Shounen - Bleach by Tite Kubo | Page 27 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
The animation fits the Bleach atmosphere and that arc perfectly. I tell you lads, this season has the potential to blow any anime out there

LYEL

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I just hope they finish this and don't try to make a Bleach: Ichigo next generation, because, dear Lord... those kids are dumb as hell and the characters became totally ofc in the last chapter and they will have to animate that tragedy all over again like it's going to work. TYBW wasn't the best arc, only the last because Bleach was selling like shit and the producers wanted Tite Kubo to finish the manga as fast as possible together with Naruto, Gintama and that manga about food in an attempt to avoid more damage to their pockets years ago.

Basically 90% of the shinigami victories in the last arc were Deus Ex Machima plotwists and boring af. Dunno how they are going to fix this, because they can't go too far away from the original manga, and trying to make the anime become "darker" doesn't imply it's going to be good... it just means... we need to adjust the bright function in the TV...

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just hope they finish this and don't try to make a Bleach: Ichigo next generation, because, dear Lord... those kids are dumb as hell and the characters became totally ofc in the last chapter and they will have to animate that tragedy all over again like it's going to work. TYBW wasn't the best arc, only the last because Bleach was selling like shit and the producers wanted Tite Kubo to finish the manga as fast as possible together with Naruto, Gintama and that manga about food in an attempt to avoid more damage to their pockets years ago.

Basically 90% of the shinigami victories in the last arc were Deus Ex Machima plotwists and boring af. Dunno how they are going to fix this, because they can't go too far away from the original manga, and trying to make the anime become "darker" doesn't imply it's going to be good... it just means... we need to adjust the bright function in the TV...
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations is great!
You might hate it along with many others
but I personally do not care. I like it.

If Bleach does something similar then so what? Boruto and Kazui are two different characters in two different stories.

I say TYBW arc was the best arc.

Bleach was selling like shit? Lol!

Bleach is the 12th best selling manga
and it’s ahead of Attack On Titan
and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure.

Or do you think those were “selling like shit”

As far as the Shinigami victories being
Deus ex machinas

Shinigami are literally “gods of death”.
Of course they are going to have miraculous
powers. That’s part of what makes Bleach fun.

And no darker does not mean better.
Although I would say TYBW is pretty consistent with the mood of Bleach throughout. Bleach is a story about
death and courage so of course it’s going
to get dark.

I don’t think the final arc even really needs much fixing. I just want to see more of what Kubo didn’t get a chance to draw.

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations is great!
You might hate it along with many others
but I personally do not care. I like it.

If Bleach does something similar then so what? Boruto and Kazui are two different characters in two different stories.

I say TYBW arc was the best arc.

Bleach was selling like shit? Lol!

Bleach is the 12th best selling manga
and it’s ahead of Attack On Titan
and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure.

Or do you think those were “selling like shit”

As far as the Shinigami victories being
Deus ex machinas

Shinigami are literally “gods of death”.
Of course they are going to have miraculous
powers. That’s part of what makes Bleach fun.

And no darker does not mean better.
Although I would say TYBW is pretty consistent with the mood of Bleach throughout. Bleach is a story about
death and courage so of course it’s going
to get dark.

I don’t think the final arc even really needs much fixing. I just want to see more of what Kubo didn’t get a chance to draw.
Boruto is not even about ninjas anymore. Nor the manga, not even anime, It's about Eida hunting Kawaki's c***. Boruto character is less boring but with kawaki... The "kyoudai" stuff is just so... ugh... not this shit NarutoxSasuke again.. and the other kid is called kazui? Anyways he has Inoue's dumb face, that's all i remember about him. TYBW is the most rushed and undeveloped arc, Inoue and Chad were the most funny things, kept running the entire arc to reach anywhere and when finally reached Ichigo " Inoue's shield didn't work" happened and I LMAO.
Bleach was selling like shit. Yes. Compared to the bigger mangas which once it was compared to and more. The rating dropped just like the selling. Been gods of death are no excuse to bring miracles out of their asses because Ywach was literally Jesus with ALMIGHTY powers and was killed with one hit anyways.... i repeat, they killed Jesus (yes, Jesus/God because Ywach is Ywaveh) with one hit kill, so they kill opponents clearly stronger than them like this all the time and you are wrong if you think this made Bleach fun. On the contrary, the fans became furious with all the nonsense,(have you forgotten the people burning the last volume or the entire manga collection around the globe?) even Ichigo became a total nonsense with everyturn discovering a new power or bloodline, they just forgot to put Jesus, Maria and Jose in the equation.
Bleach is dark? It was compared to a gag manga and put in the same tab with likes of Gegege Kintaro... but i have my doubts if it was because they thought Bleach was funny or if was simple because it became ridiculous.
The last arc needs a LOT of fixing. But you are right. They won't change much since Tite Kubo won't allow the others to fix what he ruined with so much care in the last lap. But let us all enjoy this last effort.
I used to like Bleach a lot, was my favorite manga and anime since 2001-2002, even made fanfics and fanzines, but seeing how Tite Kubo started to thrash his own work and ended up throwing it in the garbage, i just lost interest after Ichigo and his power ranger ninja clothes in the arc where he lost his powers. If you compare what Bleach was (deep, well writen and philosophical) with what it ended up been at the end, there's no way not to feel disappointed.

Last edited:

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Boruto is not even about ninjas anymore. Nor the manga, not even anime, It's about Eida hunting Kawaki's c***. Boruto character is less boring but with kawaki... The "kyoudai" stuff is just so... ugh... not this shit NarutoxSasuke again.. and the other kid is called kazui? Anyways he has Inoue's dumb face, that's all i remember about him. TYBW is the most rushed and undeveloped arc, Inoue and Chad were the most funny things, kept running the entire arc to reach anywhere and when finally reached Ichigo " Inoue's shield didn't work" happened and I LMAO.
Bleach was selling like shit. Yes. Compared to the bigger mangas which once it was compared to and more. The rating dropped just like the selling. Been gods of death are no excuse to bring miracles out of their asses because Ywach was literally Jesus with ALMIGHTY powers and was killed with one hit anyways.... i repeat, they killed Jesus (yes, Jesus/God because Ywach is Ywaveh) with one hit kill, so they kill opponents clearly stronger than them like this all the time and you are wrong if you think this made Bleach fun. On the contrary, the fans became furious with all the nonsense,(have you forgotten the people burning the last volume or the entire manga collection around the globe?) even Ichigo became a total nonsense with everyturn discovering a new power or bloodline, they just forgot to put Jesus, Maria and Jose in the equation.
Bleach is dark? It was compared to a gag manga and put in the same tab with likes of Gegege Kintaro... but i have my doubts if it was because they thought Bleach was funny or if was simple because it became ridiculous.
The last arc needs a LOT of fixing. But you are right. They won't change much since Tite Kubo won't allow the others to fix what he ruined with so much care in the last lap. But let us all enjoy this last effort.
I used to like Bleach a lot, was my favorite manga and anime since 2001-2002, even made fanfics and fanzines, but seeing how Tite Kubo started to thrash his own work and ended up throwing it in the garbage, i just lost interest after Ichigo and his power ranger ninja clothes in the arc where he lost his powers. If you compare what Bleach was (deep, well writen and philosophical) with what it ended up been at the end, there's no way not to feel disappointed.

To be honest I really do not care WHY you don't like Boruto. As a Boruto fan I have heard plenty of criticism of it already. I just enjoy it.

And since you feel the need to just randomly shit on Boruto in a Bleach discussion and because you think the 12th best selling manga
OF ALL TIME was somehow "selling like shit" I am really just not all that interested in any further discussion with you.

have a good day

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Bleach doesn't need a next generations, it just needs to continue the Hell Arc, which looked honestly very promising.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bleach doesn't need a next generations, it just needs to continue the Hell Arc, which looked honestly very promising.
Agreed although I see the Hell Arc potentially having Kazui as a leading role which could be seen as similar
as Boruto but really it's two different stories. Also I personally predict that Burn the Witch is going to be a concurrent sequel
and that eventually Burn the Witch and Hell Arc will collide in a massive final conclusion.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Agreed although I see the Hell Arc potentially having Kazui as a leading role which could be seen as similar
as Boruto but really it's two different stories. Also I personally predict that Burn the Witch is going to be a concurrent sequel
and that eventually Burn the Witch and Hell Arc will collide in a massive final conclusion.
Personally I hope he keeps those separate other than the Soul Society West easter egg. I didn't like Burn the Witch and it feels way too different to Bleach, on top of having a far too different lore. If those "collide" somehow I would be forced to learn more about BtW to get everything and that would be a disservice.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think Bleach needs anything but Kubo definitely left the door open. I can understand drawing teenager versions of Kazui and Ichika for fun but why even build that mystery about the former if he is not going to do something with it?

Even Burn The Witch is in the same universe as Bleach.

Anyway, as long as it's something he really wants I don't see the issue. I hated the final arc and the Fullbringer one but the arcs before this were all very good.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Personally I hope he keeps those separate other than the Soul Society West easter egg. I didn't like Burn the Witch and it feels way too different to Bleach, on top of having a far too different lore. If those "collide" somehow I would be forced to learn more about BtW to get everything and that would be a disservice.
In that case I am personally hoping Kubo does a disservice to you. (Although nothing personally against you.)

I think BTW is alright but it's hard for me to really judge it with just one chapter. Same goes for Hell arc.
I just expect that it will turn out awesome because it's Kubo. Though who knows it may end up being trash and the Bleach connection could just
be a cheap gimmick to get people interested. Still I'd like to think Kubo is using BTW to explore different ideas he couldn't really do in Bleach
and while it's perfectly fine to keep it mostly separated I just like the idea of East meets West when it's done right. Of course it's also really easy to mess up.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I don't think Bleach needs anything but Kubo definitely left the door open. I can understand drawing teenager versions of Kazui and Ichika for fun but why even build that mystery about the former if he is not going to do something with it?

Even Burn The Witch is in the same universe as Bleach.

Anyway, as long as it's something he really wants I don't see the issue. I hated the final arc and the Fullbringer one but the arcs before this were all very good.

Final arc and Fullbringer arcs are actually my favorite arcs.

But I agree that Bleach doesn't really need any sequels but if that's what Kubo wants to do then I'm interested to see what he does.

Australopithecus

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
In that case I am personally hoping Kubo does a disservice to you. (Although nothing personally against you.)

I think BTW is alright but it's hard for me to really judge it with just one chapter. Same goes for Hell arc.
I just expect that it will turn out awesome because it's Kubo. Though who knows it may end up being trash and the Bleach connection could just
be a cheap gimmick to get people interested. Still I'd like to think Kubo is using BTW to explore different ideas he couldn't really do in Bleach
and while it's perfectly fine to keep it mostly separated I just like the idea of East meets West when it's done right. Of course it's also really easy to mess up.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Final arc and Fullbringer arcs are actually my favorite arcs.

But I agree that Bleach doesn't really need any sequels but if that's what Kubo wants to do then I'm interested to see what he does.
Bleach cannot compare to the fiasco called Boruto. It is so different in so many levels. The similarity between Boruto and Ichigos kid remains in the fact that both main actors have a son. However, the latter's role in the story seems utterly different than Boruto. In Boruto, the kid is more central than his father. In bleach, however, it seems like he is connected to hell somehow and the father will be involved like the main hero usually does to entangle stuff. That's my view.

Btw is you like the fullbringer arc, check out Yu Yu Hakusho. There is an arc that is crazily similar insofar as I would argue Kubo is directly influenced by it.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bleach cannot compare to the fiasco called Boruto. It is so different in so many levels. The similarity between Boruto and Ichigos kid remains in the fact that both main actors have a son. However, the latter's role in the story seems utterly different than Boruto. In Boruto, the kid is more central than his father. In bleach, however, it seems like he is connected to hell somehow and the father will be involved like the main hero usually does to entangle stuff. That's my view.

Btw is you like the fullbringer arc, check out Yu Yu Hakusho. There is an arc that is crazily similar insofar as I would argue Kubo is directly influenced by it.

Well I agree that Bleach is on another level than Boruto. But I still think Boruto is legit a great show but in it's own way.
Most people hate it because they were either never Naruto fans or they think it's too different from Naruto but I appreciate that it does it's own thing.

However that's enough about Boruto.

Bleach is just plain epic to me. Personally I think Ichigo, despite what so many say, actually has one of the best character arcs in all of shonen.

I have watched a little bit of YuYu Hakusho before but I don't think I got very far. I have heard people saying Kubo ripped off something called the Chapter Black arc but I dunno I just enjoy the Fullbring arc. However I do really like Hunter x Hunter so YYH is on my proverbial anime watch list or manga read list.

Australopithecus

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Well I agree that Bleach is on another level than Boruto. But I still think Boruto is legit a great show but in it's own way.
Most people hate it because they were either never Naruto fans or they think it's too different from Naruto but I appreciate that it does it's own thing.

However that's enough about Boruto.

Bleach is just plain epic to me. Personally I think Ichigo, despite what so many say, actually has one of the best character arcs in all of shonen.

I have watched a little bit of YuYu Hakusho before but I don't think I got very far. I have heard people saying Kubo ripped off something called the Chapter Black arc but I dunno I just enjoy the Fullbring arc. However I do really like Hunter x Hunter so YYH is on my proverbial anime watch list or manga read list.
No, I was a Naruto fan for so many years. What happened in Boruto is that the Kid took over the father's role, and the latter together with Sasuke (the two main top fighters of the story) just became absurdly weak to forcefully create the spotlight for his son, which is BS. I am not trying to ruin the show for you or anything. I am glad you enjoy it. I myself do enjoy some shows that have very low ratings in IMDB and stuff, so I can relate, but, to many, Boruto is a total butchery of the Naruto story. For Boruto to be, the Naruto story had to be shat on.

Bleach, on the other hand, is pretty epic, and became even more so with the Hell arc/saga. The son does not take the spotlight from the father. He will be crucial to the hell arc the same way Rukia was crucial to the Soul Society arc and the same way Orihime was to Hueco Mundo. That's how Bleach keeps its prestige despite the involvement of the new generation.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
No, I was a Naruto fan for so many years. What happened in Boruto is that the Kid took over the father's role, and the latter together with Sasuke (the two main top fighters of the story) just became absurdly weak to forcefully create the spotlight for his son, which is BS. I am not trying to ruin the show for you or anything. I am glad you enjoy it. I myself do enjoy some shows that have very low ratings in IMDB and stuff, so I can relate, but, to many, Boruto is a total butchery of the Naruto story. For Boruto to be, the Naruto story had to be shat on.

Bleach, on the other hand, is pretty epic, and became even more so with the Hell arc/saga. The son does not take the spotlight from the father. He will be crucial to the hell arc the same way Rukia was crucial to the Soul Society arc and the same way Orihime was to Hueco Mundo. That's how Bleach keeps its prestige despite the involvement of the new generation.
Since this is the Bleach thread I'll be happy to discuss Boruto further in the Boruto thread otherwise I will just agree to disagree. :)

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Having seen the first episode of the new arc, I say "yay! high quality animation!" I also say "hmm, it was a shot-for-shot identical to the manga.".

Normally I'd be a fan of the latter. But Kubo's plot really REALLY needs revising for that last arc.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Normally I'd be a fan of the latter. But Kubo's plot really REALLY needs revising for that last arc.
I don't see why yes.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
They did us dirty with that nostalgic ending and the soundtrack. I don't want to get hyped cause I read the manga and I know how bad this arc is but oh boy don't play with my nostalgic heart like this.

Is it me or Ichigo's hair is less orange this time?

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oh shit. The pre-OP intro on episode 7 of blood war has details that the manga DID NOT INCLUDE. I won't say what it is (do spoilers really apply here anymore?) but it gives me hope that Kubo's helping to revise the plot to a more satisfying story.

Let's start with "why the bloody hell don't hollowified shinigami (vizards) feature more in the plot"? If the mere reiatsu of hollows is deadly poison to quincies, how the hell was this not something that factored heavily?

Oh and "why was Ichigo being very obviously telegraphed as a future soul king with that not going anywhere?"

Oh and "what was this whole "Ywach wanted to do away with the cycle of soul death and rebirth, collapsing all the realms (hueco mundo, soul society, living world) into one""

Oh and "who's the replacement of the soul king at the end once ywach AND the prior soul king are both dead?"

Oh and "just what was the soul king anyway, and why does ywach refer to him as his father?"

Oh and "what were ichibi hyosuke's actual intentions sending the scooby troop after ywach, knowing full well they couldn't win?"

The list goes on.

Last edited: