Discussion - Can Luffy surpass roger in power | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Can Luffy surpass roger in power

LeidenReloaded

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well i guess Luffy doesnt has to surpass Roger in terms of Power. He said it himself "the most free person on the Grand Line will be Pirate King." And we know that he is welcome on every Island the were on the Grand Line (except WhiskyPeak but that didnt count). Also Mihawk notices that its not his DF or Strenght that make him powerful. Its his ability to make everyone his Ally. Even his older enemies. I mean lets face it he has the Giants of Elbav on his side, WB Allies, Maybe BigMom (we all guess its Lolas Mum), and im sure there will be many more. Not his strenght will count in the end when he faces the WG their 100years Void History (or what you call it^^). The number of Allies in the world will help him to set free the Truth about "D" and the dark history of the WG.

gunsmoke69

Reaction score
Country
Canada
He's clearly even surpassed the speed he had from Gear 2 since the time skip. He dodged a Pacifista's light beam attack, which is based on Kizaru's own light beam attack; and we know Kizaru, from what he says, can kick/attack at the speed of light. So the Pacifista's attacks must be on par or at least near the speed and destructiveness of Kizaru's own attacks. So since the time skip Luffy commented on how slow the Pacifista's beam verbally and physically, all the while being in his normal state, is and then attacked soon after with Gear 2.
I doubt hes on an admirals level right now. You cannot compare a pacifista to kizaru. Did u c kizarus attacks on HQ... its way more destructive than a pacifistas attack.... kizaru was the only admiral who didnt get any injuries during the war even aftr facing whitebeard and the other pirates... I'm not saying hes the strongest but my point is that luffy still has to get stronger if he wants to be on that level.. They have just crossed half of the grand line... Theres still a longgg way too go before he reaches raftel and conquers the whole grandline.. He has plenty of time to catch up and become the strongest. Im very interested in seeing how much he has improved over the past couple of years... i cud be wrong bout him not being on an admirals level... He cud surprise me wid a new gear or mayb a perfected gear 2 or 3. its just my opinion

Ninja_Pirate

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
He's clearly even surpassed the speed he had from Gear 2 since the time skip. He dodged a Pacifista's light beam attack, which is based on Kizaru's own light beam attack; and we know Kizaru, from what he says, can kick/attack at the speed of light. So the Pacifista's attacks must be on par or at least near the speed and destructiveness of Kizaru's own attacks. So since the time skip Luffy commented on how slow the Pacifista's beam verbally and physically, all the while being in his normal state, is and then attacked soon after with Gear 2.
Yes, undoubtedly luffy has surpassed his previous speed and for him Lucci might now be a soft toy to play with .. But i am sure that oda will not make him move with speed of light (considering a lil physics) .. although yes he did dodge pacifista attack since there is a time delay in which pacifista charge up and fire laser... as we can see their previous encounter in which also luffy has been shown dodging the laser attacks from pacifista..

As far as kizaru is concerned i think he also has some time delay to convert into light from his physical form( i think it has been discussed before on forum) .. As we have seen Rayleigh to counter his movement during SA arc...

gunsmoke69

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Luffy is still no where near the top. The more we see his strength, the more we see how strong the big names are in the new world. Doflamingo is definitely stronger than him not to mention Kaidou who is on a completely different level. As for luffys current level, I hardly believe he is capable of beating even doflamingo

MBVC

Reaction score
Country
Bouvet Island
I doubt hes on an admirals level right now. You cannot compare a pacifista to kizaru. Did u c kizarus attacks on HQ... its way more destructive than a pacifistas attack.... kizaru was the only admiral who didnt get any injuries during the war even aftr facing whitebeard and the other pirates... I'm not saying hes the strongest but my point is that luffy still has to get stronger if he wants to be on that level.. They have just crossed half of the grand line... Theres still a longgg way too go before he reaches raftel and conquers the whole grandline.. He has plenty of time to catch up and become the strongest. Im very interested in seeing how much he has improved over the past couple of years... i cud be wrong bout him not being on an admirals level... He cud surprise me wid a new gear or mayb a perfected gear 2 or 3. its just my opinion

I completely disagree about Luffy movement close to light speed, I remember both Sanji and Zoro also destroyed a PX robot easily. Did they have to move close to speed of light in order to do that? I don't think so, PX robots can shoot out laser but their movements aren't fast at all, even those above average NW pirates destroyed some PX machines without much effort. Only Kizaru is able to move at light speed but all of his attacks take time to gather light energy before shooting out, of course this must be his only weakness for the plot, otherwise he's #1 strongest because no one can match his extreme speed in order to attack him or defend against him.

gunsmoke69

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Luffy surpassing Roger seems to be very far away given that he got taken out by Kaido in one strike. However, I do feel Luffy has another technique up his sleeve since he was so willing to use Gear 4 against Ulti-sama. Still got a long way to go

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I suspect Luffy is just right under Reyleigh in terms of power, I bet he is closing the gap between him and the bignames as every chapter goes by.
I remember when we used to think FI M3 were low top tier, good times.