Discussion - Your favorite comics! | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Your favorite comics!

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's official. XD Heehee. Fables is currently my favourite title next to New X Men.

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Venom65437 said:
I heard it's scheduled to ship around October 2010. As long as nothing else disrupts the schedule =-)
So soon, Are you sure? In this way I could almost read the end before dieying of old age.

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Anyone has read Alias and Pulse?[br]Posted on: December 04, 2006, 01:54:44 AM_________________________________________________
Venom65437 said:
It's only tentative Luckas, it could change at any time! ;)
Oh :o Thanks :D

Severely Senile

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Wow, this is a hard one. I'm bad at remembering numbers and editions, so bare with me.

1. Lobo's Back (all 4 of them): It shows the Main Man in all his insanity with amazing art.
2. Arkham Asylum: This gets 10 points in both story and art in my book.
3. Killing Joke: Joker's best moments. My favorite is the part where he forced Gordon to see prictures of Barbara naked in the pool of her own blood.
4. All Hellboy and B.P.R.D. books: I like em all. Seriously.
5. Fables #...? The one about Bigby in WW2, the one about Cinderella's mission in Paris and the the latest two editions (#54-55). I really like the way Hansel was portrayed and how it turned out he was behind those witch-burning stuff.
6. Teen Titans (latest version) #... I forgot! The one where Slade beat the hell out of Robin in a duel: Robin was awesome there, pwned and all. He nearly got Slade's good eye, too.
7. All books written by Neil Gaiman. Can I do that? I just can't choose!
8. Civil War #2: Steve McNiven THE MAN! The art in this book completely blew me away.
9. Justice #5: You don't see Superman begging for help everyday. Not to mention that moment when GL said, "Ring, how much longer before your charge runs out and I die?"
10. Nextwave #1-9 (yep, that's right. All of them.): This is currently my favorite series. You guys have GOT to read this. It's just crazy! And the art looks cool, too. Immonen, ya know.

There are lots more comics that I like, but seing as (after writing only ten) my brain is starting to melt, I think I'll just stop right here.

Oh, and Dragonzair, good for you! Fables is a fantastic series. I personally think it's genius.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Are you sure you're female, SS? :XD

Never met a gal that liked Lobo or the Killing Joke. Though I agree KJ was great (I love Brian Bolland's art. Shame he's so slow though...)

I do enjoy the Hellboy books, have about five GNs I think... got one for free on my birthday from the local comic shop in Knoxville XD

Not surprised you like Neil Gaiman. Sandman is great.

Severely Senile

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I'm preeeety sure I'm female. At least, I was the last time I checked :p

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'll have to have Ichi spy on you for me :D

Seriously, just joking. You have good taste either way.

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just have to say my current favourite issue right now is Fables #56. As I said before, I drool over any Christmas special. And this was one that made my heart go fuzy <3 So freakin' adorable. XD

Plus, we get to see the Wolf cubs gain <3 How I adore these kids <3

And that's great! Another female comics fan! :hi5

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I need to try Fables again, I guess. It must be have been something I should have tried to keep on reading for a while. ...anywhere I can download them? n.n

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Nyah, Ken-chan. You really should'a continue! :nuts Neil Gaiman = briliance. Plus, try watching Mirrormask as well *cough* Or at least read the script book.

And you can download torrents right?

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/785724/Fables_Issues_1_50_Kimble_request

That's 1-50. I can give you the 51-55 issues after you're done. ^^ Also, another great book was the 1001 Nights of Snowfall. That book was :luv Something of a side-story to the Fables storyline. Amazing artists inside, plus the only book where James Jean actually draws the insides (JJ does the Fables covers).

That's the book that I'll give everything to buy and keep personally. :D

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Dragonzair said:
^^ Also, another great book was the 1001 Nights of Snowfall. That book was :luv Something of a side-story to the Fables storyline. Amazing artists inside, plus the only book where James Jean actually draws the insides (JJ does the Fables covers).

That's the book that I'll give everything to buy and keep personally. :D
Hell yeah! I read that one over and over and over and i love it more and more. I'm so glad my friend gave it to me :D

@Severly Senile: You're not reading that one unless you download it yourself or start downloading Eyeshield 21 for me :D Am I Evil? Yes I Fraggin' Am!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Downloading it DZ. Thanks. Should have it... in like two or three days >< Heh.

Venom65437

If you have never read the commuter cometh... it's an issue of amazing Spider-Man #262 or thereabouts, you need too, it is EXCELLENT!

Severely Senile

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
@DZ: I've watched Mirrormask. Love it, love it! Nothing can go wrong with Gaiman-McKean combo. Have you read Gaiman's novel Neverwhere? If you haven't, you should look for it. It's actually based on an old TV series written by Gaiman with the same title. Vertigo's publishing it as graphic novel series now, but it's not as good as the novel (I think).

@Ichi: Fine. I'll download Eyeshield 21 for you the next time I have to stay in the office for 3 days straight. Promise. Just get me 1001 Nights of Snowfall, damn it!

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Severely Senile said:
@Ichi: Fine. I'll download Eyeshield 21 for you the next time I have to stay in the office for 3 days straight. Promise. Just get me 1001 Nights of Snowfall, damn it!
Gyahahahahaha! It's been ready to read in you know where since a long time ago, i just set the properties to hidden. I am so evil!

Lohnt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Ultimate spiderman, runaways, ultimates. X-men (Rogue's team <3), Supergirl, Superman/Batman, Teen Titans, Cable and Deadpool, most of civil war.[br]Posted on: December 23, 2006, 02:35:47 AM_________________________________________________PS thanks for the torrent dragonzair

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
My torrent download finished DZ, thanks so much ^.^