Info - D.Gray-man Reverse Novels Info & Discussion | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info D.Gray-man Reverse Novels Info & Discussion

addenza

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I can help out with the proofreading as well, but like oceanfrost, it'll be from the Chinese version. :D

MSofAofCOCA

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
what, no discussion yet? xD

I'm thinking Mana either had a spell put on him or is not completely human (experiment, like Alma/ the thirds, anyone?), but i don't think he is an akuma. That doesn't fit to me. He also can't be the earl, since this is the second time that he and the Earl were in the same place at once.
I feel really bad for both of them, Red b/c of the abuse he faces, and Mana for having his life so screwed up (and then screwed up AGAIN, when Red hits him and he forgets about his brother).
I thought it was interesting how Mana thought Cross was his brother, rather that Cross was an ally of/friend of his brother instead.
Cross's words at the end to Red were also interesting: are all the events since then Red's fault, or is he only referring to the large circus massacre that Red brought about indirectly?

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Yay! I'm reading it right now and have already teared up a little bit.

Dlanor_A.Knox

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
what, no discussion yet? xD

I'm thinking Mana either had a spell put on him or is not completely human (experiment, like Alma/ the thirds, anyone?), but i don't think he is an akuma. That doesn't fit to me. He also can't be the earl, since this is the second time that he and the Earl were in the same place at once.
Actually I thought he was a Noah or something, since they clearly pointed out that he had golden eyes. He could be the Earl if the Earl had a split personallity that litterly splitted up one day, this also could explain why they look like each other.

I feel really bad for both of them, Red b/c of the abuse he faces, and Mana for having his life so screwed up (and then screwed up AGAIN, when Red hits him and he forgets about his brother).
We don't know for sure if it's Red's fists made him forget his lil bro.
Weird thing was that he almost forgot everything EXCEPT the Earl 0.0

I thought it was interesting how Mana thought Cross was his brother, rather that Cross was an ally of/friend of his brother instead.
Red said: “…Why do you spend so much effort looking for him, do you know him?”
Mana replied with: “That could be my little brother.”

He said That not he, so it could be that he meant that he already knew Cross and knew that Cross knew something about his lil bro, thus making him search so obsessed for man.

Cross's words at the end to Red were also interesting: are all the events since then Red's fault, or is he only referring to the large circus massacre that Red brought about indirectly?
I think he ment what happened at the Circus, because he already warned him to stay out of Mana's way ^^

Discussion enough? ;)

BexXx

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I just found out the reverse novels existed! Haha I was wondering what I was reading online a few months back some D.Gray Man novel at random....XD

Anywho...I must have these! Any chance they're gonna be released in English? I can get the Japanese versions easy but I want to be able to read them! (current Japanese fluency = poor, so very poor and not much time to get better so going to wait till september to start learning again when help arrives!). From the pics I've seen the artwork looks really beautiful, how did i miss their existence till now!?

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, they haven't been released over here yet but hopefully Viz will publish them. ^^

LutraKiller

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Hello, guys! I know, it's been many years since this thread was alive and a lot of water has gone under the bridge, but i still hope to find some help.
I really want to find this novels in Japanese (i want to read them and i kinda promised to a friend to translate them), i've been searching for a days now and it's no go. Buying them in my country is not an option, it's almost(?) impossible. I saw some links here, but they're all invalid by now..
So, if someone have Japanese raws and willing to share them, please, i would be really grateful!
P.S. I wonder if anybody will even see this O.o

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello, guys! I know, it's been many years since this thread was alive and a lot of water has gone under the bridge, but i still hope to find some help.
I really want to find this novels in Japanese (i want to read them and i kinda promised to a friend to translate them), i've been searching for a days now and it's no go. Buying them in my country is not an option, it's almost(?) impossible. I saw some links here, but they're all invalid by now..
So, if someone have Japanese raws and willing to share them, please, i would be really grateful!
P.S. I wonder if anybody will even see this O.o
I don't know if the individual sellers ship internationally, but have you tried Amazon? There are also other sellers of manga-related books out there. This thread is a little old but still has some great info, for example. Especially if you can read Japanese, you should be able to find copies of the books you need. :)