Theory - Arthur's Future | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Arthur's Future

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ok, so we know that currently Arthur is dead or pretty damn close of being it, but we all know that he somehow is gonna come back since we haven't seen what his magic is and what is the deal with Cath. This is a theory I've made about how is he gonna comeback and Nakaba's gonna handle his power-up.

Let me get this straight, the only way Arthur could come back is if he's possessed by a high-ranked demon or goddess.

https://i8.mangareader.net/nanatsu-no-taizai/266/nanatsu-no-taizai-10685095.jpg
https://i4.mangareader.net/nanatsu-no-taizai/266/nanatsu-no-taizai-10685101.jpg

In this panel we get an explanation on how the possession works. We know that Sar's host was ill and in exchange of curing that illness she let herself be possessed by Sariel. The conclusion of this is that if a high-ranked goddess takes over a human body he/she can prevent you from dying or cure you. Now, we know that Arthur is most likely dead and so far any Goddess has shown the power to return somebody to life. Even Tarmiel couldn't return his host to life and had to talk with his soul in order to possess him. But, what if that isn't the case for a god like the SD?

https://i7.mangareader.net/nanatsu-no-taizai/78/nanatsu-no-taizai-4972515.jpg

The Goddess in the Horn of Cernunnos says that bringing back someone's life (like a Fairy's in this case) is an easy task. We know that a high-ranked goddess like Tarmiel can't do it and for the voice of the person in the anime, she's a female. Additionally, she knew about Mel's curse and said to Mel in The Signs of Holy War anime (which is canon) “if you want to continue our battle from 3000 years ago, sadly I don't have a body right now”. Connect the dots: a female goddess capable of bringing someone back to life (thing that even a high-ranked Goddess like Tarmiel can't do) that knows about Mel's curse. It's painfully obvious that the person in this horn can't be other than the SD herself in my opinion (unless Nakaba asspulls an older sibling of Eli, lol).

So, the most likely scenario is that Arthur's soul is going to make a deal with the SD to come back to life in exchange of her possessing his body. Now, this is the question: Would Arthur's body be able to handle the SD? My answer is: Why not? Arthur is massively above any other human in the series (excluding Escanor who has part of the SD's power). There's also the fact that his weapon Excalibur contains the power of several human heroes and he has an innate magic that we don't know anything about (maybe it has something to do with the SD?). Knowing all that, I wouldn't be surprised if he could handle a good chunk of the SD's power, even though she most likely would still be nerfed (like pretty much every goddess in a human vessel).

After that, at some point the SD's probably going to leave his body since hers will be reformed. Like Sariel stated it is possible that part of a high-ranked demon or goddess' power could be left in the human host. My guess is that the power left+his innate magic will be the key of making Arthur one of the strongest characters in the series. Additionally, there's one drawing of Arthur made by Nakaba in which there's an halo surrounding him that is exactly the same that the SD has.

https://pm1.narvii.com/6515/b364e8756057f872a9e81d4fd10589a1b9c218f8_hq.jpg

If so, what's the role of Cath? We know that he's a creature of purgatory confirmed in Volume 33.

https://nanatsu-no-taizai.fandom.com/wiki/Cath

We also know that he cares about Arthur's safety as shown when he tried to protect him from the demons and his angry face when he “died”: He even stated that if Arthur gets stronger the better for him and also stated that if Arthur's power isn't awakened this is all meaningless.

https://i7.mangareader.net/nanatsu-no-taizai/179/nanatsu-no-taizai-7749781.jpg
https://i1.mangareader.net/nanatsu-no-taizai/256/nanatsu-no-taizai-10396783.jpg
https://i8.mangareader.net/nanatsu-no-taizai/257/nanatsu-no-taizai-10405999.jpg

From all of this we can conclude that he wants to do something with Arthur's body. We don't know what it is yet, however, is he an ally or an enemy of Arthur? Now, you will probably think that this question is stupid at best, but actually Cath is based on Cath Palug, a monstrous cat of the Arthurian legends. There are many interpretations about him in the Arthurian legends but most of them have something in common: this monstrous cat and Arthur end up fightning at each other. You can see the different interpretations on this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cath_Palug

To summarize:
  1. Arthur's soul will make a deal with the SD to come back to life in exchange of her possessing his body.

2. Since Arthur's body is way beyond any other human body and has the power of many human heroes, he will be able to handle the SD's power to some extent.

3. At some point, the SD will get out of Arthur's body since her own body will be reconstructed. The residual magic left in Arthur+his innate magic+Excalibur is going to make him one of the strongest characters of the series.

4. Cath is a creature of purgatory that wants to use Arthur's body for something. His current objective is unknown but if Nakaba wants to draw parallels from the Arthurian Legends, this cat could very well end up being Arthur's enemy. We don't know if he's linked to the SD or not.
What do you think? If you have any other ideas regarding that topic feel free to post them. This is my opinion based on what we know at the moment and constructive criticism is obviously accepted.

Aetherventus258

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
good theory, it would be more sustained if cath by chance was a creature of the sky but unfortunately nakaba is fan of the demons and prefers to give everything to them, now speaking in general of the theory, I must say that the support, arthur in these moments this "dead" or in unknown whereabouts and even if it wakes up and draws the sword it would lack someone who heals it or so that it does not die by the wounds and that better than the greater healing power of the series? but you should also add that the clan of the goddesses is the only clan (until now) since it is able to keep souls in objects and remember that the apparent ability of excalibur is to keep the souls of its bearers in the sword.

JellalF

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Let me get this straight, the only way Arthur could come back is if he's possessed by a high-ranked demon or goddess.
No :XD. Hell he isn't even dead, he's just in some coma like state and he is probably going to wake up after getting trough some kind of trial of excalibur in his mind.

Mythoclast

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
I don't want Arthur having any connections whatsoever with a Goddess or Demon.Nakaba already butchered Escanor's freak of nature...nature (:lmao)
I don't want Arthur's freak of nature feel to be taken away too.

This is much more intriguing to me.

-His soul,wandering somewhere inside Excalibur monologuing about how he couldn't repay Merlin's kindness to him.Then suddenly he gets surrounded by all the human heroes/kings that previously wielded Excalibur.
They interact,most likely telling him he's the child of hope,the one who'll lead Britannia and all that jazz,but he hasn't unlocked any of his potential yet.
So the heroes all fuse their souls with Arthur's to speed up his growth.The results will be a massive boost in physical strength,being able to use all the abilities of the heroes even better than them and without any strain.
Then he'll wake up....rip Excalibur from his chest,grow a beard and go to town on everybody.

I think my theory is a plausible way for him to overcome his physical inability and mastering Excalibur.No idea how he'll unlock his magic tho.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I have my doubts about arthur doing this. The gods in this seried are so powerful they cant remain in the human world for long. That is, a planet can't handle them. So regardless of how powerful Arthur is, him holding an entire god sseem to be a bit too much. Add to that that humans can barely handle grances to begin with. I could buy arthur holding a grace tbh but the equivalent to 4 graces seems like a stretch

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m still fond of the idea that Cath is an agent of the SD (though how she snatched him from Purgatory is beyond me since we have literally no idea where she is) to parallel Hawk being an agent of the DK. I could see her playing some role in Arthur’s return.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Arthur can't grow too much in NNT since he'll be the MC in the sequel. I think he'll wake up and do something cool, maybe unlock his Magic momentarily and then he'll stop being really relevant.
Tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if Nakaba avoids the problem of Arthur growing too much in NNT entirely by not having him wake up until this series ends and the sequel begins.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
My idea is that Arthur's magic is somehow linked to Purgatory, which would basically link everything involving his current situation together. The origin of Cath, the souls of the Heroes could potentially be brought out from Excalibur and transferred to Purgatory, potentially allowing him to properly commune and train with them, and, most importantly, would allow him to come back to life as his soul wouldn't have went to the afterlife, but could've potentially went to purgatory.

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bruh Arthur’s magic is probably something insane like stripping or taking away someone’s magic

I wouldn’t be surprised if his magic power undid the curse of the gods and kept Meliodas present in the mortal realm

His magic power reveal is definitely going to cause some controversy
Hmm, you know that type of ability would actually work really well when combined with Excalibur’s abilities. In battle, Arthur could castrate an enemy’s magic and then overwhelm them with his physical abilities.

Oh god yeah people are gonna be so salty when Arthur wakes up. Ya’ll better be prepared for a LOT of whinging.

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Hmm, you know that type of ability would actually work really well when combined with Excalibur’s abilities. In battle, Arthur could castrate an enemy’s magic and then overwhelm them with his physical abilities.

Oh god yeah people are gonna be so salty when Arthur wakes up. Ya’ll better be prepared for a LOT of whinging.
But his physical abilities is nothing lol. Assuming that ability is even legit.

He would get another reality call if he try to do something once again.

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States
But his physical abilities is nothing lol. Assuming that ability is even legit.

He would get another reality call if he try to do something once again.
I’m talking about Excalibur’s techniques. And I doubt that.

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity, those who really don’t want Arthur to do anything of substance in the series, are you guys planning on reading the possible Arthur sequel?

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
I’m talking about Excalibur’s techniques. And I doubt that.
Excalibur technique can't seal magic, what are talking about? And the increase in physical strength is nothing impressive as showed in his funny fight with the high tier Demons that put him in his place.

Just out of curiosity, those who really don’t want Arthur to do anything of substance in the series, are you guys planning on reading the possible Arthur sequel?
It isn't certain that Nakaba will do a sequel, he said that he was planning to do a baseball manga after NNT if I recall correctly.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
I bet Arthur coming back would be making him the strongest character of the series even far surpassing the gods and everyone.
The hype he's getting and the fact that everything was made only for him, he's clearly going to be the strongest character

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Excalibur technique can't seal magic, what are talking about? And the increase in physical strength is nothing impressive as showed in his funny fight with the high tier Demons that put him in his place.
No that’s not what I said. In this hypothetical scenario, Arthur’s innate magical power would neutralize an enemies magic. Then he would use the techniques of Excalibur in a physical fight.

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
I bet Arthur coming back would be making him the strongest character of the series even far surpassing the gods and everyone.
The hype he's getting and the fact that everything was made only for him, he's clearly going to be the strongest character
What hype are you talking about? And lol at him being the strongest.

Not even close, last time, he got trashed by sheer aura.

He is still half dead and you think that he will magically jump all that tier without any training? Lol.

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States

It isn't certain that Nakaba will do a sequel, he said that he was planning to do a baseball manga after NNT if I recall correctly.
Hence why I said “Possible”.......

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
No that’s not what I said. In this hypothetical scenario, Arthur’s innate magical power would neutralize an enemies magic. Then he would use the techniques of Excalibur in a physical fight.
Well, I doubt that he will get that kind of magic and assuming that he get it.

It still wouldn't do anything to being like the Gods.

I doubt that he can do anything to the like of the 4 Archangels even.

But who know, his past performance makes me doubtful about him.

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I doubt that he will get that kind of magic and assuming that he get it.

It still wouldn't do anything to being like the Gods.

I doubt that he can do anything to the like of the 4 Archangels even.

But who know, his past performance makes me doubtful about him.
His magic is a giant question mark so we’re just spit balling possibilities.

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
His magic is a giant question mark so we’re just spit balling possibilities.
Cusack even stated that his level is still far from the previous Human Kings and his body wasn't strong enough to hold and master Excalibur yet. Same Kings who got afraid by Cusack and the other Demons.

His magic need to be a broken hax in order to be relevant and that is likely to be impossible at this stage of the story.