile, probably they were cropped versions, we can return to that.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Been asking Alexa to close my posts but doesn't seem to be functional.... :feelsbadman

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Some things which I noticed so far which I dislike or are annoyingly different from the past, not necessarily bugs.

1. On PC, when you're close enough to bottom(with the writing box) that you see the box, when you try to reply to the lowest post it doesn't move your screen down like it does in other cases. Think in the past it always moved it down to some centered view.

2. On phone I can't see the number of pages a thread has, or can click on a certain page number to go there. These boxes for pages are just gone on mobile.

3. Sticky order for threads is gone. Was very nice for Mafia section, to keep threads in place regardless of who posted when.

4. Some Coffee related stuffs I personally either miss or dislike now. The Alert for notifications is red, used to be orange(I think) and somehow larger/more noticeable, much smaller now. The color of the page you're on at the number boxes was orange and not black. The part at top/bottom with the Home>Forums>.. pressable links was darker brown color, made it easier to find when wanting to go back to the section after posting. This way it looks the same color like everything else. The brown color for the page-boxes in the section next to the threads makes it hard to see the number, because the color doesn't fit well with the font for the numbers.

And in general I don't like how much black color is used, it all used to be just different shades of brown, generally lighter. The black parts make the theme darker than it was or maybe should be.

Not gonna mention every little different thing, likely can't perfectly recreate the old theme, so just keeping it at the things that can be changed if I'm not the only one preferring it that way.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
1. On PC, when you're close enough to bottom(with the writing box) that you see the box, when you try to reply to the lowest post it doesn't move your screen down like it does in other cases. Think in the past it always moved it down to some centered view.
Not sure I understood that problem, when I clicked "Reply" in your post, the screen scrolled down. :wonder

2. On phone I can't see the number of pages a thread has, or can click on a certain page number to go there. These boxes for pages are just gone on mobile.
Hmm, they shouldn't be.

3. Sticky order for threads is gone. Was very nice for Mafia section, to keep threads in place regardless of who posted when.
Most requested missing feature I guess, will see what I can do.

4. Some Coffee related stuffs I personally either miss or dislike now. The Alert for notifications is red, used to be orange(I think) and somehow larger/more noticeable, much smaller now. The color of the page you're on at the number boxes was orange and not black. The part at top/bottom with the Home>Forums>.. pressable links was darker brown color, made it easier to find when wanting to go back to the section after posting. This way it looks the same color like everything else. The brown color for the page-boxes in the section next to the threads makes it hard to see the number, because the color doesn't fit well with the font for the numbers.

And in general I don't like how much black color is used, it all used to be just different shades of brown, generally lighter. The black parts make the theme darker than it was or maybe should be.
The sizes of some page elements are determined by the theme, not much flexibility in that regard, we can discuss the colors with Gary to see if we can do something about it.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
As a fellow coffee theme user. I would second pretty much everything Gry said.

Though I think the element that I'm having the most trouble getting used to is the thread category prefixes. Like Spoiler, Chapter, Discussion, etc. Those are all solid black with white text now. Which causes a pretty harsh contrast. Everything else seems more or less ok to me but that part I'm having trouble adjusting to.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Not sure I understood that problem, when I clicked "Reply" in your post, the screen scrolled down. :wonder
It‘s when you‘re already scrolled down far enough to see the box and then press reply, it will add the quote onto the box but not scroll down automatically. Probably because you can already see the box, but it‘s not as far down as it usually is when replying from any other post when it does scroll, which is kinda annoying. Maybe a bit hard to explain in words like this for you to recreate it, and it‘s not too big of a deal, but still.

Hmm, they shouldn't be.
Yes they are visible inside the thread, but meant at section they are not showing on phone. So that makes me have to press on the thread name or on the date of last post to get into the thread, but I can‘t just press on one of the last few pages directly. Apart from it looking very unnatural on phone not seeing the boxes.

The sizes of some page elements are determined by the theme, not much flexibility in that regard, we can discuss the colors with Gary to see if we can do something about it.
I thought so, so I know we can‘t have everything the same. But some touches can still be done to make it more like old Coffee I think. If it‘s not too big a bother.

As a fellow coffee theme user. I would second pretty much everything Gry said.

Though I think the element that I'm having the most trouble getting used to is the thread category prefixes. Like Spoiler, Chapter, Discussion, etc. Those are all solid black with white text now. Which causes a pretty harsh contrast. Everything else seems more or less ok to me but that part I'm having trouble adjusting to.
I missed that :facepalm You‘re right, it really is a very harsh contrast. Just like most of the other black that bothers me on the theme.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
@Pat now we can only copy image links and put it in image URL site unlike before when we could also directly copy paste the images right?

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can we get a :cookiehand with servers tray

when you shut a madafuka up xD

@Pat
Can't edit post with media/videos