Shounen - Blue Box by Kouji Miura | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Blue Box by Kouji Miura

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
This match is my favorite stretch of chaps in the series so far. My boi came up short this time, but Haryu taking it all next year.
That hug panel was great. And agree, these chapters have surprisingly been great. I didn't expect a backstory between two secondary characters to be captivating like this.

Still not convinced this is the ideal Taiki should strive towards btw :hmph
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Even when they look bad compared to HaRen, they’re still that good-written. It speaks volumes of Miura’s writing, imo.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Really good chapter this week, Hina proving why she is the most well written character in this manga continues :amuse

That last panel I think is a red herring. I doubt she comes out and confesses outright.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Blue Box is the only manga in Jump right now that gives you all the feels, good or bad, and make you squeal in your pillow like a little girl, regardless of gender.

Good lord. I can’t believe how much of a rollercoaster Miura can take us on within a few pages. Seriously, she needs and deserves all the accolades she can get.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
@BD_Beno @Brandish μ Im afraid you Chinatsu stans are gonna have to hold that

This is probably going to backfire horribly on me later on, but fuck it :XD

Beautiful chapter. I'm too happy.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Pssh, I'm unfazed. Thanks to Aka, I'm well-equipped to handle this.
LOL are you referring to Aqua-Kana compared to Aqua-Akane?

Probably going to be posting more on here since Stone ended. Blue Box is/might be currently my favorite ongoing WSJ series. Only one I actually care about current events in really.

You can have these(Miura sketch)
She has a Twitter? I actually didnt know, thanks for the art.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
This is probably going to backfire horribly on me later on, but fuck it :XD
:lmao

Haven't read this but it'll be interesting to see how Taiki interprets Hina. The drive, goal chasing, determination etc that he admires in Chi are present in Hina. If Taiki looks at it that way it, he'll probably conclude that he loves Chi for other reasons :heh

And yea, Karen is the top tier here :worship2

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Haven't read this but it'll be interesting to see how Taiki interprets Hina. The drive, goal chasing, determination etc that he admires in Chi are present in Hina. If Taiki looks at it that way it, he'll probably conclude that he loves Chi for other reasons :heh
He has known Hina for longer, if I am not wrong? They seem to be childhood friends. So we could have an agency where we get a friends to lovers development. As the series has gone on, he's actually been growing more and more aware of Hina's presence as a girl and a member of the opposite sex.
Feels like this whole Hina thing is a lesson on Chinatsu for not taking her shot when she had the chance to. Of course we could have Taiki circle back to Chinatsu at the end of the series, but I feel like there's some character development pending.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
LOL are you referring to Aqua-Kana compared to Aqua-Akane?
More the character suffering in general in both series 🤣

She has a Twitter? I actually didnt know, thanks for the art.
I think so. I saw these while scrolling on reddit, thought the stretching lineart was funny.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Hina's funny, she's nervous but handling it in a fun way, it's cute.

Feels like this whole Hina thing is a lesson on Chinatsu for not taking her shot when she had the chance to.

lol, you're cold as ice.

But I agree that this set up is for Chi to develop her feelings. Karen has foreshadowed this

Yep that art is amusing. Goes well with Hina.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Holy crap, Miura.

At this point, Miura’s just holding everyone who’s reading this by the balls. Both figuratively and literally.

I know Miura likes to subvert every preconceived notion about romcoms, but surely she can’t pass this up?

The time-honored tradition of the couple awkwardly staying at a love hotel? Come on, Miura. Make it happen.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
That's what we like to see, a manga girl cheered up after a bday beach trip with her bae. Hope those two get really close now, no more derailment, even mother nature is on their team.

Sorry Hina.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Of course, Taiki’s such a gentleman.......

Baka.

If Chii-tan knew, she would’ve dragged him to bed :hurr.

I fudging knew it.

KyoxHina was so blatantly obvious from day 1, and anyone who didn’t see it has to be blind.

Interested to see how the play works out. Will Hina have a scheme up her wrist?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Idk about Kyo x Hina. Sometimes those relationships work out but I don't love them as a read.

Taiki's really go Chinatsu on his mind too much lol. He registered a feat with Chi missing him in the morning, but if he realises it he'll probably completely dismiss it (which is better, imo, then him assuming the world out of some notice-ment).

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Idk about Kyo x Hina. Sometimes those relationships work out but I don't love them as a read.

Taiki's really go Chinatsu on his mind too much lol. He registered a feat with Chi missing him in the morning, but if he realises it he'll probably completely dismiss it (which is better, imo, then him assuming the world out of some notice-ment).
Me, personally? I’ve always liked the snarky/energetic type of dynamic in couples, and I see that in KyoxHina. I really feel they’re going to be set up as another foil to our main couple, even if Hina will have to go through something painful, as much as it pains me to say it.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Me, personally? I’ve always liked the snarky/energetic type of dynamic in couples, and I see that in KyoxHina. I really feel they’re going to be set up as another foil to our main couple, even if Hina will have to go through something painful, as much as it pains me to say it.
Yea, it could happen that way, for Hina as a character. To go from 'crush' to 'relationship'.

What do you think of Kyo in this scenario? This what I meant by not liking to read these type of relationships, because it can be viewed that Kyo was disingenuous throughout the story, as his main aim was Hina.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Ah. I see what you mean. Yeah, you could interpret it that way, but if I had to describe him, it would be “respectful“, I guess? I think he‘s very much rooting for Taiki, but he’s also staying out of Hina’s way, if it makes her happy. Kyo has the horrid unenviable position of the observant friend who knows what’s going on with everything, but he’s nevertheless wishing them to be happy. That’s my take on it.