Hangout - Berserk General Discussion Thread | Page 72 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Berserk General Discussion Thread

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm satisfied with how things have developed. Guts and Casca will have their well-deserved happy ending. The only lingering plot threads are Griffith's and Void's reactions toward Elfheim, but oh well. I wish Berserk would do something like a light novel to wrap things up.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Berserk volume 41 will be released on December 24, 2021 in Japan. A special edition including a Drama CD & special canvas art extra (size 23.9cm× 8.7cm) will be available too.

source : Here
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Berserk is on cover of Young Animal issue #41

And seemingly chapter #364 will be the last chapter ( To be confirmed, but it seems the source is reliable) original source, mentioned in this tweet

FetherMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Berserk volume 41 will be released on December 24, 2021 in Japan. A special edition including a Drama CD & special canvas art extra (size 23.9cm× 8.7cm) will be available too.

source : Here
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Berserk is on cover of Young Animal issue #41

And seemingly chapter #364 will be the last chapter ( To be confirmed, but it seems the source is reliable) original source, mentioned in this tweet

I would be in support of the publishers releasing the remainder of the series as a novel. I'd definitely buy the first hard copy available.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I got a copy of the YA issue and preordered the special edition of Volume 41. Amazon JP shipping is still a bit absurd but don't want to miss out.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
so latest news, seemingly no decision has been taken, yet. "There is no definite decision what will happen to "Berserk" in the future according to an editor note in the upcoming Young Animal issue 18/2021. The last chapter 364 that Kentarou Miura worked on was completed thanks to his assistants of Studio Gaga." source : Here

@Cat Sidhe26 posted that note in this thread.

Reactions: Nii

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
That's them keeping the door open, but since it isn't clear what happens in the chapter I still find it doubtful that it'll be continued.

On the one hand, if they took his raw manuscript and worked only off of that and the story doesn't seem to have a conclusion, then it leaves open some sort of possibility. I still probably wouldn't bet on it though.

On the other hand, if there does seem to be something of a conclusion included in the chapter, then unless it's some sort of coincidence, it seems likely that it was added by GAGA and the editorial staff to sort of cap the story off in some way since they don't have the intention of continuing.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Last chapter made me sad again.

THM Nindo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, I don't know how to feel about this chapter.
It was a pretty good chapter for sure.

I don't know if I would have preferred something with a bit more of a conclusion.
The way the chapter ends makes me believe that they will continue it somehow.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
That's them keeping the door open, but since it isn't clear what happens in the chapter I still find it doubtful that it'll be continued.

On the one hand, if they took his raw manuscript and worked only off of that and the story doesn't seem to have a conclusion, then it leaves open some sort of possibility. I still probably wouldn't bet on it though.

On the other hand, if there does seem to be something of a conclusion included in the chapter, then unless it's some sort of coincidence, it seems likely that it was added by GAGA and the editorial staff to sort of cap the story off in some way since they don't have the intention of continuing.
Really? I feel the complete opposite way. If this were to be the final chapter ever we'd know, I think.

As long as it follows his wishes I kind of don't mind either way. If he wanted his work finished, awesome. If he wanted to be the one to do it, it's fine as well, he gave us a great journey. Any middle ground ("RELEASE HIS NOOOTES") I don't think he'd want at all and I certainly don't either.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Really? I feel the complete opposite way. If this were to be the final chapter ever we'd know, I think.

As long as it follows his wishes I kind of don't mind either way. If he wanted his work finished, awesome. If he wanted to be the one to do it, it's fine as well, he gave us a great journey. Any middle ground ("RELEASE HIS NOOOTES") I don't think he'd want at all and I certainly don't either.
The problem is I don't know if anyone would know what his wishes are, his death was sudden, so there was no plan with it in mind. It seems he might not have any family so without a last will and testament it's impossible to know. It not being clear even to Hakusensha themselves is probably more to do with this than anything else.

I wouldn't be opposed to a continuation by someone else, maybe even without them not working off of his notes, but the question is whether Hakusensha would be willing to do it. For money? Probably. But if it's only being done for that reason then it's probably best they leave it alone. Otherwise there's zero chance it'll be able to stand up to what we have already. So it might be a case where further down the road an anime adapts the story and has a different ending, but the manga itself in it's current form? I'm not so sure.

Hakusensha could also end the series and bring in a veteran for some sort of continuation that could stand on it's own though. Since they probably own part of the rights to the property.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
The problem is I don't know if anyone would know what his wishes are, his death was sudden, so there was no plan with it in mind. It seems he might not have any family so without a last will and testament it's impossible to know. It not being clear even to Hakusensha themselves is probably more to do with this than anything else.

I wouldn't be opposed to a continuation by someone else, maybe even without them not working off of his notes, but the question is whether Hakusensha would be willing to do it. For money? Probably. But if it's only being done for that reason then it's probably best they leave it alone. Otherwise there's zero chance it'll be able to stand up to what we have already. So it might be a case where further down the road an anime adapts the story and has a different ending, but the manga itself in it's current form? I'm not so sure.

Hakusensha could also end the series and bring in a veteran for some sort of continuation that could stand on it's own though. Since they probably own part of the rights to the property.
Could swear I read he had a previous complication this year, some months before his death, while already infamously having poor very health... So I don't think it was that sudden for his inner circle.

Money alone is a good reason, yes. Honestly what saddened me the most was seeing this man dedicate decades, more than his whole life adult to this beloved project, changing even his routines to live as long as he could, only to pass away regardless. It's just too cruel. I kind of want it to go on more for him than me, lol. So yes, here's hoping.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
"Berserk covers for the color artwork collection & tribute illustration collection from Young Animal issue 18/2021 Very touching & honest tribute from mangaka Kouji Mori included too, definitely worth getting. I don't want to share too much" source : Mogurare

"Preview of "Ou Rou" by "Berserk" creator Kentarou Miura & Buronson which will be serialized again starting in Young Animal Zero issue 10/1 (2021) out Sep 13, 2021 to give new readers a chance to experience it. " same source as above

It's a pain, for me to post twitter links, they dont appear in my computer ( i need to check with my phone :arf ) so copying content ( I only post links when im in rush :arf )

Reactions: Nii

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Could swear I read he had a previous complication this year, some months before his death, while already infamously having poor very health... So I don't think it was that sudden for his inner circle.

Money alone is a good reason, yes. Honestly what saddened me the most was seeing this man dedicate decades, more than his whole life adult to this beloved project, changing even his routines to live as long as he could, only to pass away regardless. It's just too cruel. I kind of want it to go on more for him than me, lol. So yes, here's hoping.
I read that too but then I think one of his assistants debunked it or something. I think fans might have drawn their own conclusions because of previous author comments and a lot of assumptions being made about the typical mangaka lifestyle. Which no doubt would probably be a safe bet, but idk maybe there was something newer explaining his situation better that I didn't see.

Money for him or his publisher? I definitely wouldn't mind more either, but I'm just not sure if it being done would really be for Miura himself. A lot of this changes for me if there's more info we just don't know about and GAGA will be working off of his notes though.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Would be cool to see him immortalized in such a way.

Feels kind of silly to bring it up, but interesting that his mother is still alive. I guess that settles whether he had a next of kin.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Not surprising, I guess. Waiting for my copy to get here.

102jayday

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Its already been over a year since Miura died. The ost hits harder these days. RIP Miura.