Anime - Berserk (2016) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Berserk (2016)

Souvik

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
It would be more entertaining if Guts gets a little stronger . Sheer aggression can't beat the need for humongous strength which he needs to kill Griffin...

llamapie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I guess the reaction I can give is "content". It was okay. I expect it to get better like everything else. This episode was to lay the groundwork for the place Guts lives in. But ya the CGI is a gigantic negative. I really hope it gets better.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I still want to watch it, ignoring the fact that it's a floppy. But where can I watch it in the highest quality and updates fast?
:notamused
Crunchyroll will be the fastest. They stream it the exact time it's airing in Japan. But that comes with a $6.99/month price tag.

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
This is one of the worst first episodes i've ever seen.

- Skipping stuff already
- The animation is garbage
- Fight scenes are ridiculous
- No emotions on the faces
- What's with all the zoom in

Most of us knew it will not be great, but is it really too much to ask for a good adaption of this Manga...
One day, in 10-15 years, after the manga is finally over, we will get an anime that will go through the whole story without skipping the important part, I'm sure we will.
Until that day, we have to do with what we got...

Dragoon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Lol to be honest I think most fans of berserk will still bitch that it doesn't meet their standards and can't compare to the manga

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
One day, in 10-15 years, after the manga is finally over, we will get an anime that will go through the whole story without skipping the important part, I'm sure we will.
Until that day, we have to do with what we got...
10-15 years is really generous. The manga will likely still be going in 20 years.
Lol to be honest I think most fans of berserk will still bitch that it doesn't meet their standards and can't compare to the manga
Well when you see lesser mangas get superb animation and we're stuck with this crappy CGI you can see why we complain.

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Well it can be explained by the fact that Berserk isn't mainstream, or a shounen for that matter, so we'll most likely never have a long running adaptation of it.

All those lesser titles are pretty mainstream, and somewhat popular.And if even popular stuff like OP gets a crappy anime...

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
It still is kinda sad tho that many of the mainstream animes aren't even trying to be orginal nor intelligent in any way and yet they get nice budgets but a dark epic like berserk that should be given the utmost care gets shitty cgi (not all cgi is bad but this one is, imo)

Last edited:

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
A lot of it has to do with the studio I imagine. Clearly they think their work is top notch... I am yet to meet or hear of anyone who likes this cell shaded CGI style. It's just so distracting and not pleasing to the eye. When I say "lesser" titles I need you guys to realize it isn't an insult; I simply hold Berserk as the apex on the mountain that is manga. In particular I would have loved Berserk to get the same quality animation as attack on titan, hajime no ippo, sword art online - etc. They're all excellent and Berserk really could use that level of quality. But yea even when this series is done (if ever) we will likely get the quality adaptation of the entire story from start to finish at that point.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
A lot of it has to do with the studio I imagine. Clearly they think their work is top notch... I am yet to meet or hear of anyone who likes this cell shaded CGI style. It's just so distracting and not pleasing to the eye. When I say "lesser" titles I need you guys to realize it isn't an insult; I simply hold Berserk as the apex on the mountain that is manga. In particular I would have loved Berserk to get the same quality animation as attack on titan, hajime no ippo, sword art online - etc. They're all excellent and Berserk really could use that level of quality. But yea even when this series is done (if ever) we will likely get the quality adaptation of the entire story from start to finish at that point.
See I don't get that,that expectation that Berserk will get the adaptation it deserves once the manga is finally published in its entirety. No offense but it's a bit of a fallacy, because titles such as HunterxHunter got a pretty good adaptation, and the manga is far from being finished. Same as JJBA, it's still running till this day as a manga, and yet each year or so there's a new part that gets adaptated. So it's not a matter of the manga having been published in its entirety, and in the case of a title like Parasite, it took years after the manga was done publishing to see a new adaptation. So there's actually no clear indication of what could happen once the manga is completed, if it ever gets completed in our time and it's not a matter of it being finished or not.
At this point it could really be a question of luck, and obviously we haven't got any with Berserk as of late, whether it's the multiple crappy adaptations, or the manga itself since the author doesn't seem to be willing or able to work on his story as much as he used to in the past.

I'll say this again,imo there's no way I could ever see the kind of adaptation that I envision for Berserk happening, because I'll always bitch about the art. So I'll always prefer the manga because of said art, so I've made my peace with it honestly. Whether Berserk gets a good adaptation in the future or not, I'm only hoping that I get to read the rest of the story, as it gets published and that Miura won't die before he finishes it. I'm more worried about that than any anime adaptation they could ever come up with.

But I guess what annoys me the most, is those unscrupulous individuals and studios who try to sell us anything Berserk related, just because it has the name Berserk on it. People should stop supporting those projects, and stop having that mentality that they'll buy or watch anything just because they're a fan of it.You need to support something that has some quality to it, if it's crap then it's not worth wasting your time and money on it. At least that's how I feel. I only watched the first episode because I wanted to give them a chance, and not judge without having seen the real thing.The trailer alone isn't enough to have a good idea of what the adaptation will be like. I'll prolly not watch the rest, because if the first episode is that crappy then it's not reassuring. It can only get worse from there, because the first episodes of an anime are supposed to be the best in terms of animation etc, so they put more effort into it because they want to sell their product and get people hooked.
At least that's what happens with standard animation.

Last edited:

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
The hell... I made 2 double posts and a repeat post... my data must be off...

Errr anyways, yeah. Berserk is one of the best works of art I've come across both story wise and, well, art wise. Sure fucks you up the first you read it tho lol or was that just me? I wasn't even in my teens anymore when I started it ._.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco

Errr anyways, yeah. Berserk is one of the best works of art I've come across both story wise and, well, art wise. Sure fucks you up the first you read it tho lol or was that just me? I wasn't even in my teens anymore when I started it ._.
Yeah it fucks you up, even as an adult.Some things are just hard to stomach, till this day I can't read the eclipse chapters without feeling a bit disgusted, especially the rape scene.:/

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I may well skip that part when I re-read berserk since it's so painfully burned into my memory (hopefully when miura finally ends the manga if ever)

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
But I guess what annoys me the most, is those unscrupulous individuals and studios who try to sell us anything Berserk related, just because it has the name Berserk on it. People should stop supporting those projects, and stop having that mentality that they'll buy or watch anything just because they're a fan of it.You need to support something that has some quality to it, if it's crap then it's not worth wasting your time and money on it. At least that's how I feel. I only watched the first episode because I wanted to give them a chance, and not judge without having seen the real thing.The trailer alone isn't enough to have a good idea of what the adaptation will be like. I'll prolly not watch the rest, because if the first episode is that crappy then it's not reassuring. It can only get worse from there, because the first episodes of an anime are supposed to be the best in terms of animation etc, so they put more effort into it because they want to sell their product and get people hooked.
At least that's what happens with standard animation.
If we don't support everythhing they do about Berserk, they will think it's not popular enough, and then we will never get better stuff later on, like a game, or a better adaptation.
It sucks, but the only thing we can do, to help our dream come true, is support the anime, right now.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
If we don't support everythhing they do about Berserk, they will think it's not popular enough, and then we will never get better stuff later on, like a game, or a better adaptation.
It sucks, but the only thing we can do, to help our dream come true, is support the anime, right now.
Nope if you do support stuff that you're not convinced of, they'll just continue releasing the same lackluster material and basically milk the series.
People should voice their disapproval of it, and one of the good ways to do that is through your wallet, as in don't give them the impression that you're willing to waste your money on it.
Things will never change as long as these projects get the unconditional support of the fans.They'll see that as your approval and that they're doing things right, when they're not.So they'll never question their work, unlike if it bombed. People should realize by now that they see that as a sign that they can milk the series, and sell the fans pretty much everything, even if it's crap.

Last edited:

Bonefist

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I don't remember being shocked when I started reading the manga, to be honest. I don't like the rape parts, but that's all. It must depend on people.

They're trying to attract new readers with the anime. I don't see this as milking. It's not One Piece or Evangelion with their ninety spin-offs, figurines, video games... And Miura must have said yes to the by-products. Maybe he just wants money. :kappa
For on-going (on-going as no end planned) anime, they have a limited budget, it explains why One Piece and other on-going series are pretty bad.
But there are jobs behind by-products.

And I agree with you all, this episode was not good, the CG looked like a 1990's game.
The only good thing I found is that we don't know what's going on, just like the manga.

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I don't remember being shocked when I started reading the manga, to be honest. I don't like the rape parts, but that's all. It must depend on people.

They're trying to attract new readers with the anime. I don't see this as milking. It's not One Piece or Evangelion with their ninety spin-offs, figurines, video games... And Miura must have said yes to the by-products. Maybe he just wants money. :kappa
For on-going (on-going as no end planned) anime, they have a limited budget, it explains why One Piece and other on-going series are pretty bad.

And I agree with you all, this episode was not good, the CG looked like a 1990's game.
The only good thing I found is that we don't know what's going on, just like the manga.
The gore wasn't bad to me (typical american here) but the rape scenes just... ugh, casca's and the troll one's were the worst

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2

No, it's not just you. I actually started by watching the original anime and the last 2 episodes (eclipse) had me going "wtf!!!!!!" nonstop. I had to see more so I invested in the manga volumes. No regrets whatsoever.

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Oh man... I originally saw the eclipse arc in the manga but the animated eclipse part thru the 3rd movie instead of the anime and damn did that suck. It was so well done (albeit fucked up) and the sounds... ugh.

Sadly it doesn't seem guts will ever get the revenge he wants unless he sacrifices casca for a shot at godhood which I can't see happening so I am interested in how miura will end guts' story

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco

Put your grasses on, nothing will be wong.:XD

But Berserk has figurines(Art of war), and has an upcoming video game, so how can that not be milking? :oh

And I thought it was 24 episodes long.:wonder

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I'm just waiting for that Gods hand OST and the damn Hai yo song ... There are no links yet.