Voting - Best Villain | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Best Villain

Best Villain

• Ultear

• Hades

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti Hero 3:16

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
TOH jellal gets my vote. He actually killed someone, Not to mention the plan to use etherion was brilliant aand on top of it the whole sieghart= jellal battle after 1st etherion shot was great to. He even went down in good way in a spectcular fight. As good as villain hades was, he still only fighting FT guild only whereas jellal was making fool out of full wizard council.

Bishamonten

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Going with Hades. he had a connection to the guild, interesting motives and personality, and a great final fight.

Zeref is my favorite character but I wouldn't say he's as good of a villain as Hades.

Zeref was most definitely a villain. He attempted to kill Makarov, almost killed Natsu, and tried to reset time.
Well, technically Antagonist is Villain in a sorta way. However I must say it is incorrect to Zeref to use the term 'villain'. In fact, he is the main antagonist (Acnologia I am not sure because contrary to people I think he is not since the manga ended). Depending to you what is antagonist and what is villain.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Antagonist is a fancy word which is used to describe an evil person. Villain looks like a cheap word to mention, but both are more or less the same.

Luca Blight

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Hades for sure. My third favorite male overall.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
This manga had no good villains. Zeref and Natsu's real story make the two look like tragic idiots.
Jellal thought he could "revive" Zeref.
Hades thought he could unlock Zeref's seal and bring forth a new world of magic.
Mard Geer thought a kid was Tartaros founder and discovered curses or some shit.
Ridiculous villains. They couldn't be so far from the reality. They were dumb and had no grasp on what was actually going on.

Why is Irene here lul. :kappa Some people :fail

Reaction score
Country
United States
This manga had no good villains. Zeref and Natsu's real story make the two look like tragic idiots.
Jellal thought he could "revive" Zeref.
Hades thought he could unlock Zeref's seal and bring forth a new world of magic.
Mard Geer thought a kid was Tartaros founder and discovered curses or some shit.
Ridiculous villains. They couldn't be so far from the reality. They were dumb and had no grasp on what was actually going on.

Why is Irene here lul. :kappa Some people :fail
Where was it implied that END was a kid. We didn't know anything about END except he was sealed by igneel with his memories wiped out. Jellal didn't know zeref was ignoring the world and not sleeping same with hades.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Where was it implied that END was a kid. We didn't know anything about END except he was sealed by igneel with his memories wiped out. Jellal didn't know zeref was ignoring the world and not sleeping same with hades.
Mard's lies spreading to readers is nothing new. We knew everything about END. He is Natsu. There is no alter ego, just like with Larcade.
Natsu was revived as a kid. There is no mention of Igneel sealing anything in the story. Zeref exposed Mard's stupid shit the first thing but they became fan expectations.

That makes them terrible villains. They had no clear grasp on anything, acting on misconceptions like fools.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Irene obviously won't get a vote from me in that category. She shouldn't even be here imo.

So it's between ToH Jellal (whom i nominated) and Hades.
ToH Jellal was awesome to me as a villain, and on the other hand Hades was pretty badass. His fight with Makarov was amazing, and it took a lot to defeat him.
Aaaaaah, both deserve to pass, but i'll follow my nomination and vote for ToH Jellal.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mard's lies spreading to readers is nothing new. We knew everything about END. He is Natsu. There is no alter ego, just like with Larcade.
Natsu was revived as a kid. There is no mention of Igneel sealing anything in the story. Zeref exposed Mard's stupid shit the first thing but they became fan expectations.

That makes them terrible villains. They had no clear grasp on anything, acting on misconceptions like fools.
He clearly has an ehterious form as shown in chapter 504 when his hands became long. Besides zeref also mentioned that larcade was his strongest substitute in creating natsu. If igneel or even zeref didn't sealed of his memory then why didn't he remember his time with zeref or didn't recognize him. Besides zeref also said that he was indirectly involved in the creation of tartaros that is mentioned in the chapter 466. Mard geer was attempting to reunite all the demons of zeref based on legend of END. Zeref was entirely hoping for END to kill him despite having strong spriggans like larcade and bradman/bloodman. On top of that igneel hped him to extreme by saying acnologia was afraid of him even knowing acnologia's full strength. There are others hyping him up to like atlas flame, invel and dimaria( dimaria was so afraid that she even said that his power is even greater than that of god chronos). Lets be honest this plot was left like that due to its dark nature in a light weight series. Can you there was no casaulty on FT this whole war.
Author wanted to make FT a light hearted series and this was the most dark plot in the whole series on top of wanting natsu to be cliche MC( kind, nakama spouting bla bla nonsense).
Honestly irene was more of a heroine than villain. She couldn't kill her daughter and did go after acnologia rather than going after FT. Let's be honest this kind of saved FT big time, there was no one who could have come closer to her. She should have played role in the final battle with acnologia along with zeref.

Luca Blight

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Antagonist is a fancy word which is used to describe an evil person. Villain looks like a cheap word to mention, but both are more or less the same.
Antagonist and Protagonist refer to a character's role in a story. They're not inherently relevant to morality.

Protagonist = main character.
Antagonist = main enemy.

I followed a video game in which you play as the villain to kill the hero :(

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
He clearly has an ehterious form as shown in chapter 504 when his hands became long. Besides zeref also mentioned that larcade was his strongest substitute in creating natsu. If igneel or even zeref didn't sealed of his memory then why didn't he remember his time with zeref or didn't recognize him. Besides zeref also said that he was indirectly involved in the creation of tartaros that is mentioned in the chapter 466. Mard geer was attempting to reunite all the demons of zeref based on legend of END. Zeref was entirely hoping for END to kill him despite having strong spriggans like larcade and bradman/bloodman. On top of that igneel hped him to extreme by saying acnologia was afraid of him even knowing acnologia's full strength. There are others hyping him up to like atlas flame, invel and dimaria( dimaria was so afraid that she even said that his power is even greater than that of god chronos). Lets be honest this plot was left like that due to its dark nature in a light weight series. Can you there was no casaulty on FT this whole war.
Author wanted to make FT a light hearted series and this was the most dark plot in the whole series on top of wanting natsu to be cliche MC( kind, nakama spouting bla bla nonsense).
Honestly irene was more of a heroine than villain. She couldn't kill her daughter and did go after acnologia rather than going after FT. Let's be honest this kind of saved FT big time, there was no one who could have come closer to her. She should have played role in the final battle with acnologia along with zeref.
Etherious forms aren't relevant to whether Natsu has an alter ego or not. Does Mard Geer's or any other etherious form change their ego? Answer is simple, no. Whether Natsu could have an etherious form or not has no effect on his mind. We have seen it from countless etherious, they are still the same person. They didn't seal his memory, simple as that. Show me a page that proves or stop assuming things out of nowhere.
Zeref said the exact opposite. Some reading comprehension is needed. Mard Geer found the book and made tartaros on his own. Natsu had no actual ties.
Zeref also agrees Igneel could've easily killed END, but didn't kill him because he loved him. Natsu clearly remembers his time with Igneel when he teach him dragonslayer magic, which rules out the memory sealing bs. Igneel wouldn't personally love an etherious he never saw before.

His hype has nothing to do with his ego. Only reason Acnologia could've feared END because he could eat magic, it is normal for him to want to eliminate Zeref's ultimate creation who had the potential to use more than magic.

In the end, all the hype came to be true. END defeated both Zeref and Acnologia, albeit without using his potential etherious powers. There is no actual difference, which is also the reason Zeref calls him END or Natsu interchangeably, because he is.

Just to point it out

Last edited:

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
To me a villian has to be in full control of his actions, not be a puppet, or be manipulated by another character. Since Jellal was basically Ultear's bitch, he's out.

Voted Hades, best villian in the series.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Etherious forms aren't relevant to whether Natsu has an alter ego or not. Does Mard Geer's or any other etherious form change their ego? Answer is simple, no. Whether Natsu could have an etherious form or not has no effect on his mind. We have seen it from countless etherious, they are still the same person. They didn't seal his memory, simple as that. Show me a page that proves or stop assuming things out of nowhere.
Zeref said the exact opposite. Some reading comprehension is needed. Mard Geer found the book and made tartaros on his own. Natsu had no actual ties.
Zeref also agrees Igneel could've easily killed END, but didn't kill him because he loved him. Natsu clearly remembers his time with Igneel when he teach him dragonslayer magic, which rules out the memory sealing bs. Igneel wouldn't personally love an etherious he never saw before.

His hype has nothing to do with his ego. Only reason Acnologia could've feared END because he could eat magic, it is normal for him to want to eliminate Zeref's ultimate creation who had the potential to use more than magic.

In the end, all the hype came to be true. END defeated both Zeref and Acnologia, albeit without using his potential etherious powers. There is no actual difference, which is also the reason Zeref calls him END or Natsu interchangeably, because he is. If you think Zeref has no idea who END is despite being the one who created him, then there is no helping it.
Then why did he not remember his time with zeref or as END. Let's be honest here author frankly changed a lot from tartaros to alvarez. END hype was definitely reduced. As for natsu beating both both zeref and acnologia let's not go there that whole fight was crappy. An fully etherious natsu would have been much better choice than a normal one. Besides END with power of dead was hyped to kill zeref not normal natsu.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Then why did he not remember his time with zeref or as END. Let's be honest here author frankly changed a lot from tartaros to alvarez. END hype was definitely reduced. As for natsu beating both both zeref and acnologia let's not go there that whole fight was crappy. An fully etherious natsu would have been much better choice than a normal one. Besides END with power of dead was hyped to kill zeref not normal natsu.
Because a time as END doesn't exist in the sense you are expecting it to be? He has always been END. I will agree that Mashima made a lot of retcons, but that was because fans were expecting Natsu with two horns.

Way to take the page out of context. Look at the page before it. He say Mard Geer found the book and did things on his own. Natsu had no actual ties to him in person.

He says in a way Natsu caused it because he existed, but that is a really stupid argument on Zeref's part. Same could be said in a way Zeref caused Tartaros because he revived Natsu, or their parent caused it or so on.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Because a time as END doesn't exist in the sense you are expecting it to be? He has always been END. I will agree that Mashima made a lot of retcons, but that was because fans were expecting Natsu with two horns.

Way to take the page out of context. Look at the page before it. He say Mard Geer found the book and did things on his own. Natsu had no actual ties to him in person.

He says in a way Natsu caused it because he existed, but that is a really stupid argument on Zeref's part. Same could be said in a way Zeref caused Tartaros because he revived Natsu, or their parent caused it or so on.
Actually even you would you would agree that the subplot had a lot of potential which had gone down the drain. Though a full antagonist END would have done wonders to his character and would have provided much in depth to.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
TOH jellal gets my vote. He actually killed someone, Not to mention the plan to use etherion was brilliant aand on top of it the whole sieghart= jellal battle after 1st etherion shot was great to. He even went down in good way in a spectcular fight. As good as villain hades was, he still only fighting FT guild only whereas jellal was making fool out of full wizard council.
Irene killed her husband and some guards
To me a villian has to be in full control of his actions, not be a puppet, or be manipulated by another character. Since Jellal was basically Ultear's bitch, he's out.

Voted Hades, best villian in the series.
Jellal wouldn't have been a villain if Ultear didn't manipulate him. Whereas Hades and Irene chose to be the villain out of their will.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Actually even you would you would agree that the subplot had a lot of potential which had gone down the drain. Though a full antagonist END would have done wonders to his character and would have provided much in depth to.
Actually, I wouldn't. And it would be one of the few times I would agree with Raven. Concept of Natsu as a demon in the way fans were expecting to be doesn't fit right with FT at all. That plot is forced and cliche from start. Dragons are better anyway.

Jellal wouldn't have been a villain if Ultear didn't manipulate him. Whereas Hades and Irene chose to be the villain out of their will.
Irene killed people you wish were dead. There is the difference. Irene killed herself because she fails as a villain. She was not villainous She shouldn't be in this thread at all.

Jellal would be decent if you look at the arc on it's own. But later revelations in Fairy Tail make every villain look like pointless waste of chapters.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually, I wouldn't. And it would be one of the few times I would agree with Raven. Concept of Natsu as a demon in the way fans were expecting to be doesn't fit right with FT at all. Dragons are better anyway.

Irene killed people you wish were dead. There is the difference. Irene killed herself because she fails as a villain. She was not villainous She shouldn't be in this thread at all.

Jellal would be decent if you look at the arc on it's own. But later revelations in Fairy Tail make every villain look like pointless waste of chapters.
If memory serves me right I think I have seen somewhere that originally a natsu's design was supposed to have two horns and he was meant to be lucy's spirit.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
If memory serves me right I think I have seen somewhere that originally a natsu's design was supposed to have two horns and he was meant to be lucy's spirit.
I think so too because he travelled with Virgo and could understand Plue.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Which is why he technically shouldn't be considered here then.

Status
Not open for further replies.