Best Villain | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Villain

Who is the Best Villain?

• Akainu (One Piece)

Votes: 26 17.8%
  • Tobi (Naruto)

Votes: 19 13.0%
  • Hisoka (Hunter X Hunter)

Votes: 51 34.9%
  • Johan Liebert (Monster)

Votes: 18 12.3%
  • Light Yagami (Death Note)

Votes: 32 21.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ero-Sanji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I would vote for Hisoka if he actually did Villain like things such as killing someone important to Gon. OMG I just thought of something! If he kills Mito-san Gon will go crazy on his ass.
He can't kill someone important to Gon, since that will force Gon to attack him until death. As a true predator Gon isn't ripe enough to get reaped by the grim reaper himself.

Hisoka is the greatest of the bunch, imo, it's a battle between demons and the grim reaper himself. The others are driven by moral, ideals and goals, Hisoka has knowledge of such things, but has no use of them except for challenging himself. He's not a nihilist as the great Joker, he's more like a bored God watching down on puny creatures searching for that special one worth of his attention and power.

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Yes, the others just have values & a goal. Akainu believe in absolute justice: order & perish the weak, Tobi want to create a new world, Kira want to get rid of criminality by introducting fear & even Johann have a goal ...But that hisoka just want to have some fun: Bad or good ... Hisoka just doesn't care. This is a man who is getting sexually aroused when thinking about playing/killing toys. He doesn't kill for a reason ... He kill people because killing people is fun. THAT'S A REAL VILLAIN.

Hisoka is a villain who knows he is a villain & just love it. He is completely unpredictable, strong & a sociopath. The only reason Gon & Killua are alive is because Hisoka want a greater fun than the one they can provide at their current level.

Akainu is respecting orders, He is just a puppet ... Hisoka is a puppeteer.
Akainu will be forgotten in 4-5 years & Hisoka will enter manga history as one of the greatest characters created.
He is to shounen what Joker is to comics: an immortal.

Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I would vote for Hisoka if he actually did Villain like things such as killing someone important to Gon. OMG I just thought of something! If he kills Mito-san Gon will go crazy on his ass.
That would make him cliché, actually, if Gon is not at his same level. More after all the caring He's having to play with him when the times comes. Mito is not a really something to prey. It can't defend and doesn't provide the fun He needs to kill.
That's why He's more awesome than the pussies you're voting (plural and not talking directly to you :P)

And I completely agree about the Joker comparison. He's not THAT good yet, but it's on the good path. And let's be honest: Joker stole all the Batman series by being simply awesome and a sociopath. Best character of DC out of Vertigo characters.

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
lol Different opinions I guess. Its always been in my head that unless you do something to the protag that you aren't really a villain in my eyes. An evil dude for sure, but not the main focus so to say.

Shrimp

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
IMHO, Johann Liebert not only is the best villain amongst the nominees, he is THE villain. He is a manipulative and charismatic bastard with a cold, calculating mind, who doesn't feel a thing for other human beings. Although Hisoka isn't far behind, but maybe not for the same reasons.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
lol Different opinions I guess. Its always been in my head that unless you do something to the protag that you aren't really a villain in my eyes. An evil dude for sure, but not the main focus so to say.
Isn't it a bit boring though? Makes the world less dynamic IMHO.

crimsonlink310

Reaction score
Country
United States
Isn't it a bit boring though? Makes the world less dynamic IMHO.
I guess you could say that but I don't think Hisoka is unique in the fact that he kills people due to his own bloodlust lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.