Shounen - Dead Rock by Hiro Mashima | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Dead Rock by Hiro Mashima

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Oh great , a new way to make this manga unintersting God was already a failure as an antagoniste because he is just a bootleg Frieza who just like to kill humans because it's fun BUT he is even more uninteresting and make Yakuto more sympathic because we use the trump card "fake one" and he is just an imposteur.

Also saw a miles away Yakuto wanted to kill him because his family and village was destroy by him.

Not very suprising it's only make 6K sales.
my fave character already. this is the type of villains mashima needs to be writing. love him already

giving me zero vibes
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Dead rock chapter 7 is out
@Prince of the RL District @Steven @Shoutmon @Velvet-Demon

Grimzilla32

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So are they trying to say that CHAKO the Yatagarasu is the Cat/Fox Girl that's been helping Yakuto?

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
So are they trying to say that CHAKO the Yatagarasu is the Cat/Fox Girl that's been helping Yakuto?
I could be misremembering, but I saw someone (who used google translate) say that they're different characters, but are somehow linked together

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
I could be misremembering, but I saw someone (who used google translate) say that they're different characters, but are somehow linked together
Yeah because it wasn't adding up if she was, wish they would just give us her name already

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Decent setup chapter

I already like the Halloween guy

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
Very interesting, so Zelecia and Chaco are indeed one in the same. And I don't think the rest of Class F is going to leave Yakuto and the others out to dry. Nice to see what unites them

And the Bebel is back, wonder where this will go

Prince of the RL District

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Good chapter but, I'm not liking the way a few things have been handled the past couple of chapters.
Starting from when Yakuto transformed fully at the arena and went on a rampage, didn't make sense to me. Why would he get super mad over something like that?? Considering the kind of school and fucked up world they live in?? You getting mad over a teacher using students as puppet?? Ffs u crushed ur teachers head in the first episode cuz reasons!!!
Not to mention his powers/race/form was supposed to be a secret(only his classmates knew who he was cuz he told them) but he just openly transformed in front of the teacher blowing his cover just like that? Then to make matters worse, the person he's been hiding his powers from (God) just appears and proceeds to "easily" suppress/oneshot him it was almost embarrassing. God didn't even seem to care to see he was part of the black dragon race either. Before we got the backstory I was hoping that the black dragon was some super special/secret race that maybe God feared(and he wiped them out cuz of it), so perhaps that's why Yakuto's been keeping his powers/roots a secret from everyone but that doesn't seem to be the case considering God didn't seem to give any fucks when he saw dragon yakuto before proceeding to sleep him.
I also don't like the fact that he was nerfed by succubus chick, but this is a minor nitpick.
And mostly, I hate that he's lost the badass killer aura of the much earlier chapters. He's starting to feel a little like ur generic and nakama cliche character. I mean even mikoto doesn't really hold him in high regard anymore as shown in this latest chapter.

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
Seeing Hien come to the rescue, knew he'd crack and admit they were friends

He has some good potential to be the new "Gray"

new chapter is out

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
That was the lamest finisher ive seen in a long time lol

@VG1989

Prince of the RL District

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
That was the lamest finisher ive seen in a long time lol

@VG1989
Yeah the chapter was okay except for the last part, the finisher. Don't know why Mashima can't ever get creative with his MC's skillset. Natsu, shiki and now Yakuto all throw power punches to end a fight, it's seriously lame.

I liked this one. Yakuto felt evil again
Me too, I loved the look on his face, reminded me of earlier chapters. This the Yakuto we loved and not some nakama bs character.

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah the chapter was okay except for the last part, the finisher. Don't know why Mashima can't ever get creative with his MC's skillset. Natsu, shiki and now Yakuto all throw power punches to end a fight, it's seriously lame.

Me too, I loved the look on his face, reminded me of earlier chapters. This the Yakuto we loved and not some nakama bs character.
Yeah,the chapter itself was not bad.But that "fight" was ass.Outside of that,so far,DR is decent.But who knows for how long

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hien is sure popular with all the wolf girls

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ok,that was pretty good.

Ice guy is already dead.Good to see the limits to bring back the dead people.