Discussion - Most Overrated Character(s) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Most Overrated Character(s)

Who is the most overrated character in Fairy Tail Universe???

• Total voters

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Only 5 guys said that compared to August which is more than a dozen.
At least to some extent August made some sense given the nature of his character.

Brandish wasn;t even above Neinhart bossted.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Kagura :zomg
Man of culture indeed @Jean Grey :hi5
Rule 34 flex.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
At least to some extent August made some sense given the nature of his character.
The gap between max PoF Natsu and August is bigger than the gap between Ishgar and Brandish since Zeref is universal :true

Besides, few of them were trolling (Brandish stuff) while all of August' arguments were actually serious which makes it way worse:yodawg

Last edited:

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The gap between max PoF Natsu and August is bigger than the gap between Ishgar and Brandish since Zeref is universal :true

Besides, few of them were trolling (Brandish stuff) while all of August' arguments were actually serious :yodawg
Wym? Zeref is a cosmic outerversal being that scales above all Shounens. He's up there with the cosmics of DC and Marvel.

Your memory bro :feelsbadman

The MANNNNNNNNNNNNNN Who Even God Fears
I deserve to be banned for forgetting the legend who's >> Zeno.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
He the least relevant of the dragon slayers and yet people overrate him so much
Touche
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

He the least relevant of the dragon slayers and yet people overrate him so much
Though for a side character, I've always found him badass.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Eh, it changes with the years. People used to hype Zeref to Acnologia's level. For the past year, I'd say END, Jacob, and Mirajane

• Mard Geer ran a hell of a propaganda campaign. Convinced half the fandom that a Gray-tier was an Acno-tier. END was arguably a nerf. What makes Natsu so OP? His Nakama Power. What does END do? Take away his nakama power and replaces it with evil villain power. That's the long and short of it. On top of that, it also gave Natsu cancer.
  • You wouldn't know it based on the number of times I've had to argue against "macro oneshots", but I actually like Mirajane better than Erza. Problem is, every single arc Erza does something that is just brokenly OP. And every single arc, Mirajane doesn't match it. Then in the middle of the next arc, I am asked to believe that macro will oneshot every single character at or above Erza's level.
  • Jacob began as the unintended product of the Mirajane hype train, but his hype has reached unparalleled levels of absurdity. His hand to hand attacks apparently have country-busting capabilities. His knives can slay dragons with more efficiency than actual dragon slayers. He was also at one point more durable than Madmole, until people realized that Mirajane can't oneshot the latter. "FDK mode" has been used to argue more for Jacob's durability than for Natsu's own attack power with FDK flames, which I find hilarious. All this for a guy that honestly probably doesn't hit harder than Lucy with Star Dress mix.
Most of Jacob's hype is troll lmao. Ppl tried to make him the mascot of FT powerscaling, guess that didn't last long lol
The rest is Mira fans trying to hype him up, which in turn hypes up Mira for defeating him :feelsgoodman

P.S Jacob "the GOAT" Statham solo's

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
All the spriggans. People actually think they're a match for FT's top tiers, some people think they're even above them lol despite what actually happened to them.
Then there is Eileen or August soloing FT, absolutely laughable, even together they're no match.

I also think Acno and Acno tiers are overrated a bit funnily enough. They're not god tiers anymore, they can't just kill any character they want with their little pinky anymore. FT went head to head with full powered Aldaron, and won. Jellal can block attacks from Acno and outmaneuver his dragon form, Eileen can hang with him too. Sure, Acno could oneshot God Serena, but... so what? It's not like slaughtering a spriggan is a difficult thing to do.
I used to think giving Acno RoT powerup was pointless, but as it turns out he really did need that extra strength to compete with Ishgar, otherwise FT alone would have probably beaten him.

jetblackwings

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
In terms of popularity, 100% Levy, especially in the western fandom.