2016 Fairy Tail Awards Info Discussion Thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

2016 Fairy Tail Awards Info Discussion Thread

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I like the idea of "Best Soundtrack". It can be divided into:
  • Best theme song
  • Best opening
  • Best ending
I think we can add more of anime stuff :^_^

I also would like to suggest: Best OVA. As far as I know, there have been 6 OVAs already, and 2 more ("Natsu vs Mavis" and "Merry Christmas") are coming soon. Or maybe "Best Omake" so that non-animated omakes like Stone Age and FTxNanatsu no Taizai can be nominated? :?bunny

kira

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
  • Best theme song
  • Best opening
  • Best ending

I also would like to suggest: Best OVA. As far as I know, there have been 6 OVAs already, and 2 more ("Natsu vs Mavis" and "Merry Christmas") are coming soon. Or maybe "Best Omake" so that non-animated omakes like Stone Age and FTxNanatsu no Taizai can be nominated? :?bunny
I like these ideas.. is it still possible to add them now? :?bunny

Masayume Chasing is the best OST for me! :music :luv

Stone Age Omake ftw! :occa

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
  • Best theme song
  • Best opening
  • Best ending

Good call, Ahmad-kun! :super We have the "music" suggestion earlier, which I thought it will be more fun and more variety of category. Perhaps "Best Music" will cover all Fairy Tail music - OST, album (opening, middle, ending, theme songs, battle and emotional music, etc)

I also like the anime award which covers Best OVA, cross-over, episode, omake, etc - these should be able to put together as one category.

I like these ideas.. is it still possible to add them now? :?bunny

Masayume Chasing is the best OST for me! :music :luv

Stone Age Omake ftw! :occa
We are in the middle of voting phase, perhaps we can do it next year.

I like Masayume Chasing too - at one time I even put it as my ringtone. :smile-big Besides the happy music, I also like the emotional ones like these:-

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
We are in the middle of voting phase, perhaps we can do it next year.

:gwah b-but...that's like... 1 year away... :emocat :emocat

I like Masayume Chasing too - at one time I even put it as my ringtone. :smile-big Besides the happy music, I also like the emotional ones like these:-

it seems ok but I'm kind of staying away from emotional music.. :sweatbunny though there's some part of Masayume Chasing that's really emotional.. especially the start, IMO. :pout

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
@DiMaria Yesta@kira @ProGoddess yeah Maysume Chasing might of been the best FT OST I've ever heard since Snow Fairy but the 3rd opening for the Tartaros arc... sheesh

I can't get enough of this, I would love this music/anime category

Honestly, I must say that Fairy Tail has a lot of nice music (in fact I like them all). Some may be more appealing than the others, but generally they are done well. Even the performers/singers are no exception. I believe the music production team must have put in a lot of effort in it. All thanks to them for the great music. :super

I also listen the Taylor Davis's violin performance which she has played very well. She plays other anime music too.

I believe we will have an overwhelming response in our next award. :super
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
:gwah b-but...that's like... 1 year away... :emocat :emocat

it seems ok but I'm kind of staying away from emotional music.. :sweatbunny though there's some part of Masayume Chasing that's really emotional.. especially the start, IMO. :pout

We have already taken note of everyone's suggestion and request. I know it will be for next year but we are already in the midst of the event and we are like half way there. So it may not be practical to add another category. I hope yourself and other members will understand and won't be too sad about it.

Emotional music is part of Fairy Tail's music theme. I sometimes cry while listening especially watching the anime that comes with the music.

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
@DiMaria Yesta @kira @ProGoddess yeah Maysume Chasing might of been the best FT OST I've ever heard since Snow Fairy but the 3rd opening for the Tartaros arc... sheesh

I can't get enough of this, I would love this music/anime category
it is the best for me :music :hearts

that one's fine.. just not my type I guess. :XD
the lyrics are good though. :^_^

We have already taken note of everyone's suggestion and request. I know it will be for next year but we are already in the midst of the event and we are like half way there. So it may not be practical to add another category. I hope yourself and other members will understand and won't be too sad about it.

Emotional music is part of Fairy Tail's music theme. I sometimes cry while listening especially watching the anime that comes with the music.
I totally understand. I was just kidding with the 1 year away thingy. :fan

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't think this will happen but superlatives would be dope, for example:
  • Most likely to succeed
  • One you would take on a date/home to your parents
  • If you were stuck on an island and you could have 3 people/things (FT related) with you
Something along those lines. I would vote for Levy, Jenny, Lucy for most likely to succeed for obvious reasons. I would take Minerva, DiMaria on a date but take Lucy home to my parents. And 3 things/people I would bring with me on an island..... well you can guess ;)

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
  • Most likely to succeed
They can be anyone till the last minute. But I do wish to have protagonists more than anatagonists to be succeeding.

• One you would take on a date/home to your parents
Cute question! :teehee I don't really want to date anyone in Fairy Tail. It's best to leave the boyz and gals together as guild families on their own. I think it is more comforting seeing them in this way. :)

• If you were stuck on an island and you could have 3 people/things (FT related) with you
Stuck on an island? :hmm I'll take Natsu and Gray so that when it's cold at night, Natsu can help to start a fire, while Gray can help to chill down the hot sun in the day. Then the third person will be Mirajane. She is always helping in the bar counter at the guild. I reckon besides making drinks, she can cook as well. It will be very helpful for her to be around when you are hungry. She cooks and the two boys can help to gather woods and ingredients. Barbecue food shouldn't be that tough to make I suppose. I can help in grilling.

When there are wild animals or any beings appearing hostile and attack us, the three skillful fairies can keep all of us safe. Mirajane is also a sisterly person - we know that she cares a lot for her siblings. I will be able to be friends with her. Natsu and Gray always have the tendency to quibble among themselves. It's like watching two little boys fighting over a toy. Since there is nothing much on an island, the two of them will be a fun entertainment.

I wish I can bring Lucy along. She is a journalist. Perhaps she can tell us the different stories she writes. :) But meantime for survival purposes, the above three will be more practical. :smile-big

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
-If you were stuck on an island and you could have 3 people/things (FT related) with you
Too easy! I'd bring Sting, Rogue and Bradman. Why? I'm playing Dr.Phil here, I'll patch up any hard feelings and then make Bradman a Sabertooth member.

Other alternatives would be any three S12 members (I want to see them interact) or Meredy, Jellal and Ultear (they deserve to find her).

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Last day of Voting phase so uses it to vote or change your choice while you still have a chance :vbunny

More interested how many votes will some options get than places :sbunny

If you were stuck on an island and you could have 3 people/things (FT related) with you
I will take one person Mest to get out of there and probably just run away from him later:cheerbunny
Unless he would Mest up situation again ..

Irene, Flueve d'etoiles and magic sealing stones...for plot purposes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Intense plot

Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Voting period for the awards is now over. Thank you all for your participation.
Now, all that's left is the result which would be available in a few minutes hours. For now, feel free to speculate on the winners and post other thoughts or opinions about the awards here!

Last edited:

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
wait! :arf
I've changed my mind on every vote I made. :8C

when will the next round start? how many will make it for the next round?

Hope Mystogan made it to every category he was in. :hurr

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
feel free to speculate the winners
Any male category :
1) Natsu
2) Gray/Jellal
3)Jellal/Laxus

Any female Category :
1) Lucy
2)Erza
3)Juvia/Mira (Irene can be a dark horse )

It's not fun :sweatbunnylooking forward to other categories like best fight/moment :blai

wait! :arf
I've changed my mind on every vote I made. :8C

Hope Mystogan made it to every category he was in. :hurr
I think next round starts in 365 days ( something about that )

Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
There's no next round XD or well, you can wait for the next round Vici referred to
Any male category :
1) Natsu
2) Gray/Jellal
3)Jellal/Laxus

Any female Category :
1) Lucy
2)Erza

It's not fun :sweatbunnylooking forward to other categories for best fight/moment :blai
Are you certain? Will you be willing to stake your forum freedom on that XD
I think next round starts in 365 days ( something about that )
Well, more like like 347 if I'm being picky :p

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Any male category :
1) Natsu
2) Gray/Jellal
3)Jellal/Laxus
no Mystogan? :pout :nah

Any female Category :
1) Lucy
2)Erza
what happened to your undying love for Kagura? o.O

P.S. please keep that cat away from me :emocat

There's no next round XD or well, you can wait for the next round Vici referred to
oh.. it's all in one go? :XD

I thought it was like the husbando wars..

Vici huh? :gwah that damn troll :errr :nah :XD

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
oh.. it's all in one go? :XD

I thought it was like the husbando wars..

Vici huh? :gwah that damn troll :errr :nah :XD
No it isn't but if you think that might be better, you're free to suggest it.

@Vici no not quite XD