Discussion - Boku no Hero Academia The 2nd Movie: "HEROES: RISING" | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Boku no Hero Academia The 2nd Movie: "HEROES: RISING"

Clown from Argentina

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I actually don’t mind Deku getting seven quirks, jsut as long as it’s executed well.
It is so stupid. :epicfacepalm
The protagonist was given the top 2 quirk in the world, but apparently the author considered that Deku was weak and decided to put 6 more new ones in it.:umad
In fact, the author killed the protagonist as a character when he made him fat Mary Sue

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Pr0teu5

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bakugo getting OFA temporarily is awesome, this is probably what Horikoshi was talking about as the thing that he had originally planned to put at the end of BNHA.

I hope that Bakugo having it for a while gets referenced in the actual manga, and I hope even more that he gets to keep part of it. Bakugo and Deku can share OFA’s power.

KOBA

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
So can someone say how this movie is doing box office wise?

ChocoBar9

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
So can someone say how this movie is doing box office wise?

It reach over a billion yen in 2 weeks which is great and on par with the first movie.

KOBA

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bakugo getting OFA temporarily is awesome, this is probably what Horikoshi was talking about as the thing that he had originally planned to put at the end of BNHA.

I hope that Bakugo having it for a while gets referenced in the actual manga, and I hope even more that he gets to keep part of it. Bakugo and Deku can share OFA’s power.
IMO, Bakugo in no way shape or form deserves OFA. Movie aside, he’s barely showed any heroic qualities. Honestly it seems force fed by Horikoshi based on his popularity.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
At this point in the manga, Endeavor is a way better candidate for OFA. Plus, it'd be amusing to see Endeavor getting frustrated with his Successor screwing up with his Quirk.

Last edited:

KOBA

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
IMO, Bakugo in no way shape or form deserves OFA. Movie aside, he’s barely showed any heroic qualities. Honestly it seems force fed by Horikoshi based on his popularity.
But in the movie he did save like four people. I do view this as sneak pic of endgame Bakugou. He already saved a person, movie aside, naturally he'll get better.

At this point in the manga, Endeavor is a way better candidate for OFA. Plus, it'd be amusing to see Endeavor getting frustrated with his Successor screwing up with his Quirk.
There probably age limits, otherwise why didn't Nana give OFA to Gran Torino for example.

Sirin

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Spain
There probably age limits, otherwise why didn't Nana give OFA to Gran Torino for example.
More like, why would you transfer such quirk to someone who’d need years to master it, but is already not that young? So Nana invested OFA into a kid who still had year and years of life ahead of him.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
More like, why would you transfer such quirk to someone who’d need years to master it, but is already not that young? So Nana invested OFA into a kid who still had year and years of life ahead of him.
That's the main upside of transferring OFA to a young successor. But if Deku had to pick someone in a hurry, Endeavor's still one of the better candidates around. I'd say he's still got at least 15 years of service left in him, and that's still a pretty long time.

Taka12345

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone tell me the contents of Volume Rising? From what I know it includes Nine's back story, some small stuff about Shigaraki and some other league members and an interview with Horikoshi. Since I got volume 0 I know that they are super small and do not have much content. So is there more than this? Some Bakugou and Deku related stuff? Imo it sounds boring otherwise...

Moreover is the plot line with Shigaraki where he should do a delivery part of the movie? I only read this thread for information and I didn't see any confirmation but since it seems to be done in the manga by now I think that it ties in to the movie there?

From what I've read the movie sounds great and I'm looking forward to watching it. Sadly there is no announcement for my country yet, so I might have to wait until a home release and import it like the first movie...

One4All

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Bakogou seems to be improving attitudewise but I need to see him fully done on being insecure with Deku to convince myself that he deserves a part of OFA.

But IMO,he doesn't need to have a part of OFA to be a top hero. Endeavor made it to top 2 with 1 quirk. And so far,the other quirks were kind of inferior with the superstrength the OFA has given to Deku(blackwhip and float). It would also be fitting if the final battle will be OFA(Deku) vs Shiggy(AFO) as they are both similar and different at the same time.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
*looks at the spoilers from the movie*

oh dear god

Its the Bakugou 2nd User Time-Travel Theory people

RUN

(not that I dislike them, just the theory, time travel tends to suck)

Clown from Argentina

Reaction score
Country
France
*looks at the spoilers from the movie*

oh dear god

Its the Bakugou 2nd User Time-Travel Theory people

RUN

(not that I dislike them, just the theory, time travel tends to suck)
Send a character to the past = kill a character for the current story. :yodawg

And taking into account the fact that he is the most popular / favorite favorite character for 80% readers and cash cow for the author and the magazine, no one will take this moronic step.

It’s like the author to shoot a gun in his own head.:umad

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Since the movie already came out a month ago, I'll ask: What do we know about Nine's quirks and Chimera's fighting abilities? That's about the only thing I'm interested about.