Discussion - Boku no Hero Academia Specials/Omakes | Page 28 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Boku no Hero Academia Specials/Omakes

nectar

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Shoto is Wisdom? Um, okay.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol you find that strange and not Bakugou as Righteousness?
More Self-righteousness than Righteousness but I can at least see what they were going for with him. Now, if they fully meant plain ole Righteousness then yeah, that's a problem too.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
......Now I kinda want to see Ochako returning with some pretty nice abs, presumably after getting ticked about Deku leaving. Could see her throwing herself into extra training so she can actually give him a piece of her mind.

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I agree that it was the best pick. But there is no one in this series who fits "Emo" more than Dabi himself :amuse .
I used to think that way until I saw this draft. None of them actually died? Deku went berserk for only one chapter? Overall its super emo. Bakugou one isnt that bad ( though very emo too ) but if anything it should have been used in 29.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

whateva

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
This interview makes me hopeful for the students in the future.
I am too, but I'll hold some skepticism as well. I feel like Deku not being at UA anymore should make it easy to focus on the other students but I wouldn't be surprised if some things just get ignored completely. Shoji seems perfect for this stuff regarding mutants and I felt like Monoma got left out to dry for awhile. I hope we can get that moment he talked about for Mina and I hope the fact that both of Momo's mentors died in the last arc isn't skimmed over.

The students for the most part have been neglected in terms of development for awhile and it'll be interesting to see how they operate without Deku. Given that he didn't really go vigilante, hopefully the students don't go chasing after him. I want to see them develop without Deku/his influence. Bakugo especially has so much of his character tied to Deku.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I am too, but I'll hold some skepticism as well. I feel like Deku not being at UA anymore should make it easy to focus on the other students but I wouldn't be surprised if some things just get ignored completely. Shoji seems perfect for this stuff regarding mutants and I felt like Monoma got left out to dry for awhile. I hope we can get that moment he talked about for Mina and I hope the fact that both of Momo's mentors died in the last arc isn't skimmed over.

The students for the most part have been neglected in terms of development for awhile and it'll be interesting to see how they operate without Deku. Given that he didn't really go vigilante, hopefully the students don't go chasing after him. I want to see them develop without Deku/his influence. Bakugo especially has so much of his character tied to Deku.
Yeah, the war left open quite a lot of possibilities for the other students to grow and develop. A lot of the students were intentionally given scenes that could be used to spur a subplot or future development for them. Characters like Mina, Tokoyami, Momo and Kaminari come to mind.

Considering we've only briefly seen most of the students after the war, I think focusing on them overcoming either the triumphs or the uncertaintities caused by the last war would be compelling. Most of the students got messed up mentally, and it would be nice to see how they cope emotionally with their role in the war as well as the aftermath of it, particularly on how it makes society view them.

avietar

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I think it's odd that the villains aren't more popular in Japan. Japanese audiences and western audiences really are quite different in many ways. It would be interesting to see what audiences (Japanese and foreign) find compelling about the series and where they differ.