Info/Discussion - 2017 Fairy Tail Awards Info / Discussion Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info/Discussion 2017 Fairy Tail Awards Info / Discussion Thread

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
I could share some information about that mysterious dimension and tell you who is winning there atm

Everything for small price :evil

Nice Avi btw :heh
WHERE IS THE DIMENSION?! TELL ME!!

And oh yes. She's a great wife, and an even better waifu :teehee

You still have time. It's the first semi now (voting).

I'm looking forward to your vote :zomg
Thanks for the heads up!

EmptySoul

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Nice tourney so far but i just wanna say,was the "worst shes erza moment" thread really neccessary :neutral

U may think its funny but its actually not,Erza fans like I do exist (surprise!) and that thread is atrocious,Half of the nominations werent even asspulls e.g "Second Origin/Nakagami vs Minerva,Sword Shower vs Acnologia,Erza stopping Gray/END" :-_-
It feels like ppl are just pulling at straws and calling everything she does an asspull :fail

why is it that Erza get a thread for her asspulls when the main abuser of it,none other than Natsu (savage flames,oneshotting a god,oneshotting acno,oneshotting neinhart) is excused :cookiehand

I know "shes erza" is a long running gag throughout FT and i dont mind when ppl joke abt it,in fact i joke abt it all the time but to make a whole thread for bashing Erzas fights when there have been much worse is pretty annoying,theres been enough salt abt it in the chapter threads of those fights really,we know theyre bad

Anyways,not expecting and dont want any replies cause i know nothing can and will be changed at this point
Just wanted to rant cause this is basically one last Erza bash thread and idk about anyone else but this isnt really ending FT on a good note for me as an erza fan :darn

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
why is it that Erza get a thread for her asspulls when the main abuser of it,none other than Natsu (savage flames,oneshotting a god,oneshotting acno,oneshotting neinhart) is excused :cookiehand
Not to mention other incidents like Red Lightning and Gray beating Invel, picking on Erza solely seems a little weird honestly, isn't everyone guilty of nakama induced moments in the guild?
Feels like the thread could have been more diverse and interesting if it was stretched out to include stuff like 'Worst POF moment.' Instead of turning into an anti-Erza circlejerk.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Well to tell the truth every character in Fairy Tail uses Nakama Powerup.But Erza's ones are quite popular(people make joke of it) and hated most also.

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Nice tourney so far but i just wanna say,was the "worst shes erza moment" thread really neccessary :neutral

U may think its funny but its actually not,Erza fans like I do exist (surprise!) and that thread is atrocious,Half of the nominations werent even asspulls e.g "Second Origin/Nakagami vs Minerva,Sword Shower vs Acnologia,Erza stopping Gray/END" :-_-
It feels like ppl are just pulling at straws and calling everything she does an asspull :fail

I know "shes erza" is a long running gag throughout FT and i dont mind when ppl joke abt it,in fact i joke abt it all the time but to make a whole thread for bashing Erzas fights when there have been much worse is pretty annoying,theres been enough salt abt it in the chapter threads of those fights really,we know theyre bad

Anyways,not expecting and dont want any replies cause i know nothing can and will be changed at this point
Just wanted to rant cause this is basically one last Erza bash thread and idk about anyone else but this isnt really ending FT on a good note for me as an erza fan :darn
It's because she's Erza :3c

she can take all those bashing and still remain one of the best anime girls :hip:hip:celebrate

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Winners from Semifinal 1...

CategoryMost Votes
Best ArcTartaros Arc
Best ChapterChapter 65
Best Couple Gajeel x Levy
Best DesignMystogan
Best EDGlitter (Ending 11)
Best Fanservice MomentBattle of Naked
Best Female CharacterErza Scarlet
Best FightNatsu & Gray vs Mard Geer
Best GuildFairy Tail
Best Magic SpellAge Seal
Best Male CharacterJellal Fernandes
Best Omake/OVAChristmas
Best OpeningMasayume Chasing (Opening 15)
Best QuoteFear is not evil… by Gildarts
Best TransformationDiMaria Yesta (God Soul: Chronos)
Best VillainUltear Milkovich
Best Volume Cover Volume 58
Most Emotional MomentIgneel's Death
Most Surprising MomentAcnologia oneshotting God Serena
Most Underrated CharacterMirajane Strauss
Worst She's Erza MomentBroken Bones

Any upsets? Happy to see one go through to the final?
Semifinal 2 will be open within the next day :blai

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
So, out of 21, my votes were towards the winners in 16 polls. Not too shabby if i say so myself.
Oh wait, no, 15. I don't think i voted for Igneel's death, i forgot about voting in that thread lol
The only winner i disagree with is Mirajane being underrated... I used to think that way before she got feats, but now unfortunately i can't say she's underrated. I think she's overhyped for no reason since feats don't back up her prior hype.
The rest of the winners are looking fine :verily

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, out of 21, my votes were towards the winners in 16 polls. Not too shabby if i say so myself.
Oh wait, no, 15. I don't think i voted for Igneel's death, i forgot about voting in that thread lol
The only winner i disagree with is Mirajane being underrated... I used to think that way before she got feats, but now unfortunately i can't say she's underrated. I think she's overhyped for no reason since feats don't back up her prior hype.
The rest of the winners are looking fine :verily
Lol mirajane is totally underrated especially coz author from the start has been wanking erza with ridiculous fights after another. Erza has even taken poor lucy's screentime. It's mira's fans like us that is making her relevant otherwise she could go into background just like lissanna.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Lol mirajane is totally underrated especially coz author from the start has been wanking erza with ridiculous fights after another. Erza has even taken poor lucy's screentime. It's mira's fans like us that is making her relevant otherwise she could go into background just like lissanna.
Erza has absolutely nothing to do with Mirajane though. You can be outside of the main cast and still be great and have good feats, but Mirajane hasn't had great feats this arc. It's a shame, i'd be the first one to say that Hiro has trashed her and i'm personally sad of this because i love Mira, but this can't be denied now. I'm not underrating Mirajane, she just has poor feats.
I used to think Mira was underrated because she had close to no screentime. But the thing is, she got new feats after that, and they're not on par with the level people would like her to be.
In fact you're solidifying my belief that Mirajane is indeed not underrated at all but much more overrated. You're even saying that Mira fans are making her better than what she cannonically is.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Mirajane is underrated af. She evaporated a sea just with her magic power yet everyone keeps on saying that Erza is far superior. When did Erza do something like that again?

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mirajane is underrated af. She evaporated a sea just with her magic power yet everyone keeps on saying that Erza is far superior. When did Erza do something like that again?
I don't think some of you guys know what it means to be underrated. To be underrated, one must view another poorly despite seeing how exceptionaly good they are which hardly anybody sees Mirajane as such but only quite the opposite. Erza being the factor all because many say Mira is not at/above her level is not underrating but more of you wanting her to be seen she is all because her magic power dried up some sea despite seeing who she had to use that form against who weren't that of the foes Erza had fought (regardless of her bs:-_-). That just shows she's not underrated but more overrated. Just because they say Erza is superior doesn't mean they find Mirajane weak. But doesn't matter, results are in.

Last edited:

Biri Biri

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Mira is hardly underrated. On the contrary, I think most of us have a soft spot for her due to her history, and fondness of her character. Unfortunately her powers were left in the dust after Lisanna's apparent death, while her supposed childhood rival in Erza grew exponentially in terms of strength.

Otherwise, my vote for the most underrated character would go to Levy. Her magic, when given the opportunity and platform to showcase, is versatile and can be employed in various ways, both in and outside of combat. Her endurance allowed her to endure the magic barrier particles in Torafuzar's Tenchi Kaimei for significantly greater duration than Natsu did. She is also really book-smart, and got selected for the s-class exam then almost purely on her intellect.

And DAT ASS :hip

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Mira is hardly underrated. On the contrary, I think most of us have a soft spot for her due to her history, and fondness of her character. Unfortunately her powers were left in the dust after Lisanna's apparent death, while her supposed childhood rival in Erza grew exponentially in terms of strength.

Otherwise, my vote for the most underrated character would go to Levy. Her magic, when given the opportunity and platform to showcase, is versatile and can be employed in various ways, both in and outside of combat. Her endurance allowed her to endure the magic barrier particles in Torafuzar's Tenchi Kaimei for significantly greater duration than Natsu did. She is also really book-smart, and got selected for the s-class exam then almost purely on her intellect.

And DAT ASS :hip

You mean....

"Dem Hips" since Dat ass normally refers to Ultear

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
CategoryMost Votes
Best ArcTenrou Island Arc
Best ChapterChapter 384*
Best Couple Jellal x Erza
Best DesignIrene Belserion
Best EDBe as One (ED 6) by w-inds*
Best Fanservice MomentMirajane vs Jenny
Best Female CharacterUltear Milkovich
Best FightTeam Natsu & Laxus vs Hades
Best GuildCrime Sorciere
Best Magic SpellSema
Best Male CharacterLaxus Dreyar
Best Omake/OVAFairy Tail of the Dead Meeeeeeeeen!!
Best OpeningStrike Back (OP 16) by BACK-ON
Best QuoteAnd that light is your justice?... By August
Best TransformationZeref Dragneel (Fairy Heart)
Best VillainHades
Best Volume Cover Volume 29
Most Emotional MomentUltear's sacrifice with Last Ages
Most Surprising MomentIrene being the creator of DSM
Most Underrated CharacterKagura Mikazuchi
Worst She's Erza MomentNo Senses vs Kyouka

*Tied categories (broken by mod choice)
Best Chapter: Chapter 253 and Chapter 384 received 14 votes
Best Ending: Be as One and Kokoro no Kagi both received 12 votes

The final shall commence within a day or so. Thanks for your participation so far, and see you soon!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had a feeling laxus was going to win, but this set up laxus vs jellal matchup in the final., its kind of a dream match. Both characters are two of my favourites, guess I will have to do another coin toss to determine the winner.:smile-big

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Hades successfully taught his pupil Ultear. Both advance to the final. I can see Hades winning Best Villain.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hades successfully taught his pupil Ultear. Both advance to the final. I can see Hades winning Best Villain.

Some of the finals will be the dream match ups- best male character, best design, best villain, best OP, best omake/ova. It would be practically impossible to vote for either one of them.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Hey guys,

The winners of each category can be viewed in this thread. There were several awards that were extremely close and could've gone either way.

Thank you all for participating in this years FT Awards, these events only work when you guys get involved. It was nice to revisit some of the moments earlier on in the series with the manga just finishing up.

Cheers,
Brandish

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Thanks everyone for holding this tournament successfully.Fairy Tail is what brought me in the Anime world so FT ending is sad.Pretty nostalgic this tournament was.Now i will be waiting for Anime returning Omake or OVA's.