Theory - Analysis of Goddess Elizabeth's Power Level | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Analysis of Goddess Elizabeth's Power Level

Rizaadxn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't forget that Elizabeth nearly dies to a building sized boulder

she was never a fighter in.a sense that she liked fighting, according to Nakaba, she only fought to protect, never initiate it herself.
That doesn't really make sense with the whole "bloody elie" thing. Elizabeth must have been a warrior at some point and then sort of retired from the front lines.
Didn't Nakaba say he came up with Bloodie Ellie on the spot during that chapter :catshrug

He doesn't even know himself what he wanted her to be lol.

sobreno

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti

Didn't Nakaba say he came up with Bloodie Ellie on the spot during that chapter :catshrug

He doesn't even know himself what he wanted her to be lol.
Let's hope Anne get a better treatment in that aspect, she at least aspire to be a strong HK

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Sine this is being talked I'll just drop the fact that Base Mael without sunshine in the movie fights the Supreme Deity and the Goddess clan which suggests he's gotten much stronger than before
So if Current Mael is given sunshine and at probably at least at high noon he would be pretty much invincible 💀💀💀💀💀

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Nakaba has already said that Elizabeth is stronger than the archangels, so it doesn't really matter what you think.

A boulder empowered by a destiny defining curse from the Demon King.

It's not just a boulder. Stop using a weakened Elizabeth to fit an argument that is convenient to your narrative.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Sine this is being talked I'll just drop the fact that Base Mael without sunshine in the movie fights the Supreme Deity and the Goddess clan which suggests he's gotten much stronger than before
So if Current Mael is given sunshine and at probably at least at high noon he would be pretty much invincible 💀💀💀💀💀
Movie ain't out, that's a stretch to say.

As for Mael, he literally admitted himself that Elizabeth is the better warrior. Combine this with the author saying she's stronger than the archangels, and Mael running away from a Demon Mark Mel whereas Elizabeth fights a non-serious Assault Mel and wins.. yeah the excuse of "it isn't canon" doesn't stretch it

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Nakaba has already said that Elizabeth is stronger than the archangels, so it doesn't really matter what you think.

It's not just a boulder. Stop using a weakened Elizabeth to fit an argument that is convenient to your narrative.

As for Mael, he literally admitted himself that Elizabeth is the better warrior. Combine this with the author saying she's stronger than the archangels, and Mael running away from a Demon Mark Mel whereas Elizabeth fights a non-serious Assault Mel and wins.. yeah the excuse of "it isn't canon" doesn't stretch it
Elie stronger than archangels doesn't change anything cause Near Noon and High Noon Mael also far outclasses the archangels and his regular daytime form as an Archangel

Prove that the boulder was empowered lol

The movie's out in Japan tho and I've talked with a few fans who've watched it there for some small tid bits and yeah it's Base Mael fights GC and SD towards the end

Well Mael also admitted Ludociel is a better fighter lol and not to mention better fighter always doesn't mean stronger fighter, yeah you still got to prove the movie or the omake is canon cause it's not lol

Elizabeth fights and wins against AM Mel????? Since when? Are you talking of that ark slap lol
@sobreno man maybe I'm forgetting will ya remind me when did Eli fight and beat AM Mel? Cause all I remember is that ark slap and just a statement of when Mel saying she had given him some scratches in the past, idk what off screen battle freak is talking about

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States

The curses don't empower the objects they utlize to kill Elizabeth. Remember a fire killed little Elizabeth or a fallen pike with Barbarian Elizabeth. Besides, her human side obviously won't have the same spirit level as her original self.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Now, listen, the main problem with Elizabeth is that she has the opposite problem of Sakura Haruno from Naruto.

Let me explain: Sakura is a bad character who gets screen time and hype, but wastes it since she sucks and can not for the life of compete with Naruto or Sasuke, since writing female characters is obviously Kishimoto's weakest point. Meanwhile, Elizabeth is a wasted potential character that needs but gets no real respect or screen time from Nakaba.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Elie stronger than archangels doesn't change anything cause Near Noon and High Noon Mael also far outclasses the archangels and his regular daytime form as an Archangel
Right but that noon form is only a minute of the day, or approximately 0.06% of an entire day's duration. It doesn't look good for Mael if he can only surpass Elizabeth for a minute a day lol and she's stronger than him for the other 99%+

Nakaba even treated Noon Mael as an abnormal or special circumstance, because he ignored it when making all these statements of Ludo = Mael = Mel = Eliz, or whatever.

The curse is something that cannot be stopped. It's described as something that changes destiny in order to make Elizabeth die on the 72nd hour of her memories fully returning. And she has to die in front of Meliodas every single time. Now, looking at what's actually killed her:

-A house fire killed a young Elizabeth
-Fraudrin killed Liz (might be the curse)
-Wooden spikes killed Barbarian Elizabeth.
-Boulder(s) and a bolt of lightning tried to kill Elizabeth.

Now, I'm sure there's more, but by those events themselves. Someone like Meliodas should stop slow-moving spikes from impalling Elizabeth, or rescue a child Elizabeth from a house fire. Hell, if Elizabeth can extinguish demonic flames, then a generic house fire should be no problem for her. But her or Meliodas weren't able to stop any of those events because the curse is destiny defining. It doesn't matter how powerful Elizabeth or even Meliodas is (outside god form), the curse is destined to take Elizabeth's life and no amount of power, unless equal to the Gods can stop it, that's clearly evident by how 100+ Elizabeth's died right in front of Meliodas, and he wasn't able to protect or save her.

So of course the boulder(s) are empowered by the curse, Elizabeth literally says she will die and no one can stop it. That is until Meliodas pulls out his God powers and then can stop it. You can disagree, but then you'd need to tell me why Meliodas, even in his fully regressed assault mode outright admitted that he couldn't stop the curse from killing her even though the events are nothing more than a mere inconvenience to him personally.

The movie's out in Japan tho and I've talked with a few fans who've watched it there for some small tid bits and yeah it's Base Mael fights GC and SD towards the end
Right but I've also heard fans say Mael didn't really do much against the Supreme Deity. Until the actual movie is out, it's not really a point to bring up because apparently Elizabeth does fight against her mother as well.

Well Mael also admitted Ludociel is a better fighter lol and not to mention better fighter always doesn't mean stronger fighter, yeah you still got to prove the movie or the omake is canon cause it's not lol
@FKS Apologies but was there any official confirmation or source (from Nakaba?) that outright concluded the side chapter of Mael vs Meliodas as not being official/canon?

Because I never saw it referenced as non-canon, it's why everyone lost their shit when Mael ended up running away from a DM Mel lol.

Elizabeth fights and wins against AM Mel????? Since when? Are you talking of that ark slap lol
No. Meliodas told us that he originally met Elizabeth on the battlefield when he was leading the ten commandments and fighting in the war against the Goddesses. Conversely, Nakaba shows us an image where Elizabeth approached an Assault Meliodas on the battlefield. Linking this with Meliodas admitting that they once fought against each other, and he ended up suffering for it because he underestimated her concludes that there was a time where Elizabeth fought against an AM Mel and had the upper-hand, potentially even winning a fight against him because he wasn't serious. Hence why I'm saying Elizabeth > AM Mel (non-serious).

You just need to connect the dotes between these two images:

@sobreno man maybe I'm forgetting will ya remind me when did Eli fight and beat AM Mel? Cause all I remember is that ark slap and just a statement of when Mel saying she had given him some scratches in the past, idk what off screen battle freak is talking about
''Some scratches''. No? Meliodas said it was a ''world of pain'' which is more than just scratches lol. That statement implies Elizabeth gave pretty decent or significant injuries to Meliodas.

The curses don't empower the objects they utlize to kill Elizabeth. Remember a fire killed little Elizabeth or a fallen pike with Barbarian Elizabeth. Besides, her human side obviously won't have the same spirit level as her original self.
The curse does empower objects/events though. Because even Meliodas is helpless to save a child Elizabeth from a house fire, or from slow-moving wooden spikes that are about to impale her. The curse is destiny defining, that's pretty clear (more to this in my explanation above).

Now, listen, the main problem with Elizabeth is that she has the opposite problem of Sakura Haruno from Naruto.

Let me explain: Sakura is a bad character who gets screen time and hype, but wastes it since she sucks and can not for the life of compete with Naruto or Sasuke, since writing female characters is obviously Kishimoto's weakest point. Meanwhile, Elizabeth is a wasted potential character that needs but gets no real respect or screen time from Nakaba.
Elizabeth didn't get properly utilised or explored in this series but she's nowhere near how terrible Sakura is as a character. She actually has good feats or strength and some time to shine, at a level where she's comparable to the main character. When did Sakura ever get that? I don't think she was ever given the chance to shine as an equal to Naruto or Sasuke.

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
Right but that noon form is only a minute of the day, or approximately 0.06% of an entire day's duration. It doesn't look good for Mael if he can only surpass Elizabeth for a minute a day lol and she's stronger than him for the other 99%+

Nakaba even treated Noon Mael as an abnormal or special circumstance, because he ignored it when making all these statements of Ludo = Mael = Mel = Eliz, or whatever.

The curse is something that cannot be stopped. It's described as something that changes destiny in order to make Elizabeth die on the 72nd hour of her memories fully returning. And she has to die in front of Meliodas every single time. Now, looking at what's actually killed her:

Now, I'm sure there's more, but by those events themselves. Someone like Meliodas should stop slow-moving spikes from impalling Elizabeth, or rescue a child Elizabeth from a house fire. Hell, if Elizabeth can extinguish demonic flames, then a generic house fire should be no problem for her. But her or Meliodas weren't able to stop any of those events because the curse is destiny defining. It doesn't matter how powerful Elizabeth or even Meliodas is (outside god form), the curse is destined to take Elizabeth's life and no amount of power, unless equal to the Gods can stop it, that's clearly evident by how 100+ Elizabeth's died right in front of Meliodas, and he wasn't able to protect or save her.

So of course the boulder(s) are empowered by the curse, Elizabeth literally says she will die and no one can stop it. That is until Meliodas pulls out his God powers and then can stop it. You can disagree, but then you'd need to tell me why Meliodas, even in his fully regressed assault mode outright admitted that he couldn't stop the curse from killing her even though the events are nothing more than a mere inconvenience to him personally.

Right but I've also heard fans say Mael didn't really do much against the Supreme Deity. Until the actual movie is out, it's not really a point to bring up because apparently Elizabeth does fight against her mother as well.

@FKS Apologies but was there any official confirmation or source (from Nakaba?) that outright concluded the side chapter of Mael vs Meliodas as not being official/canon?

Because I never saw it referenced as non-canon, it's why everyone lost their shit when Mael ended up running away from a DM Mel lol.

No. Meliodas told us that he originally met Elizabeth on the battlefield when he was leading the ten commandments and fighting in the war against the Goddesses. Conversely, Nakaba shows us an image where Elizabeth approached an Assault Meliodas on the battlefield. Linking this with Meliodas admitting that they once fought against each other, and he ended up suffering for it because he underestimated her concludes that there was a time where Elizabeth fought against an AM Mel and had the upper-hand, potentially even winning a fight against him because he wasn't serious. Hence why I'm saying Elizabeth > AM Mel (non-serious).

''Some scratches''. No? Meliodas said it was a ''world of pain'' which is more than just scratches lol. That statement implies Elizabeth gave pretty decent or significant injuries to Meliodas.

The curse does empower objects/events though. Because even Meliodas is helpless to save a child Elizabeth from a house fire, or from slow-moving wooden spikes that are about to impale her. The curse is destiny defining, that's pretty clear (more to this in my explanation above).

Elizabeth didn't get properly utilised or explored in this series but she's nowhere near how terrible Sakura is as a character. She actually has good feats or strength and some time to shine, at a level where she's comparable to the main character. When did Sakura ever get that? I don't think she was ever given the chance to shine as an equal to Naruto or Sasuke.
I said that Elizabeth has the opposite problem of Sakura. She’s comparable to Meliodas but doesn’t get the hype she needs to justify it.
Also, in Sakura’s case, she wasn’t even given the justification to shine with them. Kyubi and Sharigan, alone, destroys abnormal strength, No, actually forget Kyubi, she can't even beat sage mode or the rasengan, plus it’s not that hard for every character in the series to find a way to beat her. A paraphrase of a quote of Goku from Dragon Ball Z, “What’s the point of this strength if I can’t do anything or hit anyone with it?” Sakura is a key example.

Last edited:

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India

Ok ok i can't just read so much

So let's just agree on one thing alright Mael and Elizabeth are relative maybe elie is stronger but shouldn't be a big ass difference that she would just annihilate him at any time, so they should be relative with elie being a bit stronger

Where as Around near noon and high noon Mael surpasses her
Can we agree on that

EDIT : @Undina just tagging to the reply I gave to freak

Last edited:

MrSchmitty7

Reaction score
Country
United States
Elizabeth fans when they see Sar, Tar, and Ludo get hurt by Inudra: “See. Elizabeth beat the indura. That means she’s stronger than them!”

Elizabeth fans when they see her get KO’d by 50K Deri in one punch while Sar, Tar, and Ludo manhandled her. “That doesn’t count though!!! It’s not fair to base her feats off of one encounter like we just did with Sar, Tar, and Ludo!!!”

Idek why I posted this lol. I know I’m gonna get salt for it

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Elizabeth fans when they see Sar, Tar, and Ludo get hurt by Inudra: “See. Elizabeth beat the indura. That means she’s stronger than them!”

Elizabeth fans when they see her get KO’d by 50K Deri in one punch while Sar, Tar, and Ludo manhandled her. “That doesn’t count though!!! It’s not fair to base her feats off of one encounter!!!”

You said the truth man :catshrug .

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

Elizabeth fans when they see her get KO’d by 50K Deri in one punch while Sar, Tar, and Ludo manhandled her. “That doesn’t count though!!! It’s not fair to base her feats off of one encounter like we just did with Sar, Tar, and Ludo!!!”

I get where you're coming from. However, if a casual punch from Derieri (50k) can one-shot Elizabeth then it makes no sense how Elizabeth isn't immediately killed in battle by the SD & DK. Even if these two are holding back, there is no feasible argument that can be made to suggest that Derieri's punch is superior to what the SD + DK can dish out together. And from what we saw, Elizabeth was fine until they decided to end the battle. You can't even say Meliodas carried her in that fight because he was completely helpless himself, so Elizabeth must've stood on her own strengths.

So if Elizabeth can tank hits without dying from 2 Gods. How is Derieri able to one-shot her?

I'd argue its down to plot convenience. Nakaba wanted to show off the archangels and the peaceful Princess needed to be side lined for a few chapters. You can disagree, but I think Nakaba does this a lot with Elizabeth and other characters to progress the plot. Another example is how Prime AM Mel can apparently handle Zel's swordsmanship with no problem, which is hella fast, but can't predict a generic and obvious slap from Human Elizabeth?

Well, obviously Meliodas could've handled that. But then Elizabeth would be stuck in Mel's basement and there would be no plot for her in Liones or with the Mael arc, etc.

It's a huge outlier tbh. Especially when Nakaba later on is giving us statements of Elizabeth being equal to Prime Mel and greater than the archangels.

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
I get where you're coming from. However, if a casual punch from Derieri (50k) can one-shot Elizabeth then it makes no sense how Elizabeth isn't immediately killed in battle by the SD & DK. Even if these two are holding back, there is no feasible argument that can be made to suggest that Derieri's punch is superior to what the SD + DK can dish out together. And from what we saw, Elizabeth was fine until they decided to end the battle. You can't even say Meliodas carried her in that fight because he was completely helpless himself, so Elizabeth must've stood on her own strengths.

So if Elizabeth can tank hits without dying from 2 Gods. How is Derieri able to one-shot her?

I'd argue its down to plot convenience. Nakaba wanted to show off the archangels and the peaceful Princess needed to be side lined for a few chapters. You can disagree, but I think Nakaba does this a lot with Elizabeth and other characters to progress the plot. Another example is how Prime AM Mel can apparently handle Zel's swordsmanship with no problem, which is hella fast, but can't predict a generic and obvious slap from Human Elizabeth?

Well, obviously Meliodas could've handled that. But then Elizabeth would be stuck in Mel's basement and there would be no plot for her in Liones or with the Mael arc, etc.

It's a huge outlier tbh. Especially when Nakaba later on is giving us statements of Elizabeth being equal to Prime Mel and greater than the archangels.
Well, here's the answer to your first sentence: Nakaba is very inconsistent with the power damage in his series.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Same spoilers say Elizabeth fights her mother too, and IIRC, so does Diane(even as we know Nakaba treats her just as awfully when it comes to power-ups or development either way) does that say anything about a power difference among them or even about their individual feats? How many feathers X ruffled, which one gave her a new haircut?!
And I haven't yet been officially contradicted on Elizabeth having a new stage of development teased by Nakaba during the casting of her first Hikari Are, meaning that he never cut down the possibility Elizabeth was never at full power when we've seen her before(yes, I know Nakaba may never explore that at all), but it never changes the fact that Elizabeth was ranking among them all on her own and while not fully developed, in and of her own. The AAs will be forever on the ropes because what gives them their "edge" is the power/ability loan from the SD. Even Merlin had the decency to admit in story how the hacks handed down by the gods kept her safe from Elizabeth's natural own, Merlin's own Infinity ignored by the holder herself.
The very fact that we're still reading Nakaba's works, in spite of it being utter trash IF the curse isn't magically defying everything even HK apprentices should be able to handle is proof enough. This story is stuck between 2 conditions in respect to the curse and reactive powers: Either the curse defies standard but highly powered GC/DK skills and abilities with the most random and ridiculous CoDs to add insult to injury(thus only some haxes can marginally work around it, like Merlin's network of Infinity enhanced spells temp defending Elizabeth and or reactivating it...though that sh*t feels unclear since the DK was still alive, so we might never know whether Merlin was bluffing her way permanently out of the gang), or Nakaba can't write for his life and we're utter dumba**es to read and support what he's doing. Otaku already expanded on the first part so there's no need for me to address it too: how "retarded" it felt to watch Meliodas being held back by some random villagers while little Elizabeth who should've been able to fly away was roasted to death...won't even argue about the rest. So, it's either the curse is magically bound at forbidden spell level to disregard people in Meliodas and Elizabeth's supernatural ranks' power, skill and ability, or Nakaba can't write any of his mains, secondaries, or supportives or any sort of characters.
No, we've seen her do better than "beat" the Indura, we've seen her defuse their mode without there being need for any beating :fan It's why Ludo got so hysterically furious over the situation.
“That doesn’t count though!!! It’s not fair to base her feats off of one encounter like we just did with Sar, Tar, and Ludo!!!”
I'm pretty sure that I, for one, compared her Derrieri situation to Meliodas getting caught by surprise by Merlin, since the issue at hand is surprise during a highly emotional moment...the whole AA comparison is done by Mael, and even indirectly by Ludo whenever he's beg...arguing with her to join the murder squad VS the TC and or Meliodas.
If you're all so hung up on reactions people have to MCs' power, why not admit that Ludo being so desperate for Elizabeth specifically fighting alongside them, as opposed to a big loyal goddess army with at least a few members in Busty's and...Jelamet( was it?)' s range of power and skill implies that Elizabeth had more than enough surprises up her sleeve to handle enough TCs by herself?( Just like they thought they could do themselves) Again, with Elizabeth having no Grace whatsoever... In fact, when he suggested also turning on Meliodas, he didn't even try to think, "damn, should've already brought more goddess warriors or should've waited for noon and my nii-chan to pull this c*ap", he was all, "nah, Elizabeth should turn on him and take him down, I'm too busy sweating buckets and sending for my brown pants". :fan
It's clear that they were counting on a change of attitude for her to earn them complete victory over the TC, not on some miracle power-up, so they already knew( and acted as such) that she was casually in their fighting range.

Real' nice of the AAs, being supposedly her equals or more powerful when employing their Graces, but relying on her to front Indura battles(so far that's what we technically canonically got in a GC situation, not the Sins one towards the EoS), performing abominably against those Indura and only being worth their paychecks when supporting the Goddess who should be a non factor on the battlefield, according to some readers/viewers, and the support being granted in simple, basic mana, nothing else....and that only when the Indura duo upped the ante, cause Elizabeth was more of a threat to them than the oh, so mighty AAs.

I know I’m gonna get salt for it
You said the truth man :catshrug .
Only a return to sender, dearies, only a return to sender...I advise Demon to not stand too close to Schmitty, he might get caught under that pile as well.

As for Nakaba coming up on the spot or anything with Elizabeth's monicker, it's the same thing as with the rest of the GC situation, and specifically as with Ludo's "friend" situation or the "mysterious" SD he was too lazy to really use or develop in canon. He wrote himself into a corner of expectations from the fans then realised he didn't want to write about what he'd started to write, so he made up stuff on the spot. Stuff that doesn't add up as well as all the build up to the grand reveal on the AHW around ch 200, but that's the consequence of his getting bored with his own story and not acknowledging it and begrudgingly tying loose threads...even as late as in semi-canon movies. :catshrug

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Prime Elizabeth is probably red Demon level at most. Her portrayal in the film reflects this by how she can't dodge the most predictable of attacks with 25 years notice and needs Meliodas to protect her.

Her nickname bloody Ellie literally was a lol moment for the fodder demons when they saw her in the underworld. They literally did not fear her so I'm starting to think the nickname is just irony for how she has nothing but healing in her toolkit. She'd probably heal the enemy as they beat her to death tbh. Maybe that's why the Gods were healthy because she just kept healing them as Mel tried to kill them in their fight?

Maybe she's grey Demon level if you want to wank her that saint coat spell was so good it changed the entire plot of the film and made me gag in its power. I mean she literally was able to touch Supreme God Meliodas hand by using this spell so maybe she's not trash but that's kind of wanking her tbh. Her tits are God level but her magic is fodder

:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman:feelsgoodman /s

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Her nickname bloody Ellie literally was a lol moment for the fodder demons when they saw her in the underworld.
Imagine fodder demons knowing about her past nature at first sight, yet none of the Ten Commandments seemed to recognise her at all when they first met her, not even Galand who should be the oldest there. Derieri even asked "Who are you?".