Group - Group C Battle Royale | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group C Battle Royale

Which 4 Characters advance to the next round?

• Ajeel Ramal

Votes: 46 76.7%
  • Jura Neekis

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Juvia Lockser

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Kagura Mikazuchi

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 56 93.3%
  • Lucy Heartfilia

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Mard Geer Tartarus

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Mirajane Strauss

Votes: 26 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Charging Lightning~

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So you think Ajeel won't get major damage from Juvia's attack while he did get major damage when he was hit by Erza's small water blade? Ajeel will scream in pain once Juvia attacks him. It's pretty logic.
Like I said before, the water from the Neptune sword wasn't what injured him directly, it only caused him to be vulnerable to the force of Erza's sword.... Water makes Ajeel vulnerable to attacks that he is normally immune to, it doesn't injure him. Unless you have proof that says otherwise, Ajeel is still a normal human being. Getting wet isn't going to injure or kill him.

Either way, I don't see why this is relevant. Even if Juvia's attacks could kill Ajeel, what exactly is stopping Ajeel from dodging them/one shotting her before she attacks??

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
@XXEliteXXAceXX
How does Kagura outclass Wahl in speed and Dimaria in skill? Iirc, she didn't attack wahl himself but simply cut his rockets after he launched them but before they exploded. There's zero basis for comparing their speed (considering Wahl was perfectly fine keeping up with Laxus). Well, except I'm forgetting some exchange they had. Same goes for the claim that she's more skilled than Dimaria. Where does that come from? She parried an attack. That doesn't equate to being better.

Also, claiming Kagura and Dimaria are close in power just because Dimaria didn't OhKO Kagura doesn't fit. Dimaria said Kagura wasn't bad, because the spriggans generally considered Ishgar mages to be fodder, when they actually see someone who isn't, they get generous with their comments, until they get pissed off at least. Remember Ajeel in Alvarez? He praised FT mages and Gray who managed to freeze him but it all had zero effect. No, it doesn't equate to losing the battle but if Kagura was already getting overwhelmed just by Dimaria's prescence, then that's saying a lot. Dimaria wasn't even trying.
Kagura did have the chance but then Jellal had to save her against Neinhart. You mentioned Jellal pushing her away like it was a hindrance when he was actually saving her life.

Erza talking that way doesn't mean they're equals. Erza is a FT Mage, their modus operandi is to believe even when it doesn't seem logical. We're talking about the same person who thought Natsu would be fine going up against Zeref, spriggans and a million strong army and it wasn't because she was aware of FDKM and Igneel's MP.

Dimaria is a swordsman. It's rather natural for her to compliment a fellow one especially if said person blocked an attack.

You can't say 'the only reason Erza beat them is because of PoF'. It's possible because Erza is that strong. Doesn't matter what would've happened if Erza didn't win. Hiro made a statement there when he allowed Erza beat both Kagura and Minerva, statement simply being they're not equals in the slightest.

Maybe Kagura can beat a spriggan with some help, but only if said help us someone stronger than her. Match her with anyone weaker and they lose. That's where the difference is. When spriggans fight the likes of Erza, Laxus, Jellal etc they don't just compliment them, they state their magic/ability is ridiculous. Those people show things beyond the spriggans comprehension. They show attacks/feats that make spriggans jaw drop. For Kagura, what you have is a not bad. They don't consider her outstanding or incredibly powerful, but that she's not fodder. There's a pretty big difference.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I'm not saying the attack is hype... We've already seen it so it is a feat. I'm saying the power of it is unknown; therefore, anything that we say about it would just be hype. It could have killed Natsu and Gray or it might have not even been able to kill Sting and Rogue. My point here is that we don't know just how effective it really was. Knowing that Mard Geer was capable of lying, this situation is very similar to Zeref telling Natsu that if he dies, then Natsu dies. We simply don't know.
We do know its capabilities, it can destroy anyone who is hit by it. We didn't saw this happening because Gray could disable it. But still, it doesn't seem as hype to me since its capabilities are literally stated, plus the spell was shown. Even without Memento Mori, Mard Geer will win this battle royale without a doubt. There is no way how Kagura could solo him.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
We do know its capabilities, it can destroy anyone who is hit by it. We didn't saw this happening because Gray could disable it. But still, it doesn't seem as hype to me since its capabilities are literally stated, plus the spell was shown. Even without Memento Mori, Mard Geer will win this battle royale without a doubt. There is no way how Kagura could solo him.
Moreover Mard himself mentioned it was his best curse.This proves that this curse was stronger than any other curses used by Mard.

Hawkgye

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
As for me top seeded in this royal will be laxus he boasts a lot a power ,immense amount of strength, speed and durability... So laxus is the man to beat in this royal so I think he would go first and secondly....mard geer since he has memonto mori curse which could decimate his opponents and his etherious form is also powerful...thirdly...Ajeel he is a way too powerful for others to handle except the top two and seeing that he easily overpowered erza.he could be easily hurt by juvia considering sands weakness to water but juvia would be taken out by someone else gajeel will have no problem qualifying so..he is the one going third and finally it will mirajane as she is hyped to have the power level same as erza and faster...with her Satan soul and with her takeover mirasayla form hmshe could control..anyone with macro except for the Mard beer...Lucy is the one I would have opted but in case of thinking she will summon CSK and he can only be in the human world for less amount of time so if others dodge his attacks then the attacks and summoning of CSK goes for nothing....so she is ranked last as all will dodge the attacks of CSK... 5th will be jura neekis and 6th will be kagura and 7th will be juvia lockster followed by Lucy..as 8th...

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Laxus is obviously the strongest person in this match. He was able to defeat Hades with a simple lightning dragon's jaw. This was after having fought Wahl, a Spriggan 12 with the capacity to cast Etherion, during which he was under the effects of the MBPs causing his organs to fail. Had Laxus been at full power and was using the attacks he used against Ajeel or Wahl, he would have likely oneshotted Hades. Out of anyone in this match, Laxus has tanked the most powerful attacks and his attacks have taken out the most impressive enemies.

Ajeel is a Spriggan 12. Brandish was stated to have more magical power than anyone Fairy Tail has ever met, and Ajeel was stated to have around the same power as that. Sand World is probably the largest AoE attack in this series outside of Ikusa-Tsunagi's slash, and it is easily larger than Alegria and CSK's cube feat due to the fact that the entire spell is larger in AoE than the entire town of magnolia, and cube is only a fraction of magnolia's size.

Mard Geer has decent durability being able to withstand a flurry of attacks from DF Natsu. I don't consider this to be Spriggan level durability though, as DF Natsu during Tartarus arc was probably equivalent to GMG Laxus. Mard Geer hyped Momento Mori as being capable of killing Zeref, but Zeref denied that hype when he burned Mard Geer's book saying that Mard doesn't have what it takes. Other than that, we can say that Momento Mori is probably a fairly powerful spell. It's not the most powerful attack in this match-up though. Stuff like Galaxia Blade has the potential to cancel it, and Laxus' attacks would still have taken out more powerful opponents than Momento Mori even if the spell did work.

CSK is capable of sealing Mard Geer temporarily in stone with Galaxia Blade. This is a double edged blade because once CSK is gone, Lucy is basically left defenseless. Still, CSK can probably face off Mard Geer until the other contestants are eliminated so long as Lucy doesn't try to cast Urano Metria in the mean time. If we don't count Lucy using CSK, then the next best contestant should be Jura. Jura is the next strongest on this list by feats being able to push GMG Laxus to an high difficulty, as well as being the 5th ranked Wizard Saint and reputed to be a match for Gildarts.

Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
@XXEliteXXAceXX
How does Kagura outclass Wahl in speed and Dimaria in skill? Iirc, she didn't attack wahl himself but simply cut his rockets after he launched them but before they exploded. There's zero basis for comparing their speed (considering Wahl was perfectly fine keeping up with Laxus). Well, except I'm forgetting some exchange they had. Same goes for the claim that she's more skilled than Dimaria. Where does that come from? She parried an attack. That doesn't equate to being better.

Also, claiming Kagura and Dimaria are close in power just because Dimaria didn't OhKO Kagura doesn't fit. Dimaria said Kagura wasn't bad, because the spriggans generally considered Ishgar mages to be fodder, when they actually see someone who isn't, they get generous with their comments, until they get pissed off at least. Remember Ajeel in Alvarez? He praised FT mages and Gray who managed to freeze him but it all had zero effect. No, it doesn't equate to losing the battle but if Kagura was already getting overwhelmed just by Dimaria's prescence, then that's saying a lot. Dimaria wasn't even trying.
Kagura did have the chance but then Jellal had to save her against Neinhart. You mentioned Jellal pushing her away like it was a hindrance when he was actually saving her life.

Erza talking that way doesn't mean they're equals. Erza is a FT Mage, their modus operandi is to believe even when it doesn't seem logical. We're talking about the same person who thought Natsu would be fine going up against Zeref, spriggans and a million strong army and it wasn't because she was aware of FDKM and Igneel's MP.

Dimaria is a swordsman. It's rather natural for her to compliment a fellow one especially if said person blocked an attack.

You can't say 'the only reason Erza beat them is because of PoF'. It's possible because Erza is that strong. Doesn't matter what would've happened if Erza didn't win. Hiro made a statement there when he allowed Erza beat both Kagura and Minerva, statement simply being they're not equals in the slightest.

Maybe Kagura can beat a spriggan with some help, but only if said help us someone stronger than her. Match her with anyone weaker and they lose. That's where the difference is. When spriggans fight the likes of Erza, Laxus, Jellal etc they don't just compliment them, they state their magic/ability is ridiculous. Those people show things beyond the spriggans comprehension. They show attacks/feats that make spriggans jaw drop. For Kagura, what you have is a not bad. They consider her outstanding or incredibly powerful, but that she's not fodder. There's a pretty big difference.
When did I say Kagura is better or had more skills? That is twisting my words. I literally repeated myself that Kagura is a match for Dimaria and Wahl... Meaning she should be on par. What does Wahl's Missles exploding have anything to do with this? The fact is that it explodes upon impact and Dimaria was able to cut it before it did any damage.

Who said Dimaria would kill Kagura in one hit? What proof do you have that Kagura would have lost? Those are such baseless claims. If anything, Kagura demonstrated that she is Spriggan Tier. Yes, I remember Ajeel. Your point? Gray and Natsu have the power to solo Ajeel so the fact that he praised them doesn't mean anything. If anything, that is a counter-statement to your own post. Dimaria was barely trying but what about Kagura? Instead of looking from one perspective, look at the other too. The battle was just getting started. Kagura being surprised by Dimaria's power doesn't mean she would lose. By that logic, Team Natsu would lose against Ajeel and Dimaria because they were shocked at their power levels. But, we already saw Natsu and Erza fight a Spriggan. And the outcome? Jellal pushing Kagura away prevented Kagura from getting hurt. It doesn't mean she would have been killed by that attack or died. Let's face it, the battle was inconclusive. To label that as Kagura being weaker than the Spriggans is like saying Erza is weaker as well for being saved by Jellal + Kagura against Neinhart.

What is your point? Kagura and Erza have not shown any feats that would make us believe that they are not even close in power. Please show me proof from this arc that would support such a claim. Kagura literally has feats that matches Erza.

It's not natural to compliment in a battle... The fact that she did just means her opponent is worthy. Ajeel did the same to Erza. Wahl did the same to Laxus. But we didn't see Dimaria do the same to Wendy/Chelia...

It was PoF though. She was injured and then got back up talking about the power of her Nakama. If that isn't PoF, please give me another definition.

Not necessarily. Erza would have lost against Ajeel without the help from Jupiter Cannon. If Kagura had the same advantage, is it possible that she could defeat a Spriggan? Yes. When did a Spriggan say that their opponents' powers are ridiculous? Sure, the reason why Erza, Laxus, and Jellal's attacks make the Spriggans cower in fear because those were their finishing moves. Kagura never had the chance. She barely even warmed up in her fights considering she didn't use her magic at all.

Moreover Mard himself mentioned it was his best curse.This proves that this curse was stronger than any other curses used by Mard.
Well, I'm glad you guys know how powerful the spell is. So you're saying it can defeat Zeref? How about Acnologia? Does this mean Mard Geer can one-shot Current Natsu? In that case, Mard Geer is the strongest character in the whole series except against Gray and Silver. You guys can rank these characters by hype but as far as I'm concerned, feats are more important.

Last edited:

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kagura hasn't shown anything that puts her on the level of Spriggans. Intercepting Wahl's casual attacks doesn't mean anything when Lucy in her Sagittarius stardress intercepted a lot of Ajeel's attacks. Blcoking one attack from a non serious Dimaria also doesn't mean anything. At best, you could say that her swordsmanship skills are on par with Dimaria's or even better, but that doesn't amount to anything when Dimaria's swordsmanship isn't where her true power stems from. Dimaria made Kagura crap herself just by releasing her mp in her BASE MODE and also could have oneshot Kagura at anytime if she actually wanted to.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well, I'm glad you guys know how powerful the spell is. So you're saying it can defeat Zeref? How about Acnologia? Does this mean Mard Geer can one-shot Current Natsu? In that case, Mard Geer is the strongest character in the whole series except against Gray and Silver. You guys can rank these characters by hype but as far as I'm concerned, feats are more important.
No, just as I stated, Memento Mori didn't have effect on Gray since he demonized his body. Memento Mori won't work on demons and probably won't work against any immortal being as well. But no one in this battle is immortal. And yes, I believe Memento Mori could easily destroy any human being.

Mard Geer is just like Di Maria, he can easily kill his opponents. But Di Maria can do this without any limitations, while Memento Mori is limited in AoE.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kagura hasn't shown anything that puts her on the level of Spriggans. Intercepting Wahl's casual attacks doesn't mean anything when Lucy in her horologium stardress intercepted a lot of Ajeel's attacks. Blcoking one attack from a non serious Dimaria also doesn't mean anything. At best, you could say that her swordsmanship skills are on par with Dimaria's or even better, but that doesn't amount to anything when Dimaria's swordsmanship isn't where her true power stems from. Dimaria made Kagura crap herself just by releasing her mp in her BASE MODE and also could have oneshot Kagura at anytime if she actually wanted to.
Kagura was surprised by Dimaria's power that's it. She was barely trying herself. What makes you think that Kagura would lose? She displays an attack power, speed, and MP close to that of a Spriggan. That is my point. Dimaria wasn't serious but neither was Kagura. The fight didn't even start. Hiro Mashima drew the panel of Kagura being surprised to show us that Dimaria is strong, not that Kagura is weak.

This is a severe downplay of Kagura. Stop with these nonsense.

Where did Lucy's Horologium stop any of Wahl's attacks like Kagura did? Kagura showed her speed when she sliced all of Wahl's missiles and she also showed reflex/skills/power by defending against Dimaria's surprise attack. The fact that Dimaria was not using her God Soul doesn't mean anything because Kagura didn't use her Gravity Magic or Archenemy.

No, just as I stated, Memento Mori didn't have effect on Gray since he demonized his body. Memento Mori won't work on demons and probably won't work against any immortal being as well. But no one in this battle is immortal. And yes, I believe Memento Mori could easily destroy any human being.

Mard Geer is just like Di Maria, he can easily kill his opponents. But Di Maria can do this without any limitations, while Memento Mori is limited in AoE.
Okay, so tell me how strong Momento Mori is compared to other attacks we've seen from characters like Erza, Jellal, Laxus, and Natsu. It's all hype. We have literally no idea how much damage it could do if Gray didn't negate it.

Last edited:

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kagura was surprised by Dimaria's power that's it. She was barely trying herself. What makes you think that Kagura would lose. She displays an attack power, speed, and MP close to that of a Spriggan. That is my point. Dimaria wasn't serious but neither was Kagura. The fight didn't even start. Hiro Mashima drew the panel of Kagura being surprised to show us that Dimaria is strong, not that Kagura is weak.

This is a severe downplay of Kagura. Stop with these nonsense.

Where did Lucy's Horologium stop any of Wahl's attacks like Kagura did? Kagura showed her speed when she sliced all of Wahl's missiles and she also showed reflex/skills/power by defending against Dimaria's surprise attack. The fact that Dimaria was not using her God Soul doesn't mean anything because Kagura didn't use her Gravity Magic or Archenemy.
What makes me think Kagura would lose to Dimaria??? Are you listening to yourself right now? Gee, I don't know, maybe the fact that Kagura doesn't have a counter to Dimaria's age stop? If Dimaria wanted to, she could have sliced of Kagura's head when they had their mini scuffle, but Dimaria apparently likes to toy with her female opponents first instead of just killing them.

"Where did Lucy's Horlogium stop any of Wahl's attacks like Kagura did?". Lol, I meant Saggitarius, so I'll have to go and fix that in my previous post. I never said that Lucy stopped Wahl's attacks though, so I don't know why your bringing that up.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I think Kagura might be close to Erza level, but that is pure speculation that isn't backed by feats (due to a lack of them). For instance Kagura doesn't have a single offensive feat in the ballpark of Erza's Nakagami Starlight - which is a move that can finish off a Spriggan. Nor does Kagura have feats of endurance even close to Erza's. These extreme's or maximums that Erza has is what makes her better. Secondary to that is her versatility, which gives her a chance even against Ajeel... while Kagura wouldn't have water/wind swords.

I basically see the Kagura/Erza comparison in the same way I see Gray/Gajeel/Natsu. Gray and Gajeel have portrayals and have shown to fight evenly with or alongside base Natsu when things aren't serious. But neither Gray or Gajeel have anything close to a base roar of Natsu's yet, let alone FDK. That is why Natsu is above them - because of those extremes (powerful attacks). Gray/Gajeel would need feats to prove they are Natsu level, regardless of any portrayal, simply because Natsu's feats are extraordinary. This applies to Kagura's abilities with respect to Erza.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Okay, so tell me how strong Momento Mori is compared to other attacks we've seen from characters like Erza, Jellal, Laxus, and Natsu. It's all hype. We have literally no idea how much damage it could do if Gray didn't negate it.
Stronger than any attack that Erza, Jellal, Laxus and Natsu have shown up to now. That's why I've ranked Laxus below Mard Geer in this battle royale.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Stronger than any attack that Erza, Jellal, Laxus and Natsu have shown up to now. That's why I've ranked Laxus below Mard Geer in this battle royale.
That's a lot of hype to be giving Mard Geer here. I'm not sure how Momento Mori works, but based on the destruction it cause I place it around the level of Hades Amaterasu 100.

I don't believe Mard's hype though, because to kill Zeref you need to have the same kind of fire power that IgNatsu had. Mard isn't anywhere near that level.

As for Laxus v Mard, I doubt Mard gets the chance to cast Momento Mori as Laxus won't be a sitting duck.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Kagura might be close to Erza level, but that is pure speculation that isn't backed by feats (due to a lack of them). For instance Kagura doesn't have a single offensive feat in the ballpark of Erza's Nakagami Starlight - which is a move that can finish off a Spriggan. Nor does Kagura have feats of endurance even close to Erza's. These extreme's or maximums that Erza has is what makes her better. Secondary to that is her versatility, which gives her a chance even against Ajeel... while Kagura wouldn't have water/wind swords.

I basically see the Kagura/Erza comparison in the same way I see Gray/Gajeel/Natsu. Gray and Gajeel have portrayals and have shown to fight evenly with or alongside base Natsu when things aren't serious. But neither Gray or Gajeel have anything close to a base roar of Natsu's yet, let alone FDK. That is why Natsu is above them - because of those extremes (powerful attacks). Gray/Gajeel would need feats to prove they are Natsu level, regardless of any portrayal, simply because Natsu's feats are extraordinary. This applies to Kagura's abilities with respect to Erza.
I agree with this statement. I think by portrayal Kagura is on Erza's level, but because there is no feats to back that up there is no way to know. I find myself constantly struggling with how i feel about characters power levels in this series. For example i believe Kagura by portrayal is on par with Erza, but on the other hand i believe Jura has been left behind. I think that because overall i believe the Spriggan 12 are portrayed mostly as equals. Meaning that if Erza can hold her own against Ajeel, and Jura with the help of 3 higher ranked Wizard Saints pretty much gets wrecked against God Serena, then i conclude that Erza>Jura, and in turn based on leadership and my interpretation i have to view it as Kagura>Jura, even though i feel that is likely wrong. Of course if Mashima were to say God Serena>Ajeel, then that entire argument comes crashing down haha. I think this is bound to happen especially in FT, where honestly POF(or whatever you call it) is a legit factor in who wins fights. I mean look at what Mashima said about Mira and Erza, he is essentially saying that Erza's determination and grit are more powerful than whatever disadvantage(i don't see one personally) she has against Mira. I am not a big fan of POF for this reason, not only does it unbalance power levels, but it also is outright cheesy at times. Don't get me wrong determination can be a factor in a battle, but i feel like Mashima at times uses it as an excuse to just say "this character wins, don't ask questions" lol.

Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Momento Mori is not stronger than any attack that can take out a Spriggan. Even if it worked on Natsu and Gray, it wouldn't be as impressive as an attack that takes out Wahl, Ajeel, or Jacob. Natsu and Gray combined wouldn't have rivaled a Spriggan back in Tartarus, and this is under the assumption that Momento Mori wouldn't just treat Natsu like a demon. Other than that Momento Mori is pure hype, and it's hype isn't even greater than that of Wahl's Etherion. Wahl's etherion pretty much has the exact same hype of being able to completely erase their target, only it would have worked on current Laxus. Even then, Laxus' jutsu shiki was a potential defense against that.

I see Momento Mori basically as the huge nuke version of Zero's Genesis Zero.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Laxus oneshot Ajeel, Juvia and Lucy.
Others can protect from his attack.
One of last mage should be defeated in battle, and it is Kagura, she is most weakness in defens.

Laxus
Mard
Jura
Mira

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
When did I say Kagura is better or had more skills? That is twisting my words. I literally repeated myself that Kagura is a match for Dimaria and Wahl... Meaning she should be on par. What does Wahl's Missles exploding have anything to do with this? The fact is that it explodes upon impact and Dimaria was able to cut it before it did any damage.

Who said Dimaria would kill Kagura in one hit? What proof do you have that Kagura would have lost? Those are such baseless claims. If anything, Kagura demonstrated that she is Spriggan Tier. Yes, I remember Ajeel. Your point? Gray and Natsu have the power to solo Ajeel so the fact that he praised them doesn't mean anything. If anything, that is a counter-statement to your own post. Dimaria was barely trying but what about Kagura? Instead of looking from one perspective, look at the other too. The battle was just getting started. Kagura being surprised by Dimaria's power doesn't mean she would lose. By that logic, Team Natsu would lose against Ajeel and Dimaria because they were shocked at their power levels. But, we already saw Natsu and Erza fight a Spriggan. And the outcome? Jellal pushing Kagura away prevented Kagura from getting hurt. It doesn't mean she would have been killed by that attack or died. Let's face it, the battle was inconclusive. To label that as Kagura being weaker than the Spriggans is like saying Erza is weaker as well for being saved by Jellal + Kagura against Neinhart.

What is your point? Kagura and Erza have not shown any feats that would make us believe that they are not even close in power. Please show me proof from this arc that would support such a claim. Kagura literally has feats that matches Erza.

It's not natural to compliment in a battle... The fact that she did just means her opponent is worthy. Ajeel did the same to Erza. Wahl did the same to Laxus. But we didn't see Dimaria do the same to Wendy/Chelia...

It was PoF though. She was injured and then got back up talking about the power of her Nakama. If that isn't PoF, please give me another definition.

Not necessarily. Erza would have lost against Ajeel without the help from Jupiter Cannon. If Kagura had the same advantage, is it possible that she could defeat a Spriggan? Yes. When did a Spriggan say that their opponents' powers are ridiculous? Sure, the reason why Erza, Laxus, and Jellal's attacks make the Spriggans cower in fear because those were their finishing moves. Kagura never had the chance. She barely even warmed up in her fights considering she didn't use her magic at all.

No not that much.Momento Mori is the third strongest spell in this battle royal.Only laxus's spells and ant pit or sand world are stronger.Nor did say i say that it can take down current Natsu,Jellal or laxus and leave alone Zeref and Acnologia.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
When did I say Kagura is better or had more skills? That is twisting my words. I literally repeated myself that Kagura is a match for Dimaria and Wahl... Meaning she should be on par.
Yes, you did. That was literally the first sentence in your prior reply.
I never said Kagura was stronger than Wahl or Dimaria. I clearly stated that Kagura outclassed Wahl in speed and overwhelmed Dimaria in skills.
What does Wahl's Missles exploding have anything to do with this? The fact is that it explodes upon impact and Dimaria was able to cut it before it did any damage.
A lot. You're taking kagura's feat there out of context. She didn't tank the missiles. She destroyed them and moved before the explosion. Again, a reference to her speed not strength (and certainly zero meaning if compared to Wahl since that was just an attack). You said that the missiles were as powerful or even more powerful than those used against Laxus, thereby implying Kagura is within that range of strength since she destroyed the missiles but again, the destructive ability of the missiles are irrelevant here if Kagura had already moved to a safe location. If she had cut and tanked the missiles, then your statement would hold more water.

You're misunderstanding me. I said the spriggans are used to effortlessly defeating their opponents so when they meet someone who actually doesn't get KO instantly, they get impressed. Especially since they thought Ishgar was basically fodder mages. Baseless to claim Gray is as strong as a spriggan. We've actually not seen anything to imply that. It's just the general belief since he should be Natsu's equal but he has to prove himself first. My point was that gray used his Ice DS move which Ajeel shrugged off even though he praised them. Natsu could do so yeah, but he'd likely need FDKM. Anyway, that's beside the point.
Kagura never demonstrated she's spriggan tier. I mean, freaking Wendy was able to kick Dimaria back. Does that make Wendy spriggan tier? And keep in mind that Wendy actually gave Dimaria a bruise. Something Kagura never did to a spriggan even though she had the opportunity against two.
Looking from the other perspective just shows us Kagura quaking just from Dimaria showing up. Nope, that's not my logic. I clearly stated that it doesn't mean Kagura would automatically lose. Besides, their reaction was rather different. Team Natsu were indeed shocked at Brandish's MP, but note that there was no mention of any of them being that overwhelmed. Gray commented that Ajeel was better than the old man, Natsu held his arm with Igneel's Mp etc. we literally have no panel of them being as overwhelmed as Kagura was.
Didn't say she would've been killed in one attack, but you're posing it as though Jellal got in the way when he was literally saving her. My point was that you said she had no chance to show what she's got but she faced two spriggans. First time, we have her being overwhelmed by Dimaria's MP. Next, we have Jellal jumping in to save her from Neinhart's attack. Inferences can be made from these.

There's one, Erza beat Kagura and then Minerva. This is just like Laxus beating Wahl and then beating Hades afterwards and someone claims either of these two are on laxus' level. If they were, he would've lost to the other.

It is, especially when the person complimenting believes they're superior. Dimaria didn't do the same because Wendy started by kicking her in the face. She got pissed. Naturally you don't compliment someone for kicking you in the face. And well, Wendy managing to kick (and bruise) Dimaria goes over Kagura being complimented when she never managed to do anything.

It's irrelevant what it was. If Erza has PoF, it's part of her strengths. Why didn't Kagura think of her nakama and all to overcome Erza/Minerva?
You realize that PoF doesn't actually mean Erza gets power from her nakama or an external source? The power is still coming from her. She simply pushes herself beyond her limits and does her utmost to emerge victorious for the sake of her friends. No nakama was feeding her MP or anything so the credit still completely goes to Erza.

Well, maybe, but my point stands. Jupiter cannon is weaker than Erza. She could already tank it when she was leagues weaker than she currently is. Ajeel himself deflected it with his bare hands before thus showing its actual damage to him is little. In the end, it was that effective because Erza had already done substantial damage to him prior and at she still needed to attack again to KO him. Well, you answered the question yourself. Again, they got there because they were constantly matching or keeping up with the spriggans until they used their finishing moves. No one had to save them in the midst of battle unlike Kagura.

Maybe Kagura can, but that's if she has someone stronger than her in battle. She's the support not the lead. That's the difference. Just look at the battle against neinhart. She gets saved (twice btw) and Jellal gets stuck underwater because of that so she brings her back. She attacks to remove the obstruction (Simon's as historia). Mashima has her on the background when he would've had her up front or fighting equally.

Status
Not open for further replies.