Discussion - Your manga collection (with pictures!) | Page 20 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Your manga collection (with pictures!)

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So today I got some manga (currently lacking shelve space and what not to do a collection post, but Ill get to it). Anyway todays six pickups.

conn-man

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So this bad boy arrived in the post today:

I also just picked this one up today, I was surprised to find it. And only 20 clams? Hardback? 466 pgs?

I thought I won the lottery.

Last edited:

vagabond87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Poland
So this bad boy arrived in the post today:

Just WOW :super

I am just starting to buy manga. I have some One Piece volumes already and I am waiting for more but its not enough YET to show it off like you people here :p

Now I want to buy this volume of Vinland Saga.. Damn you:darn :eyeroll

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Compared to most here, my collection is relatively small to be honest. I only have a few series.

So I was doing a bit of spring cleaning yesterday, and was sorting out my One Piece books mainly in their shoe boxes( way to save space, try it). I've realised that I'm missing 12 volumes. Around the 30s and 40s. Now, I've either lost those volumes or completely forgot to buy them. My brain really can't remember where they could be, but I could've sworn I had them. *sighs*

Anyways, my collection is as such:

Vagabond VIZBIG Edition 1-11
Vinland Saga vol 1 omnibus
Lone Wolf and Cub vol 1 Omnibus
Slam Dunk 1-6
Blade of Immortal 1
Tekkonkinkreet: Black and White
Shingeki no Kyojin 1-9
Death Note (Box Set) 1-12+ 13: How to Read
Nausicaa Valley of the Wind( 2 vol Box Set)
One Piece 1-34, 42-45, 50-69
FMA Box Set(1-27)

I'll be posting pics of the Nausicaa box set another time, because it is huge and just really brilliant.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
But looking your list, that's actually quite a lot. And definetly an example of quality over quantity. Evertyhin on there is pure gold.

I haven't buyed anything in a while, but I intend to get my hands into Vinland Saga, Tekkonkinkreet and the rest of Mushishi that I'm missing. Also, more One Piece. any tips on where I could find Vinland Saga, Tekkonkinkreet or Mushishi? I have had really hard time finding those in Finland, so I might need to order from somewhere else. Not really familiar with foreign webshops.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
But looking your list, that's actually quite a lot. And definetly an example of quality over quantity. Evertyhin on there is pure gold.

I haven't buyed anything in a while, but I intend to get my hands into Vinland Saga, Tekkonkinkreet and the rest of Mushishi that I'm missing. Also, more One Piece. any tips on where I could find Vinland Saga, Tekkonkinkreet or Mushishi? I have had really hard time finding those in Finland, so I might need to order from somewhere else. Not really familiar with foreign webshops.
Yeah, I'm wanting to buy quality series and will probably go backwards and get older "classic" mangas like Urasawa's stuff and the likes. Getting Blade of Immortal is proving to be frustrating, they are really expensive on Amazon, so I'll need to take a trip to my local store and see how much they have them for and IF they have it. Same goes for Planetes and Monster.

I got Vinland, Tekkon on amazon.co.uk, so start there. I get all my stuff from there, so I dunno any other mangashops besides my local place's.

Last edited:

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Same goes for Planetes and Monster.
You're in luck with Monster. Viz is giving it a reprint in the form of nine 2-in-1 deluxe omnibus volumes starting in July 2014. Planetes is going to be a little harder...though I've heard Kodansha USA reps say things like "nothing is impossible if Vinland Saga does especially well", but don't hold your breath.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
What the book in the middle on the bottom Serious Sam?

Ecchi Boy

Reaction score
Country
United States
*Brofist* I see all the Nejimaki thar. You make me proud Sam.
Thanks I love Nakayama's work since Traumeister, I am waiting for Kokuzawa's new work pls don't fail me Kodansha :gwah

---------- Post added September 06, 2014 at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was September 04, 2014 at 11:13 AM ----------

Look what came in the mail:

Ecchi Boy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Update: Just got these

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I was cleaning my collection today and thought: why not? :D
The majority of them is in Portuguese; Nisekoi, Tegami Bachi and SAO are in English.
I have Nisekoi fanbooks in Japanese, but my actual first manga in Japanese is on the way, I post the photo here later.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Any extras in those Hero Academia volumes?

Ecchi Boy

Reaction score
Country
United States

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Awesome! I wanted Keijo and Soul Eater Soul Art 2 so badly... Maybe in the future... Anyways...
I left my collection in Brazil, but I'm already building a decent one here in the US. XD