Anime - Berserk (2016) | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Berserk (2016)

Dragoon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I loved the video xD

I really loved the forces and sign ost

Bonefist

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
But Berserk has figurines(Art of war), and has an upcoming video game, so how can that not be milking? :oh

And I thought it was 24 episodes long.:wonder
I didn't know about Berserk having so much figurines. :XD
The problem is that Berserk is serialized since 1989. 27 years, three video games (counting the new one), figurines and other little things. It's not that much.
I don't see adaptions as milking, though. See Shingeki no Kyojin with its spin-offs and shits...

For the series length, I was just saying the series with no end in sight have less budget, it's a fact.
Now if this anime looks like that, it's just a bias. They decided that, even if we don't like it.

goodyfresh

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
My thoughts when watching it were "BURN IT! BURN ALL COPIES OF THIS EPISODE WITH FIRE! PURIFYING FLAMES TO DESTROY THE ABOMINATION!"

That pretty much sums it up.

I mean, Isidro being in the tavern where Guts meets Puck? The entire Count and Lost Children arcs getting skipped and replaced by a Demon Tree with questionable CGI? Come on guys, what's the damn rush? Also, I heard that they promised Miura they would faithfully adapt his series. They basically lied to him about what they would do here. And have been pushing him around since. Miura is known as a very softspoken and withdrawn guy, so it all seems very feasible. I cannot in my wildest dreams imagine that Miura actually approves in any way of this adaptation of his work.

Oh, and how in the world are we going to get a non-BS explanation for the Holy Iron Chain Knights managing to capture Guts, considering in this adaptation he isn't fresh off a brutal, exhausting, multi-day battle against Rosine and her minions? We all know that no human army can catch him (by the time of that arc) unless he lets them or he is severely wounded and worn-down.

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Funny how a guy who draws such a hardcore manga is so timid

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Funny how a guy who draws such a hardcore manga is so timid
He's not only timid but he's also a pushover apparently lol . There was a comic in YA with various mangaka, and it kinda made that point about his personality iirc.

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
He's not only timid but he's also a pushover apparently lol . There was a comic in YA with various mangaka, and it kinda made that point about his personality iirc.
Source :)?

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Man I can't be bothered to look through all the pages, but it's at skullknight.net.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Alright episode 2 is out.

Dunno if it's because we got to hear all of Hai yo, or if it's because this episode has overall more 2D shots, or because it's less clustered than the first episode, I found this one to be better, but just slightly.
I really didn't like the inclusion of the golden age flashbacks, is it necessary to have them tells us for the 100th time how things went back then, when in the manga itself Guts doesn't reminisce about the 100 man fight when he's surrounded by the Holy chains?This is clearly aimed for the new fans, and you can't tell me they're not trying to get more of them, and that those scenes are geared towards them.
And fucking white Caska, I thought it was only the opening and the lighting, but she's way too fair, her natural skin tone is way darker. Then Farnese out of nowhere speaks about the BoTH, that doesn't happen in the manga at all as seen here
http://mangasee.co/manga/?series=Berserk&chapter=121&index=2&page=1
Btw that's the Dark horse translation, you might want to check it out.That is also part of their changes to garner to the new fans.

The 3D is still as ugly, wish they included more 2D for the fights.Seems like the 2D is only used for the flashbacks and non heavy action scenes, even Guts' whipping at the hands of Farnese wasn't in 2D despite it not including too much action.

Speaking of Farnese, I really don't like how she sounds.Her voice is too high pitched,she sounds like a kid which I guess makes sense, but I imagined her voice to be more mature. And that preview of next episode pretty much makes it impossible for the dogs ganging up on them on the field, and the infamous rape horse scene.
I guess I expected that stuff to get cut out, but they're in a house/manor.... and the apostle that attacked Guts in the mine, at Godot's place is there? Talk about making shit up. They're pretty much doing as they please with the adaptation, taking stuff out of context and then mixing it up to suit their needs and their idea of a Berserk anime.When all they're asked is to follow the manga, which is fine as it is most of the time.

Last edited:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I don't agree with you Lola, I think that Farnese voice fits her perfectly. I always imagined her voice to be like that.

As for the episode, it didn't change my opinion. The preview of the next one makes me believe that there will be no trademark rape horse. Another reason for the fans to grab their pitchforks.

Demonspeed

Bomb Demon
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This one was much better than the first episode, average at least, the only problem I had with the CGI this time was when Farnese started to scream and torture Guts, her expressions were hilariously bad :XD. Will the next episode be filler or something? I would hate it if they skip the horse rape scene.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
This one was much better than the first episode, average at least, the only problem I had with the CGI this time was when Farnese started to scream and torture Guts, her expressions were hilariously bad :XD. Will the next episode be filler or something? I would hate it if they skip the horse rape scene.
Oh yeah her face looked quite derpy. That scene would have been much more better if her face was in 2D or something.
Well you can see that the dogs are inside the manor,and what happens in the manga is that after one of the dogs is killed, the spirit moves on from the dog to the horse.
So will the horse be inside the manor as well? Yep next episode is "filler"and absolutely doesn't follow volume 17.
I don't agree with you Lola, I think that Farnese voice fits her perfectly. I always imagined her voice to be like that.

As for the episode, it didn't change my opinion. The preview of the next one makes me believe that there will be no trademark rape horse. Another reason for the fans to grab their pitchforks.
That's too bad but just listen to this

Her voice while feminine just sounds more aristocratic, definitely doesn't sound like a brat. I think that's what I was looking for more, someone that sounds like an aristocrat which Farnese is.

Shinsatsu

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Her voice while feminine just sounds more aristocratic, definitely doesn't sound like a brat. I think that's what I was looking for more, someone that sounds like an aristocrat which Farnese is.
But she shouldn't sound like one. She was a neglected pyrophiliac child. Her siblings think that she is weird so if she acted or spoke like a real aristocrat and not like a wild child then it wouldn't make much sense.
In the end, this is just a matter of taste.
Look at us discussing the voice of a character to fool ourselves that there is something to discuss about this crappy anime.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
But she shouldn't sound like one. She was a neglected pyrophiliac child. Her siblings think that she is weird so if she acted or spoke like a real aristocrat and not like a wild child then it wouldn't make much sense.
In the end, this is just a matter of taste.
Look at us discussing the voice of a character to fool ourselves that there is something to discuss about this crappy anime.
What's will all the negativity? And just because you don't like it doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss anything about it lol.

Shinsatsu

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
What's will all the negativity? And just because you don't like it doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss anything about it lol.
You didn't look forward to the anime and expected it to be bad. I, on the other hand, was looking forward to it and got burned real bad...

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
:eyeroll I just want them to follow the manga faithfully...
They better include it.

Rape horse or :pwned

I know, I'm an awful human being, but that shit is priceless.It's one of the most iconic moments in the manga, and what makes Berserk so special :kappa
Also

I knew the guy who made this on a my first forum ever, guy was hilarious.
You didn't look forward to the anime and expected it to be bad. I, on the other hand, was looking forward to it and got burned real bad...
Now now don't be too harsh on yourself. I knew it would be bad, but didn't really expected it to be THAT bad, I mean even the seiyuu aren't convincing imo.
And now they're changing the story, at least I expected them to be somewhat faithful, for example to have the dog scene but without maybe rape horse. But to actually rewrite the whole thing, and include some lameass CGI manor. I don't know, even that I didn't really expect.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
This might be rubbing salt into the wound, but someone made a comparison between the manga and the scenes in this episode.

Yeah Farnese's face looks too derpy.:XD

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
The berserk anime is basically its own thing at this point but with berserk characters

KiSwordsman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Man the visuals give me a headache. Some shots are really good and others are really awful. There is no middle ground. I'm not even trying to be a pessimist with this, it's about time we got out of the Golden age arc, but geez.