Seinen - 20th Century Boys by Urasawa Naoki | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen 20th Century Boys by Urasawa Naoki

Vandrul

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Re: 21st Century Boys

Are there any Edited Mangas of all 21st chapters??

クリスチャン

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Chapter 2 of 21st century boys should be released either later tonight or early tomorrow morning. Watch out for it.

Update: It's not ready yet. It would be great if we got at least 1 more cleaner/typesetter.

Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

er... I think the download links should be updated in the first page. I can't download a single file. I dunno, is it just me?

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

All rapidshare download links are still working, baboysai. Unfortunately several early sendspace links is down. :D

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

If the RS mirrors still work I download and reup all of them on sendspace :)

[des]Uploaded all broken links to sendspace again, also added a mirror for the missing chapters and the volume download [/des]

Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

yay. ok thanks. :)

pep

Reaction score
Country
Argentina

I´ve just finished reading 21st century boys. So, first of all, I´m eternally thakfull to stephen and his translations. They´re fast, they´re great. You deserve some kind of prize.

Second, I´d like to discuss the ending with you ppl, so let me just insert the spoiler tag...

There. Well, I really liked the ending.
I mean, I´m sure everyone will agree that up to volume 18 or so, 20th century boys was a masterpiece. Sometimes while reading I couldn´t believe just how good it was. That only happens when you´re reading something really good, right? Also, during those months where Urasawa took a break, I read the whole thing once or twice... I realized then that the whole plot had been planned beforehand, nothing was improvised. Of course, having to draw a cliffhanger every week makes you improvise, but what I mean is that elements that help solve the plot are appearing in the first volumes. I thought that was great, that such a complicated thing was not the product of improvisation, it was the product of very careful planning.

Yet, when the series was ending, I started to feel that actually, some large plot points had been improvised. Volumes 20 through 22 seemed rather forced, unnatural, to me. As if he just wanted to put an end to the series and was racing through important stuff to get to the end he had planned. Especially volume 22. Some chapters seemed incoherent instead of misterious. And not much happened, in the end... Just one or two glorious moments (Kanna defeating the robot, in a scene that appears in the first pages of the first volume, definitely one of the great 20th century moments).

Well, I think these last two volumes "fix" this a bit. Not only because they clarify a lot of these confusing plot issues that were shoved together in volume 22, but also because, when everybody thought that vol 22 was the ending and 21st CB would be only a sort of epilogue, it actually provided an adequate ending for the series. I´m not saying great, I´m saying adequate. It should have been longer, I think. But I think Urasawa´s vacation did him good: he was able to plan the chapters, and it really shows. I mean, I even thought he had ruined 20thCB after that last volume, but these last chapter are really good. Not masterpiece material, but at least they provide a good ending, misterious and filled with emotion to the end.

Now, after all this rambling, all I wanted to ask was:

who the hell is Katsumata??

I haven´t read the whole thing in a while and I don´t remember him...

That is all. If you´ve read up to here... Thank you :) AND THANK YOU STEPHEN ONCE AGAIN!!

And Naoki Urasawa of course, but I doubt he´ll read this.

insan

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Dear all...

First of all i'm a beginner for this site...

i need help how to download manga on this site:)...

thanks a lot for your help....

sorry if i don't say many things ( my english is bad ^_^ )

peace

wong ndeso

XaeroX19

Reaction score
Country
Chile

mangaheavens have finally finish 20thcb vol22..
thanks a lot ..!!!!!!!!!

Obxist

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Would anyone kindly enough to put the link into another free uploads center ?? and please not a MU link :D,.. thanks,.. and sorry if this request is forbidden,..

XaeroX19

Reaction score
Country
Chile

there is some group scalating the 21st boy manga..?¿¿=??

Houjou

Reaction score
Country
Mongolia

Joufu Scans scanlated the first chapter, but I don't know if they're still with the project.

Obxist

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

they are continuing with a slow progress,. if i am not wrong i think they already made the 2nd chapter,.. if someone is willing to translate these ,.. i am willing to make the scan...

Innuendo

Reaction score
Country
Poland

Yet, when the series was ending, I started to feel that actually, some large plot points had been improvised. Volumes 20 through 22 seemed rather forced, unnatural, to me. As if he just wanted to put an end to the series and was racing through important stuff to get to the end he had planned. Especially volume 22. Some chapters seemed incoherent instead of misterious. And not much happened, in the end... Just one or two glorious moments (Kanna defeating the robot, in a scene that appears in the first pages of the first volume, definitely one of the great 20th century moments).

Well, I think these last two volumes "fix" this a bit. Not only because they clarify a lot of these confusing plot issues that were shoved together in volume 22, but also because, when everybody thought that vol 22 was the ending and 21st CB would be only a sort of epilogue, it actually provided an adequate ending for the series. I´m not saying great, I´m saying adequate. It should have been longer, I think. But I think Urasawa´s vacation did him good: he was able to plan the chapters, and it really shows. I mean, I even thought he had ruined 20thCB after that last volume, but these last chapter are really good. Not masterpiece material, but at least they provide a good ending, misterious and filled with emotion to the end.

Now, after all this rambling, all I wanted to ask was:

who the hell is Katsumata??

I haven´t read the whole thing in a while and I don´t remember him...

That is all. If you´ve read up to here... Thank you :) AND THANK YOU STEPHEN ONCE AGAIN!!

And Naoki Urasawa of course, but I doubt he´ll read this.
For me the series ended with vol 15, and after this one it was a downfall :( More and more action, and less mystery and most of all I really hated "future" Kenji. 20th Century Boys are an excellent manga, but like with every series the author doesn't know when to say stop...

PS. Katsumata was literally the ghost from the science room, the boys who died at school.

Last edited:

XaeroX19

Reaction score
Country
Chile

.... have to waitt...
hope someone scalating the last part of this great series ..

Patoz

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

thanks, in Italy 20th century boy isn't finished yet, but is of no importance! :yaha

Obxist

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

.... have to waitt...
hope someone scalating the last part of this great series ..
i am currently making Edited Mangas,.. but can someone upload c05-c16 to another free upload service,.. no MU please,. prefer MF or Savefile thanks...

zrexe

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

PM me your email, and ill yousendit to you.

Ganner_Rhysode

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia

Hey, guys. I've thought, it would interesst some of you:

Here's the RAW of 21st Century Boys Volume 2. So now, it's REALLY over.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8zcknz

Here you go, and have fun.
(I want the TCB-Box so terribly... <.< Take a look at it, how awesome it is... XD)

zrexe

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Hey, guys. I've thought, it would interesst some of you:

Here's the RAW of 21st Century Boys Volume 2. So now, it's REALLY over.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8zcknz

Here you go, and have fun.
(I want the TCB-Box so terribly... <.< Take a look at it, how awesome it is... XD)
uh... I think this was posted a long time ago actually, but the more links the merrier.