Discussion - Your manga collection (with pictures!) | Page 19 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Your manga collection (with pictures!)

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I pre-ordered Attack on Titans on Amazon for 6 bucks :D

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
My collection just seems so modest compared to some of the displays in this thread :(. I'm in the process of getting some more tanks though, pretty soon I think I'll have all the VizBig versions of Rurouni Kenshin and also all the Berserk volumes that have been released at this point.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My collection just seems so modest compared to some of the displays in this thread :(. I'm in the process of getting some more tanks though, pretty soon I think I'll have all the VizBig versions of Rurouni Kenshin and also all the Berserk volumes that have been released at this point.
I remember a while ago before I began reading Berserk and seeing it in my local comic book store, and thought "maybe I should buy it and just read it as I go" then I saw the number of volumes and quickly dismissed the idea. Hopefully someday I'll buy it. I was actually wanting to begin a Gantz collection but I don't wanna buy any series where I feel there'll be volumes I won't want to read, so I let that go. Next I think I'm gonna get either Planetes or Nausicaa as rec'd by k-dom and Googz respectively. I'd love to get more suggestions from you guys too.

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
^ I'm thinking of buying two Berserk volumes every month. Vagabond is another series I'd love to have, but like Berserk it's pretty long so I might just get one volume every so often (VizBig version of course!). I really need to think of a short series to collect just so that I can have at least one complete manga series. I'm thinking Pluto might be a good choice.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
^ I'm thinking of buying two Berserk volumes every month. Vagabond is another series I'd love to have, but like Berserk it's pretty long so I might just get one volume every so often (VizBig version of course!). I really need to think of a short series to collect just so that I can have at least one complete manga series. I'm thinking Pluto might be a good choice.
If Berserk was a Viz series like Vagabond, I'd start collecting it next and get VIZBIG editions in the hopes that it too, would have awesome overlapping art on the book edge.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I pre-ordered Attack on Titans on Amazon for 6 bucks :D
I should do that too. I am currently to butthurt that Amazon won't let me preorder The Strange Tale of Panorama Island.

If Berserk was a Viz series like Vagabond, I'd start collecting it next and get VIZBIG editions in the hopes that it too, would have awesome overlapping art on the book edge.
VIZ seems to have stopped VIZBig. Unless I am forgetting a series, Inuyasha was the last VIZBig title. Death Note does have the Black Edition, which would be lovely if I liked Death Note :p

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I should do that too. I am currently to butthurt that Amazon won't let me preorder The Strange Tale of Panorama Island.
Seems like an interesting story, I just read the synopsis for it and checked our UK amazon; it is available for pre-order but it's not out until Dec 2012.

VIZ seems to have stopped VIZBig. Unless I am forgetting a series, Inuyasha was the last VIZBig title. Death Note does have the Black Edition, which would be lovely if I liked Death Note :p
No way :gwah If that's true then I'm gutted cos I was wanting them to carry on then I could comfortably buy Vagabond volume once a year or something like that...

Last edited:

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Wait, does that mean that there won't be anymore Vagabond volumes in that format? That's really disappointing to hear, VIZBig editions were quality stuff (when compared to those cheap 3-in-1 editions). I hope they at least release special editions of series like they did with Death Note.

MattC302

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I think Kaiten meant that there won't be any new series released in the VizBig format. At least that's what I hope he means, because the OCD in me would hate to finish off my Vagabond collection with the standard volumes after getting the first 10 VizBig editions. Amazon has VizBig volume 11 up for preorder for a December 2012 release, so I think we are good.

Zeromcd

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've been meaning to do this for over a year and I finally did it :D

A couple of images aren't working. Here are the series that the images aren't working for:

Rurouni Kenshin
Mx0
Ichigo 100%
HunterxHunter
Yu Yu Hakusho
Nurarihyon no Mago
Sket Dance
D. Gray-man
Reborn!
Samurai Usagi
Busuo Renkin
Houshin Engi
Ane Doki
Hatsukoi Limited
Lilim Kiss
Amanchu
Inuyasha
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Chihayafuru

Last edited:

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Necrothreading, Rise!

Doraku's January 2013 Manga shopping - freshly shipped from Japan.

List of Manga that I bought:

- Gin no Saji #6
- Kimi ni Todoke #18
- Medaka Box #18
- Angel Hearts 2nd Season #5
- Aku no Hana (Flowers of Evil) #7
- Gantz #35
- Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun #11
- March Comes in Like a Lion #8
- The World God Only Knows #20
- Gintama #47
- Vagabond #34
- Hunter X Hunter #31 & #32
- Thermae Romae #5
- Alice in Borderland #6
- Nisekoi #4 (not pictured)
- Hito Hitori Futari #4 & #5 (not pictured)
- Kingdom #27-28 (not pictured)
- Beelzebub #19 (not pictured)
- Magi #15 (not pictured)

The best Tankoubons cover would probably either Aku no Hana (beautiful, very contrast compared to its content, lol) or Vagabond (colour pages made by Inoue, FTW). Thermae Romae tankoubon is the best deal since it's cheap but it's a very stunning package as a whole. Worst tankoubons is.. I do not want to say it, I'm afraid the fanboys of this manga would get mad at me. :p

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

btw, these photos don't represent my collection as a whole anyway, my most precious collections are safely stored in my family's library (that includes the first print of One Piece #1 and Berserk #1, yes I'm a collector) :hee

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Worst tankoubons is.. I do not want to say it, I'm afraid the fanboys of this manga would get mad at me. :p

btw, these photos don't represent my collection as a whole anyway, my most precious collections are safely stored in my family's library (that includes the first print of One Piece #1 and Berserk #1, yes I'm a collector) :hee
Hunter x Hunter 31, huh? :p I'm not really a fan of Togashi creating such a simplistic cover but even then, it's better than the Gantz volumes to me. Never really liked the style of blackening 3/4 of the volume and the simplistic + more or less being always the same upper part doesn't make it any better.

And I'm jelly ;__;

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Hunter x Hunter 31, huh? :p I'm not really a fan of Togashi creating such a simplistic cover but even then, it's better than the Gantz volumes to me. Never really liked the style of blackening 3/4 of the volume and the simplistic + more or less being always the same upper part doesn't make it any better.

And I'm jelly ;__;
You were correct about the title, but you were not correct about the volume number. It's not that I hate Togashi for slacking off (we had this long ass debate at Oricon thread anyway), but the Tankobons is not what I'd call a best deal, for US$9. The art was not improved - I could understand if Togashi draw sketches in Weekly Magazine, but the fact that his arts are not improved/corrected in the tankobon version is just.. disappointing, for a lack of a better expression. Thermae Romae, on the other hand, is what I'd call a best deal, assessing from the whole package as tankobon - the covers, contents, extras, etc with only US$2 higher than HxH. But in the defense of JUMP manga, I already set my standard lower, compared to a better packaged tankoubons from Jet Comics (3-Gatsu no Lion, Berserk) thus I did not expect anything special from JUMP manga, but HxH #32 is just poor, period.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently added Shingeki no Kyojin #1-3 to my list:

I've also got the Vagabond artbooks I've always wanted to pick up and another collector's one Mr. Prince showed me. That one is my pride and joy :amuse. I'll get those pics up later.

thatguy3331

Reaction score
Country
United States
ARGH....seeing some of these huge collections make me jelous....especially the ones who can get Beelzebub....HURRY UP VIZ, YOU A**HOLES!!

anywho...

Mine's is a pretty small collection at the momment.

Also can anyone tell me what the best way to order manga internationally is? I think I may just cave in, start saving some money to get converted to Yen and get the special edition Gash Bell volumes...

Last edited:

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Also can anyone tell me what the best way to order manga internationally is? I think I may just cave in, start saving some money to get converted to Yen and get the special edition Gash Bell volumes...
Amazon JP could be an option but considering that you're living in US, I'm afraid that the shipping cost would be too ridiculous. Another way is to go to nearby Kinokuniya, normally they'd accept a special customer order as long as you have the ISBN number.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

and Yen currently depreciating against US$, so it would be better to save your money quickly :p

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Update with some pictures:

-One Piece vol. 1-66
-Animal Land vol. 1-7
-Yotsuba&! vol. 1-11
-A Bride's Story vol. 1-4
-Kaoru Mori: Anything and Something(complete)
-Vagabond VizBig Edition vol. 1-11
-REAL vol. 1-11
-Dorohedoro vol. 1-9
-Thermae Romae vol. 1 & 2
-20th Century Boys vol. 1-22/21st Century Boys vol. 1 & 2(complete)
-Cross Game vol. 1-8(complete)
-Eden: It's An Endless World vol. 1-13
-Sakuran(complete)
-From Eroica With Love vol. 1
-Blue Spring(complete)
-Pluto vol. 1-8(complete)
-Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind vol. 1-7(complete)
-Akira vol. 1-6(complete)
-Ai Ore vol. 1
-Attack on Titan vol. 1-3
-Cromartie High School vol. 1-3
-Rohan at the Louvre(complete)
-Danza(complete)
-Onward Towards Our Noble Deaths(complete)
-A Zoo In Winter(complete)
-Ristorante Paradiso(complete)
-Gente vol. 1-3(complete)
-La Quinta Camera(complete)
-With The Light vol. 1
-NonNonBa(complete)
-Disappearance Diary(complete)
-Gon Swimmin' & Gon Again!
-No Longer Human vol. 1-3(complete)
-Sunny vol. 1
-Gundam The Origin vol. 1
-Knights of Sidonia vol. 1 & 2
-Abandon the Old in Tokyo(complete)

steadynco

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thanks for all the photos guys, glad to see that there are others who collect manga!

This is my collection (images under spoilers):

+ Detective Conan vol 1 - 62
+ Steel Ball Run, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (complete)....like my DIO figurine? =P
+ Jojolion, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol 1 - 4
+ 20th Century Boys & 21 Century Boys (complete)
+ Dragon Quest VI vol 1 - 6
+ HUNTERXHUNTER vol 0 - 32 & guide book
+ Level E (complete)
+ Soul Eater vol 1 - 10
+ Vagabond vol 1 - 9
+ Battle Royale (complete)
+ Naruto vol 1 -10

plus random bits of Shaman King, Kochikame etc...

conn-man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Haven't bought any for a while bit I got a nice collection.

Air Gear 1-17
Bleach 1-34
Mushishi 1, 5, 7
Bakuman 1, 2
Naruto 1, 2, 28, 29
And Fullmetal Alchemist 1-6

I feel like all of these have been translated pretty accurately. Especially Air Gear, the delrey translator was excellent with keeping the reference rich style intact. AND they kept the japanese sound effects! Instead of editing over them with big squiggly Latin letters they have very small and subtle english translations tucked to the side.

Delrey also handles Mushishi, I'd like to fill in the holes of that collection sometime.