Round of 16 - August vs Erza | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 August vs Erza

Who advances?

• August

• Erza

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
It's funny that Erza is one of the few who August actually can't copy.
Why he can't copy her magic? Requip is not hold type magic, Erza doesn't need any material or item to use magic. August just stops her magic and bring her armor to himself:s

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
Shit, Erza has it even worse than Gray.
August stomps obviously, without PiS he's basically unstoppable. He's got Reflector so swords are useless, he's got Crash so he'll be busting up Erza's armors, Sound magic to hear Erza's thoughts(strategy is one of her best assets), i could go on and on.

If this is Makarov powered Erza and PiS August i'll say Erza makes it to mid diff by landing a super powered surprise attack on August when he lets his guard down after thinking shes defeated(she never is). After that August just puts her down a few times, Erza gets back up a few times, and eventually August is forced to Death Beam her through the brain a few times to make sure she's dead.
And then she's gonna get right back up which he wouldn't be able to take it anymore to the point he'll use Ars Magia.:derp

Why he can't copy her magic? Requip is not hold type magic, Erza doesn't need any material or item to use magic. August just stops her magic and bring her armor to himself:s
No her armors and weapons are separate from requip because for one she doesn't magically creates them, she buys them from some company and then have them stored in a dimension which btw is limited to a certain number. Now think about it, what if there's no armors nor weapons, what will she requip to? That's what makes her a holder type mage since she needs them and the main reason why she spent years of training to achieve Requip which was stated in one of the vol.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Wiki mentions Re equip magic as both Caster and Holder Magic.

Difficult to put Erza's case.Though it doesn't change the result.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I dont think having requip magic gives control of someone elses requips. Can Erza unrequip Bisca's guns? I doubt it.

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I dont think having requip magic gives control of someone elses requips. Can Erza unrequip Bisca's guns? I doubt it.
Indeed they can't because they both have different " Space " in where they store they items..

Still, it's possible that August can simply undo Erza Requips and send her armors back to her storage space ( IMO he can because Erza summoning Armor would be a part of Knight magic that goes for Caster type later Erza wearing Armor and use techniques with it would be Holder type ) << But whatever he can or can't do that won't change the flow of this fight anyway it would only make August Victory more easy than it already is.

Smh I've started imagining August in Seduction Armor :feelsbadman

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Ok this is unfair, August shouldn't be in this tournament.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
No her armors and weapons are separate from requip because for one she doesn't magically creates them, she buys them from some company and then have them stored in a dimension which btw is limited to a certain number. Now think about it, what if there's no armors nor weapons, what will she requip to? That's what makes her a holder type mage since she needs them and the main reason why she spent years of training to achieve Requip which was stated in one of the vol.
Requip is not a holder type magic, Erza uses magic to bring items from another dimension (or from her house :hee). She doesn't use any items to use magic.
Holder type is magic items. Celestial keys, Jellal's sticks, Biska's gun. August can't summon spirit bs he has no key, he can't copy bullet from Biska bs he has no her gun, but Erza uses simple magic with dimensions and portals like Jacob or Marin.

Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Requip, the act of changing armours, is not holder magic. The armours themselves are holder magic. Unless August specifically tries to cancel Erza's ability to cast requip, and I'm not sure he can do that, Erza should be able to damage August with her armours. The real question is whether or not Erza can damage August more than Gildarts did with his True Heaven finisher.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Even if Erza could pull out an attack on par with Absolute Heaven, she still isnt winning. Its not like August was actually beaten by that attack, at best it just made August realize beating Gildarts would take too long, something he doesnt need to worry about in this tournament.

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't know, August seems really weak to swords, he got pierced by Brandish's knife (that looked like a sword because it was big asf)

I would totally give it to August and I aknowledge he is way stronger but Erza can counter his magic, and I don't know what magic he keeps. (Why didnt he use reflector against Cana's card ?)

Well anyway, I'll vote Erza bc August's presence in the tournament is no fun. Like Zeref, Gildarts Irene apart,Erza thanks to her magic may be the only one who stands a chance to dammage him, so he really is no fun.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I don't know, August seems really weak to swords, he got pierced by Brandish's knife (that looked like a sword because it was big asf)

I would totally give it to August and I aknowledge he is way stronger but Erza can counter his magic, and I don't know what magic he keeps. (Why didnt he use reflector against Cana's card ?)

Well anyway, I'll vote Erza bc August's presence in the tournament is no fun. Like Zeref, Gildarts Irene apart,Erza thanks to her magic may be the only one who stands a chance to dammage him, so he really is no fun.
He did use Sleeping Magic on Brandish where no mages at that place knew that particular magic.So it's clear he keeps every magic he copies.As he will not be restricted here he can freely use all magics.

Especially he was taken off-guard by Brandish.But here he will not even allow Erza's swords to reach him.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
Requip is not a holder type magic, Erza uses magic to bring items from another dimension (or from her house :hee). She doesn't use any items to use magic.
Holder type is magic items. Celestial keys, Jellal's sticks, Biska's gun. August can't summon spirit bs he has no key, he can't copy bullet from Biska bs he has no her gun, but Erza uses simple magic with dimensions and portals like Jacob or Marin.
Dude I know Requip isn't a holder Magic but it's really pointless to have it if you don't have anything to requip to that's not stored in your dimension. August may can copy that, but he surely doesn't have anything to requip to except storing that staff of his in a dimension.l is all I'm saying. But regardless either way he still owns her

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Imho there's no character in the tournament that can defeat August. And yeah, if there is a August VS Zeref match-up i'll vote AUgust since Zeref's imortality is restricted.
August is unstoppable with no PiS involved.
No more than no-diff.

inactive lurker account

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
At this point it seems that whenever August is placed in a tournament, three key questions come up in my mind that all boil down to 'what would the king of magic do':

1. If he is set to face a weak opponent: how many ways can he win, and which ones look interesting?

2. If he is set to face a strong opponent: how many ways can he defend and counterattack, and which ones look interesting?

3. If one is to determine whether his opponent is weak or strong: to what extent will he be pushed to unleash deadlier spells and aggressive maneuvers?

The guy is so versatile regardless of his power ranking, and the way he was handled in the story did not do him justice (did volume 61 even say anything about his demise?), so might as well fantasize and speculate as to what more he can do via this tournament.

I wouldn't want to cast my vote on a very one-sided match-up though...

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is August able to retain the Magic he copies? I don't remember that being shown or stated in the Manga. I picked Erza anyway.

Erza already bested Midnight's Magic. Reflector and Illusion.
Erza already tanked the full magical power of Tenrou Island twice. Don't think Melt is going to damage her.
Erza already bested a stronger form of Jellal's Magic with broken arms.

Problem is we don't know rather able retains the magic he copies. Considering he was dodging Cana card attacks I am pretty sure he doesn't have Reflector anymore. Since she is a Holder type Mage then August can't nullify her magic. August also doesn't have any good durability feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.