Round of 16 - August vs Erza | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 August vs Erza

Who advances?

• August

• Erza

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Ars Magia is not suicidal technic, August try to cast it before their fight with Gildarts and even after fight Mavis confirm that he just spent too much magic power.
Laser... it was Dimaria's attack. Her finger shot.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Quick question - how many times has August used a spell where the person who originally used it wasn't there? It seems like, with a handful of exceptions, the original user of the magic needed to be present for him to use it, so in this case, he'd be limited to Exquip magic (which would either be using Erza's weapons/armour, or drawing from his own Exquip dimension which would be empty).

There's the sleep spell (the only person who could have possibly had that one would be Mest, which would only add to his disturbing factor) and a barrier to protect Ajeel (though depending on the range of his powers, that could have been Freed or Makarov - we never clearly saw the barrier), but that's all that I recall.

I thought the laser he used on Mirajane was another example, but someone pointed it out to me once that Eileen used the same sort of laser in her fight with Erza.

There's also Ars Magia, but seeing as that seems to be guaranteed to kill him if he uses it, it's not worth discussing.
Plenty of instances
Besides, there was no mention of August losing magic he has copied. Its a rather important detail, something that would definitely have been mentioned if it was the case. The fact that it wasnt even alluded to probably means that yeah, August keeps his magic,

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Here's something fighters understand; "Styles makes fights"

Erza wins. August's main gimmick is rendered useless, and he'll be pressed to play into Erza's strengths in which case he'd lose.

Ecc 9:11 tells something remarkable:
"The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favour to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all".

Think about it; Natsu, aka strongest guy in the tournament, could've lost to Larcade during his own round-- the poll also indicated that it was close-- because of the nature of Larcade's power. In the same way Natsu could've lost, August too faces the same situation. August's battle power exceeds Erza's own, but how can he realistically proceed when he's facing the only person that can completely rendered his main power useless? The timing of this match couldn't be anymore perfect for weaker characters to potentially shine in this tournament.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France

Erza wins. August's main gimmick is rendered useless, and he'll be pressed to play into Erza's strengths in which case he'd lose.

"The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favour to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all".

Think about it; Natsu, aka strongest guy in the tournament, could've lost to Larcade during his own round-- the poll also indicated that it was close-- because of the nature of Larcade's power. In the same way Natsu could've lost, August too faces the same situation. August's battle power exceeds Erza's own, but how can he realistically proceed when he's facing the only person that can completely rendered his main power useless? The timing of this match couldn't be anymore perfect for weaker characters to potentially shine in this tournament.
Please no.

Natsu isn't the strongest guy in the tournament. August is, followed by Zeref since he doesn't have immortality on his side.
Erza doesn't render August's power useless at all. August won't be able to copy Erza's magic, that is all. As said previously already, and countless times and even in other threads, there's no proof that August can't keep the magics he's copied, and he's actually been shown using magics his opponents were not wielding. With that in mind, Erza stands no chance.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear

Erza's style doesn't render August's power moot at all. August retains whatever spells/magic he's seen before, and that includes things like Meteor, Reflector and Telepathy (just to name a few). He's also likely to be able to use a majority of Jellal's Heavenly Body magic since Jellal stated that him and the OS had tried 'everything' against him. And even though he can't use his copy/nullify hax to render Erza's attacks useless, he can easily tank them considering that he took Gildarts' strongest attack and the only noticeable damage was in the form of a blood stain in his beard. And this is assuming Erza even manages to get a hit in since he got probably one-shot her right away with Melt. He could also just resort to beating her via CQC since he was getting the better of Gildarts for the most part.

Edit: Damn @Takuan, you beat me to it. :XD

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Please no.

Natsu isn't the strongest guy in the tournament. August is, followed by Zeref since he doesn't have immortality on his side.
Erza doesn't render August's power useless at all. August won't be able to copy Erza's magic, that is all. As said previously already, and countless times and even in other threads, there's no proof that August can't keep the magics he's copied, and he's actually been shown using magics his opponents were not wielding. With that in mind, Erza stands no chance.
You'd find that I don't easily dance to whatever tune I hear.
Natsu is the strongest. Zeref needs his immortality just to keep up, and in this tournament he doesn't have FH.

Let me emphasise that this is a tournament not one of those regular vs threads you can always revisit, thus all participants should approach it as such. We should all be communicating primarily with unquestionable fact & data as opposed to speculation. I won't assume what August is able to do now, especially since there's no end to an assumption until confirmed by the Author. For example, I could also assume that "August copying power has some sort of time duration, and once that time is exceeded, he can't utilise that which he had previously copied. I assume this to be the case because.............................."

Then you'd assume something else about my assumption, and the game doesn't end. In the regular vs thread, this is fine but since this is a tournament and time is short, I'm not all that interested in the assumptions.

August doesn't advance.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu is the strongest. Zeref needs his immortality just to keep up, and in this tournament he doesn't have FH.

Let me emphasise that this is a tournament not one of those regular vs threads you can always revisit, thus all participants should approach it as such. We should all be communicating primarily with unquestionable fact & data as opposed to speculation. I won't assume what August is able to do now, especially since there's no end to an assumption until confirmed by the Author. For example, I could also assume that "August copying power has some sort of time duration, and once that time is exceeded, he can't utilise that which he had previously copied. I assume this to be the case because.............................."

Then you'd assume something else about my assumption, and the game doesn't end. In the regular vs thread, this is fine but since this is a tournament and time is short, I'm not all that interested in the assumptions.

August doesn't advance.
99% of this post was meaningless drivel that did nothing to explain how in the hell Natsu would beat someone who can literally negate magic. Nor does it rationalize the claim that August somehow becomes a lifeless punching bag the moment he faces a mage with holder magic. For someone who advocates for using facts and data you certainly didn't bring any of your own.

I may be a hardcore Natsu fan but August advances.

Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear

August doesn't advance.
But the argument of August retaining magic he's copied isn't an assumption. At all. It's a genuine fact.
He used Meteor whilst Jellal was no where near him. Saying he can't retain magic is flat out disagreeing with canon. Besides, he doesn't even need to have any of his retained magic to beat Erza since he's got better durability than her and is at least on par with Erza in CQC. And that's giving Erza the benefit of the doubt, because I highly doubt she'd be able to contend with Gildarts in CQC for that long, an opponent that August is on par with or better than in CQC. The only thing that stopped August from stomping Gildarts and Cana was PIS, and even then he was murking them for the majority of the fight.

An August without PIS is a nightmare for everyone in this tourney not named Zeref (and maybe Irene), they're just utterly outclassed.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Sorry Erza, but you're no longer within the safety of Hiro's terrible writing and you're now in the MH forums: the one place where your PoF nakama bullshit isn't going to do for you jack diddly squat :e3:handgun

August tanks every single attack she throws at him, laughs, stabs her in the chest with a stick and stomps on her bloody corpse.
Why are you using that panel? Isn't it Acnologia stomping on Irene? How is that related to August stomping Erza?
:XD

More like, Zeref can't use too many spells in order for Natsu to stand a chance. And August is so powerful that he needed to have a BS reason to lose. Ain't no way Erza or 99.999999% of characters beating August or even Zeref, for now.

And I like Erza.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Is that another way to say "Whatever you're saying i'm not going to change my mind"? If you're not open to debate there's no point continuing any further.

Zeref was already top tier before having FH, and Natsu has never been shown having the upperhand on Zeref (aside from their first fight, where Zeref wasn't even fighting for real). Aside from Zeref who CAN be considered inferior to Natsu with no immortality (which is already open to debate since we should take neither PoF (Natsu) nor PiS (Zeref) into consideration), August is still the strongest. Unless you can tell me how Natsu can win against an opponent who's immute to his magic and wields even more magics than Zeref.

Alright, let's talk about facts.
August has been known to be the King of Magic, mastering more magic than Zeref. He has been shown to be able to counter and use the magics of CS members (namely, Jellal, Cobra, Racer and Midnight). During his fight against Gildarts he used Meteor again despite Jellal not being present.
He also used several magics that were not wielded by any characters nearby: his shield against Laxus's shield, his suicidal attack, and the sleep magic he used on Brandish. I could talk about telepathy during his fight against CS, but Jellal might be able to use this - shown during his council time? I don't recall.
Anyway, these are facts from the manga. I don't think you can argue with that. Was my asumption really an asumption then?
You're actually the guy trying to create August limitations that were never stated or shown in the manga.

August doesn't advance.
Be prepared for a desilusion if you really think Erza advances against August. But feel free to believe so.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why are you using that panel? Isn't it Acnologia stomping on Irene? How is that related to August stomping Erza?
I said August "stomps on her bloody corpse", so it was supposed to show what was going to happen to Erza. Like mother like daughter, ya know? :)

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I said August "stomps on her bloody corpse", so it was supposed to show what was going to happen to Erza. Like mother like daughter, ya know? :)
I was joking.

But yes, I agree. No plot to help Erza, so even if she puts up a very good fight, she's not gonna be winning this one. It literally took August letting himself die because he saw his mom to make him go down. Not someone else's power, not Natsu or Gildarts' power, but August loving his mom.

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
And even with s
Is that another way to say "Whatever you're saying i'm not going to change my mind"? If you're not open to debate there's no point continuing any further.

Zeref was already top tier before having FH, and Natsu has never been shown having the upperhand on Zeref (aside from their first fight, where Zeref wasn't even fighting for real). Aside from Zeref who CAN be considered inferior to Natsu with no immortality (which is already open to debate since we should take neither PoF (Natsu) nor PiS (Zeref) into consideration), August is still the strongest. Unless you can tell me how Natsu can win against an opponent who's immute to his magic and wields even more magics than Zeref.

Alright, let's talk about facts.
August has been known to be the King of Magic, mastering more magic than Zeref. He has been shown to be able to counter and use the magics of CS members (namely, Jellal, Cobra, Racer and Midnight). During his fight against Gildarts he used Meteor again despite Jellal not being present.
He also used several magics that were not wielded by any characters nearby: his shield against Laxus's shield, his suicidal attack, and the sleep magic he used on Brandish. I could talk about telepathy during his fight against CS, but Jellal might be able to use this - shown during his council time? I don't recall.
Anyway, these are facts from the manga. I don't think you can argue with that. Was my asumption really an asumption then?
You're actually the guy trying to create August limitations that were never stated or shown in the manga.

Be prepared for a desilusion if you really think Erza advances against August. But feel free to believe so.
No ambiguity. I literally don't dance to whatever tune I hear. Bias had so much tainted this place that there's little room for objectivity--I've addressed this before.

Natsu has the capability to utterly vaporise Zeref with his DF and did so irrespective on the immortality and FH power-up. The Zeref participating in the tournament is weaker than Natsu and substantially weaker than what Natsu is currently dealing with atm.

August copy magic is his primary weapon and what made him so dangerous. That ability is useless here, effectively forcing him to play Ezra's game and get close. Every destructive ability August had utilised, with his suicide blast being the sole exception, pales in comparison to Irene's enchanted meteor, so he's not overpowering Erza whatsoever. I could also talk in detail how Erza is also able to perform better some of the main things a few had mentioned to August's advantage, like neutralisation, but that is utimately trivial to the main point I've expressed which is that August's ability won't work on Erza, thus he would have to rely on inferior means to combat Erza, and lose.

Pheromone

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
August copy magic is his primary weapon and what made him so dangerous. That ability is useless here, effectively forcing him to play Ezra's game and get close.
Erza's Requip is a Caster-Type, not a Holder-Type.

August can copy and nullify as he pleases here. Erza can't touch him.

Enima

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
And even with s
No ambiguity. I literally don't dance to whatever tune I hear. Bias had so much tainted this place that there's little room for objectivity--I've addressed this before.

Natsu has the capability to utterly vaporise Zeref with his DF and did so irrespective on the immortality and FH power-up. The Zeref participating in the tournament is weaker than Natsu and substantially weaker than what Natsu is currently dealing with atm.

August copy magic is his primary weapon and what made him so dangerous. That ability is useless here, effectively forcing him to play Ezra's game and get close. Every destructive ability August had utilised, with his suicide blast being the sole exception, pales in comparison to Irene's enchanted meteor, so he's not overpowering Erza whatsoever. I could also talk in detail how Erza is also able to perform better some of the main things a few had mentioned to August's advantage, like neutralisation, but that is utimately trivial to the main point I've expressed which is that August's ability won't work on Erza, thus he would have to rely on inferior means to combat Erza, and lose.
Zeref probably could've blocked Natsu's attack to reduce the damage, but he chose not to since it couldn't affect him anyway.

Erza uses caster magic to store her armours in another dimension. In other words, by copying her magic August could gain access to all of her armours and weapons. He could also stop Erza from accessing this dimension since he has more MP than Erza. Powerful abilities? How about creating a fire blast so powerful, even a top tier Fire DS was unable to nullify it.
It looks like August could've melted that meteor.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
again, how can Erza deal with someone who knows so many different forms of magic when she won't have plot to protect her? And again, at this point it seems only Acnologia clearly has the power to beat August.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
again, how can Erza deal with someone who knows so many different forms of magic when she won't have plot to protect her? And again, at this point it seems only Acnologia clearly has the power to beat August.
dont its pointless Erza has over 100--->Armors and is immune to all August magic spells....

Status
Not open for further replies.