Shounen - Bleach by Tite Kubo | Page 28 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Oh shit. The pre-OP intro on episode 7 of blood war has details that the manga DID NOT INCLUDE. I won't say what it is (do spoilers really apply here anymore?) but it gives me hope that Kubo's helping to revise the plot to a more satisfying story.

Let's start with "why the bloody hell don't hollowified shinigami (vizards) feature more in the plot"? If the mere reiatsu of hollows is deadly poison to quincies, how the hell was this not something that factored heavily?
Sounds interesting. I might have to watch it after all.

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Overall the new series is quite good. Seeing Kenpachi vs Unohana was fan-freaking-tastic. Very satisfying. The manga didn't actually...show...or explain...Unohana's bankai except a single image of it kind of turning into blood when bankai was invoked. The anime was kind enough to actually show it in action. Funny enough there was no dialogue to this effect, but the animation is self-explanatory.

I think with some of the other stuff, the anime's omitting small bits of dialogue here and there which added nuance to the plot - for example, when Mayuri explained to Ichigo how damage to bankai is permanent - that conversation omitted details about Ikkaku's bankai getting damaged by the Arrancar and Renji's bankai missing the segments destroyed by Byakuya and another Arrancar, and how Komamura's bankai can recover from damage but only because it's linked to Komamura's health, etc.

Seeing that, and the other "exposition" scene the anime added (Ywach's partial defeat by the Gotei 13, 1000 years ago), which ALSO lacked dialogue, I'm wondering if the terms of the anime adaptation are "no dialogue revisions or additions, but minor cuts are allowed". That would make me somewhat sad, as, again, my LORD it seems Kubo either A: didn't have an editor or B: ignored his editor during this arc.

To be fair, he also did that during the Aizen Butterfly arc. It was just a lot more egregious this time.

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think with some of the other stuff, the anime's omitting small bits of dialogue here and there which added nuance to the plot - for example, when Mayuri explained to Ichigo how damage to bankai is permanent - that conversation omitted details about Ikkaku's bankai getting damaged by the Arrancar and Renji's bankai missing the segments destroyed by Byakuya and another Arrancar, and how Komamura's bankai can recover from damage but only because it's linked to Komamura's health, etc.

Seeing that, and the other "exposition" scene the anime added (Ywach's partial defeat by the Gotei 13, 1000 years ago), which ALSO lacked dialogue, I'm wondering if the terms of the anime adaptation are "no dialogue revisions or additions, but minor cuts are allowed". That would make me somewhat sad, as, again, my LORD it seems Kubo either A: didn't have an editor or B: ignored his editor during this arc.

Personally I am hoping second cour will
have the Soul Reapers and Quincies both training and preparing for the 2nd Invasion
and the omitted details could be added there somehow.

I think Mayuri talking about the other broken bankai works in the manga because you can read at your own pace but it would get dull if in the anime Mayuri was just rambling on
about things that are besides the point.
The point being Ichigo’s bankai.

although there were some details and moments that I would have liked left in
such as Robert shooting the messenger.

Greener223224

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
What happened to the old Bleach subforum?