Theory - Crazy Theories and Predictions | Page 88 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Crazy Theories and Predictions

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ok here is one crazy prediction:
We will see Toki Toki no Mi effects again and on a much larger scale. Core characters from Ancient Kingdom will come back for the final showdown (yes, hello Edo Tensei). One of the reason WG hides ancient history is because they know that Toki fruit was used and AK in some capacity is coming back and don't want to give them any possible sympathizers. Those AK characters will be presented as Devils by WG but of course will act as allies to SHs.

Edit: I don't know much about Japanese mythology, but those good AK characters could have some mythical zoan fruits of "good" folklore beings and gods.
I'm guessing rather than actual resurrection, you mean (forward) time travel? Toki herself is the only one who would have had that fruit's ability for the last 800 years, so are you saying she awakened it and did a mass time travel event for all those people ≥800 years before?

Laugh Tale is an artificial or artificially altered Island created by the people of the Void Century which rejects Devil Fruit users, hence why Buggy, the only one in Rogers crew with a DF, got sick getting closer to it and was unable to go further. That's also the reason why no one in Shanks crew ate a DF because Shanks knows at least that much. Which is also why BB will never get his hands on the One Piece, at least not on Laugh Tale. Luffy will be the exception because he is Nika and I think that's also the reason why Shanks was interested at least in that fruit and why he had to wait for Luffy to awaken Nika.

That is so because the creators wanted to keep the Devil (Imu, reverse for Umi because everything is reverse with the Devil involved) away from treasure, since it will not only hold information about the past or the void century, but also a prophecy. Devil fruits will somehow tie to Imu or their race.
This would be really interesting except that unless Luffy's exception can be extended to his crew somehow, Nico Robin would be excluded. Beyond that, Imu backwards in Japanese is "mui," not "umi."

I do think if he really wanted, Oda could easily use some compound of 無 to make "Mui" refer to a sense of meaninglessness or nothingness, but I can't see that being connected with the sea right now. It isn't necessary though, because "Imu" already has the "mu" sound in it so people probably think of it as negating or nullifying something (or just being empty), just by the nature of the sounds involved.

traf

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Estonia
I'm guessing rather than actual resurrection, you mean (forward) time travel? Toki herself is the only one who would have had that fruit's ability for the last 800 years, so are you saying she awakened it and did a mass time travel event for all those people ≥800 years before?

This would be really interesting except that unless Luffy's exception can be extended to his crew somehow, Nico Robin would be excluded. Beyond that, Imu backwards in Japanese is "mui," not "umi."

I do think if he really wanted, Oda could easily use some compound of 無 to make "Mui" refer to a sense of meaninglessness or nothingness, but I can't see that being connected with the sea right now. It isn't necessary though, because "Imu" already has the "mu" sound in it so people probably think of it as negating or nullifying something (or just being empty), just by the nature of the sounds involved.
Yes, I mean forward time travel and probably performed not by Toki but by previous fruit owner. It could still fit the timeline since Void Century (lasting 100y) apparently ended ~800y ago, and that's about when Toki was born, putting previous owner of Toki Toki fruit very conveniently somewhere in the Void Century. Similarly previous owner could have sent a bunch of important chars way forward and died soon after.

Federicoxxx

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I was re reading a chapter... and might be a translation mistake but Warcury refers to imu as She... i also had the hunch Imu is a girl not a boy... i bet i m not the first who reallt tough on that

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I was re reading a chapter... and might be a translation mistake but Warcury refers to imu as She... i also had the hunch Imu is a girl not a boy... i bet i m not the first who reallt tough on that

It's still possible Imu is a woman but just judging by Oda's tendencies, I'd be very surprised if that gets confirmed. Anyway, it's probably not a gender-specific term that would have been used in Japanese. (I can't remember if I've seen anything ruling out the possibility "Imu" could be a title rather than a person's name, as well.)

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Of course that's not in the original

DeadlyBeast

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Bro you need adblock af

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Crackpot theory: The "original" devil fruit users were not actually devil fruit users. Rather they got something akin to green blood to obtain their abilities. Once they died the abilities for some reason manifested as devil fruits.

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
secret behind gorosei's ability to heal/remain unwounded is their summoning circles, as long as they are "on", nothing happens to them.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Crazy thought I have is what if Imu is actually Joyboy who turned into a evil version of Nika due to being corrupted and all these people are apologizing to him for failing to save him.

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Luffy will soon discover, using his limitless imagination, he can "open" a gate to the world of the dead, will bring roger, whitebeard and ace to fight with him

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
My personal current pet theory is that Imu is someone who lost grip on reality, and does not understand what is real and what is just a dream or fantasy.

This solely based on the importance of dreams in One Piece. Luffy obviously has a big dream in pirate supremacy, and the hidden true dream. Blackbeards whole intro was epic speech about dreams. Which is fascinating for a person we now know literally does not dream (because they don't sleep). These two were also on the posters held by Imu.

One of most famous dream quotes is by Chinese philosopher Chuang Tzu. It's the story of how he dreamt once, that he was a butterfly. Happily being a butterfly. Then he woke up, and was again Chuang Tzu. Did he dream the butterfly, or did the butterfly dream him? This story is often taken as metaphorical pondering on how do we perceive what is "real" and what is not. (There are other interpretations but I won't go there here).

I think there are three major images introducing Imu. The throne, the giant straw hat aaand... reaching for a butterfly.

Alternatively it's the metamorphosis aspect of Chuang Tzus dream, and Imu is something beyond human now. A demon perhaps.

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
When roger met rayleigh for the first time, he said, he wants to turn the world upside down.

technology from 900 years ago, is said to be too advanced to apprehend for people living in the present. VP is said to be 500 years ahead when it comes to knowledge,

in a way, future lies in the past. and Down is actually Up.

5th dimension here we come!

andres

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Zunisha is the way the ancient civilization used to launch their spaceships to the moon, and in raftel there is an ancient spaceship that will let the mugiwaras to the moon, also, the earthquake that happened some issues ago, was triggered by enel , because all the things that happened in the moon in the front stories , did not happened back then but now

nightshade_nova

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I've been thinking about the giant robot for a while. Some people think that the robot will whoop gorosei's asses. I highly doubt that. Oda is a way better writer than that other mangaka who kept churning cavalry after cavalry after cavalry. The giants were the cavalry.

I think that the robot will give Luffy a power up. I'm thinking a weapon. This was hinted when luffy made a baseball bat previously, and also in Wano where he showed interest in having a weapon.

If you look at Nika's silhouette. It looks like a paintbrush and I'm thinking that the weapon will be exactly that. Luffy might probably get color-based power up too. Thematically, it fits cos he's all white in gear 5 like a blank canvas. The gorosei's inky black theme will give a nice contrast.

So, that's my prediction. Giant robot will give Luffy a paint brush. And he may or may not gain new powers related to colors.

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
it will be soon revealed that there are more DF classes, than we actually know. Only the three classes we have known so far are cursed.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
The Iron Giant has no power source, it's a Zoan user
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So I was thinking about how Ennies Lobby was built... how comes there's an island floating in the middle of a hole? Even assuming the two bridges connecting it are enough to held it in place, how comes there's a hole under it?

Is it possible the hole was already there before under the islands of Ennies Lobby and Lulusia? The island were like cork stoppers?

Last edited:

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
Random prediction: The contents of the last road poneglyph is tatted on a giant that had the eternal youth surgery done on him. He is Elbaf's greatest and most guarded secret. His real location is a mystery as he is alive and can hide anywhere he can hide.