Voting Round 2 - Yakusoku no Neverland vs. Vagabond | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Yakusoku no Neverland vs. Vagabond

Who wins?

• Yakusoku no Neverland

• Vagabond

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Vagabond is right up there as "one of the best manga I've read" and I'm not saying that lightly, I could write a lot about it but this ain't my manga.

@goldb needs to come here and show my why his manga is Invincible under the Sun! So far he's just dissing his opponents with one-liners.

@Erinyes has been campaigning way too hard to ignore her efforts. @Belserion , the mama of Neverlands section, has also come here to defends Grace fields, even taking on the Aizen! I like Neverland a lot as well so I'm quite fine voting for it here tbh.

I won't vote for a few days.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
@Erinyes. Will you vote for Tokyo Ghoul against Naruto?

If you do I will vote for TPN.

A Strategic Alliance

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
@Aizen, yep generally speaking shonen are selling more than seinen because of demographic reasons, they are suited for all audience while many seinen are restrictive.
Belserion Emperor Spriggan TotalEcon YumaKuga SirSamuel016 many thanks for your support

@Arjuna count on me ♥

@Brandish ^^

Love you all !

Part I- Main character :
1st, the authors wanted to write a shonen witha female lead. Emma is often compared to characters like Luffy or Naruto, but actually Emma is very smart, she's not exactly the stereotype shonen main characters, those children are very young, and have experimented some trauma. Emma was also raised to be like Isabella and become the next mama, so yes she may be slightly naïve but not that much, from the very start its implied she has something into her, that reminds me of Gon (HxH)

a kind of dark side that may be growing in the series, I wont be surprise if she ends up doing weird stuff,

making some bad choices or even be killing, actually she reminds more characters like Arya From GOT than Luffy or naruto, she already knows that to survive she may have to kill.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Voted TPN,now Erin chan please vote TG.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Vagabond easily, its a classic.

Gomenasai :( @Erinyes

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
@SirSamuel016 If people want to read a series about a wandering samurai, there's RK which predates Hobobond.

I rather read fan fiction of The Last Samurai than read unoriginal edge lord trash like Vagabond.

And besides, TPN is a thriller unlike anything before.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
@Aizen, yep generally speaking shonen are selling more than seinen because of demographic reasons, they are suited for all audience while many seinen are restrictive.
Belserion Emperor Spriggan TotalEcon YumaKuga SirSamuel016 many thanks for your support

@Arjuna count on me ♥

@Brandish ^^

Love you all !

Part I- Main character :
1st, the authors wanted to write a shonen witha female lead. Emma is often compared to characters like Luffy or Naruto, but actually Emma is very smart, she's not exactly the stereotype shonen main characters, those children are very young, and have experimented some trauma. Emma was also raised to be like Isabella and become the next mama, so yes she may be slightly naïve but not that much, from the very start its implied she has something into her, that reminds me of Gon (HxH)

a kind of dark side that may be growing in the series, I wont be surprise if she ends up doing weird stuff,

making some bad choices or even be killing, actually she reminds more characters like Arya From GOT than Luffy or naruto, she already knows that to survive she may have to kill.

No problem Erin, you can count on my support to beat the big nasty Vagabond which shouldn't even be in this round :kappa
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@SirSamuel016 If people want to read a series about a wandering samurai, there's RK which predates Hobobond.

I rather read fan fiction of The Last Samurai than read unoriginal edge lord trash like Vagabond.

And besides, TPN is a thriller unlike anything before.
Yeah, TPN has started off well. I lost a bit of interest with it tbh but it's still chugging along fairly well so it has that going for it as well as no hiatuses.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As much as I appreciate Vagabond's quality, my vote goes to Neverland. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a new series that much since the beginning, and it always manages to stay genuinely interesting. I love me some nice mystery/drama mix, and psychological battles have a really big charm if done right. I wasn't sure if it could keep that level after the Plantation arc, but I'm more than pleased so far :blush

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'm enjoying your salt @TotalEcon but comparing Vagabond to fanfiction... of "The Last Samurai" which is Tom Cruise of all people.

That type of trifling is about as crazy as Tom there...

Sure your manga got Kakaguruined last round but you went too far :handgun

The President

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Vagabond way better then Neverland. The characters are leagues better, the art is immeasurably superior (I'm sorry but I can't take Neverland character designs seriously) and the story tackles some heavy shit, whereas Neverland has lost its way in trying to be as unique as possible. It kinda pains me that an established masterpiece like Vagabond is about to loose too a manga with 58 chapters, but what can ya do.

Your salt is spilling out of my computer.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
As much as I appreciate Vagabond's quality, my vote goes to Neverland. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a new series that much since the beginning, and it always manages to stay genuinely interesting. I love me some nice mystery/drama mix, and psychological battles have a really big charm if done right. I wasn't sure if it could keep that level after the Plantation arc, but I'm more than pleased so far :blush
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-kun, that's so so so so sweeeeeeeet :zomg thxs so much !!!!

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
@Brandish There's no such thing as too far :hurr

(I am joking, of course)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@The President

Here, have some more.

When I am through, I will have cleaned out the salt mine, waiting to claim yours.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I am voting Yakusoku no neverland. Several people I know like it and told me about it, I will trust in their taste. Considering picking it up as a new manga now that Magi ended.

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
Voted Vagabond.

I read Yakusoku no Neverland until the kids escaped and then kind of lost interest. I had a hard time figuring out why at first but in the end I think I share @Aizen 's pov on the matter. In short I was expecting YnN's overall atomsphere to be a bit darker when really, it's a shonen with, well, shonen developments ^^ I guess I was simply disappointed. I am not saying it's bad, it's just not the kind of stuff I'm into right now.
Also, I have very mixed feelings about the art. I love Posuka Demizu's coloured artwork, but her/his artstyle in black and white is simply not as appealing.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Vagabond vs Neverland...

A Seinen cult gem vs A Shonen rough diamond...

Epic tale vs Mind games...

Superb Action vs Breathtaking tension...

Someone help me decide please :shootme

Status
Not open for further replies.