Final Voting Round - Best Overall Player | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Voting Round Best Overall Player

Best Overall Player

• Belserion

• Copy Panda

• Demonspeed

• digitaldude

• Evil3ye

• Farfalla

• gnut

• Goodboy

• Gryffindor

• GrySun

• Hardy

• Holt

• Lambu

• Vandred

• xi0

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfDaws

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
On the luck factor in MGs, I do think it's an important factor as it determines your role and alignment which determines your level of impact on the game and likelihood to win it, but I certainly wouldn't say it's the most important.

People do sometimes rely on "luck" to make some hard choices though, but what that "luck" actually is can vary.

Still, I think we all agree that there is skill and other player specific factors involved (like personality, temperament, and presence) and I think that's what categories like this want to hone in on.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Gry: "This read was revealed to me through a prophetic dream"
You spend a couple of days drinking coconut water with the pompoms and become the reincarnation of Buddha.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

On the luck factor in MGs, I do think it's an important factor as it determines your role and alignment which determines your level of impact on the game and likelihood to win it, but I certainly wouldn't say it's the most important.

People do sometimes rely on "luck" to make some hard choices though, but what that "luck" actually is can vary.

Still, I think we all agree that there is skill and other player specific factors involved (like personality, temperament, and presence) and I think that's what categories like this want to hone in on.
If you think of a single game, maybe. But this is taking into consideration basically dozens of games.

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I think luck is a big factor in the game as well. We have interactions that are literally decided 50-50 by a coinflip. And in some instances this determins the winner and the loser.

But I think we also can all agree here that you can push the odd in your favour by an outstanding performance such as analystical skill, eloquence in presenting your deductions, persuasiveness in making the others follow your line of thought as well as some certain charisma overall.

So besides luck there's for sure some soft and hardskills required to win games.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I think luck is a big factor in the game as well. We have interactions that are literally decided 50-50 by a coinflip. And in some instances this determins the winner and the loser.
Meh.

More often than not hosts want to avoid these which is why I!Doctor is rare, barkeeper is dead and we had a double lynches rule.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
But he didn't get those reads from luck, he analysed the players' behaviours correctly.
I actually said so
If not then he is a good player which still don't fault my opinion
Sole effort isn't enough to win the game which is exactly my point. You must have lots of luck involved, It's simple as that

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Going to play the next game with a dice

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
raven never won?

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Ravechin was really close to winning her first game iirc
Yeah but she was unlucky that a fellow player was just bad and didn't vote the obvious assassin in his eyes '-'

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
EQ is an underrated part of the game. It's not just about IQ and big brain analysis

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Who would the luckiest player be according to you? Don't have to ask about the unluckiest :lmao
Whoever has highest winrate :heh
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Luck is super important for many things, but the role you get at the start I‘d argue is the least luck factor. It‘s just something that starts you with.
Start with Detective? Well shit, that‘s extra pressure on you that will likely impact your play, and you don‘t wanna die til you accomplish stuff.
Start as vanilla townie? You get the info that you are vanilla and that vanillas may exist, and you can die without worry.
Start as Bomb? Get yourself killed and feel great about it.

Getting mafia/tp determines just that, if you play mafia/tp instead of town. Whether you must lie or not.

I‘ve never been unhappy about any role and they all have advantages and disadvantages. Jesus will do you nothing if you don‘t die, nor will Detective if you die.

The real luck is the cointosses, the blocking of a mafia that is doing the kill, protecting right person with Doc or killing as Insane Doc, random lynch piles getting a mafia(which mafia will avoid, which may give you some clues for next days), and other townies actually using their roles and not forgetting.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
My history so far.

Game 1: the last day, I was aiming for double lynch since Holt said no extra time, I found lawt suspicious along with sam because he lied about his role. I vote kill lawt to make sam believe that i will votelock lawt, Sonsofdaws votelocked lawt, then sam followed by votelocking lawt, I swaped to votelock sam but lawt votelocked sonofdaws and ruined the plan.

Game 2: Lynched on D1

Game 3: 2 afk townies in hydra game who shared 1 role ruined the game because they didn't vote so we lost.

Game 4: My team trainvoted me on D1

taking about luck :yodawg

Last edited:

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Desin he plays both sides great and he used his town roles perfectly to shut down mafia. Grysun of course he repped us in the mafia world championship. Imperium if he is mafia or townie you will be glad if he is on your team. Gnut hard to believe now but he used to be really good player and was very excited for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.