Discussion - Boku no Hero Academia Specials/Omakes | Page 26 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Boku no Hero Academia Specials/Omakes

KOBA

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Spoilers for the bonus chapter ahead:
  • Deku is reading an article about All Might while out on the street
  • He comes across Bakugou and Co (both are surprised and Deku is nervous)
  • Long fingered friend steals Deku's comic and ridicules him for looking at the All Might artcile making Deku feel bad
  • Bakugou takes the comic and throws it back to Deku with a comment over his shoulder.
[ This exchange is likley around how futile Deku's day dreams are while also being a nod to throwing books.]

• They are surprised by a commotion where a villain ( that looks like the sludge villain but is not) is purse snatching.
  • Everyone is scared except Bakugou, who gets excited and thinks of the glory and boost he would get from being the middle schooler who takes out a villain so uses his quirk to attack the villain (illegal child).
  • This is also interrupted by some freak weather- source unknown (but the Movie villain nine has a weather quirk), and the villain seems to get away.
  • Bakugou falling into a puddle and the clear sky affirms that the weather was unnatural, Bakugou quickly gets up and gives chase and this is what the chapter ends on.
credits to PocketPika on reddit

KOBA

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Interesting, it seems Bakugou really wasn't as mean as some thought.

Sirin

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Interesting, it seems Bakugou really wasn't as mean as some thought.
Please, consider that this spin-off is by Akiyama. She generally has this tendency of making everything much softer and less serious than it is in the main manga. Just take her TUM as an example.
I don’t mean that Katsuki was some sort of devil incarnated, but it’s always better to take her spin-offs with a grain of salt.

KOBA

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Please, consider that this spin-off is by Akiyama. She generally has this tendency of making everything much softer and less serious than it is in the main manga. Just take her TUM as an example.
I don’t mean that Katsuki was some sort of devil incarnated, but it’s always better to take her spin-offs with a grain of salt.
Well in first chapter, Bakugou's cronies did mention that he was meaner than usual. It actually explains why Izuku still has admiration for Bakugou.

Last edited:

Avtarino

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Speaking of TUM, did that end or does it only have one chapter (two in mangadex, but one is just a short intro)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Anyway, regarding Yoco’s current MHA spinoff— Deku&Bakugou: Rising—I’m looking forward to it

While their tone had been a lot lighter in comparison to the main story (at least in TUM), they have always nailed the personalities of the characters, so the characters don’t act Out of Character (something which would always be jarring as heck)—TUM is also a great example of main-series characters still acting in-character in a spinoff. Which is saying much since I can’t say the same regarding the other spinoff. It makes sense though, Yoco was Hori’s assistant at one point.

Sirin

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Spain
TUM is also a great example of main-series characters still acting in-character in a spinoff. Which is saying much since I can’t say the same regarding the other spinoff. It makes sense though, Yoco was Hori’s assistant at one point.
I partially agree. The personalities are okay, though the actual situations in TUM are just… you know. Seriously farfetched. And no, it hasn’t ended, seems like there will be a tankobon or something. Though no proper scans and translations of the chapters that came out so far.
And yeah, all the way until Aizawa’s arc Vigilante had really cringy OOC moments here and there.

Avtarino

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Yeah the situations the characters land in in TUM is not to be taken too seriously. It’s like SMASH!! but less ridiculous. I like them because you know without a doubt that all the scenarios in them are just fun what-if, but the authors of the respective series just nails the characters’ personalities anyway

Avtarino

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I like this miniseries. Akiyama always nail the personalities of the characters, and the way they present the characters and the universe feel very similar to Hori's way of presenting them.

Middleschool Bakugou chasing a villain by flying but was cut short just before he fights, because there's no way he would put up a serious fight at that point.

Deku being very analytical and just minding his own business, not interacting much with Bakugou, even though he still admires him

and Bakugou got all pissed off because he thinks the weakest kid -- pipsqueak Izuku beat him to the punch.

I wish Akiyama does a full blown spinoff with their own original characters

Last edited:

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I like this miniseries. Akiyama always nail the personalities of the characters, and the way they present the characters and the universe feel very similar to Hori's way of presenting them.

Middleschool Bakugou chasing a villain by flying but was cut short just before he fights, because there's no way he would put up a serious fight at that point.

Deku being very analytical and just minding his own business, not interacting much with Bakugou, even though he still admires him

and Bakugou got all pissed off because he thinks the weakest kid -- pipsqueak Izuku beat him to the punch.

I wish Akiyama does a full blown spinoff with their own original characters
I don't think so, especially looking at Bakugo's character. He isn't the kind of guy who would break the law and use his quirk to chase a villain without a license.
In the very first chapter of the main manga he told his friends to stop smoking, because if they get caught it could get him in trouble, too. If he doesn't want to get in trouble for underage smoking he wouldn't illegally use his quirk to capture a villain.

Mallas26

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Guys,i need your help. Could you pls link here page from 25 volume where Horikoshi admits that he did not want omake for villains,but now he change his mind. Pretty please!