Discussion - Your favorite comics! | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Your favorite comics!

thegreatest08

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
i like reading the civil war comic<-----its marvel
i am also up-to-date with new avenger.

Paper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Johnny The Homicidal Maniac
Squee
Lenore

i'm not really into the actual comics as compared to webcomics... paper is temporary, data is forever!

Yondaime-Uzumaki

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Congo-Kinshasa
Even though i like Spidy and Superman , Hulk is Definitly my favorite Marvel Caracter.

And this is my favorite hulk sentence is : ' I'm Angry!! You wont like me When I'm Angry ! ... ' :XD

Last edited:

Sasuke_Kai_92

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
England
All X-men graphic novels. Got all of them from old to new. I dont collect comics, I prefer graphic novels. Its got mixed stuff in there and contains major storylines.

Nantalith

Proofreader
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I collect modern Batman - my favourites are when Batman, Nightwing and Robin work together. At the top of my list at this moment are Under the Hood and Face the Face, having just acquired them and only reread once so far.

nat

Reaction score
Country
Bermuda
X-men all the way. :D

KnuckleheadedNinja

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
My favorite comic is Spiderman

The Adamant Dragon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I Had lost interest in american comics ( especislly DC Comics ), but the one that revived my earlier interests in them is without contest : WWH -- World-war-Hulk. --

Its a must read.

Hollow Kurono

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
In no particular order

Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk-Cant wait for the new parts,Wolverine is prob my fav hero of all marvel universe,the way he was ripped in two got me schocked,the guy is unbreakable and he did break.

I actualy have many,but I dont realy remeber the particular chapters,but I mostly like the Civil War arc and gonna soon start reading WWH.

But of all marvel comix I mostly enjoy reading is Spider-man,I like the guy,very funny to,I like the jokes he makes :) I cant stand when they are talking for pages in other marvel charachter comix,but I can in Spider-Man.

I think Wolverine origins should be good.

Last edited:

The Adamant Dragon

Reaction score
Country
Canada
In no particular order

Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk-Cant wait for the new parts,Wolverine is prob my fav hero of all marvel universe,the way he was ripped in two got me schocked,the guy is unbreakable and he did break.
Yeah that just shows how strong Hulk is ( he's my favorite hero in Marvel :XD ), I Was pretty shoked too... What an horrible scene Lol

I actualy have many,but I dont realy remeber the particular chapters,but I mostly like the Civil War arc and gonna soon start reading WWH.
Yes, kurono, Civil war was Awsom too! I Completly forgot to mention it... How could I :notrust
But the part I dind't like, was Captain america and Stark fightinhg. Really... they should've talk before deciding what was best to protect the mutants/all Heros. ( -- Stark wanted to help from the Inside but because he did not mention it to Cap, Cap saw it like he agreed with the governement and wanted annahilate their existance, So Cap simply decided to protect them -- ) That arc of marvel showed that dialogue is an important thing... You must think/discuss before you act.

And Get your hands on WWH! You want regret it! :kkthumbs
Well, me, I especially liked it because my favorite hero had the spotlight.
Have you read "Planet Hulk" ? you must read it to undrstand Hulk's anger toward earth and how WWH Came to fruition and why he was so angry -- just a suggestion --

Epic battles on the way... Enjoy.

[/quote]But of all marvel comix I mostly enjoy reading is Spider-man,I like the guy,very funny to,I like the jokes he makes :) I cant stand when they are talking for pages in other marvel charachter comix,but I can in Spider-Man.

I think Wolverine origins should be good.[/quote]

Yeah, Spider-man is the funniest, its undeniable :tem
I Especially liked the symbiotes Arc.
And deadpool is awsom too ( I enjoyed playing him in the Marvel ultimate alliance video Game ). He's got some crazy abilities O.O ... He's actually funnier than spidy in that game. But his humor is Ironique and sarcastique/ bof... -- its special, cant exlain -- I just like his powers and carcters. And that's why I cant wait to see Wolverine's movie next year, 'Cause he's in it.

Hollow Kurono

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Yeah I know why,someone killed his pregnant wife or something.Im not realy a fan of the Hulk like you,but I will watch it anyway,now I need to find it somehwere.

D3M1URG3

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I work in a comic shop, so It's hard for me to really decide on what my favorite comic is persay, but I can give you some examples of comics I like.

1. Thunderbolts (Marvel. Warren Ellis' run specifically, but so far Christos Gage isn't completely terrible)

2. Doktor Sleepless (Avatar. Written by Warren Ellis, and just a fantastic book.)

3. The Boys (Avatar. Written by Garth Ennis)

4. Girls (Indy. Written and drawn by The Luna Brothers, who's work is just fantastic).

5. Conan the Cimmerian (Dark Horse. Written by Tim Truman, and this is a book that has just completely surprised me with the quality of it.)

6. Wolverine (Marvel. Old man Logan run, written by Mark Millar. A very interesting run which really makes you think.)

7. NO HERO (Avatar. Written by Warren Ellis, this is a great story which presents superhumans in a completely different way.)

8. WOLFSKIN (Avatar. Written by Warren Ellis, which is an attempt at Low Fantasy by one of the best Futurist writers of our time. Very interesting, very graphic.)

9. Hellblazer (DC/Vertigo. Jason Aaron's run has been one of my favorite so far, and brings a level of quality to the series we haven't really seen in quite some time.)

10. SECRET INVASION + all tie ins (Marvel. Written by Brian M. Bendis, so far a very interesting series although the tie ins are somewhat sketchy).

With FINAL CRISIS being very close to Secret Invasion, though I mostly like the tie ins to FC than the flagship title....

Hollow Kurono

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
"Back In Black man that was some heavy shit,I think that could be my fav marvel experience yet,the way Spidey acted was unpredtictable,I never thought hell do that,I thought he knew that he would regret what he did,I thought hes gonna have some Uncle Ben flashback moments,but no,none of them,the way he threatned everyone was crazy,so scary,I think Ill have some new threats at my dissposal :) the way he beat Wisks ass,was realy entertaining.

killbill

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
looks like most of you people like marvel...i like DC comics better..i think my favourite is
1)Batman:Bruce Wayne murderer/fugitive
2)Batman:no man's land
From Dark horse comics my favourite is the star wars knights of the old republic series..almost all issues are great if u like star wars..

rainn

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
My Favorite comic Harry Potter and Pokemon any one read this comic.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I used to really love the old Spider-man comics then as I got older I got into Ultimate Spider-man. I also really like the Futurama comics. They sell them at the Subway where I live for some reason.

steelwingcrash1

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The Philippines once produced its own hit comics called Culture Crash Comics (known as CCC). I was a complete avid fan of every series in it (One Day Isang Diwa, Pasig, Cat's Trail, etc.). But it seems that the company lacked the funds of continuing any further. I was lost in the series halfway. Too bad, I really cherished the stories in it.

Oh, I also have a dig for Archie comics. I have fifty digest Archie/ Jughead/ Betty and Veronica comics at home. Those comics can really take the stress out of you.

juliadesusa

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I like all the comics I can not say that I like some particular comic.but if I read any of the comic and if it help me to laugh i like that all comics.Some comics are very interesting also you can get some ideas and information also.

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
To be honest I don't read a lot of Western comic books, but I greatly enjoyed Sandman. Neil Gaiman is one of my favourite authors so that's part of the reason why, but I like how well-written the stories are. It's IMO the best graphic novel out there regardless of origin. :p /fan bias

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I thought I recognized your sig Asarii :D! As for me, I like comics a lot! There was a brief time in which I generally dismissed them in favour of manga, but thankfully I'm over that. Unfortunately for me, where I grew up (and where I currently still am) there weren't that many comics. Sure you get issues of the European Disney comics, but as for other comics you could only get compilations/books/whatever. The only comic book issue I own is an Uncanny X-Men issue. Nowadays I tend to buy books/compilations now that I can afford them :). My favourite comic book would probably be X-Men (which Bakuman states is the top-selling comic in the world :)), and my other favourites include Hellboy (I love Mike Mignola!) and Scott Pilgrim. I also like to read Asterix, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (among other Alan Moore works), Batman and Iron Man. There's also a series that I really want to get into, Corto Maltese, but unfortunately I can only find it in French (which I can read, though I'm a little rusty).