Best Fantasy | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Fantasy

The Best Fantasy Manga is...?

• Berserk

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Claymore

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • Dorohedoro

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Magico

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Fairy Tail

Votes: 28 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah but it is about fantasy here not Magic only. Fantasy can include all kinds of things even if little to no magic is used in it.
Sure and I don't question that. Fantasy is what you can fantasize and that's different on each person.

For me involves magic, not demons.

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Sure and I don't question that. Fantasy is what you can fantasize and that's different on each person.

For me involves magic, not demons.
It's not a matter of opinion here.Berserk is considered fantasy.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's not a matter of opinion here.Berserk is considered fantasy.
Who saying it's not?

I'm just saying that FOR ME Fairy Tail has more fantasy than Berserk. Period.

faintsmile1992

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Claymore is the best IMO

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Claymore is the best IMO
Your avatar is Raki ? A "raki" fan, I thought it was like the loch ness, a myth.
It confirms one thing: I still understand absolutely nothing about woman :).

faintsmile1992

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Adult Raki is Guts'/Gatsu's twin brother! Except Raki's all perfect and noble, he's too pure...

Too bad we can't see a fight between Raki and Guts/Gatsu, hehe :D

Last edited:

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Guts worst moments:
In 4th position: Being an abused child
In 3: Casca being raped & losing memory
In 2: The whole Hawk band being annihilated
In 1: Being compared to Raki, Guts couldn't take it anymore & choose to comit suicide.

I recommend that read to everyone. That thread is enjoyable.
Edit: that thread is really priceless. Almost all interventions (with opposite arguments) are either interesting or funny to read :).

Last edited:

faintsmile1992

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Adult Raki is Guts'/Gatsu's twin brother! Except Raki's all perfect and noble, he's too pure...

Raki is hot!

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I do consider Berserk more of an epic than anything else, but in terms of using fantastical elements along with the epic narrative gives it even more beauty and makes it even more complex. It is a very nice take on the author to go deeper into the story with such a bold decision of taking the more realistic first part and giving a complete fantastical remake in the later part. I find it interesting how reality had to be taken into total evilness and depression things like war, rape and illness were pretty realistically made only to discover there was a fantastical reason for all of them. Genius in my book.

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Raki is hot!
The most Difficult Question you'll ever get asked:

Who's more hawt?, Child-Teen Raki or Adult Raki ??? :D

----------------------------

Zelllogan said:
Guts worst moments:
In 4th position: Being an abused child
In 3: Casca being raped & losing memory
In 2: The whole Hawk band being annihilated
In 1: Being compared to Raki, Guts couldn't take it anymore & choose to comit suicide.
Clare snickers, that's nothing... compared to what I've been through...

HK said:
As a human child:

witnessed her family killed and eaten by a Yoma; her father, mother, and brother. She was pounced on by the Yoma (possibly intending to rape her) only to witness a Claymore slice its head open and its blood and brain matter splattering on her face. she was abandoned by humans. she got "picked up" as a "Toy/Pet" for another Yoma, and dragged from town to town getting at least physically abused by it, as seen by her lashings-welted scars on her back. she was so traumatized she stopped speaking, going mute. she was dead and lifeless. she witnessed this 2nd Yoma sliced in half by Teresa, and each half of it fell to her sides, splattering her with its blood and guts. she is unphased by it. she clings-hugs Teresa, who kicks her 3 times. she witnesses a near, never actually happened, gang rape of Teresa by bandits, as/but Teresa's hideous Claymore body turns them off, after Teresa laughs and flashes them, lol. She steps off a cliff to continue to follow Teresa, splating once on a ledge and then on the ground below. she was flung into a pool of water by Teresa, who saying how she stunk with Yoma odor, lol. she then starts to cry as when she woke up, Teresa was not there, thinking Teresa had left her, but then Teresa appears with a rabbit for her to eat, lol. she nearly falls off the cliff to her death, but Teresa catches her and then roughly pulls her up and slams her hard into the ground back up on the ledge-path their walking on, lol. she tries to protect Teresa from getting raped by one of the bandits who had followed them and who had previously had his hand cut off when he had grabbed Clare's shoulder in their earlier encounter with the bandits. she whacks the bandit who's on top of Teresa ripping her clothes open with a stick and blood runs down his forehead. he gets up and punches Clare hard in the head knocking her down and then starts to brutally stomp on her. she's saved by Teresa. finally she speaks, as she hugs Teresa, revealing that she was saw through Teresa, seeing the same deadness in Teresa that was in herself, and thus selflessly trying to comfort Teresa, even though no one would nor did the same for her. and Teresa starts to cry, and says one of her famous quotes, "a little girl half my size, taught me that tears can flow from even silver eyes". Teresa goes to a town, and buys Clare some nice clothes and shoes, intending to leave her with one of the townspeople, and after killing a Yoma there, she does so. thinking that it was best for Clare, to "live as a human, live among humans, and die as a human", then to live a hard life with herself, a "monster". However, this was NOT what Clare wanted! Clare didn't want a "human life", as she already had that "human life" and it was awful! No, instead, Clare strips naked in front of the townsfolk as Teresa is about to leave her, and expresses what she wanted: "I don't want nice shoes. I don't want nice clothes! I just want to be with Teresa forever!". But, Teresa still leaves Clare, who's desperately trying not to cry. poor clare! well, Teresa is moving away from the town she sees the bandits racing towards the town! Oh SHIT, those bandits were targeting that town from the beginning but couldn't due to the Yoma there, which she had just now killed... Teresa races back to the town, but it is already in flames. the bandits had killed all the men, and taken the boys, girls and women to sell or use as slaves or sex slaves. Teresa is looking around for Clare... and then she happens to see that same bandit... dragging Clare behind him on the ground unconscious. he sees Teresa and fatally teases Teresa, saying how Clare had screamed "Teresa, Teresa!", possibly suggested.. he had raped her... well, that teasing, brought out the old "Teresa the MONSTER", she disappears and then re-appears behind the bandit (Rig is his name), with Clare in her arm, and Rig is missing his other hand now too, and then seconds later half of his head is sliding off at a diagonal. hehe. Teresa then proceeds to KILL EVERY HUMAN there except Clare of course, saying MONSTROUSLY ENRAGEDLY: ~"Say your prayers you bastards! You're worse then Yoma, I'll kill each and every one of you!". Clare finally awakens up, finding herself held in Teresa's arms, and being surrounding by a "beautiful flower ring" of dead, bloodily-killed bandits and townsfolk, hehe. Clare is forced to watch Teresa's execution, but Teresa decides to live instead, thankfully for Clare. Teresa takes Clare with her, however another execution team is sent after Teresa. But, Teresa easily defeats them as well. Clare then witnesses Priscilla snapping, and releasing her yoki uncontrollably, becoming "Orcish" as she nears Awakening. Teresa gets cut across the forehead. And then Teresa is finally killed, getting decapitated by Priscilla, who then Awakens, and kills the 3 other Claymores. Poor Clare had to witness her beloved Teresa's head severed and headless body fall to the ground, and then the Awakening of Priscilla and deaths of the 3 other Claymores. filled with self-loathing, Clare sets on her path of revenge against Priscilla. picking up her beloved Teresa's head in her arms, being unable to part with the dead Teresa, and searches for a Black coat, finding Rubel. Clare becomes the first and only person to "come knocking on the Organization's door", the first and only to want to become a Claymore. Clare to Rubel, holding up Teresa's head: ~"Give me! Put inside my body! Teresa's flesh and blood!".

as Trainee Claymore:

an older and stronger trainee Claymore is jealous of Clare, and challenges her to a spar match. Clare engages, but she's still not strong enough to wield the huge claymore sword, and she pops her arm right out of her shoulder socket! the older Claymore laughs... but it's cut short, as Clare smashes her dislocated shoulder into the wall, re-connecting her arm into her shoulder socket... and is ready to continue the sparring match! the older Claymore's mouth is resting on the ground in shock! Rubel then steps in, and puts a stop to it. Clare ends up saving this older Claymore in their final test/trial as trainees, and is the only one to kill the Yoma they are faced against in it, becoming an official-active ranked Claymore now.

as a ranked (active-Official) Claymore:

she nearly kills Raki, lol. she gets punched through the stomach by a Yoma. She kills her only friend Claymore as she was Awakening, that helped her while they were trainees. She herself nearly dies and Awakeneds, becoming a Half Awakened with Raki's help, when against the Yoma in Rabona, and while still weakened from the pills. she is tentacle pierced through her stomach and tongue-smashed into the cliff by the male Awakened. she gets her legs cut off by Ophelia. she gets her sword arm cut off by Ophelia. she gets her non-sword hand cut off by Ophelia. she is sliced through her torso. her shoulders are sliced open. Irene gives Clare her own sword arm, to replace Clare's destroyed-missing sword arm. Clare has her feet+legs crushed by Dauf's rod. Clare strike the fatal blow into another friend of hers, Jean, though Jean was already dying. Clare nearly Awakeneds again in her Partial Awakening, but Jean had helped her not do so. Clare gets her head decapitated in the strange mind-illusion battle against "Rafaela"/Destroyer. Clare gets pwned by Priscilla. Clare is restrained from killing Priscilla and can no longer Partially Awaken because of this. Clare's entire lower body is destroyed by the Destroyer. Clare ends up "merging" with the Destroyer, and entraps Priscilla with them in a "blob" like state of the 3 of them.

and that's about it. I might have left out some stuff though, meh.
But the worst of all, I've had to put up with child-Teen Raki travelling with me !!!!

And, all of this, is why I've Won Best Female Lead in the last Awards!, hehe :D

Last edited:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

:D....Guts would eat him alive and ask for a second treat:p

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
If only we could see a battle between Raki and Guts... sighs, so we could see if it's me or you eating our words (nice continuation of "eating", and eating goes very well with Claymore too, hehe), lol :D

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Guts is the modern Hercules, demi-god properties and all the ladies love him. :p

Seriously though I do not know how that character is built, but I suspect his past and path in life are not as brutal as Guts's and I certainly do not think he will win in a little sub category of power called - BADASSERY!

faintsmile1992

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
The most Difficult Question you'll ever get asked:

Who's more hawt?, Child-Teen Raki or Adult Raki ??? :D
When hes protecting his lady, obviously.

---------- Post added January 22, 2012 at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was January 17, 2012 at 11:31 AM ----------

But the worst of all, I've had to put up with child-Teen Raki travelling with me !!!!

And, all of this, is why I've Won Best Female Lead in the last Awards!, hehe :D
If that was a birth control pill she had in Rabona its nothing to complain about. ;)

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Winner of Best Fantasy Manga is (drum rolls).... BERSERK!

Total Votes = 91
Berserk = 44 Votes = 48.35%
Fairy Tail = 28 Votes = 30.77%
Claymore = 14 Votes = 15.38%
Dorohedoro = 3 Votes = 3.30%
Magico = 2 Votes = 2.20%

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.