Round of 16 - August vs Erza | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 August vs Erza

Who advances?

• August

• Erza

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia

August
-

Erza Scarlet

Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • During Best of 16 stage, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion ends: May 21st, 2017
Voting ends: May 22nd, 2017

1. All suicide techniques are restricted (Bloodman's kamikaze tech, Iced Shell of any variant, Ars Magia)

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
August will win this one obviously.

Erza actually has magic to hurt August, but I'm not granting her "Makarov's power" here which I find too BS. So if Empyrean can't drop August then Erza has no chance.

It'd be so, so easy if August can use Marin's magic, or something similar... which I'm sure he could.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
August will win this one obviously.

Erza actually has magic to hurt August, but I'm not granting her "Makarov's power" here which I find too BS. So if Empyrean can't drop August then Erza has no chance.

It'd be so, so easy if August can use Marin's magic, or something similar... which I'm sure he could.
Do you mean Transport of Jacob?August can cast that also.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Do you mean Transport of Jacob?August can cast that also.
Nah Marin's magic of the area (or whatever it's called). Stops spatial magic so Erza wouldn't be able to requip.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Nah Marin's magic of the area (or whatever it's called). Stops spatial magic so Erza wouldn't be able to requip.
Or August can use the Sleeping Magic he used against Brandish.If he can put to sleep Brandish then there is no reason why he can't put to sleep Erza.

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
P.Attack - August >> Erza
M.Attack - August >> Erza
Defense - August >>> Erza
Intellect - August >> Erza
Stamina - August > Erza
Speed - August >>> Erza
MP - August >>>>>> Erza

August >>>>> Erza
Diff - 1\10

Erza has no chance against him. There is no to talk about.
Even Erza's magic is not hold type, August can easily end her magic like nothing and blitz her with hers weapons.
Nodiff.

Unnamed Namesake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
August is the king of magic for a reason. He's already mastered Meteor. He's mastered Racer's magic. There's no way in hell Erza can even touch him, let alone beat him. And if there's a giant pillar of fire from him phasing alone, Erza gets hilariously curbstomped.

THE COUNTRY-DEMOLISHING, FOXY GRANDPA HIMSELF

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's funny that Erza is one of the few who August actually can't copy.. Doesn't change much though. Even with POF, August stomps.
I hoped Erza would last longer...

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Erza uses Nakagami Armor to bend the laws of August's copying magic :heh
Naah but jokes aside :XD
August no diffs her. This might possibly be the most one sided match up in this entire tourney. :notrust

Ice Hunter

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Why August have to face Erza smh... He should face Gildart so we could speculate their actual fight in the manga....

The winner is so clear as black and white... and everybody know who will win this round

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
The problem is Erza can't deal anyway with August.

August's Melt can very well one shot Erza,Can transport Erza into another dimension like Jacob can put to sleep, Erza.Use Bullet magic to pierce Erza,Use Slowing Magic of Sawyer to slow Erza and the options are limitless.

In the words of Escanor Erza after seeing this matchup says,"I drew the worst of the lot".Even though Escanor can change the equation in day which Erza cannot.

And August is the only one against whom even going POF doesn't help.Like Gildarts got enraged after August said he will kill Cana but still couldn't damage him.

Last edited:

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Shit, Erza has it even worse than Gray.
August stomps obviously, without PiS he's basically unstoppable. He's got Reflector so swords are useless, he's got Crash so he'll be busting up Erza's armors, Sound magic to hear Erza's thoughts(strategy is one of her best assets), i could go on and on.

If this is Makarov powered Erza and PiS August i'll say Erza makes it to mid diff by landing a super powered surprise attack on August when he lets his guard down after thinking shes defeated(she never is). After that August just puts her down a few times, Erza gets back up a few times, and eventually August is forced to Death Beam her through the brain a few times to make sure she's dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.