Theory - Zeldris’ Original Power | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Zeldris’ Original Power

martezwb

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Any theories or ideas on what Zeldris’ original power is?

sobreno

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
I will just wait next week to find it out.

Honestly tho, I have no idea what his original magic power is but I hope it is something haxed.

martezwb

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will just wait next week to find it out.

Honestly tho, I have no idea what his original magic power is but I hope it is something haxed.
I agree for me besides knowing Meliodas’ innate magic ability, Zel has also been up there for me cause I just felt it DK’s power wasn’t the only thing

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Probably works like what the head of the Shinigami used to beat Ywach. It's definitely darkness based. The ability to cut through anything is Arthurs Mythological power so that probably not it.

Aldan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Considering its name (God) it is probably a magic which ignores all obstacles, augmenting his power by destroying all other magics. Hence why he could effortlessly no diff a powered up Drole, his attacks completely neutralise any magic or physical defence which the enemy puts up.

GreedHunt

Reaction score
Country
Spain
It being described as a "spear" it's pretty interesting, maybe it's the ability to be able to cut everything as it has already been said. That combined with God which is described as "the strongest shield" could make a deadly combo.

Hopefully it's something impressive. It has to be in order for him to keep up with Ludociel's ridiculous power level.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Considering its name (God) it is probably a magic which ignores all obstacles, augmenting his power by destroying all other magics. Hence why he could effortlessly no diff a powered up Drole, his attacks completely neutralise any magic or physical defence which the enemy puts up.
He sealed Drole's magic.

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
It'd have a dimensional effect like:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
No idea on what it could be but my guess is that it will be something that the demon king disliked. The demon king made a big deal about meliodas being the only one that could take his throne and also about meliodas' innate magic.

Not sure if its due to a mistranslation but the chapter's final notes refer to the demon king powers zeldris got and his innate magic as contradictory forces...

Ok, came up with a guess regarding zeldris' power.... Maybe it relates to how he got his nickname "executioner"? Maybe a sort of one hit kill technique.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm going to take the editor's note with a pinch of salt, but if it is true, there are some interesting implications.

The editor's note references the two magics as contradictory forces, with one translation evoking the strongest shield and strongest spear comparison, which relates to the concept of Immovable Object and Unstoppable Force. Ruler makes him an Immovable Object, so, obviously, his magic must be the Unstoppable Force.

Seeing the Masters jump back, I assume the magic doesn't discriminate.

GreaterForce

Reaction score
Country
England
I honestly have no idea? I'll take a guess that works with all the known variables though.

Maybe it works by sending blades or particles of darkness to assault the area around him at a molecular level, ruining all living tissue in the area including his own body. In essence, it doesn't discriminate, which is why the Masters were quick to jump away lest they be caught in it. The Demon Kings magic acts as a shield, allowing him to remain uneffected by his own power, which is why he can only use it in tandem with "The Demon King". This also offers an explanation as to why Zel didn't use it earlier; it would also severely harm and kill his allies. It'd also justify the title of the next Chapter perfectly, what with the ability being darkness oriented.

martezwb

Reaction score
Country
United States
I honestly have no idea? I'll take a guess that works with all the known variables though.

Maybe it works by sending blades or particles of darkness to assault the area around him at a molecular level, ruining all living tissue in the area including his own body. In essence, it doesn't discriminate, which is why the Masters were quick to jump away lest they be caught in it. The Demon Kings magic acts as a shield, allowing him to remain uneffected by his own power, which is why he can only use it in tandem with "The Demon King". This also offers an explanation as to why Zel didn't use it earlier; it would also severely harm and kill his allies. It'd also justify the title of the next Chapter perfectly, what with the ability being darkness oriented.
I like this theory very much and art wise I feel that it'd look amazing
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I genuinely feel that Zel’s magic will share some likeness to Mel’s innate ability but it won’t be obvious. Zel’s magic I feel can be considered a close second to Mel’s when it comes to how dangerous it is but I do feel it’s not as destructive and the fact that the last page of chapter 286 stated that his power and the DK’s are contradictory forces but in a way maybe they complement it each other

JOA20

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

That sounds interesting.

I think the "contradictory forces" stuff is about how Zeldris wields both the strongest shield and the strongest spear. One can't have a spear that can pierce through any defense and a shield that can't be pierced by any spear.
矛盾 is a japanese word for "paradox" and is composed from​
"spear" and​
"shield".​

MasniBog

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Firstly his ability is called "spear"so spears have longer range in malee combat ,his power probably has some ranged or distance type attacks too which is why Chandler and Cusack jumped behind.
So my guess is he gets some type of darkness spear looking weapon which can pierce really fast(one of reason why Zeldris is fastest swordsmen in demon clan) and can be used for long range attacks in similar way javelins are used.

Last edited:

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Firstly his ability is called "spear"so spears have longer range in malee combat ,his power probably has some ranged or distance type attacks too which is why Chandler and Cusack jumped behind.
So my guess is he gets some type of darkness spear looking weapon which can pierce really fast(one of reason why Zeldris is fastest swordsmen in demon clan) and can be used for long range attacks in similar way javelins are used.
That was just a "metaphorical" expression, as The Ruler itself was called "the strongest shield", so your theory is invalid!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think that Zeldris OG Magic is simply whatever the opposite of inversion is! In other words, the "Offensive" aspect of The Ruler.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think that Zeldris OG Magic is simply whatever the opposite of inversion is! In other words, the "Offensive" aspect of The Ruler.
If you wanted to stretch it, Combo Star would be that, as attacking successfully fortifies your future attacks.

That said, you can't really inverse an inversion. That's just...regular stuff happening as intended.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What do you think about it now that's been revealed? I like it but I find that it looks too much like a special technique and not an ability. I hope he'll show more versatility with it.

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
What do you think about it now that's been revealed? I like it but I find that it looks too much like a special technique and not an ability. I hope he'll show more versatility with it.
I don't like that he must remain immobile to do ON.

But beside that, it is an okay magic power.