Best Manga of 2011 | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Manga of 2011

The Best Manga of 2011 is...?

• Hunter x Hunter

Votes: 47 32.0%
  • Naruto

Votes: 25 17.0%
  • Shingeki No Kyojin

Votes: 23 15.6%
  • One Piece

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • Toriko

Votes: 12 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I voted for Shingeki no Kyojin. HxH is a very close second for me, as the conclusion of the chimera ant arc was amazing. Plus, this new arc is shaping up to be one of, if not the best of the whole series. But this was SnK's year. It was such a breakout hit in 2011 that I can't justify voting for another series.

Uchiha_Blood

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy
HxH, even though isn't even a half year since it returned.
This arc is really, really good, Togashi exploited all his and its manga best qualities and provided new situations, new characters while not losing focus on the storic ones ( I, for one, really enjoyed Leorio ).
So, for me, HxH hands down

Host Samurai

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
For me the best manga of 2011 can only be Hunter X Hunter. Togashi made an arc, which turned out even more awesome then the previous Arc. In addition we got to see the upper echelon of the Hunter Association, Leorio made his comeback with a bang and Hanzo had some panel time. :zomg

Only Togashi was able to pulled it off. Writing an election arc and still keeping his readers with excitement. I would never have thought that an election Arc could be this interesting with the characters scheming against each other. And most importantly I had to re-read the chapter over and over again to soak it in, in order to grasp how complex these characters/rules are (Ging, Pariston and Cheadle). Illumi's inner mission was also awesome to watch, the whole family affair was indeed action packed. Hisoka showed us his versatility and how awesomely twisted he really is. Illumi gave us a glimpse of his power, his interaction with Hisoka was awesome and hilarious too. :D

Even if Togashi wasn't the whole year active he really did enough to earn this spot. Again, he has written an election Arc with it's complex characters while making conditions for Alluka's ability. And this week for week since it's return while the quality stayed consitently high and the artwork improved too. IMO (Togashi) Hunter X Hunter are on top. 'nuff said :mono

jorped

The True Ninja
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I am going to vote for Shingeki.
The only two options i had would be to choose or Hunter x Hunter or Shingeki ... but going to choose this one, cuz even though i only follow it for quite few time, it's really interesting and has a lot of potential. And Hunter x Hunter was on Hiatus for really a lot of time.

I am not going to vote for either Naruto or One Piece. I mean, them reaching this phase isn't even fair. Specially One Piece, because for most of the year it was terrible and really boring ... even though Naruto at some points, might have been even worse.
They weren't that strong this year ... and if it was up to them and Toriko, i would happily vote for Toriko, since even though it had a pretty boring part, it had also pretty interesting moments.

Eloah

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I vote for Hunter x Hunter by the sheer fact that it will run longer than 20 chapter as well as... well, it came back ^^

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I voted for Shingeki no Kyojin. Hunter x Hunter has been great but nothing can match the sheer intensity and focus of Shingeki right now.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It hurts to not vote for Shingeki no Kyojin but I feel like I can only vote for Hunter x Hunter. The comeback was unbelievably good to the point where I completely fell in love with it again.
After this very long hiatus and a rather average Ant Arc (even though it has it's awesome moments too) I didn't really care that much about it anymore. Then it came back: with a huge BANG!

Chapter after Chapter it beat the the Big Three and it made me remember how awesome HxH actually was and is. You can question Togashi's hiatuses but he is a masterly story writer, Hunter x Hunter may only have returned late last year but for me it was THE positive surprise of the year.

Now let me pray for a year without a Hunter x Hunter hiatus.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Also the story must be good to recover fans who hated the fact of long Hiatus. I know because I was there :ninja

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Winner of Best Manga of 2011 is (drum rolls).... Hunter x Hunter!

Total Votes = 147
Hunter x Hunter = 47 Votes = 31.97%
One Piece = 40 Votes = 27.21%
Naruto = 25 Votes = 17.01%
Shingeki No Kyojin = 23 Votes = 15.65%
Toriko = 12 Votes = 8.16%

Status
Not open for further replies.