Second Round - Fairy Tail vs. Edens Zero | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Second Round Fairy Tail vs. Edens Zero

Who wins?

• Fairy Tail

• Edens Zero

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Honestly, it's like comparing a book that was passable at the start but completely lost its way later on and becomes a pure comedy at the end.

Against a book that only has a prologue and it's passable.

Quite frankly EZ already have some minor things inside of it that people hated about and others will come up with the time passing ( Judging how the setup is more complicated I can see Hiro having even easier time screwing it up )

I know that I should give Hiro benefit of the doubt and that EZ will be decent ( at least ) whole the time but I won't..

Fairy Tail was passable for few Arcs ( the cracks showed at the end of ToH arc when we saw the first instant of unbreakable spirit in Erza vs Ikaruga ) and even later we got Tartaros Arc ( that was also passable with Erza again being really a sour spot here )

My vote is going for FT I hope that Hiro will prove me wrong and after few arcs, EZ won't go downhill but I'm not willing to give him that benefit of the doubt here.

:grumble

Not really anything to hate about it. The story is fine and setup to something different as he been planning this longer compare to Fairy Tail that originally wasn't going to be longer than it was.

The only people who "hate" on it or want to try criticizing it is only the characters for some remind then of FT characters. That's about it I been hearing, but not onto the story, world-building, etc..

Plus the characters even if they remind you of past series, they are not the same in personality and backstory.

Same thing can be said about Fairy Tail to Rave Master as back then some characters remind them of RM's characters. Though dmdid they act the same as them in every logic? No not really.

Eden's Zero fit the saying of "Don't judge a book by its cover". Some judge it making them remind of FT due to their issues to it and its written by Mashima thinking it be horrible even at the start. Though failed to realize, that when Mashima plan things, he is a great writer apparent with RM and early FT.

I do understand the worry though as others don't want him flaw the series like FT. Though if we were to truly judge a author on his past work on how it go and don't give chances (despite being out of their hands at times due to issues) then that instantly disqualified the authors and creators of Naruto, Bleach, Toriko, Tokyo Ghoul, etc. since we can't trust them again due to how all their final arcs went.

Not saying to praise Mashima like he dims the greatest, but its fair to give second chances to see how they wwork this time around. Cause Mashima has reference in EZ that he seemingly aware of the major issues on FT and is making EZ to work out of them and work better. Just saying in the end.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Those are two reasons not to vote for EZ or FT for that matter.
Jellal is a very likable character though. He doesn't have backlash compare to Elcy being Erza-based. Though you don't judge on appearance thinking they are overall the same. Elcy in the latest chapters is not really like Erza as she is her own character.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jellal is a very likable character though. He doesn't have backlash compare to Elcy being Erza-based. Though you don't judge on appearance thinking they are overall the same. Elcy in the latest chapters is not really like Erza as she is her own character.
No he isn't. He's a moopy, overpowered, uninteresting spot stealer that has not plot of his own with no character arc or resolution.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
No he isn't. He's a moopy, overpowered, uninteresting spot stealer that has not plot of his own with no character arc or resolution.
@Jammin will love thts post.

By the way Jammin i posted the sales rank in EZ Hangout thread.You may love who got 1st,2nd and Goblin Slayer positions.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

I could not agree with you more.

That said it remains to be scene if the same will be true of his alternate universe self. Personally, I'm hoping he dies horribly. That is a possibility.
But lets be real here. The best story for Jellal would be if he had died in the tower of heaven like he should have. I'm sure Mashima knew he was crap pretty shortly after that. So he kept adding more on top in hopes of finding something that could keep his fangirl bait relevant. Problem was, he wasn't. He had no real place in the story and one had to constantly be manufactured for him.

People compare him to Laxus but there is really no comparison at all. Laxus is member of Fairy Tail, a Dragon Slayer, and Makarov's son. Jellal is just some emo douche with a tedious redemption arc that will not go away. He does not grow. He does not change. He does not do anything interesting. He is literally the worst character in Fairy Tail!:yelling

Last edited:

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

I could not agree with you more.

That said it remains to be scene if the same will be true of his alternate universe self. Personally, I'm hoping he dies horribly. That is a possibility.
But lets be real here. The best story for Jellal would be if he had died in the tower of heaven like he should have. I'm sure Mashima knew he was crap pretty shortly after that. So he kept adding more on top in hopes of finding something that could keep his fangirl bait relevant. Problem was, he wasn't. He had no real place in the story and one had to constantly be manufactured for him.

People compare him to Laxus but there is really no comparison at all. Laxus is member of Fairy Tail, a Dragon Slayer, and Makarov's son. Jellal is just some emo douche with a tedious redemption arc that will not go away. He does not grow. He does not change. He does not do anything interesting. He is literally the worst character in Fairy Tail!:yelling
That's not what I hear from the community and he isn't really emo or bad, after being mind control by Ultear, he became how he is. He isn't that bad compare other worse emos like Sasuke from Naruto for example.

I doubt that he did have uses and place in FT, but Mashima didn't plan for the long run, so some characters didn't go as right.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's not what I hear from the community and he isn't really emo or bad, after being mind control by Ultear, he became how he is. He isn't that bad compare other worse emos like Sasuke from Naruto for example.

I doubt that he did have uses and place in FT, but Mashima didn't plan for the long run, so some characters didn't go as right.
Let end this discussion here.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Opinions on the subject vary. And I'm not going to present mine as the only one in existence. I will say this though, in my view "He isn't that bad compared to Sasuke" is not a defense. That's like saying a meal wasn't bad compared to uncooked donkey testicles.:p

Do I like Jellal more than Sasuke? Yes. Yes, I do.

It's an inherently different problem though. I'm not going to get into Sasuke's problems because that is a wall of text all it's own. Suffice it to say the he was a causality of the edgelord craze and his role in the overall plot overpowering the him as a character. If you were to rewrite his interactions with Naruto in a sane way and turn the conclusion into a tragedy. The result actually would be pretty decent, I think. Those things didn't happen and he's terrible.

Jellal is different. When you get down to it he's a plot device for Erza. He was a pretty decent tragic villain at the start and emotional catalyst for her character. After that though he just had no reason to exist. Everything he did other characters could have done better and with more emotional impact. He damages the story just by being a part of it because maintaining him subtracted from those around him and gave nothing in return.

Last edited:

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker

Just by looking at them i feel warmth in my heart. For this perfection FT takes my vote.

Reactions: Sky

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India

Just by looking at them i feel warmth in my heart. For this perfection FT takes my vote.
And yet Mashima couldn't even make it canon.Classic TrollMashima.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
And yet Mashima couldn't even make it canon.Classic TrollMashima.
For some it's already canon, For some they need more satisfactory canonizing.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
For some it's already canon, For some they need more satisfactory canonizing.
If they find this cannon,I wonder what they would say if they see Meliodas X Elizabeth,Touka X Kaneki or Inuyasha X Kagome.
Natka will probably happen to troll the fandom.
Natka?

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
If they find this cannon,I wonder what they would say if they see Meliodas X Elizabeth,Touka X Kaneki or Inuyasha X Kagome.

Natka?
Natsu and touka.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Natka?
I hate Mel and Liz relationship and the TG relationship.... is just dull.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
It's canon on papers since we are gonna be together forever is a phrase in Japanese culture that is said for your lover.. So many ships have better developments from the ones you mentioned but that doesn't mean they are likable.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
It's canon on papers since we are gonna be together forever is a phrase in Japanese culture that is said for your lover.. So many ships have better developments from the ones you mentioned but that doesn't mean they are likable.
At least should have shown a marriage like Haru X Elie.
Yes...... turn out the girl is a hundred years old and considered on par with zeref as a threat.
OMG what BS.First Acnologia level now Zeref level.Will we now see Ankhseram level mage.Glad I dropped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.