Theory - Arthur's Future | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Arthur's Future

sobreno

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Realistically, I also don't see it, but we're talking about Nakaba here. This is the same dude who made 41K King strong enough to fodderize 200K+ Mael only because his friends got hurt by him. This is the same dude who made Mel's initially fodder emotions strong enough to clash with the DK and later on make him look like a complete joke during the fight inside his body. This is the same dude that hyped Chandler and Cusack calling them the highest ranked and strongest demons only for them to fuse and get oneshotted by an afternoon Mael whose power was decreasing. What I'm saying is that Nakaba's overall powerscaling and powerups tend to be ridiculous and this time not only we have multiple statements regarding Arthur's potential to surpass the Sins and possibly being a game changer for the balance of both clans, but we also know that he has an unknown innate magic that he has yet to awaken.

Let's be honest here, we know Nakaba's writing at this point when it comes to powerscaling and we also know this is a shonen. Do you think he's gonna make Arthur come back only for him to be Commandment tier after all those statements and unknowns about his OG Magic? I don't think so. Even if it doesn't make any sense, I can see Nakaba making him that strong. Like I said, if this was another series, I'd think about it twice, but I don't have much respect left for Nakaba's consistency in power ups and scaling, tbh. I'm kinda expecting anything at this point.

We'll see. Hopefully Nakaba can handle this well and what I said doesn't come true again, but I won't set up my hopes too high. I won't even be surprised if he makes him that strong (even if I think it doesn't make any sense).
Well, you are right but Mael wasn't actually in his right mind and self when he got fodderize by King.

And King actually transformed and matured, he was like a different person as Diane and the rest noticed.

I don't see how a Human can mature and transform here? From fodder to Top Tier with one sleep, he isn't Yusuke and his mazoku things.

Like I said, all that is left is his magic power which is already revealed to be 40K.

Not to mention that he still need to train his body in order to wield correctly Excalibur without getting self destroyed like last time. In short, he still has a long way to go.

That is why I said that saying that he suddenly became top tier, forgot God Tier upon awakening from his mortal wound is stupid.

Nakaba would have to find an excellent excuse or build up for that.

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well, you are right but Mael wasn't actually in his right mind and self when he got fodderize by King.

And King actually transformed and matured, he was like a different person as Diane and the rest noticed.

I don't see how a Human can mature and transform here? From fodder to Top Tier with one sleep, he isn't Yusuke and his mazoku things.

Like I said, all that is left is his magic power which is already revealed to be 40K.

Not to mention that he still need to train his body in order to wield correctly Excalibur without getting self destroyed like last time. In short, he still has a long way to go.

That is why I said that saying that he suddenly became top tier, forgot God Tier upon awakening from his mortal wound is stupid.

Nakaba would have to find an excellent excuse or build up for that.
King literally got 10 times stronger just because of his friends. That's the definition of bad writing. I have one question: would it have even mattered if Mael was in his right mind? The Sinner was probably stronger than him and he was getting overwhelmed by King who was using only one spear out of the multiple ones he can summon. Not to mention, he was miles away from Camelot and the magic decrease was much faster.

Ban is the prime example that shows that humans have the potential to get extremely strong given the right circumstances. He got strong enough to exchange blows with DK possessed Mel. I know DK was nerfed and Ban trained for more than a thousand years to do that, but it is still a massively increase in power compared to before. Why can't Arthur get that strong if he awakens his OG magic? It's not like the majority of Nakaba's power ups have been handled well and with good excuses. Most of them have explanations that are very vague to say the least and the increases in power are even more ridiculous.

Look, I understand your point. It makes little to no sense for Arthur to suddenly woke up and be God level. I completely agree with that, but at the same time, it's not like Nakaba has shown to care that much for the consistency of powerscaling and power ups. I could go on with more examples as to why I think it is that way, but I think you understood my point with what I wrote. Anyways, we'll see. Only time will tell.

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
King literally got 10 times stronger just because of his friends. That's the definition of bad writing. I have one question: would it have even mattered if Mael was in his right mind? The Sinner was probably stronger than him and he was getting overwhelmed by King who was using only one spear out of the multiple ones he can summon. Not to mention, he was miles away from Camelot and the magic decrease was much faster.

Ban is the prime example that shows that humans have the potential to get extremely strong given the right circumstances. He got strong enough to exchange blows with DK possessed Mel. I know DK was nerfed and Ban trained for more than a thousand years to do that, but it is still a massively increase in power compared to before. Why can't Arthur get that strong if he awakens his OG magic? It's not like the majority of Nakaba's power ups have been handled well and with good excuses. Most of them have explanations that are very vague to say the least and the increases in power are even more ridiculous.

Look, I understand your point. It makes little to no sense for Arthur to suddenly woke up and be God level. I completely agree with that, but at the same time, it's not like Nakaba has shown to care that much for the consistency of powerscaling and power ups. I could go on with more examples as to why I think it is that way, but I think you understood my point with what I wrote. Anyways, we'll see. Only time will tell.
Well, King is a fairy and his full potential is reached due to his wings which transformed him.

Humans are different, they reach that kind of growth in the hardest way compared to the others races on their own, as you said yourself Ban.

Do I need to remind how much time and torture he had to go to reach his current level? By simply sleeping? Helped by immortality by the way which is a none Human characteristic.

Thanks to his immortality that his body got adapted forcefully, without it, he would be dead like Merlin's Father.

You get my point? What I am saying is that Nakaba never showed a Human reaching Top Tier upon just sleeping.

I don't know where you even get that it is possible lol.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well, King is a fairy and his full potential is reached due to his wings which transformed him.

Humans are different, they reach that kind of growth in the hardest way compared to the others races on their own, as you said yourself Ban.

Do I need to remind how much time and torture he had to go to reach his current level? By simply sleeping? Helped by immortality by the way which is a none Human characteristic.

Thanks to his immortality that his body got adapted forcefully, without it, he would be dead like Merlin's Father.

You get my point? What I am saying is that Nakaba never showed a Human reaching Top Tier upon just sleeping.

I don't know where you even get that it is possible lol.
The Ban example was just to show that humans can reach this level of growth given the right circumstances and hard will. Of course I know what Ban went through to gain that kind of strength. I already said this in my comment before. His case doesn't even compare with Arthur. Just wanted to say that it is possible for some special humans and the right circumstances and will to reach this kind of growth.

Arthur's case seems to be different. He has been portrayed since the start of the series as something more than just a regular human. Nakaba said long time ago that he was planning on making Arthur stronger than the Sins. The MoC also stated one or two chapters ago that his awakening will be a game changer for the balance of the two clans. To all of this, add the fact the we still need to see his OG Magic, which has been hyped for quite a while now. Mind you, Meliodas reached God Tier because of that "OG Magic" factor, so I don't think the "OG Magic" factor is something you should call a ridiculous idea.

I repeat that again, most of Nakaba's power ups aren't even properly explained and the increases in power are ridiculous. He may have never shown a Human reaching Top or God Tier by sleeping but the things he has shown aren't that far from that consistency-wise. Gowther literally got 10 times stronger just because he remembered who he was. I don't know why you act like if the majority of Nakaba's power-ups and scaling actually made a lot of sense. Why do you see the "Arthur being God Tier after waking up" so impossible when we have power-ups in this series that make even less sense and aren't nearly as foreshadowed as this? Again, I'm not defending it and much less I think it's gonna be good writing if it happens, but considering all the shit Nakaba has made thus far and the hype and statements surrounding Arthur, I can see it happening. Just a possibility. That's all I'm trying to say and only time will prove that to be correct or wrong.

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
The Ban example was just to show that humans can reach this level of growth given the right circumstances and hard will. Of course I know what Ban went through to gain that kind of strength. I already said this in my comment before. His case doesn't even compare with Arthur. Just wanted to say that it is possible for some special humans and the right circumstances and will to reach this kind of growth.

Arthur's case seems to be different. He has been portrayed since the start of the series as something more than just a regular human. Nakaba said long time ago that he was planning on making Arthur stronger than the Sins. The MoC also stated one or two chapters ago that his awakening will be a game changer for the balance of the two clans. To all of this, add the fact the we still need to see his OG Magic, which has been hyped for quite a while now. Mind you, Meliodas reached God Tier because of that "OG Magic" factor, so I don't think the "OG Magic" factor is something you should call a ridiculous idea.

I repeat that again, most of Nakaba's power ups aren't even properly explained and the increases in power are ridiculous. He may have never shown a Human reaching Top or God Tier by sleeping but the things he has shown aren't that far from that consistency-wise. Gowther literally got 10 times stronger just because he remembered who he was. I don't know why you act like if the majority of Nakaba's power-ups and scaling actually made a lot of sense. Why do you see the "Arthur being God Tier after waking up" so impossible when we have power-ups in this series that make even less sense and aren't nearly as foreshadowed as this? Again, I'm not defending it and much less I think it's gonna be good writing if it happens, but considering all the shit Nakaba has made thus far and the hype and statements surrounding Arthur, I can see it happening. Just a possibility. That's all I'm trying to say and only time will prove that to be correct or wrong.
Where you get that the MOC said that his awakening will be a game changer? I don't see that.

Yes, the right circumstances if they are meet which it isn't right now as far as the manga showed for now.

When it happens, we will see but for now, I don't see any clue suggesting that it is possible. I am not saying that it is impossible, just unlikely.

His OG magic was already revealed to be 40K in the databook, you forgot it?

That is why I don't expect him to be God Tier, top tier at best with some miracles.

Meliodas is a bad example as he is the MC of the show in case that you forgot and he keeps getting power up on power up and stated to be God Tier by potential since the start.

So when I see Arthur influencing the balance of the world by his mere presence too, I will believe that he is also a God and God Tier, until that, no.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
What if the kings would be training Arthur in his sleep and that would be making him stronger or something like that

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Another thing to support this theory, which I didn't point out in the first time, is that Arthur wasn't affected by the Piety commandment.

Zeldris is surprised that the Piety commandment didn't react to Arthur at all, which means that he should have been affected by Piety, but somehow it wasn't the case. Why? As far as we know, there are only two ways to not get affected by a commandment once you trigger the effects. The first one is to have a level of power comparable to the creator of the commandments, which means to be a God of a similar caliber to the DK himself. This is supported by the fact that Mel can destroy the DK's curses after obtaining a similar level of power to him. The second one is to have divine protection from a divinity of the same level as the DK, that means divine protection from the SD herself since as of now we don't know about anyone else aside from the SD (and now Mel) that it is on the level as the DK.

We know the first option is impossible, so the only option left is the second one. Arthur actually has divine protection against dark curses and commandments, and this protection should come from the SD, since she is the only one capable of doing these things so far. Just another point that makes this theory about Arthur's future being related to the SD herself a little more believable IMO.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Meh, Merlin can react faster than destiny apparently so seeing her bless Arthur with divine protection from the commandments and curses wouldn't surprise me at all.

Or perhaps Excalibur itself blesses its wielder with certain divine properties? It is a magical sword after all.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Meh, Merlin can react faster than destiny apparently so seeing her bless Arthur with divine protection from the commandments and curses wouldn't surprise me at all.

Or perhaps Excalibur itself blesses its wielder with certain divine properties? It is a magical sword after all.
Merlin has divine protection against all manner of dark curses and commandments by the SD, but nothing so far suggests that she can extend her immunity to other people. So far, it works only exclusively for her and only her. It could be the case, but with the information we have so far, it's unlikely.

Arthur still didn't have Excalibur by the time Zeldris said he got unaffected by his commandment, so I doubt it has anything to do with it, IMO.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Merlin has divine protection against all manner of dark curses and commandments by the SD
It's not really divine protection.. but rather the ability to break dark curses & commandments at will.

The AA's can directly go against a rule of a commandment but will escape its effects due to how the protection is indefinite and always active.

Merlin's been seen to be petrified by a commandment and to be cursed into a coma by Zeldris, but we've also seen her break these effects if she's conscious to do it.

but nothing so far suggests that she can extend her immunity to other people. So far, it works only exclusively for her and only her. It could be the case, but with the information we have so far, it's unlikely.
Eh, Zeldris was able to extend his representative powers and be capable of breaking the commandments effect on anybody. Seeing how Merlin's ''immunity'' is influenced by her will she might be able to extend it to someone else.

Let's not forget as well, Merlin's the Deux Ex Machina for any situation.

Arthur still didn't have Excalibur by the time Zeldris said he got unaffected by his commandment, so I doubt it has anything to do with it, IMO.
I mean, once Excalibur chooses it's wielder it will bless them immediately with specific properties of protection. Even if he doesn't have it on him or near, Excalibur's effects will remain absolute.

It's either that or the SD, but I don't see why she would bless a human she has no interest in (so far).

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Eh, Zeldris was able to extend his representative powers and be capable of breaking the commandments effect on anybody. Seeing how Merlin's ''immunity'' is influenced by her will she might be able to extend it to someone else.

Let's not forget as well, Merlin's the Deux Ex Machina for any situation.
Zeldris literally borrowed his Father's magic, while Merlin only has a blessing. Her case is completely different. As far as we know, she can't extend her immunity to other people. Even when she remembered she had that ability, it still took one month for her to break the commandment, proving that, even though the blessing grants her protection, it doesn't make her entirely invulnerable and still needs time to recover if the curse is powerful.

Tho, I agree that Merlin is a Deux Ex Machina for pretty much everything, so it could probably happen.
I mean, once Excalibur chooses it's wielder it will bless them immediately with specific properties of protection. Even if he doesn't have it on him or near, Excalibur's effects will remain absolute.

It's either that or the SD, but I don't see why she would bless a human she has no interest in (so far).
Is Excalibur that powerful tho? That sword covered in fear at the moment the highest ranked demons released their auras. Looking at it from that perspective, it makes no sense that Excalibur can actually protect Arthur from the DK's curses. Not to mention that Arthur still got affected by Cusack's Resonant magic when he was wielding that sword. It is a really strange case and I think it's unlikely the sword has anything to do with it.

It's either: a) The SD blessed him, b) Merlin somehow could transfer her immunity to him, c) Has something to do with his OG Magic or d) It is related to the MoC (we saw her talking about Arthur in these last chapters).

All of them could potentially be the case, but ultimately I think it's either the SD or the MoC.

Last edited:

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Another thing to support this theory, which I didn't point out in the first time, is that Arthur wasn't affected by the Piety commandment.

Zeldris is surprised that the Piety commandment didn't react to Arthur at all, which means that he should have been affected by Piety, but somehow it wasn't the case. Why? As far as we know, there are only two ways to not get affected by a commandment once you trigger the effects. The first one is to have a level of power comparable to the creator of the commandments, which means to be a God of a similar caliber to the DK himself. This is supported by the fact that Mel can destroy the DK's curses after obtaining a similar level of power to him. The second one is to have divine protection from a divinity of the same level as the DK, that means divine protection from the SD herself since as of now we don't know about anyone else aside from the SD (and now Mel) that it is on the level as the DK.

We know the first option is impossible, so the only option left is the second one. Arthur actually has divine protection against dark curses and commandments, and this protection should come from the SD, since she is the only one capable of doing these things so far. Just another point that makes this theory about Arthur's future being related to the SD herself a little more believable IMO.
You misunderstood it, Zeldoris didn't say that he wasn't affected but that he didn't react to his commandment, meaning that he is an intruder.

Last edited:

Aetherventus258

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
You misunderstood it, Zeldoris didn't say that he wasn't affected but that he didn't react to his commandment, meaning that he is an intruder.
The commandment did not react in arthur even though he had his back was in front of zeldris, and no matter if he was an intruder, the commandment did not affect arthur even though the conditions to affect him were implemented.........

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
The commandment did not react in arthur even though he had his back was in front of zeldris, and no matter if he was an intruder, the commandment did not affect arthur even though the conditions to affect him were implemented.........
But he did escape, he was getting telekinesis on him by Cat.

Nowhere it is stated that he is immune to commandments, that is your own headcanon.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I suspect he has some connection to SD along with MOC, Nakaba once drew him with a Goddess symbol on his head so he is immune to Commandments.

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
I suspect he has some connection to SD along with MOC, Nakaba once drew him with a Goddess symbol on his head so he is immune to Commandments.
I truly doubt that Arthur has any connection to a no Human Clan.

But you could be right as I, indeed, remember that illustration.

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Iirc, some people used to use the top right panel as a clue for a possible connection between Arthur and GC. Normally, I don't care about him too much, so I'm not supporting nor defying the idea. But I'm curious to know if there was another page with a goddess symbol on his head, and to know what the symbol was, a triskele or something? :hmm
Yeah but I am sure that there isn't any connection with the Goddess Clan, neither with the Demon Clan.

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Arthur’s resistance to commandments is still a big question that needs answering.

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Arthur’s resistance to commandments is still a big question that needs answering.
There isn't anything answering because he didn't resist it.

You misunderstood it.

Zeldoris didn't say that he was resisting but that the commandment didn't react to him, meaning that he was an intruder and asked him if he comes to steal property in the castle.