Hangout - Akatsuki no Yona Hangout Thread | Page 27 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Akatsuki no Yona Hangout Thread

How do you prefer the Spoiler/Chapter thread set-up?

• Different threads for each spoiler/chapter (current set up)

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2 constant threads (1 for spoiler, 1 for chapter) to allow for continued discussion

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (suggest in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aniela

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Awww yeah I agree. Like our views sometimes don't match about AnY, but I am glad we can talk to each other in a civil way and learn things from each other. Going to miss you guys once AnY ends. :(
Well, hopefully it will go on for years still. Even if it's entering the final arc now, it can't be shorter than Xing. And hopefully it'll be more entertaining ^.^

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Well, hopefully it will go on for years still. Even if it's entering the final arc now, it can't be shorter than Xing. And hopefully it'll be more entertaining ^.^
yesss I hope it still goes on and maybe a spinoff? On one of the characters? Like what Zeno did all those years in between.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
MangaHelpers Manga Awards 2018 is live on March 28th! Please anticipate it! :blai

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Just on the spoiler threads, we'll keep it the same for now (results are even). I'll check back on this topic after a few chapters.

Also, where do you guys read new chapters from? I usually read scans from MF/MS/Mangasee... but it seemed those were much later.

Hll

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
I am thinking of starting this series again, how often does this series get updated, and is it nearing its conclusion?

Aniela

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Just on the spoiler threads, we'll keep it the same for now (results are even). I'll check back on this topic after a few chapters.

Also, where do you guys read new chapters from? I usually read scans from MF/MS/Mangasee... but it seemed those were much later.
We usually read spoilers/first translation via tumblr. It's not super convenient, since you've got to read translation and scans in Korean in separate windows, but it works well enough if you're impatient.

I am thinking of starting this series again, how often does this series get updated, and is it nearing its conclusion?
It gets updated every two weeks, but there are breaks every now and then, like this one that's ending now. Usually you'll get three chapters then a break, but it's not always how it works. As about conclusion, nothing official has been announced, but the story does feel like it's entering its final/close-to-final arc.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Okay I think we'll trial the continual threads.

There'll be one for upcoming chapter spoilers, and the other for current chapter. Just keep in mind that when Edited Mangas are out, discussion will have to move from the spoiler to chapter thread.

lindananahayashida

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
tbh.. i love this manga.. n hate it at the same time.. why cant it be a weekly manga instead?! i just hope to finish it before i kick the bucket..

i swear it..
1.akatsuki no yona
2.skip beat!

these two are such great mangas that i want to read it what happens in future right now..

if only the writer would tell me the summary how its going to end.. i could rest in peace..

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
tbh.. i love this manga.. n hate it at the same time.. why cant it be a weekly manga instead?! i just hope to finish it before i kick the bucket..

i swear it..
1.akatsuki no yona
2.skip beat!

these two are such great mangas that i want to read it what happens in future right now..

if only the writer would tell me the summary how its going to end.. i could rest in peace..
Yeah AnY is my current fave along with some webtoons I read.

Skip Beat, I am only going to pick that up again after it has ended.

lindananahayashida

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Yeah AnY is my current fave along with some webtoons I read.

Skip Beat, I am only going to pick that up again after it has ended.
its annoying that such great series aren't weekly based.. so far i ended up reading akayona skip beat like 10 times or so (obviously just my favourite parts lol!)

i have a bad feeling that either i myself or the author is going to die before skip beat ends.. hope akayona ends along with AoT in a few years..

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Can anyone recommend some nice romance Shoujo that is current? Have read most of the old ones. It doesn't have to be historical, can even be high school :P.

No one asked but I will recommend some webtoons, not all of these are romance -just to pass time until AnY releases every two weeks:

1) Unordinary
2) Cheese in the trap - I think a lot of you might enjoy this, especially the two main characters. Lead guy is totally atypical.
3) Lookism
4) Untouchable
5) My Boo
6) My Dear Cold Blooded King - this is historical and the lead girl is smart and strong
7) Stories of those around me - this is josei and very realistic
8) Siren's lament
9) Days of Hana

can read them all here, and the creators actually get money per view: https://www.webtoons.com/en/

Last edited:

lindananahayashida

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
*a dimwitted monk fell from (the sky? maybe i forgot the last part of the name)

*(tho it ended.. its my favourite romance manga) relife..

SamuelDean

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Can anyone recommend some nice romance Shoujo that is current? Have read most of the old ones. It doesn't have to be historical, can even be high school :P.

No one asked but I will recommend some webtoons, not all of these are romance -just to pass time until AnY releases every two weeks:

1)I Love Yoo - Lead girl is really cool, loves eating food and in general is much smarter than regular romance leads
2) Unordinary
3) Cheese in the trap - I think a lot of you might enjoy this, especially the two main characters
4) Lookism
5) Untouchable
6) My Boo
7) My Dear Cold Blooded King - this is historical and the lead girl is smart and strong
8) Stories of those around me - this is josei and very realistic

can read them all here, and the creators actually get money per view: https://www.webtoons.com/en/
Have you read the following?

1.Ouran High School Host Club
2.Principal
3.Cantarella
Maybe I know some more later...I don t read so many shojos.

lindananahayashida

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
OMG relife, I love that SO much, last 20-30 chaps had me in tears.
yeah! i just hoped that kaizaki will be able to solve the thing with michiru saiki incident.. but it seemed like that incident got ignored.. i wonder if the author rushed it a bit..

but the ending.. it was very satisfying (aside from the fact that i wanted to see michiru in kaizakis thought one last time in the last chapter) everything was beautiful.. makes it seem like a sequel of the manga is possible (i doubt it tho)..

Maryam mohamed

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
A strory that lacks a strong antagonistic charcater is boring. Up until now, the villains in AnY arent the well developed kind. I’m thinking whether kusanagi is having a hard time writing her villains bec she can only do ‘good’ characters with questionable motives. (Thats why i dont think yona has luck, its just the lack of a strong antagonistic character is the problem).
Soowon was interesting during the the first few years, i thought he would develop into a true antagonistic character, but he stayed neither good nor bad, he was lukewarm. Maybe hes gonna stay lukewarm forever? If he is, he’s never going to be a strong opposition to the MC, meaning yona will stay unopposed—- and thats boring.
Im praying we get a strong villain soon, bec since the romance is resolved, the other thing to keep the story interesting is a juicy conflict. But i cant get my hopes up... bec i have a feeling the future villains will just be like gobi or hiyou, very minor ones and the main thing to resolve is the relationship between the trio. Thats sounding a little boring to me.
As for king il and yuhon, i dont see how making either one of these already dead dudes a villain could possibly be exciting/relevant to the plot unless one of them IS SECRETLY ALIVE and pulling some strings in the background, that would be cool. Their only relevance to the strory is that we get the complete picture of the yuhon-il-soowon relationship dynamics.
THIS IS WHAT I AM SAYINNNNNNNNNG? ONE OF THEM NEEDS TO BE ALIVE....IMAGINE KING IL...THEN WE SEE SOME REVELATIONS. I HAVE SOME THEORY BUT I WILL LEAVE IT OUT
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hmm would have to disagree on these points.

Sure Yona and Hak were being stupid, but Soo-Won is the master of manipulation, who had rendered several characters stupid in this manga because of the same. It's only now that Yona is able to catch on a little and give it back in some ways.

He pretended to be an airhead sometimes, and even showed signs of liking Yona - like giving that hairpin who only people who LIKE someone else give, blushing when Yona said he likes him (yes I know we have been through this argument, and you guys say it's because of his inexperience in love, I don't think so).

http://mangafox.la/manga/akatsuki_no_yona/v01/c001/47.html
http://mangafox.la/manga/akatsuki_no_yona/v01/c001/49.html

Her looking like a woman bothers him apparently. And he would be nervous to fall asleep...what in the world is Yona supposed to think in this case?

Honestly, he was leading Yona on quite a bit, whether intentional or not, we will only know in the end (for example, if Yona didn't see Il's death would Soo-Won marry Yona?)

Stuff like this for example:
http://mangafox.la/manga/akatsuki_no_yona/v01/c001/54.html

Like? Stop being like that and complimenting her hair and showing obvious signs of courting. What else was poor Yona supposed to think? She was never the brightest cookie in the bunch in those days.

http://mangafox.la/manga/akatsuki_no_yona/v01/c001/50.html

Please note...he NEVER flat out refused her. Straight after this confession he gives her a hairpin lol.

Just think of it this way, your friend who you trust and behaves in a way that makes you believe they like your other friend....it's obvious that you would tease them are try to pair them up. You just want their happiness. Soo-Won did deny it, but in a half-serious way in my opinion, and all his actions were saying otherwise. Best friends nag and tease, it's basically what they do when it comes to relationships. It's not Hak's fault that Soo-Won rarely spoke the truth properly to him, or had a big invisible wall around him. Hak just wanted both Soo-Won and Yona's happiness. But what both Hak and Yona got was betrayal. Hak basically idiolized a lie because that was what Soo-Won made him believe.

In real life people like Soo-Won, in my opinion, are seriously the worst, people with two faces. But as a king it works really well and its what Kouka needs. Plus I feel like he is is changing as a person and becoming better too. I want Lily to seal the deal and change him into a decent person forever.

Though it would be interesting for Hak and Yona to discuss about Soo-Won and what they thought of him, versus what happened and what they should do now.
yeah but soowon was always his true self around them, even yona said that she believes that the kindness he showed them wasn't fake. YES SOOWON IS INEXPERIENCED WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE. HE GAVE HER THAT HAIRPIN BESC IT WAS HER BIRTHDAY. HE PUT UP A WALL BESC HE HAD ALL THIS EMOTIONS BUILT UP BUT HE COULDNT TALK TO THEM BECS THERE BOTH AFFILIATED WITH KING IL. I BELIEVE HE STARTED PLOTTING WHEN HE TURNED 15
--- Double Post Merged, ---
So yea let s call it a day...
It was so clearly worded that he would just and only acknowledge Soo Won, if he married Yona...

Most likely.

The thing was that it was not an opinion or even an advice...it was a condition!

Yona is the princess, who was raised oblivious to the world outside, she never experienced much before and Soo Won was raised differently. King Il obviously also stated the fact that Soo Won was not King Hiryuu by avoiding to use the word "no" so in fact...Soo Won s indirect pattern of speech was far more usual than Yona s direct way.

We don t know

Hints?
The fact that he told him no. that he wouldn t want to marry Yona
The fact that he cried on his shoulder and Hak didn t consider it strange.
These are just a few examples!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That is interesting. So Soo Won and King Il are pretty similar...
THANK YOUUUUUUUUU. SOOOOOMEONE SAID IT.
I LOVE HAK, BUT HIS WORDING SOUNDED LIKE HE WOULD ONLY ACKNOWLEDGE HIM IF HE MARRIED YONA.
HE WANTED YONA TO BE HAPPY, THATS WHY HE PAIRED THE 2 UP.
HE KNEW SOOWON KNEW NOTHING OF LOVE OR NEVER MENTIONED LIKING YONA....SOO IT WAS HIS DREAM AND TIME HE WASTED TBH

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Aww this chapter is cute: https://readms.net/r/yona/157.5/5131/1

Also looks like Tae-Woo wasn't fond of Soo-Won from even three years ago :P

And Ju-Doh is pissed because Il made Hak Yona's bodyguard.

yeah but soowon was always his true self around them, even yona said that she believes that the kindness he showed them wasn't fake. YES SOOWON IS INEXPERIENCED WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE. HE GAVE HER THAT HAIRPIN BESC IT WAS HER BIRTHDAY. HE PUT UP A WALL BESC HE HAD ALL THIS EMOTIONS BUILT UP BUT HE COULDNT TALK TO THEM BECS THERE BOTH AFFILIATED WITH KING IL. I BELIEVE HE STARTED PLOTTING WHEN HE TURNED 15
I real don't think he was his true self around them, especially towards the later years. He didn't let anyone in except for those involved in the coup.

Aniela

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Aww this chapter is cute: https://readms.net/r/yona/157.5/5131/1

Also looks like Tae-Woo wasn't fond of Soo-Won from even three years ago :P

And Ju-Doh is pissed because Il made Hak Yona's bodyguard.
I don't know about Tea-Wu, I didn't read it as him disliking Su-won. More like not knowing how to behave or approach him. He got angry after the compliment, but that was perhaps because he didn't think he deserved it, since he lost. Still, Su-won being polite doesn't seem like a strong fundation for malice...

As about Ju-do, I'm 99% certain this was when Su-won decided to include him into his plans :3

Overall I like this extra a lot more than what we're getting in the main storyline... I dunno, maybe that's because nearly all characters involved in it are complex?

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I don't know about Tea-Wu, I didn't read it as him disliking Su-won. More like not knowing how to behave or approach him. He got angry after the compliment, but that was perhaps because he didn't think he deserved it, since he lost. Still, Su-won being polite doesn't seem like a strong fundation for malice...

As about Ju-do, I'm 99% certain this was when Su-won decided to include him into his plans :3

Overall I like this extra a lot more than what we're getting in the main storyline... I dunno, maybe that's because nearly all characters involved in it are complex?
Interesting, I interpreted it as Tae Woo not liking a compliment when he lost and maybe thinking of it as "forced" or "fake", because he is not used to that sort of thing in the Wind Tribe...I don't think it was "malice" but perhaps just not fond of him.