Battle - Adult Gon vs Meruem? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Battle Adult Gon vs Meruem?

Machi-tan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just a simple discussion for fan-gasming sakes.

As the title already suggested Meruem (The king of the ants) vs Gon (adult) from the Series Hunter X Hunter.

Gon as a natural adult, that means his power he displayed versus Pitou, except with the combat experience and mental integrity of an adult. Versus Meruem both pre-nuke and post nuke.

My Corner: Meruem both fights. Pre and post nuke.

Meruem is just an overall better fighter i think, much more so when you consider his 'age'. He only was at around 43 days of growth when he was somehow able to use his mind (which is supposedly vastly superior to any human's) to defeat a warrior who existed and fought for 70+ years (Don't know exactly how old Netero is). We already know Gon isn't the brightest of the bunch, depending on sheer instinct and strength to straight forward defeat most of his opponents. It wouldn't take much effort on Meruem's behalf to detect and take advantage of any weaknesses that gon displays and considering that their strength (pre-nuke) is about even, the one with the best strategy would take it. POST NUKE? Forget it, it was stated that each of the royal guard were strong enough to fight Netero one on one with the winner being indeterminable. but Meruem absorbed 2 guards, essentially gaining the strength of 2x Netero's in addition to his own. With speed that is almost instant transmission by dbz standards he'd drop Gon before the electric signals leave his brain telling him to move an arm. Post nuke, Netero had to empty ALL the aura he spent a whole day gathering and prepping for the battle into a blast just to cover Meruem in some cuts and bruises + a few burns. Not to downplay Adult Gon, but unless he can shell out that type of aura in a single blow, repeatedly in an extended battle with an opponent that is mentally leagues above him and whose speed vastly out shadows him (All this pre-nuke) he'd have a tall order to fill.

TL;DR: Meruem rules by mental ability, Gon eats crayons (Jk) (Not jk)

Captain Sicarius

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Pitou said with sure he could so, thats one of the ways Togashi can transmit important info to us... But this was pre Netero we known Meruem can evolve in some ridiculous ways, I don't think Gon could beat him with any kind of vow and limitation... Otherwise the only thing stopping anyone from being a weakling to a god is just their resolution.

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I really don't think a natural adult Gon would be as powerful as the subjected-himself-to-death adult Gon.

Either way, I'm going with Meruem on both.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Adult Gon would win against normal Meruem IMO but he has no chances against the Post Rose one.

EDIT: It's Gon as a natural adult? Then I don't think he would win. Even though he has the potential it's difficult to imagine him as strong as against Pitou for now.

Last edited:

kulugo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
man didn't you see adult gon?? he smacked the living shit out of pitou. even the king wasn't able to do that (with intent to kill iirc).

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Killing intent does not mean a lot.
If he strikes komugi with killing intent he is still not using full force.
e just underestimated pitou's strength.
that does not mean he can one hit her (which adult gon could not do, either).

A better estimation would be that Meruem could be pushed away by netero's hatsu.

Thus, i do think that meruem is weaker than adult gon by raw strength, but he is also probably a lot toughter than pitou. Meruem is smart enough to just fly while gon#s time is running out, too, and gon cannot follow him.

Let us not forget that the fight would have ended in a double KO if it wasnt for killuah saving gon from pitou's final attack.

IamJacky

Reaction score
Country
United States
man didn't you see adult gon?? he smacked the living shit out of pitou. even the king wasn't able to do that (with intent to kill iirc).
I'm still not understanding how people continue to think that Meryem wasn't able to hurt the RGs like Super Gon did.

YES, he did say that he struck Pitou with the intent to kill her at the beginning, but that doesn't mean he struck her with 100% of his power. He simply miscalculated the needed strength to kill Pitou - it was his way of praising Pitou that Pitou's not as weak as he thought (having contacted the captain-level ants first).

To prove my point, he did say it with certainty that he could one-shot Pouf, this was when he tore his own arm off and Pouf insisted on stopping the gungi game and tending his wounds.

Shit, even Kite did some damages to Pitou, what makes you think Meryem 1.0 can't do better?

Admittedly, Pitou did say Super Gon's "fangs could reach the King", but I still wouldn't think Super Gon can beat Meryem 1.0 simply because we have NEVER EVER seen Meryem tried his best. Show me Super Gon surviving Rose bomb then we'll talk.

Meryem 2.0 > any, every, and all. That is all.

kulugo

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm still not understanding how people continue to think that Meryem wasn't able to hurt the RGs like Super Gon did.

YES, he did say that he struck Pitou with the intent to kill her at the beginning, but that doesn't mean he struck her with 100% of his power. He simply miscalculated the needed strength to kill Pitou - it was his way of praising Pitou that Pitou's not as weak as he thought (having contacted the captain-level ants first).

To prove my point, he did say it with certainty that he could one-shot Pouf, this was when he tore his own arm off and Pouf insisted on stopping the gungi game and tending his wounds.

Shit, even Kite did some damages to Pitou, what makes you think Meryem 1.0 can't do better?

Admittedly, Pitou did say Super Gon's "fangs could reach the King", but I still wouldn't think Super Gon can beat Meryem 1.0 simply because we have NEVER EVER seen Meryem tried his best. Show me Super Gon surviving Rose bomb then we'll talk.

that also doesn't mean he didn't struck her with 100% of his power. "He simply miscalculated the needed strength to kill Pitou" iirc i don't remember the manga or anime saying that he miscalculated. he intends to kill pitou and that's what he say, the same way he killed that other ant.

"
To prove my point, he did say it with certainty that he could one-shot Pouf, this was when he tore his own arm off and Pouf insisted on stopping the gungi game and tending his wounds." are you sure he could one shot pouf though? or maybe he's just underestimating his subordinates? just like what you said.
"He simply miscalculated the needed strength to kill Pitou"

Pitou was done with Gon's kick, while Netero who stands toe to toe with the king albeit on the losing end was only able to push pitou away.

Machi-tan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Firstly you have to understand where Meruem was coming from. Example, a fly is whizzing around your head and you swat at it, your blow has the intent to harm it seriously, maybe even kill it. The amount of force you put behind it is what you deem necessary to do the task of killing the fly. If a human being comes at you and you attack back with the intent to kill you'll use a WHOLE lot more force and energy on the human being attacking you than you did the fly, but you still intended to harm/kill both.

Meruem went from one shotting grunts to trying to take off the head of someone who was physically comparable to him (Aura aside). That's like swatting at a fly, only to hit it and discover the little bastard is as durable and crafty as a human being. You still intented to kill it for what you THOUGHT it was, but then you just discovered it was a bit more durable that you thought.

Just like you wouldn't wind up a spinning round house kick to destroy a bug on the wall, Meruem didn't wind up with his 100% on something he thought was going to be a sure fire kill using only a tail swing (an attack not enhanced by aura). Pitou wasn't even injured by Netero, only sent flying because she barely had any recovery options in mid air, the same would've happened to Super Gon or Meruem 1.0 in that case since neither had mid air combat skills (Besides Gon maybe firing his paper variation of his skill and using it like a jet engine.)

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Nobody can one shot Pitou, Adult's Gon's Rock on the head was not enough to kill her, there is no way Meruem can do better than this.

I really don't see in what a Pouf willing to die would help to prove this, if he is willing to die his body won't be covered by his aura to begin with. He had already hit Pitou and recognized her strength, in this case I don't see why he didn't try to one hit kill Pouf and Youpi when he hit them, he still didn't care about their lives at this point, why didn't he one shot them since he knew about Pitou's durability? Gon kicked Pitou after being attacked by surprise and this attack was more powerful than Meruem's tail slap, she was even unable to move for several seconds.

Meruem is stronger than Pitou so of course he would do better, he did better with a single tail slap. We don't really know what happened when they fought, Pitou could have been playing around, but she had only a few bruises, nothing significant, she didn't know how to use Nen well and had no ability. Even Netero's Palm attack left her uninjured.

Meruem tried his best against Netero, of course he doesn't even need of use Nen to destroy his body with ease but he did his best, he was using his top speed to reach him. Pitou felt Meruem's aura when he ate the Nen guard, she knows very well his power. Surviving the Rose is a durability feat, he still go carbonized, he would have died sooner without the help of Pouf and Youpi.

Gon has an aura comparable to Meruem, he is fast, has more offensive power and Jajanken, Meruem could only fight with CQC before eating his RGs. It would be a difficult battle but he is not winning this. Pitou was so relieved to be the one to die for a reason.

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I really don't see in what a Pouf willing to die would help to prove this, if he is willing to die his body won't be covered by his aura to begin with. He had already hit Pitou and recognized her strength, in this case I don't see why he didn't try to one hit kill Pouf and Youpi when he hit them, he still didn't care about their lives at this point, why didn't he one shot them since he knew about Pitou's durability? Gon kicked Pitou after being attacked by surprise and this attack was more powerful than Meruem's tail slap, she was even unable to move for several seconds.
There's no reason to assume that he attempted to kill Pouf and Youpi in that instant. But even if he intended to kill them, a tail swing is the furthest thing from his strongest attack. It's something he uses to brush off the fodders. He has enough strength to rip his arm out without any problems at all. If he ever intended to kill Pitou, Pouf or even adult Gon, he could easily rip their heads off any time he feels like it. Even Pitou could rip off Gon's limbs with tremendous ease. I know she powered up after death, but I doubt she made it to the King's level of strength.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
There's no reason to assume that he attempted to kill Pouf and Youpi in that instant. But even if he intended to kill them, a tail swing is the furthest thing from his strongest attack. It's something he uses to brush off the fodders. He has enough strength to rip his arm out without any problems at all. If he ever intended to kill Pitou, Pouf or even adult Gon, he could easily rip their heads off any time he feels like it. Even Pitou could rip off Gon's limbs with tremendous ease. I know she powered up after death, but I doubt she made it to the King's level of strength.
When he hit Pitou for the first time he attempted to kill her, she resisted and he recognized her strength. Considering that he was still not caring about his guards, I don't see why he would attack them without killing intent at this point. He has super strength and it's his own body, of course he can rip it, you don't rip an arm the same way you strike someone. He can rip Pitou or anyone's arm.

What is Meruem's strongest attack? His ability permitted him to get stronger by eating, he is limited to physical blows for attack . So, his most powerful attack is a physical blow with Ko. Adult Gon aura volume is comparable to him, but Gon is an Enhancer, there is no way Meruem's Ko tail slap/kick/punch/headbutt is more powerful than Adult Gon's Rock. And Pitou was still alive, after receiving that punch on her head, Meruem can't possibly damage her more than that.

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
When he hit Pitou for the first time he attempted to kill her, she resisted and he recognized her strength. Considering that he was still not caring about his guards, I don't see why he would attack them without killing intent at this point. He has super strength and it's his own body, of course he can rip it, you don't rip an arm the same way you strike someone. He can rip Pitou or anyone's arm.

What is Meruem's strongest attack? His ability permitted him to get stronger by eating, he is limited to physical blows for attack . So, his most powerful attack is a physical blow with Ko. Adult Gon aura volume is comparable to him, but Gon is an Enhancer, there is no way Meruem's Ko tail slap/kick/punch/headbutt is more powerful than Adult Gon's Rock. And Pitou was still alive, after receiving that punch on her head, Meruem can't possibly damage her more than that.
That was when he was first born. Things change. It's unreasonable to think he would just try to Kill Pouf and Youpi for trivial things such as worrying about him. Just because it's his arm, doesn't mean it's a "duh" he could rip it.

Even if we say his punch is weaker than Gon's Rock, it still doesn't change the fact that he could rip his(Gon's) or Pitou's head off at any point he wants with his rip-a-limb-while-dodging-thousands-of-supersonic-attacks speed. He is limited to physical blows, which are NOT limited to punching or kicking. I didn't claim he had a punch or a kick that is more powerful than Gon's rock. He doesn't need it. As long as he beheads his opponent, he wins. So yes, he can damage Pitou more than Gon's rock did.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
That was when he was first born. Things change. It's unreasonable to think he would just try to Kill Pouf and Youpi for trivial things such as worrying about him. Just because it's his arm, doesn't mean it's a "duh" he could rip it.

Even if we say his punch is weaker than Gon's Rock, it still doesn't change the fact that he could rip his(Gon's) or Pitou's head off at any point he wants with his rip-a-limb-while-dodging-thousands-of-supersonic-attacks speed. He is limited to physical blows, which are NOT limited to punching or kicking. I didn't claim he had a punch or a kick that is more powerful than Gon's rock. He doesn't need it. As long as he beheads his opponent, he wins. So yes, he can damage Pitou more than Gon's rock did.
At this point of the story he was only starting to change, I don't find it unreasonable but whatever.

If Meruem can do this(I don't think so) there is no reason Adult Gon can't.

Last edited:

IamJacky

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nobody can one shot Pitou, Adult's Gon's Rock on the head was not enough to kill her, there is no way Meruem can do better than this.

I really don't see in what a Pouf willing to die would help to prove this, if he is willing to die his body won't be covered by his aura to begin with.
It DOES NOT matter whether Pouf is willing to die or not. Meryem SAID he could one shot him, do you think Meryem CARES if Pouf tries to guard or not?

It'd be ridiculous to say you can one shot someone ONLY if the opponent lets his guard down. Like "Come here, I'll one shot you, but first lower your guard though."

Meruem tried his best against Netero, of course he doesn't even need of use Nen to destroy his body with ease but he did his best, he was using his top speed to reach him. Pitou felt Meruem's aura when he ate the Nen guard, she knows very well his power. Surviving the Rose is a durability feat, he still go carbonized, he would have died sooner without the help of Pouf and Youpi.
Right, that's what I meant. Meryem did try his best in terms of speed. But we have NEVER seen Meryem try his best in terms of attacking power. That's where I disagree with you saying how Meryem cannot deal more damage than Super Gon's rock. We've never seen Meryem try his best damaging someone at all.

Yes, Meryem would have died from Rose without Yupi and Pouf, my point is Super Gon would have been vaporized by that point. That's the difference between their defense.

Gon has an aura comparable to Meruem, he is fast, has more offensive power and Jajanken, Meruem could only fight with CQC before eating his RGs. It would be a difficult battle but he is not winning this. Pitou was so relieved to be the one to die for a reason.
That's where I disagree. We don't know if Super Gon's attacking power is truly stronger than Meryem - and hence why I keep saying you can't just base Meryem's true attacking power based on his little tail slaps on RGs, they are not the same thing. We have never ever seen Meryem truly trying to deal his best damaging attacks against someone. ALL of his attacks were sufficient to kill his opponents.

Again, his tail slaps at Pitou with "intent to kill" was an underestimated attack. Upon learning Pitou's strength, Meryem was confident enough to say to Pouf that he could one shot Pouf - it does not matter whether Pouf guards down or up, because Meryem KNOWS he can.

jimtors

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Meruem 2.0 was so strong but can't fight off the effect of the ROse? what is that writing? But just for the sake of argument, I think Gon vs Meruem 1.0, Meruem would lose but 2.0 I'm not sure. In writing perspective i think it is a retconned type of character thus Adult Gon can't win because of plot shield.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
That's where I disagree. We don't know if Super Gon's attacking power is truly stronger than Meryem - and hence why I keep saying you can't just base Meryem's true attacking power based on his little tail slaps on RGs, they are not the same thing. We have never ever seen Meryem truly trying to deal his best damaging attacks against someone. ALL of his attacks were sufficient to kill his opponents.

Again, his tail slaps at Pitou with "intent to kill" was an underestimated attack. Upon learning Pitou's strength, Meryem was confident enough to say to Pouf that he could one shot Pouf - it does not matter whether Pouf guards down or up, because Meryem KNOWS he can.
It was not enough to kill his RGs, we know he is the strongest anyway. How can you say Meruem has more offensive power than Adult Gon? An Enhancer with an aura volume comparable to him? That's impossible. We don't need to see Meruem trying his best, his best move is a Ko attack. In Nen battle, Ken and Ryu can be used for defense, and for adult Gon who is an Enhancer and has an incredible aura volume to boot, his defense can't possibly be low.

Meruem thought he could beat Komugi too, it never happened. I said that even assuming that if it was an underestimated attack, there was no reason for him not to one shot Pouf and Youpi, why didn't he do so then?

Meruem 2.0 was so strong but can't fight off the effect of the ROse? what is that writing? But just for the sake of argument, I think Gon vs Meruem 1.0, Meruem would lose but 2.0 I'm not sure. In writing perspective i think it is a retconned type of character thus Adult Gon can't win because of plot shield.
Adult Gon has no chances against Meruem 2. He was many times stronger than he was before the explosion.

kulugo

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
also how can you say that adult gon won't survive the rose explosion? we didn't know that. uvogin was scratchless against bazookas. (that's significantly weaker though like 10,000 times but still.)

King smacked ant captain - loses head
King smacked Pitou - keeps head
Netero smacked Pitou - scratchless bu sent flying away
Netero went toe to toe with the king - loses but managed to hold his own
Gon smacked Pitou with one simple kick - almost unconscious / unable to fight

im looking at it this way (not hisoka's rating)

Meruem is probably around 100
Pitou and Netero around 80
and adult Gon probably around 90

Machi-tan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly the way i see it, Meruem is a specialist. And as the show's basically outlined, Specialists develop random abilities that usually don't correspond with staggering efficiency (Aka Kurapika who can use all areas of Nen at 100% when his eyes are red). I'd say the King is definitely an enhancer (unless his arms just contain enough strengh to cut through netero's aura shroud and limbs naturally...). And we know from anime muscle mass =/= strength, although Adult gon (or super gon, whichever you prefer) is definitely a towering man-beast but if muscles ment the world then Ging is in trouble.

In a show down of Aura, I'd say Meruem has more (Just from the fact that he spent a while hunting down 'rare' humans and he is the epitome of Auras collected for the Queen while she was pregnant). And If enhancers strength = who has the most aura *(times) natural physical strength. I'd say Meruem wins. He has enough aura to absorb a zero hand's shock wave for the most part, then turns around and shrouds himself from a nuke going off within less than 15 feet from him. Although he almost did die, the fact that his aura protected him from being atomized and being completely liquefied in the lava is MORE than impressive. Plus his normal strength (without aura enhancement) seems to be alot more than any normal human being should be able to achieve. But hell this is Gon, so let's say his physical strength through years of training mirrors the strength of a supposed genetically superior creature whose DNA was hand picked from the finest reserves. His aura still seems to be leagues over Gon's, and this is just strengh. Factor in Strategy, speed and mid combat flexiblity (Meruem has more means of attack *factoring in his tail* Smaller frame and lighter body weight) and the odds just seem to me more in Meruem's favor. In my humble opinion.

EverEndingStory

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
also how can you say that adult gon won't survive the rose explosion? we didn't know that. uvogin was scratchless against bazookas. (that's significantly weaker though like 10,000 times but still.)
So you're arguing that Gon (a human) is more durable than the King?

No.

For a display of Meruem's offensive ability = Meruem was able to rip his arm off and two limbs off Netero, all done in one quick swipe. Meruem is more durable than Pitou. He was able to rip a limb off himself. Do you really think he couldn't rip a head off Pitou with full strength?

Gon, meanwhile, seriously messed up BUT failed to kill Pitou with one hit from his strongest Hatsu (which needs to be charged). So we know he would not be able to one-shot Meruem. We don't know exactly how much more durable Meruem is over Pitou. But Meruem tanked Netero's Zero Hand. How weak do you think that attack is? It cost Netero his entire aura. It is equivalent in cost to Gon's transformation! Do you really think it'd be that weak? I'd assume it be at least be enough to seriously injure Pitou (like how Gon's Jajanken did). And yeah, considering the cost, I would totally put bets on it having power close to a Jajanken. Sacrifice my entire aura pool and life for a single attack close in power to that of an Emitter's basic Hatsu - I'd say that's fair.

And Meruem TANKED that.

Being nice to Gon and lowballing Meruem's durability, I'd say Gon would need to land at least three jajankens on Meruem to put him out.

I'm glad no one's trying to debate a fight with post-Meruem.

Last edited: